AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-01-20, 08:52   Link #10261
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
GN-009 = Pure Win!! The HG Seraphim actually looks much, MUCH cooler than the HCM-Pro version.
And it looks to inherit the same way of transformation from the Robot Tamashii and HCM-Pro version as well. (The head and arm looks too big to be pushed into the main body)

But one wonders is there a need for the HG Seraphim to be transformable when there is a serperate kit for the Seravee ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 09:47   Link #10262
ashtaron

Seraphim's design is really reminiscent of Gaia from Seed Destiny. Does anyone know where the beam sabers are stored on Seravee?
ashtaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 10:42   Link #10263
MeesesGlokmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Quite interested with the snowy background...
I know what you're saying. It is reminiscent of where we see the damaged Seravee in the new ED. Coincidence? I think not!
Old 2009-01-20, 12:03   Link #10264
GNWeapon
On Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron View Post
Seraphim's design is really reminiscent of Gaia from Seed Destiny. Does anyone know where the beam sabers are stored on Seravee?
On the lower part of the arms, just behind and under the hands.
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 12:31   Link #10265
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

one questions sorry but there will be a HG 1/100 seravee that will bring seraphim's whit it righ? or we have to buy the seraphim's separate? how does that go? i want to buy seravee but i really dont want to buy 2 kits XD im low on money XD
Old 2009-01-20, 12:58   Link #10266
Wal Ouran Leviathan

1/100 Seravee will probably come in duo pack like Virtue. I really regret buying it, since you can expose only one at the time (plus you have to chose which color you want to paint the flat cables around the crest or whatever they are). And Nadleeh doesn't come with its personal weapons.

The problem would be less complicated with Seravee/Seraphim since you could expose them both but then Seravee would be missing the Seraphim backpack... unless if Bandai is kind enough to add an extra non transformable backpack

Last edited by Wal Ouran Leviathan; 2009-01-20 at 13:01. Reason: 1/100 Seravee, of course.
Wal Ouran Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:42   Link #10267
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal Ouran Leviathan View Post
1/100 Seravee will probably come in duo pack like Virtue. I really regret buying it, since you can expose only one at the time (plus you have to chose which color you want to paint the flat cables around the crest or whatever they are). And Nadleeh doesn't come with its personal weapons.

The problem would be less complicated with Seravee/Seraphim since you could expose them both but then Seravee would be missing the Seraphim backpack... unless if Bandai is kind enough to add an extra non transformable backpack
thx for the info and about the backpack we can only wish for that XD
Old 2009-01-20, 15:19   Link #10268
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Cool another must buy for me
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 17:45   Link #10269
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStrike View Post
one questions sorry but there will be a HG 1/100 seravee that will bring seraphim's whit it righ? or we have to buy the seraphim's separate? how does that go? i want to buy seravee but i really dont want to buy 2 kits XD im low on money XD
You'll be paying the price of 2 kits anyway.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 18:33   Link #10270
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Got my MSIA The-O today.

I FUCKING love it!!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 18:42   Link #10271
Nerroth
NePoi!

I like the look of the HG Seraphim - and with box art like that, I'm even more persuaded as to what it might mean for the rest of the series.
Old 2009-01-20, 20:11   Link #10272
Sinzz
Orange

i dont think thats snow.. i think those are the GN particles being released from seraphim gundams back.. what im interested in is how they're going to fit that head in its body, and whether the hands have a ball joint movement.. cause judging by the picture.. it looks like it wont have a lot of mobility in the wrist..

btw.. didnt bandai say they were dropping the fg and coming out with more SD gundams? where's my SD Cherudim T_T.. heck more SD 00 ms would be better for me..they had loads of seed.. but only 2 from 00?
Sinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 21:08   Link #10273
DesArms

IMO the doesn't fit in the body maybe it require some part swapping like HCM pro
DesArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 22:21   Link #10274
ryanvamp

Hi everyone, I've been reading like 30 random pages of this thread, and I'd like to ask some questions since I'm really new at this stuff.

I've read wikipedia's article about Gunpla, but since I read at forums that, for example, HG 1/144 00 is better than 1/100 00 (some stuff about the waist), I became really confused.

1. Now, being 1/100 bigger than the HC 1/144, and of course more expensive, I assumed that the level of detail and articulation was better too. But since the 1/144 models are labeled with HIGH GRADE and 1/100 aren't labeled, was I mistaken ? I've seen pics like this one that makes me think that 1/100 have at least the same level of detail than their 1/144 counterparts.

http://www.dalong.net/review/00/0103/p/0103_66.jpg

Buying 1/100 kits is really tempting because they are bigger, but I wouldn't want to put size before accuracy. I own a 1/144 seed destiny and even if I'm pretty happy with it, I'd like to try 1/100.

2. I read about Master Grade, Speed Grade and Perfect Grade, among others. Now, SG is out of the question since I don't like them. PG are way expensive for me, so that leaves only MG.
Are the MG much more detailed than the regular 1/100 ?

3. I was thinking on buying some models, not all at the same time, but some of them eventually, and I'd like some advice on them.

A) I really want a Zeta Gundam since it's my favourite series and one of the best looking gundams I've ever seen. But there are just too much models based on it, and the difference of quality isn't as clear as the difference in prices. Should I buy this limited editon

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN70069

Or should I wait for the release of the HD 2.0 version, mentioned a couple of pages ago on this same thread ?

B) Same problem with Hyaku Shiki, I've seen these ones

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN74438
1/144
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN900584
1/100 MG

But I know BANDAI is releasing the HD version sometime around March...I like the 144 and it is affordable, but I wonder if the gold-plate default painting looks good enough or crappy.

C) I'm pretty obssesed with Nu Gundam and Sazabi, for obvious reasons. Like the other two cases (Zeta and Hyaku Shiki), there are a lot of kits based on them.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN953143
1/144, pretty affordable, although expensive for a 1/144, looks good

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN954499
1/144 Sazabi, now this one looks just great

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN78212 1/100 MG Nu Gundam. Expensive but not in a crazy way.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN952374
MG Nu Gundam metallic coat version. This one looks amazing, but I guess it's just out of my league. But if I don't buy now the 1/144 nu gundam, maybe I could get this in the future.

D) I'm buying 1/100 Saviour Gundam from SEED DESTINY

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN946730

The only question I have is related to the begining of my post...since this 1/100 isn't graded, is the 1/100 less accurate than the 1/144 one ?

E) Last but not least, as you can see I'm ordering these kits from HJL, but since I live in South America, I know that I have to add 20 % to the shipment estimate. That I can do, but since I'm inexperienced, I know nothing about discounts for ordering more than one kit (as long as I don't exceed the 2KG limit, which shouldn't be a problem if I order two 1/100 models at max) at a time. So in your experience, how much do you save in shipment charge by ordering more than one item at a time?

To all who bothers reading all this: THANK YOU for just doing so, thank you if you answer, and sorry for my english.
ryanvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 22:44   Link #10275
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanvamp View Post
Spoiler for long post:

1) It depends on the individual kit. The detail and articulation of the 1/100 is generally higher than the 1/144 since it's bigger but the proportions can be a bit wack. HG usually has better proportions but lack in detail unless painted. HG00 also usually doesn't come with everything that the machine has( ex. 1/144 00 has no shield or beam sabers)

2) MG are much better than the regular 1/100 and often offer more detail, features, and is usually much sleaker than the regular 1/100. (ex. Infinite Justice. Huge difference)

3) If you're going to buy an MG Zeta then you definitely get one that is 2.0. The original one has a few problems to it. The HD one only has different colors.

C) HGUC Nu has better posability than the MG due to it being newer so it's you're opinion. For Sazabi, definitely HGUC as the MG can't move half as well as the HGUC can.

D) HG SEED aren't very good IMO so the 1/100 would be better over all.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 22:48   Link #10276
CelestialNocturne
OrgoKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanvamp View Post
Hi everyone, I've been reading like 30 random pages of this thread, and I'd like to ask some questions since I'm really new at this stuff.

I've read wikipedia's article about Gunpla, but since I read at forums that, for example, HG 1/144 00 is better than 1/100 00 (some stuff about the waist), I became really confused.

1. Now, being 1/100 bigger than the HC 1/144, and of course more expensive, I assumed that the level of detail and articulation was better too. But since the 1/144 models are labeled with HIGH GRADE and 1/100 aren't labeled, was I mistaken ? I've seen pics like this one that makes me think that 1/100 have at least the same level of detail than their 1/144 counterparts.

http://www.dalong.net/review/00/0103/p/0103_66.jpg

Buying 1/100 kits is really tempting because they are bigger, but I wouldn't want to put size before accuracy. I own a 1/144 seed destiny and even if I'm pretty happy with it, I'd like to try 1/100.

2. I read about Master Grade, Speed Grade and Perfect Grade, among others. Now, SG is out of the question since I don't like them. PG are way expensive for me, so that leaves only MG.
Are the MG much more detailed than the regular 1/100 ?

To all who bothers reading all this: THANK YOU for just doing so, thank you if you answer, and sorry for my english.
I'm kind of new to Gunpla myself, so if anyone could confirm my answers it would be appreciated.

Regarding the waist joint: As you've likely read, the 1/100 00 Gundam doesn't contain a waist joint while the 1/144 version does. This means that the articulation of the 1/100 version is somewhat hampered but by no means poor as it's still able to commit to many of the poses one would desire. The apparent rationale behind such a choice was to allow for better support when carrying the O Raiser but in images displayed on earlier pages, the Cherudim seems to lack a waist joint as well. Other proposed reasons were then discussed on prior pages, a notable one being the desire to further emulate the human body.

1] Yes and no to being mistaken. Typically the 1/100 versions of a model are better in both categories (detail and articulation) but it really depends on the model itself. I haven't built too many so I can't comment further but someone else can likely explain better the issue.

2] It is indeed true that the Master Grade models are more detailed than their 1/100 counterparts though with the greater detail comes a great deal more work to do to complete them. Master Grade models have a "skeletal" structure underneath all of their parts connecting the entire body together whereby then the parts are attached to this structure, contrary to No Grade 1/100's which have all of their parts connect to adjacent pieces only. Similarly, Master Grade's come with a number of decals that can be applied and the articulation is generally better. The only downside to a Master Grade is that, as noted prior, a significant amount of time has to be set aside to build it.

EDIT: rebel one got his post in just before mine so sorry for any content that might be repeated between both posts.
CelestialNocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 23:25   Link #10277
ryanvamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel one View Post
1) It depends on the individual kit. The detail and articulation of the 1/100 is generally higher than the 1/144 since it's bigger but the proportions can be a bit wack.

3) If you're going to buy an MG Zeta then you definitely get one that is 2.0. The original one has a few problems to it. The HD one only has different colors.

C) HGUC Nu has better posability than the MG due to it being newer so it's you're opinion. For Sazabi, definitely HGUC as the MG can't move half as well as the HGUC can.

D) HG SEED aren't very good IMO so the 1/100 would be better over all.
1) Yes, I was afraid about the level of detail and proportions in 1/100 that aren't labeled as MG (I've yet to find 1/100 HG models)...but as the example image I provided about Kyrios 1/144 and Kyrios 1/100, the level of details and proportions is the same, and even better in 1/100 in fact. With Saviour Gundam (Seed Destiny) I wasn't so sure.

3) Ok, I'll do just about that, wait for a 2.0 version that is in stock at HJL.

C) So by reading you I guess I should buy the 1/144 versions of both since they are affordable and better for moving them and posing.

D) Oh I see, I'll buy 1/100 saviour then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialNocturne View Post

1] Yes and no to being mistaken. Typically the 1/100 versions of a model are better in both categories (detail and articulation) but it really depends on the model itself. I haven't built too many so I can't comment further but someone else can likely explain better the issue.

2] It is indeed true that the Master Grade models are more detailed than their 1/100 counterparts though with the greater detail comes a great deal more work to do to complete them. Master Grade models have a "skeletal" structure underneath all of their parts connecting the entire body together whereby then the parts are attached to this structure, contrary to No Grade 1/100's which have all of their parts connect to adjacent pieces only. Similarly, Master Grade's come with a number of decals that can be applied and the articulation is generally better. The only downside to a Master Grade is that, as noted prior, a significant amount of time has to be set aside to build it.
Indeed, I thought the same about the 1/100 models, but after reading that the HGUC 1/144 are the most accurate, I was afraid that the 1/100 models of both Gundam 00 and other gundam series in general were worse.

Thank you both for your answers, and if more people want to add more info about the questions I asked, I'd be happy to read them, specially about the combined shipment question. (btw, if the site says size/weight: 19.0 x 29.0 x 6.0 cm/260g....which of those measures is the actual height ?)

Last edited by ryanvamp; 2009-01-21 at 00:42.
ryanvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 23:27   Link #10278
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

i dont like much 1/144 i always get 1/100 or MG and up but since some really cool Gundam 00 models are in 1/144 im actually going to start gething 1/144
Old 2009-01-21, 01:08   Link #10279
Ypocaramel

The later MGs are much better than the earlier ones; some would say starting in 2005 with around the OYW Gundam. The new Sinanju's articulation is amazing. However, outside of UC the range is mostly limited to hero mecha, so if you want a 1/100 Gadessa or even Cherdium you would feel safe doing it now. It takes 2-3 years after the Gundam's appearance for the MG to come out. They do, however, use the time to improve the Gundam's appearance.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 02:05   Link #10280
atlans89
Heretic Inquisitor

Send a message via Yahoo to atlans89
I wonder if Bandai will release a MG version of Red Frame or Blue Frame 3rd this year?
Kind of boring if they keep releasing the 2.0 when i'm expecting for MG of Exia or maybe a remake of Nu and Hi-nu to be able to match the appearance as they look well in Gundam STANDart....
atlans89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy