AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 65 64.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 23.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-08, 21:24   Link #121
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

This week on K-ON!!
- KyoAni blows the rest of the season's animation budget on the new OP, HTT fans outraged!
- Many HTT fans find the new ED to be awesome. Pitchfork and torch bearing mob in front of KyoAni HQ called off at last minute!
- Mugi tries to explore her masochistic side!
- Yui has deep philosophical conversation with Nodoka about strawberries and cake!

There was a new ED and OP this week on K-ON!! but I already reviewed those. The episode itself was fun. Much of it was Mugi being treated to what regular jack-offs do for fun, while complaining that she gets left out of all the kinky beatings administered by Mio, who is secretly a dominatrix weeknights at the Pussycat Club (the internet fan-art probably already has this covered.) Ritsu agrees to help Mugi experience the steamier side of life . . . only to have it backfire hilariously on her. In other news, we learn Yui is only going to college . . . because it's too late for her to do anything else. Cue collective facepalm. She also has this thing about strawberries and cake. To the extent that she will point out the tears of one of her best friends just to win an argument about it. Mistress Mio is gonna want to have a word with you later, Yui. In private. On that note, watching Mio's strawberry get WTFPWNED by Mugi was entirely too hilarious and boosts this episode's rating a whole two points by itself.

Nine therapy sessions about Mio's childhood out of ten.
Old 2010-07-08, 21:36   Link #122
rikolero

I bet this formation is no coincidence. Very clever.
Old 2010-07-08, 22:22   Link #123
Friday
Im shy too...

Mugi......exsploring her darker side and loving it!!!!
Old 2010-07-08, 23:49   Link #124
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

When Mio froze with her smile and cry uncontrollably, I feel kinda bad to find that moment hilarious.... Mio's a good example of a super childish personality residing within a physically mature body.

Mugi is a big win in this episode. The original material of the anime is good, but it's a pity that the final screen did not have the same feeling. In the 4-koma, Mugi talked about how great Ritsu is in the end of their date, looking all dreamy and smiling. So giving what she said, it did feel like a love confession there. Then later on , Ritsu was bragging about how funny and cute Mugi was, that's probably when Mio got her jealousy up and cry out how Ritsu should had invited her.

Ro-mio gonna strike back. I surely want to see that
Old 2010-07-09, 00:20   Link #125
GreatTeacherKen

This is my favorite episode of the show so far because I learned an important life lesson watching it:

Don't steal strawberries from a girl's cake!

I also liked the blink and you'll miss it Rose of Versailles reference during the photo taking scene, specifically when they made their eyes resemble the ones seen in that anime/manga; "Oscar!"

Last edited by GreatTeacherKen; 2010-07-09 at 02:24.
Old 2010-07-09, 02:11   Link #126
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
what's messed up is mugi already had two slices but she goes on to snatch mio's strawberry and then turns to see her reaction.
The fact that she had two slices kinda evened it out i reckon. There's always the extra slice that she could've given back to Mio. But from an outside perspective yea that was pretty messed up, and nothing short of greedy on Mugi's part (as if she doesn't have enough already! ). But it made for some great comedic humour so I'm not complaining

EDIT: BTW anyone wanna try explaining the significance of rikolero's pic to me? I'm not quite sure what it's suppose to be giving a nods up to if anything at all (Does this make me a bad fan now? lol )

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2010-07-09, 02:23   Link #127
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
EDIT: BTW anyone wanna try explaining the significance of rikolero's pic to me? I'm not quite sure what it's suppose to be giving a nods up to if anything at all (Does this make me a bad fan now? lol )
It's been brought up a few times before. If you read from right to left, the first letters of the girls' last names form the word THANK.

And don't worry, I often don't see this kinda stuff either.
Old 2010-07-09, 02:45   Link #128
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
It's been brought up a few times before. If you read from right to left, the first letters of the girls' last names form the word THANK.

And don't worry, I often don't see this kinda stuff either.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=757

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Someone from some Asian forum pointed out:

Title of ED,
"NO,
Tainaka
Hirasawa
Akiyama
Nakano
Kotobuki
YOU"

Coincidence?

LOL sorry that was hurried. don't like looking for another source.
Old 2010-07-09, 02:56   Link #129
brocko

Haha damn that's pretty neat actually!!

Thanks for the pointer there Lord of Fire and itzglez

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2010-07-09, 03:35   Link #130
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
One of my many favorite scenes from this episode is how Ritsu was getting off at picking on Mio because she wore her school uniform for cram school. I laughed my head off at that scene.
Old 2010-07-09, 04:21   Link #131
klare

the new ED looks and sounds nice

for the story, i feel need some new elements to keep it going, maybe a tournament, new members, or something like the eps about Sawa-chan

maybe there will be another eps of Mugi trying to hug her members
Old 2010-07-09, 04:33   Link #132
Setsuna.F.Seiei
Gundam Meister

really, Yui's is the type I like!!! And Mugi...so kawaii~~~2nd time i watched, the new OP and ED really have their root in my head!!!
Old 2010-07-09, 09:27   Link #133
Peanutbutter

This is about as Mugi-centric as possible.

I found Mio and her room scene at the start rather disproportional. Her ceiling seems too low, her items looked shrunk and she has big thighs there.

Was it just me?
Old 2010-07-09, 10:34   Link #134
Jimmy C

Who was it that Mugi cancelled her shopping date with, I wonder? All I can say for sure is that it isn't family, because she referred to herself as "kotobuki" over the phone.
Old 2010-07-09, 10:37   Link #135
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
I also liked the blink and you'll miss it Rose of Versailles reference during the photo taking scene, specifically when they made their eyes resemble the ones seen in that anime/manga; "Oscar!"
Oh yes, that was fantastic.

I thought the new OP was better than the last one, and like a few other posters the ED also reminded me a little of Manabi Straight, at least at the start. Must be the spray cans.
I do miss Listen's groovy hammond organ sound, though.

Mugi tops from the bottom. We have proof.
Old 2010-07-09, 10:50   Link #136
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
The new Op is by far the weakest. But the new Ed...I dunno whether it's better than Don't say lazy or not.

Glad Mugi fans got themselves the fan service. The good kind of rich person.
Taking back what I said about the Intro. After a few times listening to it, it's a really nice song in actuality, for me anyway. I just need to adjust I guess.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2010-07-09, 14:43   Link #137
yakumo-chan

yey mugi chan!!!

best episode ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
The ED reminded me of something from the pre-Azusa days...

Spoiler:
I still think that five girls is too many.... 4 girls is much better..

the reason why i prefer 4 girls over five is because I still believed that "Dont say Lazy" is still their best music video....
I really loved mugi-chan's melancholy face here
Spoiler for dont say lazy:

Last edited by yakumo-chan; 2010-07-09 at 15:58.
Old 2010-07-09, 17:55   Link #138
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Awesome episode, and new ED/OP were great. Mugi, and Ritsu were really hilarious this episode.

P.S. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Mio jealous because she wanted to hang out with Mugi?
MAL
Old 2010-07-09, 17:58   Link #139
kitten320

yakumo-chan
That logic is a bit off... I don't see how an extra member plays any huge role in the ED and OP creation
Old 2010-07-09, 18:42   Link #140
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Awesome episode, and new ED/OP were great. Mugi, and Ritsu were really hilarious this episode.

P.S. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Mio jealous because she wanted to hang out with Mugi?
Yea she was, it seems to be a rare occasion to hang out with Mugi-chan like so.

Now onto the next Mugi-chan centric episode!