Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-23, 19:26   Link #1601
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Im seeing a 25.5 subbed. Does anyone what it's about.
Yup -- see this.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 19:37   Link #1602
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yup -- see this.
ohhh now that very interesting. Well gotta thank C1 for the subbing
Old 2008-02-23, 19:44   Link #1603
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
OOH, that is some great news...

Pretty late now so I guess I'll watch it when I wake up

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 07:59   Link #1604
UPR

don't want to call anyone a liar ,but 25.5 has nothing about Aoba turning down the other girls. It was justa like a recap of some things ,and finished when Sayuri recevied the message from that other guy who he said he had a plan for her to give the chocolates. Nothing really special.
Old 2008-02-24, 08:13   Link #1605
archivisth

Yes, it's a recap, see post #1588.

Last edited by archivisth; 2008-02-24 at 08:19. Reason: Formatting
archivisth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 11:11   Link #1606
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Finally finished the series. Yeah I'm too late. lol; But I'm really glad I watched it. Being torn between angsty romance (TT and Kimikiss) somehow this little romance/harem series made my heart light again. Everything;s too cliche but for whatever reason I didn't find it "old" or "overrated" or "annoying" etc...Everything's was just well so flesh out; from character development or storyline the only missing in the line's Tsukasa and Mina said to Aoba(Their confession scenes). Plus one of the most rarest endings where the main leads goes away but still keeping in touch with the girl she chose. Well; that's all I have to say about the series. It's so lighthearted all you need to do is watched it and have a little smile on your face every time you see the cute moments; the randomness; the cliche drama(but not over dramatic way); It's a fun ride indeed.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 11:32   Link #1607
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
don't want to call anyone a liar ,but 25.5 has nothing about Aoba turning down the other girls. It was justa like a recap of some things ,and finished when Sayuri recevied the message from that other guy who he said he had a plan for her to give the chocolates. Nothing really special.
Not entirely as they did take out the comedy for more character development. Ahh...now with this, it is complete. Watching mina cry again really tore into my heart. Dammit

Just watching this stand alone ep made me think that maybe it is time for a rewatch as I do miss the series

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-02-24, 13:19   Link #1608
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I guess it had been a while since I had seen it. It seemed to me that the episode contained a lot of little things that I didn't remember being covered in the show, but maybe all those scenes were there and I was just forgetting things. I had remembered that a lot of people complained for some reason that Riku had never said his farewells to other girls, and I saw that it was addressed in this episode, but that had always seemed curious to me because I thought the show had addressed it. So after seeing Episode 25.5 some months later, and remembering that complaint, I thought that this episode must contain the pieces everyone else thought were missing from the show. But, in fact, it looks like most of it was already in the show itself, including Riku's farewells to the other girls. So, it looks like it was mostly a recap with a little bit added after all, and I was just confused. I was wrong -- I apologize for the confusion!
Old 2008-02-25, 17:27   Link #1609
ironbomb

the whole episode of 25.5 was a recap, not a single new scene, all reuse of previous episodes. I was expecting a more elaborate scene from rika x the girls, especially how he replied and what he stated in the confession/farewell scenes....The last episode was indeed a great recap but was it necessary to put that at the end to sum the whole story up, I don't think so...I find it pointless, it did give me the urge to rewatch the anime...So this is it... =/.
ironbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 20:33   Link #1610
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
The last episode was indeed a great recap but was it necessary to put that at the end to sum the whole story up, I don't think so...
Well, it was only a bonus feature on the DVD. It was just something they aired at Tokyo Anime Fair during the time this show was airing on TV. So, it's not really "necessary", they just included it on the DVD as an extra.
Old 2008-02-25, 20:44   Link #1611
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
the whole episode of 25.5 was a recap, not a single new scene, all reuse of previous episodes. I was expecting a more elaborate scene from rika x the girls, especially how he replied and what he stated in the confession/farewell scenes....The last episode was indeed a great recap but was it necessary to put that at the end to sum the whole story up, I don't think so...I find it pointless, it did give me the urge to rewatch the anime...So this is it... =/.
I was also expecting some more insight to how Riku broke up with Tsukasa and Mina. I also expected to see some new scenes of after Riku transferred. The title "Episode 25.5" to me was misleading.

The episode also gave me the urge to rewatch the series, so the episode did do something right.
Old 2008-02-26, 20:57   Link #1612
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

I just finished watch the series and I have to say it's one of the better harem animes out there.

I don't think you really need to see what Riku said to the other girls because it's obvious they were rejected gently, the pink-haired girl (tsukasa?) cried she wouldn't get to see him anymore and Mina took it pretty well considering her getting emo over some missed e-mails.

(I wanted the pink-haired girl to win )
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 22:30   Link #1613
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzer View Post
(I wanted the pink-haired girl to win )
I wanted Piyo-chan to win myself. Was the most manly character there I don't know why they picked Aoba.
Old 2008-03-19, 18:23   Link #1614
deltakano
1つの愛

This is clearly one of the lamest anime series ever made. 80% of all the 27 episodes (OVA's included) are just characters staring at random people or sceneries. The ending was just a slap in the face instead of the clicheed "choose one of the three girls" ending.

This series is a waste of time. DO NOT WATCH! (had to be emphasized with caps lock).

3/10
deltakano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 21:03   Link #1615
CCYoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltakano View Post
The ending was just a slap in the face instead of the clicheed "choose one of the three girls" ending.
As far as I know, he chose someone...maybe it wasn't direct enough (I was hoping for a kiss, to be honest) but there's definitely something going on between Aoba and the final girl.

Unless you would rather have a cliched ending...?

Quote:
This is clearly one of the lamest anime series ever made. 80% of all the 27 episodes (OVA's included) are just characters staring at random people or sceneries.
And I'm glad you watched all 27 episodes to make fully sure you hated it. It must be good for something then because it doesn't seem to fall into 'so bad it's good' territory for you.

I think you might be exaggerating too as I found TokiMemo one of the more entertainingly wild harem-style shows, as the side characters for me did a lot for injecting energy into the show; although the main relationship may be weak and painfully slow, which is what you may have hinted at, the secondary haremettes have great personality and development in the meantime, and the cast is broad and very funny.

(Maybe I got a lot of fun out of rooting for Mina as well. XD)

Perhaps you were expecting something with more profound development, a more plot-intense show like True Tears or one of the Key trinity (Air / Kanon / Clannad)? I will admit that this show is hit or miss, but I think what it involves most is getting the right mindset for an anime like this.

Please excuse me for trying to defend this series on home turf.

CCYoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 02:07   Link #1616
AnnexC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
I was also expecting some more insight to how Riku broke up with Tsukasa and Mina. I also expected to see some new scenes of after Riku transferred. The title "Episode 25.5" to me was misleading.

The episode also gave me the urge to rewatch the series, so the episode did do something right.
So maybe the intent of ep25.5 was to encourage people to revisit the entire series??? I liked the series, but have noticed that it has a somewhat ambivalent reputation - i guess the main issue was how everything was so drawn out, and that we never got to see Riku and Sayuri as a couple.

Last edited by AnnexC; 2008-03-20 at 02:27.
AnnexC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 10:56   Link #1617
deltakano
1つの愛

@CCYoshi

You're completely justified. I love any series that has a serious character development and a profound ending.
Tokimeki just stopped me in my tracks and go :O You've got to be kidding me. It's just the overall atmosphere the anime created that really irritated me. From the cheesy, clicheed single piano key songs to the undeserved attention the average protagonist received and the nonsensical yellow chick. The ending was inadequate since he just asked for an email address! Everyone knows that's not a "yes" to anything.

I "skimmed" through the whole series. If it's possible for me to get the gist of an episode by spending only 5 min to watch the whole thing, then it's not a good anime.

To each his own I guess.
deltakano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 08:03   Link #1618
FuzzyWuzzy

I liked it. It's not as deep or as moving 5cm per second or as funny as school rumble but the anime is still nice. It was worth watching all the episodes. How he went from a nobody to being someone dear to the people in the school was pretty cool. A transfer student with no friends ended up being a major part of the people's lives in the school is what I thought about in ep 23-25.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 08:12   Link #1619
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltakano View Post
I "skimmed" through the whole series. If it's possible for me to get the gist of an episode by spending only 5 min to watch the whole thing, then it's not a good anime.
Wow. I think that totally destroyed your credibility right there..

I mean, I thought Tokimeki was a nice, light watch. It was more like a light comedy than a serious romantic comedy/drama. I think it'd be missing the point to take any of it in a serious light. Because like others have said, none of the relationships really seemed to take off yet.

As for the whole 'skimming' thing, I think that totally goes against shows that is more about passing time with the characters rather than finding about some essential story turns for the plot, especially for something light like Tokimeki Only Love. Really. Skimming an anime? I think the very concept is silly. I can skim through all the anime and get the plot for most of them too. Does that make all anime bad? I guess it does.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 11:16   Link #1620
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ I agree...

Unless you watch everything then you pretty much don't understand to what extent it is either good or bad. Condensing a whole ep into 5 mins...You are basically missing out on all the development

Well if this isn't your type of series then you should just move on instead of having it waste your time thinking about it.

Tags
aic, aic a.s.t.a., comedy, drama, konami, romance, school life