AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2007-12-18, 01:22   Link #601
mystic210

Send a message via MSN to mystic210
I hope KyoAni announces a fourth season the ending to TSR just did not really feel like a ending to me there is just so many unanswered questions
mystic210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 04:34   Link #602
Meatrose
Antihero

Yeah, I'm really interested in what they're going to do after H2. It would be a bit too early for Little Busters imo, so who knows... perhaps the next announcement will be FMP-related. I'm not getting my hopes up though.
Old 2007-12-18, 05:27   Link #603
Theman

There will be next FMP animation series just like there will be another James Bonds movie. It's just a question of when (it will air) and what (will be in it).

I hope KyoAni will be the studio, but based on what I have heard, that's not a certainty unless a deal is already in place between KyoAni and Kadokawa (the publisher).

Last edited by Theman; 2007-12-18 at 16:22.
Theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 07:54   Link #604
Westlo
Lets be reality

Considering how the author of FMP has not only praised KyoAni but has actually worked with them by doing stuff, like writing Lucky Star episodes 5, 12 and 22 I'll be seriously shocked if any other studio does an FMP.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 01:41   Link #605
Eak
One angry cloud.

I guess it would be safe to assume that Kyo Ani is working on the second season of Haruhi rather than the next FMP!... but then again I could be wrong.. I am a bit out of loop with the news.
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 01:52   Link #606
Theman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
I guess it would be safe to assume that Kyo Ani is working on the second season of Haruhi rather than the next FMP!... but then again I could be wrong.. I am a bit out of loop with the news.
They most definitely are.

http://www.haruhi.tv/yuki_pic.html
http://www.haruhi.tv/
Old 2007-12-19, 02:00   Link #607
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
Well, Haruhi 2 was announced a long time ago, though I don't know just how "official" it was back then. This was a bit more recent: Click!

I would be very surprised if KyoAni decided not to animate Key's Little Busters. As a matter of fact, I recall hearing some unofficial rumor about them securing the rights to do LB via some spoken agreement. I might be way off though, so do not take that last thing for granted. Personally I actually think that there's a slight chance of seeing an FMP-related announcement following Haruhi 2.

Last edited by Meatrose; 2007-12-19 at 02:44. Reason: Added an n ^_^
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 02:35   Link #608
Westlo
Lets be reality

KyoAni expressed an interest in one day doing Little Busters, I'm sure (or at least hope) that FMP is after Haruhi 2.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 22:21   Link #609
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
KyoAni expressed an interest in one day doing Little Busters, I'm sure (or at least hope) that FMP is after Haruhi 2.
I doubt it. KyoAni usually announces their series quite ahead of time, so that a series they had announced earlier is finished first. We saw this with Clannad, as that was announced after Kanon finished airing, but Lucky Star ran its course before Clannad started began.

IMO, If another FMP were to come after Haruhi 2, I think the announcement would have been made already.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 23:52   Link #610
Meatrose
Antihero

I don't agree. Something is going to air after Haruhi 2, and they haven't made any announcements concerning the matter. It might as well be FMP as it might be anything else. And... look at the announcement for Clannad. It was announced right after the final episode of Kanon. Lucky Star aired after that, only to be relieved from its duties by Clannad. Should a new FMP-season be announced, it would most probably be announced after the final episode of Clannad. I'd say that there is a slight chance of this happening, since I somehow feel that it is too soon for Little Busters to air after Haruhi 2.

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see after all. It's going to be really interesting to hear about KyoAni's next announcement.

Btw... is there anyone here who don't expect H2 to be 1C?
Old 2007-12-22, 10:19   Link #611
drwyrm

The January issue of Dragon Magazine says on the cover that the new season of Full Metal Panic will start airing in January of '08.
drwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 10:28   Link #612
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwyrm View Post
The January issue of Dragon Magazine says on the cover that the new season of Full Metal Panic will start airing in January of '08.
Uhmm... I guess "w00t" is the word best suited to describe my current facial expression. You wouldn't happen to have a scan available?
Old 2007-12-22, 14:26   Link #613
Theman

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwyrm View Post
From what I remember, it is a rerun of first season. They intentionally worded it a "first time release" because it was the first time FMP on over-the-air channel, sort of like the "first time on network TV" slogan in US.

Correct me if I were wrong since I can't remember which blog I saw this news
Old 2007-12-23, 18:08   Link #614
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

so the first season will be playing again? i thought it was already played.. unless they mean in america (adult swim seriously needs something like this)

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 02:05   Link #615
masterwok

is it a little late to air fmp on US tv. they already have 3 series out that are already dubbed and i figured they would air something that is just coming out from japan.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 04:01   Link #616
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
Need scan for that, pray to god its a new series, but wouldn't be surprised over mis translation over first season being aired

Still judging by Gatohs relationship with Kyotoani, I wouldn't be surprised though, but you think that Kyotoani would of announced before now if its airing next month.
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 04:05   Link #617
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysinello View Post
Need scan for that, pray to god its a new series, but wouldn't be surprised over mis translation over first season being aired

Still judging by Gatohs relationship with Kyotoani, I wouldn't be surprised though, but you think that Kyotoani would of announced before now if its airing next month.
Unless KyoAni gave over the reins of FMP to another production company, which is all too possible.

I'm still sceptical that there's going to be a new series so soon and without any advertising at all. I think it's all a load of bull...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 04:06   Link #618
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

After I saw The TSR...I Need More Ep About Sousuke Past....
Old 2007-12-29, 19:07   Link #619
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Unless KyoAni gave over the reins of FMP to another production company, which is all too possible.

I'm still sceptical that there's going to be a new series so soon and without any advertising at all. I think it's all a load of bull...
Yeah, its most likely a mistranslation. Still doesn't hurt to hope(till it isn't played and you get all ripped up inside that is).
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 13:42   Link #620
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
what if it is some surprise party for new FMP XD!!!!! if it was a new series of FMP there would be much more publicity on local websites, blah blah blah not just on one magazine. there would be no promotion of the series if it was just one a magazine cover, so this is not a new fmp, like whoever said it before it is just first season being aired in US.
Sobresaliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!