AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-05, 02:24   Link #4301
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Note, Index isn't commenting on Accelerator's power level. Rather, is commenting on the type of energy he is exhibiting. In actuality, the raw energy that Accelerator possesses can surpass a saint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Same type of energy? You mean Telesma? Now that's interesting...

Just to confirm, is it 'same type' or 'similar type' ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Similar type, of course.
It looks similar on surface, but Index can tell it is different in essence.

It looks like it's not been stated that it's telesma and all kinda confusing.

And their should be a translation for it. near near near in the future

well I'm just going to read some stuff.
Old 2010-09-05, 03:19   Link #4302
pikachuwei

where was it "said" that accel had telesma wings? what volume wat chapter? i can go check it
Old 2010-09-05, 03:49   Link #4303
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
where was it "said" that accel had telesma wings? what volume wat chapter? i can go check it
Probably Volume 13, Epilogue.

The reason is because the last part of chapter 10 was just released and it was Touma meeting with Aqua.

And to prevent further misunderstandings, I said it's 'like' telesma, but it's not it.
Old 2010-09-05, 05:39   Link #4304
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Probably Volume 13, Epilogue.

The reason is because the last part of chapter 10 was just released and it was Touma meeting with Aqua.

And to prevent further misunderstandings, I said it's 'like' telesma, but it's not it.
Lucky I have vol 13.....

Yes, Index comments that Accelerator's wings bear resemblance to Telesma.

Not that it IS Telesma.

「力場は『天使の力』に酷似していたけど実質的には全然違った。そもそも、悪魔学の実用は普通 の『天使の力』とは扱いが違うものだし…あんな大量の力、聖人だってまとめきれるかどうか…」

That's the line. Last chapter
Old 2010-09-05, 08:23   Link #4305
tsunade666

So accelerator is like fuze=kazakiri? Kazakiri resembles an angel but her structures are somewhat different. And accelerator's black wings resembles it too but basically different in make up or what?
Old 2010-09-06, 00:18   Link #4306
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Lucky I have vol 13.....

Yes, Index comments that Accelerator's wings bear resemblance to Telesma.

Not that it IS Telesma.

「力場は『天使の力』に酷似していたけど実質的には全然違った。そもそも、悪魔学の実用は普通 の『天使の力』とは扱いが違うものだし…あんな大量の力、聖人だってまとめきれるかどうか…」

That's the line. Last chapter
力場上和『天使之力』很像,可是實質上好像完全不同呢。而且,惡魔學的東西跟『天使之力』的概念也完全不相 同……那麽巨大的力量,就算是聖人也不知道能不能掌控住呢……

lol in chinese

yeah index comments it is very similar to telesma but its nature is totally different. index mentions something about "devil skills" which im going to guess is ESPer powers since iirc the christians think espers are demon powers.

index is commenting "that fearsome power, even if one is a saint one may not be able to defend against it"
Old 2010-09-06, 04:31   Link #4307
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
力場上和『天使之力』很像,可是實質上好像完全不同呢。而且,惡魔學的東西跟『天使之力』的概念也完全不相 同……那麽巨大的力量,就算是聖人也不知道能不能掌控住呢……

lol in chinese

yeah index comments it is very similar to telesma but its nature is totally different. index mentions something about "devil skills" which im going to guess is ESPer powers since iirc the christians think espers are demon powers.

index is commenting "that fearsome power, even if one is a saint one may not be able to defend against it"
Not quite, according to the Chinese version Index is saying with that kind of massive power maybe not even a saint can control it. Index is saying its effects are SIMILAR to "power of Angels (Telesma?)", but the energy compostion is completely different. She also made a throwaway(?) comment that things from 'demonic studies' are completely different to "Power of angels as well.

And here's some more summaries from Vol21:

Ch8 pt1: Misha is pwning all the normal military, regardless them being from Russia or Academy City. Carrisa comes blasting in buying enough time for the military of both sides to run away like scared b*tches (profanity is unavoidable here, the power difference difference here is so large and the 'normal' military's reaction so pathetic this is the only way to describe it accurately). Soon afterwards the Maiden of Versailles and the Knight Faction arrives, and they talk about how to take Misha down. Throughout all this there's plenty of Foe Yay between Carrisa and the Maiden of Versailles.

Ch8 Pt2: Carrisa and the Maiden fights Misha, with anything resembling the '6th sense' useless against Misha. The current Misha have the equivalent amount of mana as Curtana 2nd (ie Misha's not at full strength), but Misha have better techniques than Carrisa. Durandal have nowhere near enough power compared with Misha.
Misha was about to use long distance attacks with 100 ice wings to barrage the retreating military forces, and Carrisa stops Misha's attacks, but broke her Curtana shard with the 'light-saber' doing so. Misha fires a 2nd barrage with another 100 ice wings, and after a bright flash Carrisa stopped it again: Carrisa now DUAL WIELDS Light-Sabers and have another dozen behind her floating (Insert jawdrop here), saying she made spare Curtana shards.
The rest of this part is more fighting between Carrisa, the Maiden and Misha (with more amount of Foe Yay than previous part). Carrisa comments with what they have right now their power is nowhere near enough to even harm a archangel.
Old 2010-09-06, 10:26   Link #4308
Marka13

So wait, is "Misha" a possessed Sasha or a different being entirely?
Cause I know that the "complete" Gabriel is this: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...21_004-005.jpg
Old 2010-09-06, 10:32   Link #4309
tsunade666

nah different entity. Sasha is Sasha and misha is misha though misha exist by borrowing existence or rather .... how to explain it........ I'm not good at this one but let's just say that Sasha is a real girl a real maiden in russia then their is this angel that fall stupidly and need a medium to exist so it borrow sasha then it became misha. Though misha can exist through sasha but after what fianmma did they become separate entity in this world. misha is not in the womb or rather when misha take over sasha their are left over telesma. She become like... what a virgin mary or something. That's the initial target of fianma knowing that gabriel is micheal thanks to all mix up in elements.
Old 2010-09-06, 10:44   Link #4310
Marka13

what?
I...don't...understand @.@
Old 2010-09-06, 10:58   Link #4311
tsunade666

see... I'm no good on explaining stuff concerning the magic stuff. Wait for someone better at explaining. But just look at this that misha is different from sasha. And misha is the angel and a spirit. Spirit can't materialize without medium just like how the magicians utilize magic they need medium. The angel just use sasha as medium to exist on this world............. okay scratch that wait for someone
Old 2010-09-06, 11:09   Link #4312
Marka13

wait, I think I kind of get it
so the first time "Misha"descended, it needed a physical body to survive (Sasha) but thanks to Fiamma, "Misha" is able to exist separately from the host even though it still needs Sasha to exist. So Misha almost feeds off of Sasha in a way
Old 2010-09-06, 16:49   Link #4313
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Not quite, according to the Chinese version Index is saying with that kind of massive power maybe not even a saint can control it. Index is saying its effects are SIMILAR to "power of Angels (Telesma?)", but the energy compostion is completely different. She also made a throwaway(?) comment that things from 'demonic studies' are completely different to "Power of angels as well.

And here's some more summaries from Vol21:

Ch8 pt1: Misha is pwning all the normal military, regardless them being from Russia or Academy City. Carrisa comes blasting in buying enough time for the military of both sides to run away like scared b*tches (profanity is unavoidable here, the power difference difference here is so large and the 'normal' military's reaction so pathetic this is the only way to describe it accurately). Soon afterwards the Maiden of Versailles and the Knight Faction arrives, and they talk about how to take Misha down. Throughout all this there's plenty of Foe Yay between Carrisa and the Maiden of Versailles.

Ch8 Pt2: Carrisa and the Maiden fights Misha, with anything resembling the '6th sense' useless against Misha. The current Misha have the equivalent amount of mana as Curtana 2nd (ie Misha's not at full strength), but Misha have better techniques than Carrisa. Durandal have nowhere near enough power compared with Misha.
Misha was about to use long distance attacks with 100 ice wings to barrage the retreating military forces, and Carrisa stops Misha's attacks, but broke her Curtana shard with the 'light-saber' doing so. Misha fires a 2nd barrage with another 100 ice wings, and after a bright flash Carrisa stopped it again: Carrisa now DUAL WIELDS Light-Sabers and have another dozen behind her floating (Insert jawdrop here), saying she made spare Curtana shards.
The rest of this part is more fighting between Carrisa, the Maiden and Misha (with more amount of Foe Yay than previous part). Carrisa comments with what they have right now their power is nowhere near enough to even harm a archangel.
heheh sorry my chinese not too good. yeah its "even saints may not be able to control it", but at least i got the "similar but different to Telesma" part rite =)

and im guessing the "demonic studies" is referring to the esper programs?

and yeah carissa is saying that even though curtana also has an archangel's power, she herself doesnt have the knowledge of an archangel, its not a matter of "power" but of "technique" (im guessing shes talking about "the knowledge to use such power efficiently"

does anyone know what chapter and volume hte kanzaki vs valkyrie fight is? i wanna read it
Old 2010-09-06, 17:43   Link #4314
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It should be the Kanzaki SS novel.
Old 2010-09-06, 18:24   Link #4315
Miraluka
Banned

So far I have the first part scanned , I'm waiting for the others..... maybe I should ask a friend to lend me his DVD's goods.
Old 2010-09-06, 19:15   Link #4316
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka13 View Post
wait, I think I kind of get it
so the first time "Misha"descended, it needed a physical body to survive (Sasha) but thanks to Fiamma, "Misha" is able to exist separately from the host even though it still needs Sasha to exist. So Misha almost feeds off of Sasha in a way
No, the first time, Gabriel fell on Earth, it is because of Angel Fall, a body swapping spell. Due to the spell's effect Gabriel must be confined to a body.

After that, a large amount of Gabriel's Telesma satyed in Sasha's body, and by pulling it out, Gabriel is be able to manifest independently.

As for why Gabriel is called Misha, is because she was swapped into Michale's identity.
Old 2010-09-06, 19:25   Link #4317
Marka13

Ah, okay, I think I get it now.
So does "Misha" also look different from Sasha?
Old 2010-09-06, 19:31   Link #4318
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The picture on your avatar is Misha. Sasha doesn't have red pupils. Aside from that, they practically look alike.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-09-06, 20:39   Link #4319
Marka13

Really? I figured the orange/red was her natural eye color since the only thing strange about her eyes during the Angel Fall arc was that they glowed around the edges
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...g?t=1283823415
And then these were Gabriel's eyes:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...g?t=1283823497

Also, i thought since "Misha" and Sasha were basically two different beings that they might have different appearances but that might not be explained in Vol.21
Old 2010-09-07, 00:49   Link #4320
Flere821
Lurker

More summaries:

Ch8 pt3: The missiles attacking the Star of Bethlehem all got intercepted by Misha. Misha then saw Touma, classified Imagine Breaker as a threat and started to attack. Kazakiri jumps in and saves Touma. Kazakiri and Misha fights as the Star of Bethlehem flies higher, at a altitude of 5,000 metres above ground.
A side note: Kazakiri is now BLONDE in her current form. This better not be a Super Saiyan shout out -.-

Ch8 pt4: Kazakiri feels Misha and herself is very alike in their composition, with what can be said of one of them can also apply to the other. Misha and Kazakiri clash, with ice blades and their countless wings. Half way through their battle Misha uses water blades instead. Kazakiri can see two different types of power in Misha, that of Gabriel's (Water) and Michael's (Fire), that opposes each other like water and oil.
Misha is angry that she's been brought down to Earth again, and forced to do Fiamma's bidding. Misha then sensed the lambskin Accelerator has and declared her target has been found.

And just to clarify, 'Misha' is Archangel Michael's consciousness in Archangel Gabriel's angelic body. Archangel Michael now hold the power over Water instead of Fire, and has all the abilities of Gabriel instead of his original ones. This is due to some sort of previous incident not yet mentioned, and when Angel Fall came it made the effects worse.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen