AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 88 59.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 27.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.34%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-03, 00:27   Link #201
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There's a very interesting security cam video on youtube of an actual auto-ped accident that is almost a frame by frame duplication of the accident (I would bet money they used it as their reference). In the scene, Akiko ends up under the roof of the car (which is quite crushible) and then the car slides. In essence, she vanishes, trapped under the car (though the roof gives so the entire weight isn't on her -- the car slides... possibly more gruesome though we'll hope the ice and snow mitigated some of it).

The animation *does* seem to have a one frame bobble where they should have shown her dropping ... but frankly the banal "silence" of the security-camera style rendition left me quite grim enough.

Seen too much of this played out in real life....
I bet that helps them save budget for animation a bit. Use other things as point of reference and trace over them. They did it with Haruhi too as you could see entire areas copied exactly from real life in the city. Why nobody else has thought of this I don't know as not only are you saving money, but your also adding a touch of realism to the anime.
Old 2007-03-03, 02:36   Link #202
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Architecturally a LOT of anime set in local Japan uses real locations. Its even a hobby for anime-nuts to find them out and go do photos for comparison.
AIR, Love Hina, Negima, Azumanga Daioh, ad nauseum...
The guy who draws Megatokyo the web comic does it (as an homage and he used to do architecture) - he's been to Japan a time or two to collect reference pics.