AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-10, 17:36   Link #21
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Here is my first guess. This is the contraversy thread.

Do we need to explain the reasoning behind the guess?
Old 2004-05-10, 17:46   Link #22
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

This is a stupid guess, but anyways http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ighlight=whore

Edit:
I got a question, are the answers in the first post or somwhere in a topic?
Old 2004-05-10, 17:51   Link #23
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Nice guesses, but you don't have it yet. This round is not quite as easy.

The answer to the riddle is the entire thread, though some future riddles will be a specific post. To say more than that would be improper.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-05-10, 17:58   Link #24
HoboGod
Necromancer

well, that sounds WAY too much like chess in my book. whore being the queen i presume. all the kings's men being pawns. castle obviously being the rook. the eyes being the 2 bishops on both sides of the king. making the king mad would most likely refer to checking the king. i'm not too sure about "a person with a flaming body" tho. never the less, when i searched for chess, the closest thing i found was wat online game you are playing ?
Old 2004-05-10, 18:09   Link #25
<xellos>
As a WHM I help people

well, if "stealing their eyes" is gaining their attention, and xris is "the king"
i would assume JAppi has the flaming body and the thread might be this:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ght=NoSanninWa
Old 2004-05-10, 18:10   Link #26
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13277

Guy that whores posting new topics, flamed a person, and got the mod mad (the king?).
Old 2004-05-10, 18:27   Link #27
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Is it the postcout thread ?
Old 2004-05-10, 18:28   Link #28
7thMethuselah

A wild guess based on a very weird thinking patern
One of these threads

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13362
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=13396
Old 2004-05-10, 18:36   Link #29
aahhsin

Nosanninwa you should have like 8 hour intervals between your 3 riddles. Let everyone make their guess between the 8 hours. and after the 8 hours are up, tell who got the right answer and go on with the next riddle. during this time don't tell who got it right or wrong.

so it'll be sorta like a lottery. Everyone chooses 1 and only 1 thread and waits until the results are in. That'll probably be the most fair.

as for me i'll choose how can you not like sasuke thread.

whores, kings, pawns heck everything is in there.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=1838
Old 2004-05-10, 18:59   Link #30
segahekui+
t3h r347 n1nj4!

yes i have arisen from the ashes like a phoenix, ne wayz,...
the links make it hard but this sounds a lot like a kenshin reference so im gonna put 2 threads that are just dedications and also... the 2 threads with the name 'rurouni kenshin'

rurouni 1
rurouni2
Old 2004-05-10, 19:26   Link #31
HoboGod
Necromancer

i have a question, when GATX207_Blitz said the second prize is a kazoo, did he mean that toy hamonica/flute thing that makes annoying sounds?
Old 2004-05-10, 19:44   Link #32
segahekui+
t3h r347 n1nj4!

thats the one
Old 2004-05-10, 19:49   Link #33
HoboGod
Necromancer

-_-.... i can barely contain my excitement. oh, well, i'm not entering this contest to win anything, i'm just trying to steal as many points away from the people that WILL win. i find it more rewarding than actually winning if i can make somebody else less victorious. ^_^
Old 2004-05-10, 19:51   Link #34
segahekui+
t3h r347 n1nj4!

quite the gallant quest :P
Old 2004-05-10, 19:51   Link #35
Imazul

Don't say that, you can win it!!!
Old 2004-05-10, 19:58   Link #36
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazul
Don't say that, you can win it!!!
oh, no, it defies my nature to actually win things. i don't like being in the spotlight or winner's circle... too much attention and i hate having people saying pointless things to me like "congatulations" or "good job." I'd much rather be playing for fun or my personal ammusement. ^_^
Old 2004-05-10, 20:02   Link #37
Imazul

I sure wish I could win... but I totally sucks at those thing. Im pretty sure Xellos as the good answer for this riddle anyway...
Old 2004-05-10, 21:52   Link #38
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by <xellos>
well, if "stealing their eyes" is gaining their attention, and xris is "the king"
i would assume JAppi has the flaming body and the thread might be this:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ght=NoSanninWa
That's an excellent line of thought. I'm impressed that you're really thinking about our humble riddle, but what about "When the castle fell"? I'm afraid that every single line of these riddles contains valuable information. If there is nothing in that thread about a castle falling, then I'm afraid that it doesn't count.

I'm glad that this riddle is tricky enough to keep you guessing a little longer than the first one. I wonder how much longer this will remain obscure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
well, that sounds WAY too much like chess in my book. whore being the queen i presume. all the kings's men being pawns. castle obviously being the rook. the eyes being the 2 bishops on both sides of the king. making the king mad would most likely refer to checking the king. i'm not too sure about "a person with a flaming body" tho. never the less, when i searched for chess, the closest thing i found was wat online game you are playing ?
I really like this attempt also. I'm impressed with how you thought it through. Unfortunately if that is the closest you can come to chess it is pretty weak. Also, you just can't account for "a person with a flaming body". Still, I am quite impressed with your effort.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-05-10, 22:25   Link #39
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

The Whore is in reference to the trolling thread started by Neko Koneko
i'm guessing the "person with a flaming body" is JAppi, who coined the "Damn you Neko Koneko" and sought the eyes of the king's (The moderators of the forum) men (the members).
when the castle fell (the forum crash), the whore stole their eyes (by starting this thread) and made the king mad (resulting in Neko Koneko's permenant banishment)

oh, and the phrase "sought the eyes" and "stealing the eyes" might be referring to gaining the attention of.. we all know how both JAppi and Neko are notorious for grabbing attention.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ht=neko+koneko

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
Old 2004-05-10, 22:54   Link #40
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
The Whore is in reference to the trolling thread started by Neko Koneko
i'm guessing the "person with a flaming body" is JAppi, who coined the "Damn you Neko Koneko" and sought the eyes of the king's (The moderators of the forum) men (the members).
when the castle fell (the forum crash), the whore stole their eyes (by starting this thread) and made the king mad (resulting in Neko Koneko's permenant banishment)

oh, and the phrase "sought the eyes" and "stealing the eyes" might be referring to gaining the attention of.. we all know how both JAppi and Neko are notorious for grabbing attention.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ht=neko+koneko

think diabo got it... everything seems to fit...
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, kazoo, scavenger hunt