AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-31, 18:23   Link #4341
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nanoha's needing to go on vacation was first mentioned in the StrikerS soundstages and depicted in ViVid, having been mentioned at the start of the first chapter.
Old 2013-07-31, 21:50   Link #4342
Gx Hero
Rambler

ok I'll look it up, but it could just be parental leave and I want my facts straight. Any way thanks Rising Dragon. THough I don't think it meant for medical or maternal reasons in vivid, oh well, she's back in force blowing her enemies up.

I am probaly going to litter this post with questions so sorry if I miss something.

I was wondering where it mentions that Nanoha , fate and Hayate are the three aces, the strongest, because I was only aware of Nanoha Being the ace of aces. COnsidering Hayate is a bombardment mage.
Old 2013-07-31, 22:26   Link #4343
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Actually i'm also curious since i can't remeber any episode where they were explicity called "The Three Aces" xDU So if anyone knows where the term became canon it would be a ncie piece of information xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-08-02, 17:47   Link #4344
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It first pops up in the StrikerS manga.
Old 2013-08-03, 07:58   Link #4345
Gx Hero
Rambler

Figures, but ultimatly it is how it is used. DOse three aces refer to among lindy's team or the beaurue as a whole. If you catch my meaning. any way will look it up.
Old 2013-08-08, 23:24   Link #4346
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

This is a question a bit more related to Trinagle Hearts 3 than the Nanoha franchise but still tied to a resolution i'm trying to reach...

The members of the Takamachi family are normal humans? Or is there something unnatural/special about them? According to info in "Triangle Hearts 3" Kyouya Takamachi is a very skilled master swordsman who faced supernatural threats and possibly also killed supernatural beings. So, does Kyouya have a special gift that separates from normal human species or is he just a very skilled/strong willed normal human?

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-08-09, 06:42   Link #4347
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Ki attacks, son!
Old 2013-08-09, 10:34   Link #4348
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wow, for real o_O!?

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-08-09, 13:22   Link #4349
Gx Hero
Rambler

I have a question. I heard that you need to be at least A rank to use flying magic. Unless of course you have another skill like wing road or Ariel Rave.
Old 2013-08-09, 15:04   Link #4350
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

that triggers another question ...why none of the forwards has mastered fligjt yet? By the end of StrikerS they're all above A rank o_o

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-08-09, 19:31   Link #4351
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Where was the source of that quote anyway? I keep searching but can't find it.
Old 2013-08-09, 21:21   Link #4352
Gx Hero
Rambler

I don't know but I swear I heard it in Strikers, I can't figure out where, all I know is variable bullet was AA rank, but I heard somewhere about their magic not being strong enough to support flight. After all it makes no sense for Nanoha Not to teach flight, or Vita at least. One thing about flight being a certain level it is not quoted directly as needed to be A rank, but is hinted. I really need to go through the manga and series agian and maybe if I find it I will post my answer.
Old 2013-08-13, 10:39   Link #4353
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
I have a question. I heard that you need to be at least A rank to use flying magic. Unless of course you have another skill like wing road or Ariel Rave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
I don't know but I swear I heard it in Strikers, I can't figure out where, all I know is variable bullet was AA rank, but I heard somewhere about their magic not being strong enough to support flight. After all it makes no sense for Nanoha Not to teach flight, or Vita at least. One thing about flight being a certain level it is not quoted directly as needed to be A rank, but is hinted. I really need to go through the manga and series agian and maybe if I find it I will post my answer.
Not exactly. The actual quote (from the StrikerS manga) refers to A-rank allowing you to skip the otherwise mandatory several years in the Ground Forces before you can join the Air Force. By no means is A-rank magic required to fly.
Old 2013-09-13, 04:01   Link #4354
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Does anyone remembered the canonical source for Arc-en-Ciel's range, if any?
Old 2013-09-13, 04:24   Link #4355
green-link94

Episode eleven or twelve of a's
Old 2013-09-13, 17:34   Link #4356
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
The Strike Cannon can instantly convert mana, does that mean said person only has to charge instead of casting a spell?

Does mass production mean anyone in Mid-Childa (whether the potential is there or not) can use the Strike Cannon?
Old 2013-09-13, 18:26   Link #4357
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I theorize anyone can use the Strike Cannon with the only difference being the amount of time they can use the thing based on stamina and linker core resillience.

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-09-13, 18:42   Link #4358
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
The Strike Cannon can instantly convert mana, does that mean said person only has to charge instead of casting a spell?

Does mass production mean anyone in Mid-Childa (whether the potential is there or not) can use the Strike Cannon?
All AEC Armaments can only be used by mages of sufficient linker core strength, since it uses magic as its power source and at first required a lot of magic at that. It's better at it now, but it can still only be used by mages, and thus still has Bureau control via their training mages and the responsibilities that are ingrained into mages.

While it's mass weaponry in functionality, it is not mass weaponry in availability. It's not something that just anyone can use.
Old 2013-09-14, 01:04   Link #4359
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
All AEC Armaments can only be used by mages of sufficient linker core strength, since it uses magic as its power source and at first required a lot of magic at that. It's better at it now, but it can still only be used by mages, and thus still has Bureau control via their training mages and the responsibilities that are ingrained into mages.
Plus, the damn thing weights a ton and have an incredibly unpractical size, so a lot of training is actually required to even lift the thing properly. As depicted by the training Tohma and the Forwards must underwent to get used to such weapons.

~The ASFB~
Old 2013-09-14, 01:11   Link #4360
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, but magic makes you physically stronger so eventually its a moot point. And as for Lily, well, for a while she wasn't even able to walk and isn't a mage, so little surprise she isn't as capable as Thoma or Isis.