AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-08, 22:47   Link #921
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

I heard that season 2 would be released sometime in 2011. Besides, only vol.1 of the DVD versions has been released so far. Though given that season one finished on the same month as season 2 did, it probably would get released in March.

@charlesccg: Yes, I've heard of that game. It looks very interesting enough for me to play.
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 18:01   Link #922
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jof12788 View Post
I heard that season 2 would be released sometime in 2011. Besides, only vol.1 of the DVD versions has been released so far. Though given that season one finished on the same month as season 2 did, it probably would get released in March.

@charlesccg: Yes, I've heard of that game. It looks very interesting enough for me to play.
I just assumed march 2011 for u.s. since season 1 was released in march in u.s. in 2010.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 20:36   Link #923
charlesccg
Strike Witches Researcher

Location: CURRENTLY WAITTING TO BE ASSIGNED BY GENENRAL ADOLFINE GALLAND (Philippines)
CHARLES CONRAD A. GODINEZ AGAIN WITH GOOD LUCK AT HIS SIDE!

CHARLES:Those Anybody Have an Earlier Uncensored Version of Strike Witches 2 rather than me?
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...RASSbyEila.jpg
POOR LYNETTE, GETTING HARASS BY EILA!
Maybe I should Edit it again and Put a Censorship on the pic.
I hope I can use Spoilers now.
Quote:
PLEASE READ.
From now on, I'll accept any request for witch character data.
I can give information about any witch (Well Almost)
But there are some Witches that are lack in data (Some are not available)
My Research are not complete yet. But I can give Information about any witch you Request. (NOT ALL)
The First one that can send me a message is the first.
Quote:
I can tell that.... There are 6 seasons of Strike Witches
I am almost like Eila!!!
But, I only can see a picture of the future while I sleep rather than Fortune telling. LOL

Last edited by charlesccg; 2010-10-09 at 21:23. Reason: PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!
charlesccg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 23:52   Link #924
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

"Radar" Witches threesome or something..

Spoiler:

I still like the one at the center... ^
Old 2010-10-11, 03:02   Link #925
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

I loved this series. Is there any news for one more season? oh and I hope Sakamoto would still be around
Old 2010-10-12, 01:42   Link #926
charlesccg

Location: CURRENTLY WAITTING TO BE ASSIGNED BY GENENRAL ADOLFINE GALLAND (Philippines)
Watashi ni Dekiru Koto!!! The Things that I want to do!

Quote:
PLEASE READ.
From now on, I'll accept any request for witch character data.
I can give information about any witch (Well Almost)
But there are some Witches that are LACK in data (Some are not available)
My Research are not complete yet. But I can give Information about any witch you Request. (NOT ALL)
The First one that can send me a message is the first one I'll give information to Him/Her.

Last edited by charlesccg; 2010-10-12 at 01:55. Reason: The things that I can do!
Old 2010-10-13, 12:00   Link #927
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's a curios question. I know that most of the countries in SW are fictional version of ours but what do we call the people who live in those countries?

If you don't know what i'm saying here's a simple explanation: If a man lives in Germany, we call him a German. But what do you call someone who lives in Karlsland?

Get it now? I trying to find the correct term to call someone who live in those countries which includes:

SW Nation = Real Life Equivalent
Britannia = Britain
Faraway Land = Canada
Fuso = Japan
Gallia = France
Hispania = Spain
Karlsland = Germany
Liberion = USA
Orussia = Russia
Ostmark = Austria
Romagna = South Italy
Suomus = Finland
Venezia = North Italy
Baltland = Norway and Sweden

I hope anyone can help.
Old 2010-10-13, 19:37   Link #928
charlesccg

Quote:
@MrTerrorist He is right.
Oh. a cool Witch Named Miles
Miles

Birthday: ??
Familar: ??
Striker Model:Matilda II
Unit:4th Armoured Brigade, Britannian Royal Army

Info
She is based on Major C.G. Miles of C Squadron, 4th Armoured Brigade who was killed leading the initial attack on the Halfaya Pass during Operation Battle Axe, 15 June 1941.

He was leading his squadron of 13 tanks, (12 Matildas and a light tank) and all but 2 tanks (A Matilda and the light tank) were knocked out/destroyed within hours after the beginning of the battle. His final message was "They are tearing my tanks to bits!"

Background
A Britannian Witch who use a land-based striker unit and deployed in North Africa. She is the commanding officer of "C" Squadron, 4th Armoured Brigade and uses a Matilda II striker unit.

She appeared in the firstspear doujinshi along with her 11 Witch members of "C" Squadron.

Weapon.
She is depicted wielding a 2 pounder gun, a 40mm anti-tank cannon, in the doujinshi.

Strike Unit
Her striker unit is based on the Matilda II Infantry tank and was known for greatly amplifying shield strength.

The Matilda II Infantry tank was known as the "Queen of the Desert" due to its ponderous armour and enjoyed dominance in the North African battlefield until the apperance of the Afrika Korps and the 88mm Flak.

Appearances
* Witch in Africa
* Tiger in Desert
* The Witches Of The Sphinx

Character Data #34 By Charles Conrad A. Godinez

Last edited by charlesccg; 2010-10-13 at 22:15. Reason: Well I like her to be post. And I put out all the details of her!
Old 2010-10-13, 20:10   Link #929
Lynx190
Keine is moo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Personally, I'm fine with the story about the 501st being over. Now, I'd really like to see an anime about other teams, especially about the Africa one, since I'd like to see more of Marseille. I think she'd make an amazing MC. Or, if the MC has definitely got to be a Fuso Witch, then I'd like someone other than Yoshika and Sakamoto.
Yeah, after season 1, I was afraid that season 2 would be filled with new characters and we'd barely see the old ones, but after season 2 I now WANT to see a new cast. Or actually I'd like to see some overlap of old and new, but that's unlikely to actually happen since fans would be all upset that their favorite character was one of the ones left out; a completely new cast would be more likely. I really don't want to see a Season 3 starting with Yoshika miraculously regaining her magic, that would be so cheesy, although that would make it fit right in with the disappointing end of S2.

Speaking of disappointment, I was highly disappointed when Galland never showed up despite being mentioned. So for a new season here's the cast of eleven I'd personally like to see regardless how unlikely (I'm going to assume fighting in Karlsland and it will thus be heavy on Karlslanders):

Galland in command, forming a new elite unit as the real Galland did with JV-44 (except probably not exclusively using jet strikers)

Barkhorn 2nd-in-command

Helma Lennartz (basically replacing Perrine: being secretly in love with the XO, not really paired with anyone else, albeit more generally likeable than Perrine)

Erica and Ursula - Galland's historical involvement with aircraft testing fits well with Ursula's researching; historically, Hartmann declined Galland's invitation, but here Erica would presumably go along with everyone else

Two Fuso witches, not sure who since there's so many... possibly an original one to use as the new protagonist + one loner to be her friend (i.e. Lynne), otherwise a pair that already go together.

Two JG26 members - Karlsland needs more representatives of the Western Front pilots instead of just the ones at the top of the kills list from fighting inferior Soviet opponents. I'm thinking let's have a Josephine Priller, and one other who could maybe be the protagonist if it doesn't have to be a Fuso witch (who it should be depends on whether they're the protagonist or not, the protag should probably be inexperienced like Yoshika).

That leaves two slots, which I think would be best filled by Shirley and Lucchini: the real Yeager's test piloting fits with Galland/Lennartz/Ursula, the presence of Trude means you have to have Shirley anyway for the rivalry/love, and Lucchini comes with her automatically (and her absence would probably draw some of the most fan anger)

(if there's no Yoshika or Mio, I think you really can't have Minna, Lynne, or Perrine since their relationships are so important to the character. Also it just wouldn't seem right to have Minna as a subordinate. As for Sanya and Eila, sorry, I just find them boring and unnecessary to bring back. Sanya should be in a nightfighter unit anyway instead of always being asleep when everyone else is operating.)

After coming up with this list though, I thought about something, checked the wikia and realized a problem: Galland is 23 years old in 1944, definitely beyond combat age (that's probably why she wears pants, not that being non-combat prevents nurses and whoever else from going pants-less). So maybe Minna has to return to command in the field, but I still want to see Galland!
Lynx190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 20:50   Link #930
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I trying to find the correct term to call someone who live in those countries:
Britannia = Briton
Faraway Land = Farlander
Fuso = Fusojin
Gallia = Gallien
Hispania = Hispano
Karlsland = Karlsmann
Liberion = Libertian
Orussia = Orusski
Ostmark = Ostmarker
Romagna = Romagnano
Suomus = Suomalainen
Venezia = Veneziano
Baltland = Balt
Old 2010-10-13, 22:06   Link #931
charlesccg

Hmm Talking about new characters for season 3....
Well I like to have Wilma Bishop in the group.
Wilma Bishop

Date of Birth: May 20th
Affiliation: Britannian Commonwealth Royal Farawayland Air Force 416 Squadron
Striker Unit model:Spitfire Mk.II (based on the Supermarine Spitfire Mk.II)

Info
Wilma is the eldest sister in the Bishop family. Similar to her sister, Lynette, she also gains the ears and tail of a Scottish Fold when wearing her Striker Unit. While Lynette gains straight ears, she gains folding ears. She showed her talent of a witch in her childhood. However, she entered the Flight Academy in Faraway Land, the new continent, instead of Britannia, her home country. Her rank was Sergeant and her affiliation was the Britannian Commonwealth Royal Farawayland Air Force 416 Squadron. According to the Illustration Column, she took down a Reconnaissance type Neuroi with her teammate above The Strait of Dover in 1941. She is also a colleague of Elizabeth F. Beurling in the novel series "Suomus Misfit Squad".

In contrast to her sister, Lynette, she is very active. She is interested in mature men such that after her retirement at 20 years old she married a Faraway Land commissioned officer who is 30 years older than her, surprising everyone.

Model
Her Striker Unit is based on the Supermarine Spitfire Mk II. Similar to Lynette, her pilot archetype is unclear. However, she is likely based on Billy Bishop's son, Arthur, as Billy Bishop is the pilot archetype for her mother Minnie Bishop.

Apppearances
The Sky That Connects Us, chapter 1

Character Data #33 By Charles Conrad A. Godinez
(HOW BOUT LYNETTES MOTHER INFO?)

Last edited by charlesccg; 2010-10-13 at 22:21. Reason: Character for season 3.
Old 2010-10-13, 22:55   Link #932
Jof12788
Disabled By Request

Ugh. I'm still suffering from post SW2 syndrome after all this time. I decided to lurk around this thread a bit and spotted this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post

I just have a curious question to everyone.
What are the reasons you watch Strike Witches?
Personally I am not one who focuses primarily on the moe/fanservice aspects and nothing more. The same is said with the military/technical aspects as well. To me, these two elements are what made season 1 stand out from other series that try to follow the same format. I loved the characters, the setting, the plot, the fanservice, the military aspects, etc. With season 2, I hoped that they would expand more on the elements that made season 1 great. Instead what I got was a mixed bag. While there were moments that I really enjoyed from season 2, watching it get watered down to something it shouldn't be is just very depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx190
Yeah, after season 1, I was afraid that season 2 would be filled with new characters and we'd barely see the old ones, but after season 2 I now WANT to see a new cast. Or actually I'd like to see some overlap of old and new, but that's unlikely to actually happen since fans would be all upset that their favorite character was one of the ones left out; a completely new cast would be more likely. I really don't want to see a Season 3 starting with Yoshika miraculously regaining her magic, that would be so cheesy, although that would make it fit right in with the disappointing end of S2.
I personally wanted the newer characters to get more screen time rather than being played off as cameos. While I didn't mind some of the characters from season 1 coming back (I was more than content to see Lynnette return), this show would've done better without Lucchini. Sorry for saying this, but, while I did tolerate her in season 1, her character was overplayed and had too much screen time in season 2.
Jof12788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 00:35   Link #933
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

It seems to me that for Season 2 they really tried to focus on what most of their fans wanted. And they did a great job of doing that. So we got more pantsu, more girl hugs and kisses, more goofy humor stories, and more Lucchini. This at the expense of plot, depth, and "realism".
Old 2010-10-14, 01:15   Link #934
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Britannia = Briton
Faraway Land = Farlander
Fuso = Fusojin
Gallia = Gallien
Hispania = Hispano
Karlsland = Karlsmann
Liberion = Libertian
Orussia = Orusski
Ostmark = Ostmarker
Romagna = Romagnano
Suomus = Suomalainen
Venezia = Veneziano
Baltland = Balt
Is that the official names or your own creation? Anyway, thanks for the help.
Old 2010-10-14, 01:58   Link #935
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

There are no "official names" for this kind of thing even in the real world, much less in this made-up world. And opinions vary widely. Did you know that there are Spanish people who are offended by the use of the word "Spaniard"?

These are all really solid based on actual usage by native speakers, except the American one, which really has no precedent.

e.g. Is it Liberion or the United States of Liberion?
Old 2010-10-14, 12:45   Link #936
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jof12788 View Post
With season 2, I hoped that they would expand more on the elements that made season 1 great. Instead what I got was a mixed bag. While there were moments that I really enjoyed from season 2, watching it get watered down to something it shouldn't be is just very depressing.
Pretty much...

Quote:
It seems to me that for Season 2 they really tried to focus on what most of their fans wanted. And they did a great job of doing that. So we got more pantsu, more girl hugs and kisses, more goofy humor stories, and more Lucchini. This at the expense of plot, depth, and "realism".
Well, I have painfully accepted the fact that this franchise objectives are those..
but hey, when the core character designs involve girls wearing underwear in broad daylight, it's expected be about fanservice anyway..

I wish they all wore skirts instead...

Mecha Shoujo themes doesn't really require girls to be in their underwear... :P

Quote:

e.g. Is it Liberion or the United States of Liberion?
I don't know if the novel translations are correct but I think it's called United States of Liberion.
Old 2010-10-14, 12:48   Link #937
mikoo
Banned

Spoiler for Minna's ass:
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 20:07   Link #938
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Hey, that really DOES look like Minna's ass! Although not particularly a Minna fan, I have to admit that she always had the finest ass of them all. Any time there was a shot of those purple pantsu stretched across that magnificent expanse, I had to pause and review it a few times.

And it even won an award! It's an award winning ass!

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-10-15 at 05:29.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 17:11   Link #939
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Britannia = Briton
Faraway Land = Farlander
Fuso = Fusojin
Gallia = Gallien
Hispania = Hispano
Karlsland = Karlsmann
Liberion = Libertian
Orussia = Orusski
Ostmark = Ostmarker
Romagna = Romagnolo
Suomus = Suomalainen
Venezia = Veneziano
Baltland = Balt
Fixed, "romagnano" make no sense at all.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 00:50   Link #940
charlesccg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights
Britannia = Briton
Faraway Land = Farlander
Fuso = Fusojin
Gallia = Gallien
Hispania = Hispano
Karlsland = Karlsmann
Liberion = Libertian
Orussia = Orusski
Ostmark = Ostmarker
Romagna = Romagnolo
Suomus = Suomalainen
Venezia = Veneziano
Baltland = Balt
Fixed, "romagnano" make no sense at all. -Comment By Me: I agree!
Quote:
For Strike Witches Season 3... In the future 2012?... maybe there might be a few changes like

"Sakamoto comes to Yoshika's house to tell her Lynne and Perrine are on their way to Fuso for a visit.
Michiko Yamakawa A.K.A. Micchan doesn't want to disturb their conversation so she goes out and talks to Sakamoto's chauffeur about boats, boats, boats and... more boats.
Except for the part where Michiko Yamakawa A.K.A. Micchan says she wants to join the army to help Yoshika, but is reluctant to becoming her subordinate because then she'd have to address her as ”Miyafuji-san” instead of ”Yoshika-chan”. Fuck this!

-Comment By Me: Why didn't you just join earlier at the first episode in the second season Micchan."
-Another Comment By Me: How can help now Yoshika? She doesn't have anymore Magic power. But, she just exhausted her Magic power right? Then theres a chance that Yoshika will get her magic back!
But, it might take long. More like 2-3 Years?
Quote:
And a sudden APPEARANCE of Miyafuji Ichiro as well known as Dr. Miyafuji or Yoshika's Father at the last scene in Strike Witches 2 last episode.

-Comment By Me: Are you really DEAD. Then Why are you still sending letters,
You Damn Look-A-Like Aizen Taichou from Bleach!
-Another Comment By Me: Damn he looks like Aizen Taichou from Bleach.
Quote:
Oh Freaking Great?! Yet, She is so CUTE!

Last edited by charlesccg; 2010-10-17 at 22:07. Reason: Hmm.... Aw Great.

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume