AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-09, 07:52   Link #2181
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
a very hasty episode yet a very good one, in one part(hisoka's face) it made burst in laughter and in the last scene i was touched, the potrayal of the characters was magnificent, and that what i love about this series, characters arent either black or white they dwelve in a large gamma of grey, cant wait to see how madhouse keeps adapting this in such a fantastic way.
You weren't the only one. Hisoka's face was pure gold when he realizes Chrolo couldn't use Nen anymore.
Old 2012-12-09, 11:20   Link #2182
SHINOBI-03

My weekly comparison is on hold till Tuesday due to college work. But here's my opinion on the episode and the whole arc.

I really liked today's episode. Paku's death scene with Romi Paku's performance was superb. Hisoka's funny moment was also one of a kind. But what got my attention was Phinks' character and how Madhouse was able to turn such a cruel character to be so sad, and Kenichiro Ohashi's performance made it really incredible and touching. But the episode's main problem was cutting down the scenes at the beginning didn't make it end as an epilogue for Yorknew arc and we got some Greed Island material already which in my opinion would've been better if left for the next episode.

8/10

Full rating for this arc's episodes:

37: 7.5
38: 7
39: 8
40: 7.5
41: 8.5
42: 7.5
43: 9.5
44: 9.5
45: 9
46: 7.5
47: 9.5
48: 6.5
49: 9
50: 8.5
51: 9
52: 9.5
53: 8
54: 7.5
55: 8
56: 9
57: 8
58: 8

Final rating for the arc: 8.27 out of 10.

Best episodes: 43, 44, 47, 52
Worst episodes: 38, 48

Overall, it was a great arc. But cutting down a lot of the manga material and the unnecessary changes were the biggest issue it had.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 14:09   Link #2183
kitten320

Sadly this is one of those episodes where I want to rage... they managed to put in like 3 episodes in one!

It was way too rushed and Paku's story was not as strong as it was in OVA. It lacked in emotional department and I miss the scene where death slowly crawls towards her. It had massive impact on me in OVA while here it just made me go "meh.

But since I saw OVA I was more like "How dare you cut it out?!" >.<

So yeh... did not like it... at all!

The only highlights for me were Hisoka's face when he realized what is happening.
And last part with Phinks since in comparison to OVA, here he seemed to have more depth as a character.
It also was nice of Hisoka to tell Paku his real Prophecy. It put her to rest knowing that what she did was right.

Looks like it is time for Greed Island arc... sadly I did not like it. Oh well, everything good must end one day. Will have to deal with it for now.
Old 2012-12-09, 14:09   Link #2184
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wow Phinks really stole the show for me tbh.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 14:32   Link #2185
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well probably the best way to wrap this up for now. Gon and Killua can't take these guys on so they couldn't get into any bigger of a conflict than they have. Save it for another time.

A good laugh though when Hisoka did all that for no good reason . He got the boss alone, but couldn't afford to fight him fight him in that condition.
Old 2012-12-09, 17:03   Link #2186
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
A bit late in responding but better late that never.

I think Gon said what a lot of people were thinking and I loved that moment because it completely washed away a doubt I had about this show. To be honest when they all started acting indignant towards Uvo's death I was getting really pissed off (as if they have any right to feel indignant after what they've all done and continue to do) and was wondering if the story was really going to humanise these bastards and try and portray them as grey. But it didn't thanks to Gon's outburst. What the show was actually doing was portraying criminals pretty realistically. Because not all criminals are cliché moustache twirling pricks and they will naturally be totally hypocritical about anything bad that happens to them. It reminds me of that "Dogs get put down" scene in Watchmen. So thank you Gon for pointing out their hypocrisy.
Ugh. I take back what I said...

The episode was okayish but still...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 17:53   Link #2187
leokiko

Quote:

I think its cool that way. They are the kind of people that only cares for themselves and the spider, but don't give a damn about other people.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 18:06   Link #2188
Maxtro

Damn, Hisoka wasn't able to get his fight.

Even though it would have made no sense, I wish Kruapika would have got of the blimp, did his Sword of Judgment! again and modify the condition so that Boss could use his Nen but only when fighting Hisoka.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 18:09   Link #2189
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
I like to think it's simply been postponed. The safe money is on the boss having that Nen removed and showing back up 50-100 episodes from now.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 18:15   Link #2190
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I like to think it's simply been postponed. The safe money is on the boss having that Nen removed and showing back up 50-100 episodes from now.
Hah, typical shonen anime. And of course both will be wearing new outfits just because.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 18:32   Link #2191
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

The thing that does crack me up is the auction itself. Was it ever explained how it's even going on when the troupe stole it the first time?

Was it all just insurance fraud, and the troupe is in it with the mob?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 18:45   Link #2192
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

That was the underground mafia auction they stole from. This is a more legit auction where all the rich elites gather to buy expensive "legal" treasures.
Old 2012-12-09, 19:49   Link #2193
kitten320

Quote:

Well their situation makes sense.

They all grew up in same area which is considered non existent so they are treated like trash.

It makes sense for them to care for each other but hate everyone else.

They grew in one place what makes them a family, everyone else are strangers and outsiders. And since outsiders don't respect them, why should they?

If anything, H x H has handled their human side the best out of most series I know when it comes to villains.
Old 2012-12-09, 20:27   Link #2194
tarachi
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
That was the underground mafia auction they stole from. This is a more legit auction where all the rich elites gather to buy expensive "legal" treasures.
Is the mafia auction contain more valuable items? Wonder why spider did not target the "legal" treasures.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 22:43   Link #2195
Squire James

Several reasons I could see as possibilities:

1. The Mafia had better stuff.

2. The "legal auctions" actually have Pro Hunters that even Spiders are leery of messing with.

3. The Spiders have standards. Anyone at a Mafia auction is assumed to be at least a little shady, but they aren't really excited about taking out normal blokes.

4. They get a little bored stealing stuff the same way over and over again.
Squire James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 23:02   Link #2196
chikkychappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post

Even though it would have made no sense, I wish Kruapika would have got of the blimp, did his Sword of Judgment! again and modify the condition so that Boss could use his Nen but only when fighting Hisoka.
you and me both

chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 00:57   Link #2197
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire James View Post
Several reasons I could see as possibilities:

1. The Mafia had better stuff.

2. The "legal auctions" actually have Pro Hunters that even Spiders are leery of messing with.

3. The Spiders have standards. Anyone at a Mafia auction is assumed to be at least a little shady, but they aren't really excited about taking out normal blokes.

4. They get a little bored stealing stuff the same way over and over again.
5. They planned to, but got distracted by Kurapika.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 01:42   Link #2198
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kurapika's character have clearly benefited from this adaptation. I remember that after a certain period of time, I just couldn't stand Kurapika's character anymore. He always sounded so whiny with his tragic-hero demeanor. While I could understand why it was the case, I just couldn't muster any sympathy toward him. Kurapika was the Sasuke of HxH. For me, this adaptation balanced out Kurapika's character in a sensible way.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 02:09   Link #2199
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Kurapika's character have clearly benefited from this adaptation. I remember that after a certain period of time, I just couldn't stand Kurapika's character anymore. He always sounded so whiny with his tragic-hero demeanor. While I could understand why it was the case, I just couldn't muster any sympathy toward him. Kurapika was the Sasuke of HxH. For me, this adaptation balanced out Kurapika's character in a sensible way.
Careful, else we going to tussle .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 02:20   Link #2200
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Careful, else we going to tussle .
Bring it on! I got my ASS behind me.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen