AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-06, 10:05   Link #1981
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Now that I think about it, they don't really need to upgrade Imagine Breaker at all. All they have to do is to modify Touma's body like Kihara to be able to think and respond on the same level as Accelerator. It's not an AIM power so it wouldn't be nulify, Heaven Canceller would be perfect for the job, plus it wouldn't affect his fighting style.

...Hmm, probably been playing too much Mass Effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I think both Flamma and Touma's power up aint going to be right now, but I think it will be in the next couple of novels when that happen. I think it will be another Level 5 awakening soon, maybe Mikoto or one of the other Level 5's before Flamma and Touma power up.
I don't think there would be another awaken Level 5, Kakine and Accelerator are both very unique in the nature of their powers.

Ah yes, we should be looking forward to see if Mikoto would finally get involved with Magic, not in this volume... Hopefully the next assuming the current arc would end in this book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
............... isn't 6 wings or wings a kind of fighter plane? or is it something in to aru verse?
Is it? This is the first time I've heard that Aleister has fighter planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I doubt they will kill last order though, since last order death will mean all the imoutos goes haywire?
Not really, remember that the original plan to stop the virus from spreading to the other sisters was to kill Last Order?
Old 2010-03-06, 11:22   Link #1982
Allexis

It is interesting to me, whether vampires in novels except history with Aisa are mentioned?

Last edited by Allexis; 2010-03-07 at 03:36.
Old 2010-03-06, 15:56   Link #1983
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

6 Wings are the fighter jets made by the AC.
Old 2010-03-06, 16:50   Link #1984
redadonis

I think he meant the bombers (yeah, those are classified as bombers >_>) used in the terra arc, where they used crater blade to cut the tectonic plates (didn't really go that far though).

Don't get why terra didn't just set air>bomber and trashed those things but I guess he wanted to have a stealthy escape, don't know how those things would last against a saint though..... aqua would trash those in seconds that's for sure.

Queen of the Adriatic is much bigger than just a long range bombardment, it's true effect is that it would lay waste to all things that's related to it's target. No matter where or what those things are.... if it's related then it'll be gone, even if it's just a screw or a piece of string.

Again.... france and russia both have nukes, and that's just two countries that's under the influences of UN/RCC. There hasn't been anything from america yet but I'm sure it won't be good news.

Last note on Last Order dying..... it's not impossible though, because crowlly allowed creation of LO because he need accel to "grow" (he needs to be the second hero after all). Won't make much sense other wise seeing how LO is under alot stress when ANGEL and other virus was active and what she can do can also be done by a machine similar to crowlly's. Would have been much easier just to have made a machine instead.... won't be surprised if Full Tune has the same function of LO and is already integrated into crowlly's machine.
Old 2010-03-06, 20:28   Link #1985
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Not really, remember that the original plan to stop the virus from spreading to the other sisters was to kill Last Order?
Oh right, I forgot about that XD. So what exactly is last order's position in misaka network? I thought she was like the controlling tower. Without a controlling tower the network should have gone haywire right? Unless they make one of the imoutos as a new controlling tower that is.
Old 2010-03-06, 20:57   Link #1986
redadonis

Quote:
Oh right, I forgot about that XD. So what exactly is last order's position in misaka network? I thought she was like the controlling tower. Without a controlling tower the network should have gone haywire right? Unless they make one of the imoutos as a new controlling tower that is.
Other imoutos calls her upper being/individual or higher being, so she isn't really something that's crucial in supporting the network. She has more control over the network and can forcefully set new rules to it. Other imouotos can still try to over throw her though, like how they rewrote some lines in FUSE arc and sent all their remaining "will" and calculation ability to hyoka.
Old 2010-03-06, 20:58   Link #1987
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
She's sort of like the Master Control over the Imoutos, in the event that they rebel against the Scientists, or if the Scientists want to overwrite a command... In short, a failsafe system to control the network. But They can still function without her.
Old 2010-03-07, 00:29   Link #1988
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redadonis View Post
Don't get why terra didn't just set air>bomber and trashed those things but I guess he wanted to have a stealthy escape, don't know how those things would last against a saint though..... aqua would trash those in seconds that's for sure.
You speak as if there are so many Saints on RCC's side to take down a full army of 6 Wings. Plus, they don't need to attack those Saints directly, just to intercept important ceremonial ground to prevent startegical magic from being cast. And if they have to defend those facilities, they won't be able ot have as much man power to attack AC directly.

Also, you make it sounds like that France and Russia is obidient to RCC. France is most certainly not, consider it is the Maiden of Versailles that contraols the country. She has no need to help Fianma any further by this point. Plus, Chairssa's fleet is enough to take down France despite the lack of nuke. With Franc eout of picture, the fleet can be used to pin down Germany or maintain pressure on Italy.
Now AC just need to get US to deal with Russia (which isn't entriely obidient to RCC either, RCC and Orthodox's alliance only worsen the country's division).

Most importantly, AC can careless about nuking. The AC's higher up all have anti-nuke shelter ready at hand. To shatter them would take Grimore level spells, which well, not many of them exist as well.

Really, AC has no need pick a fight with the higher ups in the magic side, just need to shatter their long range offence. And when the magic side have no other choice but to engage in close range combat, they lose.

And this is even discounting Crowley using Eiwas's anti-suicidal program....
Old 2010-03-07, 00:50   Link #1989
redadonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
You speak as if there are so many Saints on RCC's side to take down a full army of 6 Wings. Plus, they don't need to attack those Saints directly, just to intercept important ceremonial ground to prevent startegical magic from being cast. And if they have to defend those facilities, they won't be able ot have as much man power to attack AC directly.

Also, you make it sounds like that France and Russia is obidient to RCC. France is most certainly not, consider it is the Maiden of Versailles that contraols the country. She has no need to help Fianma any further by this point. Plus, Chairssa's fleet is enough to take down France despite the lack of nuke. With Franc eout of picture, the fleet can be used to pin down Germany or maintain pressure on Italy.
Now AC just need to get US to deal with Russia (which isn't entriely obidient to RCC either, RCC and Orthodox's alliance only worsen the country's division).

Most importantly, AC can careless about nuking. The AC's higher up all have anti-nuke shelter ready at hand. To shatter them would take Grimore level spells, which well, not many of them exist as well.

Really, AC has no need pick a fight with the higher ups in the magic side, just need to shatter their long range offence. And when the magic side have no other choice but to engage in close range combat, they lose.

And this is even discounting Crowley using Eiwas's anti-suicidal program....
Lol.... don't know why it's such a one sided fight in you head but I think there's just no way to reason with you.

It's still even-even to me, guess you just favor AC more.
Old 2010-03-07, 04:08   Link #1990
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Just finished the remaining of chapter 2 of baka-tsuki's volume 7 translation.

So in the end, Tatemiya Saiji's magic trick was the swinging movements of his sword? Tch, the Amakusa are a tricky bunch of magicians...

It was cool to see both Touma and Stiyl working together to take him down, that double team body slam has got to hurt

P.S - Ooohh.. Vol 13 - chap 8 - part 7 is also out... Interesting, Kihara is trying to scientifically deduce what kind of power is Vent using to take out Academy City's inhabitants.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-03-07 at 04:52.
Old 2010-03-07, 09:22   Link #1991
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Just finished the remaining of chapter 2 of baka-tsuki's volume 7 translation.

So in the end, Tatemiya Saiji's magic trick was the swinging movements of his sword? Tch, the Amakusa are a tricky bunch of magicians...

It was cool to see both Touma and Stiyl working together to take him down, that double team body slam has got to hurt

P.S - Ooohh.. Vol 13 - chap 8 - part 7 is also out... Interesting, Kihara is trying to scientifically deduce what kind of power is Vent using to take out Academy City's inhabitants.
Yeah. Kihara is suspecting of quasi-espers powers which are sniping the city defenses.

Spoiler for project railgun Kanzaki SS:

Translations are welcomed.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-03-07 at 10:09.
Old 2010-03-08, 07:40   Link #1992
tsunade666

translation of vol 7 are sure coming fast.

Ohh Kaori in swimwear. blood .........

btw who's she speaking with?
Old 2010-03-08, 09:12   Link #1993
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
translation of vol 7 are sure coming fast.

Ohh Kaori in swimwear. blood .........

btw who's she speaking with?
I know, I really like this chapter and if (God, I hope they do) make Index S2, this is probably be the first couple of episodes, I cant wait for that.
Old 2010-03-08, 11:07   Link #1994
AlaAlba

hmm, just wondering why no volume 8 in BT, they dont even put the illustrations of the vol.
looking from the cover illustration I think vol 8 is one railgun fans would happy to read.
Old 2010-03-08, 11:10   Link #1995
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Patience is a virtue.
Old 2010-03-08, 11:48   Link #1996
walt

killing LO is Worst plot ever
i can't believe to this!!!!
i hope that's just some cruel speculation
Old 2010-03-08, 11:55   Link #1997
tsunade666

if they kill LO maybe Accel will be force to evolve into level 6. And finally will be able to touch the level of god. ( forgot the concept they use on level 6 in the anime even though I find it cool ) But if I remember it right his power represents that " the one who equates god " I wonder what will level 6 Accel be.

vol 8 is centered in kuroko and the judgment so railgun fans will like it ( not me )

Btw

they add another one.... WOOT! the excitement is killing me. I read the raws but its hard to understand each conversation I can only understand on what's happen but not the emotions and detailed attack. I can't wait for me specially that ursula had been taken again.
Old 2010-03-08, 12:36   Link #1998
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt View Post
killing LO is Worst plot ever
i can't believe to this!!!!
i hope that's just some cruel speculation
Well, killing characters tends to weak the plot a lot, IMO. It would make a interesting twitst but i doubt if that'll happen. If Accelerator reaches the lvl 6 AND LO dies, he'll likely become a mad with Power.

Killing LO would be like killing the human part of Accelerator
Old 2010-03-08, 13:06   Link #1999
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Accelerator was best inhuman.

I wouldn't say that killing characters weaken the plot - it's how you kill them, and the resulting consequences they effect on other characters and the plot.

and wow we're on the 100th page already. just 4 months ago we were still on the 30th!
Old 2010-03-08, 14:08   Link #2000
AlaAlba

yeah 100 pages and it's really hard to search on certain volumes' discussion.

maybe mods can make this thread to have sub threads for each volumes?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen