AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-03-16, 02:17   Link #5521
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
After reading a guide on how to deal with the road to a Level 30 Summoner, I set up a couple of bot games to familiarize myself with the free champs. (It's also an uneven matchup at 4v3 as the guide suggested.)

First game as Ashe, I actually lost because the enemy Xin Zhao bot tore through my allies easily, and the deadlock I managed to force mid-game was countered by Xin bot's advance through bot.

Second game as boots-on-head Nami, and it was much fun. According to some guides, support roles don't usually last hit to allow the companion to get more money, and since the champ comp consists of Karthus, Morgana and an idiot Trist on my side against Amumu, Cho'gath and Kog'Maw, I often switched lanes to help out the other lanes. I eventually chose Morgana over all the others, and I watched as Morgana snowballs with the help of my CC.

It is nice that AIs can use non-free heroes. At least I can watch how those champs fight (or revisit those who may have been remade since last time).
Next stop is Shyvana, I guess.
Like Mach said, play some of them bot games. They are very different from normal games, as in, super-predictable, but at least bots got the basics down better than some players, meaning they build balanced, trade well in lanes and occasionally roam for ganks. Don't try to jungle before LV30 but see which of the remaining roles you like best and read up on the roster involved (i.e. if you like supports, learn about supports and AD carries). helpful stuff
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 02:41   Link #5522
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
After reading a guide on how to deal with the road to a Level 30 Summoner, I set up a couple of bot games to familiarize myself with the free champs. (It's also an uneven matchup at 4v3 as the guide suggested.)

First game as Ashe, I actually lost because the enemy Xin Zhao bot tore through my allies easily, and the deadlock I managed to force mid-game was countered by Xin bot's advance through bot.

Second game as boots-on-head Nami, and it was much fun. According to some guides, support roles don't usually last hit to allow the companion to get more money, and since the champ comp consists of Karthus, Morgana and an idiot Trist on my side against Amumu, Cho'gath and Kog'Maw, I often switched lanes to help out the other lanes. I eventually chose Morgana over all the others, and I watched as Morgana snowballs with the help of my CC.

It is nice that AIs can use non-free heroes. At least I can watch how those champs fight (or revisit those who may have been remade since last time).
Next stop is Shyvana, I guess.
If you want, you can party with me and I can go over the basic stuffs you need. I am in a bit of slump so I too want to do some basic training to get back to my usual standard.

IG Summoner: Vvv3 Hin0w1 if you're interested.
Old 2015-03-16, 03:45   Link #5523
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm playing in Garena, by the way, but the fact that the website endorsed there has a Philippines domain confuses me about the regional coverage of the Garena server. So... not sure if I can add anyone right now.

EDIT: Okay, I'm on LoL PH, so that may be a problem for those who wants to party up with me.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 05:31   Link #5524
IceHism

Quote:
I'm playing in Garena, by the way, but the fact that the website endorsed there has a Philippines domain confuses me about the regional coverage of the Garena server. So... not sure if I can add anyone right now.

EDIT: Okay, I'm on LoL PH, so that may be a problem for those who wants to party up with me.
Are all the SEA servers fragmented and not able to play with other countries from SEA? That's not very good since that means the talent pool is really small and you might pick up bad habits.
If the ping is OK, you might do better playing on NA or Oceania.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 07:42   Link #5525
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Actually, my first experience of LoL was in NA, before the release of the SEA servers. When Garena did make the SEA server, NA enforced a mass migration of all SEA-based accounts, so I winded up in one of the most toxic regional communities for MOBAs. (And that was one big reason why I ragequit from the game once.) Apparently, Garena service isn't lovely either and the Tribunal doesn't exist in SEA.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2015-03-16, 08:51   Link #5526
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I gonna make account on the PH server then, ping may suck but I think my skill can compensated it.
Old 2015-03-16, 09:53   Link #5527
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Not rejecting your kind gesture, but are you sure you're willing to dive deep into SEA's toxic community for my sake?

Old 2015-03-16, 10:24   Link #5528
Kafriel
Senior Guest

MOBA communities are toxic by default, don't worry. LoL is actually better than elsewhere...I still remember getting flamed just for being a new player in a game with a stupid 1v1 tutorial and no practice mode. Thank god Riot added the /mute command.
Old 2015-03-16, 11:15   Link #5529
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

I'm pretty lucky when it comes to avoiding flames. All a matter of mindset so you can't get bogged down.

But SEA is hell, regardless, thank god I'm not there. Good luck with that! XD

I can help teach but I'm in NA, so sorryyyy ;-;
Old 2015-03-16, 12:30   Link #5530
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Not rejecting your kind gesture, but are you sure you're willing to dive deep into SEA's toxic community for my sake?
I take abuses all the time for being fed and not able to carry(a fed Katarina ain't gonna do shit against a fed team full of perm-cc), it fine. Plus League is one of my favorite all time pc game, helping another player so they can get fun out of the game will be my pleasure.

nvm, your version IP ban all region outside of Philippine. Unless you have a NA account or another SEA region it no good.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2015-03-16 at 12:47.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 18:39   Link #5531
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Welp. I guess I could just play with bots all day everyday. I actually prefer it this way, though. I still have to keep DN my main game, and all this stuff needed to actually get good isn't a good investment after thinking about it some.

Old 2015-03-16, 18:42   Link #5532
IceHism

Quote:
Actually, my first experience of LoL was in NA, before the release of the SEA servers. When Garena did make the SEA server, NA enforced a mass migration of all SEA-based accounts, so I winded up in one of the most toxic regional communities for MOBAs. (And that was one big reason why I ragequit from the game once.) Apparently, Garena service isn't lovely either and the Tribunal doesn't exist in SEA.
If you're only level 3, just make a new account on NA lol. No need to make yourself suffer even more.

I'm pretty much immune to other people raging at me. It's not hard to learn. You just gotta realize that you're wasting time by entertaining their insults.
Though i've played competitive esport games since i was very young so my case might be different than the normal player.
Old 2015-03-16, 19:38   Link #5533
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
If you're only level 3, just make a new account on NA lol. No need to make yourself suffer even more.
I don't think there's a legit way for that.

Old 2015-03-17, 02:05   Link #5534
Kafriel
Senior Guest

You can kick back and just enjoy the game in co-op. As long as it's fun for you, it will have fulfilled its purpose as a game...but if you ever wish to hit PvP, 5 normal games are all you'll need as warm-up to solo Q. Actually, in LV30, you don't get many weirdos, but there will be leavers...and it's kinda bad when you're playing ranked games and just get a 4v5 forced on you.
Old 2015-03-17, 02:50   Link #5535
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for Katarina cosplay:
Old 2015-03-17, 05:31   Link #5536
Kafriel
Senior Guest

LOLshop but whatever works, I guess.

Played Cass after her remake, WTF is up with that passive!? It stacks up nicely in the laning phase but skyrockets at dragon TFs and jungle ganks...with RoA, sorc shoes, the 3 major AP items and an abyssal scepter she is truly OP - just needs some mana handling because I don't use arc staff in this particular build, but still has the following at end-game:

- 2.5k HP
- 2k mana
- 1k AP (at full passive and a dragon taken, w/o sorcery buff)
- 400 MS
- 140 AR
- 100 MR

So, how do you fight a snowballed Cass if her team's got vision control?
Old 2015-03-17, 09:09   Link #5537
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Gank her before she snowballs duh.

On a more serious note, first you need to clear vision so you can at least safely exit the base. On professional level you'd need to check every single brush but you should be fine as long as you don't split off. As for Cass herself, use guaranteed point-and-click engage (Vi, Maokai) or flank the backline (Hecarim). Nobody plays him anymore but Malphite engage is underrated.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 12:24   Link #5538
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
LOLshop but whatever works, I guess.

Played Cass after her remake, WTF is up with that passive!? It stacks up nicely in the laning phase but skyrockets at dragon TFs and jungle ganks...with RoA, sorc shoes, the 3 major AP items and an abyssal scepter she is truly OP - just needs some mana handling because I don't use arc staff in this particular build, but still has the following at end-game:

- 2.5k HP
- 2k mana
- 1k AP (at full passive and a dragon taken, w/o sorcery buff)
- 400 MS
- 140 AR
- 100 MR

So, how do you fight a snowballed Cass if her team's got vision control?
Any champ would smash you if they snowballed(meaning that they got ahead of you at a time they theoretically shouldn't through superior play) and their team got vision control.

If you don't have any champs with decent items on your side, then you're going to lose.

My suggestion would be to take out their vision and then prepare a gank. Splitpushing would also be good if their team is just meant for teamfighting.
Old 2015-03-18, 12:31   Link #5539
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Thanks for the input guys!
Quote:
If you don't have any champs with decent items on your side, then you're going to lose.
Surrender finally makes sense :P
Old 2015-03-18, 17:06   Link #5540
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Thanks for the input guys!

Surrender finally makes sense :P
Don't hate the surrender button. There's only so many leads that are realistic to come back from. Better to just start a new game and this includes for ranked games as well

of course, this implies that the opponent team outclasses yours at all aspects of the game

Tags
league of legends, lol