AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-17, 08:11   Link #1761
Arturro

KLGChaos - welcome in the "haters" group!. I know you're not a hater really, and you was wishing that this manga will turn into something good, like I did. But you needed a little bit more time (chapters) to understand that authors is a kind of troll...

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 08:18   Link #1762
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
It annoys me that Nishio doesn't mention a lot about Medaka Box when they interview him but instead he solely focusses on his succes with Bakemonogatari. It's like the guy already gave up on this manga. I think that's why he doesn't care about dissapointing us the readers with such chapters.
What interviews? He didn't even attend his own Nisio Ishin anime project event which showed Bakemonogatari 14 and Katanagatari 1. As for him not talking about MB in interviews.. blame the interviewers... they ask the questions.. though it's obvious they would want to talk about Bake over Medaka Box since the former is one of the highest selling anime series ever and the latter is just another manga.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 08:27   Link #1763
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
What interviews? He didn't even attend his own Nisio Ishin anime project event which showed Bakemonogatari 14 and Katanagatari 1. As for him not talking about MB in interviews.. blame the interviewers... they ask the questions.. though it's obvious they would want to talk about Bake over Medaka Box since the former is one of the highest selling anime series ever and the latter is just another manga.
And that's supposed to be a reason for him not confronting interviewers when he doesn't go to his own events? Interviewers ask him about Bake'/Katan more then MB, true but when he reveals future plans, he doesn't mention about taking a new course with his manga Medaka Box or reveals any further plans about it. He only mentioned his novel serie Bakemonogatari and his new project Katanagatari.

That's what annoys me... him not bringing anything up about Medaka Box even though its running in the Weekly Jump and sells well in the charts when you mention the volumes.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 09:03   Link #1764
Westlo
Lets be reality

Seriously wanting Nisio to talk about Medaka Box is like wanting Tiger Woods to talk about his last golfing performance, noone cares, there's bigger things to talk about.

Also for his future plans for new Bake novels as well as the Zaregoto spinoff (the series that made him a light novel "god") is more important than MB.
Old 2009-12-17, 09:21   Link #1765
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Seriously wanting Nisio to talk about Medaka Box is like wanting Tiger Woods to talk about his last golfing performance, noone cares, there's bigger things to talk about.

Also for his future plans for new Bake novels as well as the Zaregoto spinoff (the series that made him a light novel "god") is more important than MB.
That's the problem. It's "who cares" about Medaka Box. It's why the manga's doing so poorly. If the mangaka doesn't care, then no one else will either.

My question is, what the hell is the point of making something if you don't care about it. It's just disrespectful to the fans.
Old 2009-12-17, 09:26   Link #1766
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
That's the problem. It's "who cares" about Medaka Box. It's why the manga's doing so poorly. If the mangaka doesn't care, then no one else will either.

My question is, what the hell is the point of making something if you don't care about it. It's just disrespectful to the fans.
I think I'll just ignore this question and talk about something else because that's what you guys want Nisio to do when people are asking him about stuff that isn't Medaka Box.

If noone is asking him about it (due to other things being more popular) why would he talk about it? Are these "interviews" even real ffs? I ted to think they would've made their way to the Bakemonogatari forum if they were...

This is all the Nisio things from his own anime event (oh he should've talked about his manga at this anime event too yeah!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Regarding Nisio-sensei
  • I didn't come today because I dislike place full of people. (Letter)
  • Writing novel is fun because it's able to do alone. On the contrary the anime is fun because everyone have to cooperate. (Letter)
  • Nisio-sensei always presence for commentary dubbing, looking really happy.
  • If the commentary is too long to fit it will be cut, but if it's too short Nisio-sensei will just re-write the script in the dubbing studio.
Old 2009-12-17, 10:31   Link #1767
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
As much of a troll that Nishio is starting to become, it's still no where near as high as Kubo.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 10:43   Link #1768
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
As much of a troll that Nishio is starting to become, it's still no where near as high as Kubo.
And yet somehow Kubo does well in the rankings.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 12:01   Link #1769
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Medaka finishes the fight on her own after all. Her healing ability must be approaching Wolverine levels.

Well, nice to get this guy's reasons and back story. Plus we didn't have to waste an entire chapter on it like a certain other manga.

I admit I wasn't expecting an all out slug fest between them both lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
And yet somehow Kubo does well in the rankings.
Kubo waited a few years before his average writing turned into bad writing full of wall bangers. He captured the fan base for Bleach and he can apparently do all kinds of contradicting crap and still sell more than Reborn and Gintama. Granted Bleach has less of a stranglehold on the #3 spot ranking wise compared to earlier.

No other WSJ mangaka is anywhere near Kubo in that regard. Not even Kishimoto.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 12:21   Link #1770
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstorm View Post
Medaka finishes the fight on her own after all. Her healing ability must be approaching Wolverine levels.

Well, nice to get this guy's reasons and back story. Plus we didn't have to waste an entire chapter on it like a certain other manga.

Kubo waited a few years before his average writing turned into bad writing full of wall bangers. He captured the fan base for Bleach and he can apparently do all kinds of contradicting crap and still sell more than Reborn and Gintama. Granted Bleach has less of a stranglehold on the #3 spot ranking wise compared to earlier.

I think I dropped Bleach about 6 months ago. I held on for a LONG time, but there's only so much I can take of the same battle repeated over and over again. I swear, the Rescue Orohime arc was act the same as the Soul Society arc with Rukia, except with a lot more people and a longer fight. Just wasn't worth it anymore.

Medaka Box is starting to get into the repetitive territory, which was one of my biggest fears. I kept predicting that every major battle will end up the same as the Unzen fight, and sure enough, it's followed that same pattern.

There really isn't a need for any other character besides Medaka right now. Hell, despite what was said in the first chapter about her needing Zenkichi by her side, it's a complete load of crap from what we've been shown. I'll start believing it true when Zen leaves her side and she turns into a mess of goo or something... when I check up on it in about 30 chapters or so (if it lasts that long, which judging by tank sales, it might).
Old 2009-12-17, 14:04   Link #1771
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstorm View Post

Kishimoto is worse, IMO. While Bleach doesn't really excite me anymore it doesn't piss me off either. I'm indifferent. Naruto, on the other hand, every chapter makes me wish I could unread it. Kishimoto trolled his main character almost as bad as Nishio trolled Zen.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 14:41   Link #1772
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Medaka Box is starting to get into the repetitive territory, which was one of my biggest fears. I kept predicting that every major battle will end up the same as the Unzen fight, and sure enough, it's followed that same pattern.
Wait, what . . . how many fights have there been since Unzen? One, two? The king dude wasn't really a fight. He just got knocked off the building by Zen . . . And then Hard Wrapping (love that name). Unzen's battle was major because it was the first against someone on Medaka's level, and the introduction to abnormals and a grander scheme, plus he was seriously about to kill everyone. <_< But, the other two . . . one isn't a battle, and the other can hardly be considered major. The first guy you meet in the enemy's base can't really be a major fight, can it? >_> It seems a little early for you to be calling this repetitive. Edit: I forgot about Unzen's sister, but, that's because it wasn't major either. Note that Medaka didn't finish that fight.

Also,
Spoiler:

Has whoever has been translating this started to hate it, too? The translations used to come out faster than they have been . . .
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 14:51   Link #1773
Napoleon's Hat

Spoiler for Chapter 32 Raws:
Napoleon's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 15:23   Link #1774
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Wait, what . . . how many fights have there been since Unzen? One, two? The king dude wasn't really a fight. He just got knocked off the building by Zen . . . And then Hard Wrapping (love that name). Unzen's battle was major because it was the first against someone on Medaka's level, and the introduction to abnormals and a grander scheme, plus he was seriously about to kill everyone. <_< But, the other two . . . one isn't a battle, and the other can hardly be considered major. The first guy you meet in the enemy's base can't really be a major fight, can it? >_> It seems a little early for you to be calling this repetitive. Edit: I forgot about Unzen's sister, but, that's because it wasn't major either. Note that Medaka didn't finish that fight.

Also,
Spoiler:

Has whoever has been translating this started to hate it, too? The translations used to come out faster than they have been . . .
Yeah, I exaggerated a little on the fighting thing, but it still follows the same formula since the beginning whenever there's a major issue. Problem comes up > Medaka solves it herself without any help from the others. It's the same old formula and it's made me lose pretty much all interest in the manga. Medaka is literally carrying the manga herself and it's just not working for me, especially when I find the rest of the cast far more interesting than I do her (not a fan of God Mode Sue's in the first place, even less so when they're handled poorly like Medaka has been).
Old 2009-12-17, 18:52   Link #1775
Sol Falling

Medaka going DBZ with Unzen was alright, it was the part where she went and pwned all the enforcer underlings before Zen and company could touch them that really made me rage. Even though Medaka did fall down and seemed like she couldn't fight, I don't know that this fight really set up a similar level of expectation that Zen-tachi would do something. I guess I can understand the feeling of having been trolled again, though.

Anyway, I think DJ Trouble's got the right idea. It's stuff like Hard Wrapping's ridiculous name, weird abilities like 'the weight of words', and crazy awesome stuff like dodging a car crash while inside the car (and taking this idea seriously) that Medaka Box has to offer. I still haven't touched anything of his aside from Medaka Box and Bakemonogatari, but from what I have seen so far there is something recognizably 'Nisio-esque' about Medaka Box's world and abilities and characters, and that's what is keeping me reading right now.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 20:05   Link #1776
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
No, he had other issues to attend to.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 22:13   Link #1777
typhonsentra

Wait wait... the Bakemonogatari guy writes this!? Would've never guessed.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 23:02   Link #1778
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Medaka going DBZ with Unzen was alright, it was the part where she went and pwned all the enforcer underlings before Zen and company could touch them that really made me rage. Even though Medaka did fall down and seemed like she couldn't fight, I don't know that this fight really set up a similar level of expectation that Zen-tachi would do something. I guess I can understand the feeling of having been trolled again, though.

Anyway, I think DJ Trouble's got the right idea. It's stuff like Hard Wrapping's ridiculous name, weird abilities like 'the weight of words', and crazy awesome stuff like dodging a car crash while inside the car (and taking this idea seriously) that Medaka Box has to offer. I still haven't touched anything of his aside from Medaka Box and Bakemonogatari, but from what I have seen so far there is something recognizably 'Nisio-esque' about Medaka Box's world and abilities and characters, and that's what is keeping me reading right now.
Yeah, and maybe it's all the weirdness that's turning me off to the manga. I can deal with the weird and strange, but when it's emphasized over character development and growth, it's a huge turn off for me. It's similar with mangas that emphasize ecchi over development-- after a while, I lost a ton of interest in TLR because it stalled so bad and just became a softcore hentai (understandably with the real life issues going on with the artist) and I was getting ready to drop it when it ended. It's also the same reason I dropped Bleach-- too much fighting, no story or character development.

MB just makes it worse because the one character that gets any development at all, I don't really like, while the character I do gets none (or so little it might as well be), so it's doubly bad.
Old 2009-12-17, 23:07   Link #1779
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Wait wait... the Bakemonogatari guy writes this!? Would've never guessed.
Well even the best writers have their duds once in awhile.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 08:26   Link #1780
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I'm beginning to wonder if Nishio is really trying to beat the whole "if you try hard, you can do anything" cliche into our heads by using Medaka and Zen as examples. Just look at the way things are going:

Medaka, with her "try hard" attitude can do anything she wants.

Meanwhile, Zenkichi, with the exception of a few rare incidents that involve protecting Medaka, has done pretty much everything in the manga half-heartedly. Examples:

1) Medaka's Stripping-- I can sort of sympathize with him on this one (who wouldn't want to see some big-breasted hot chick half-naked all the time?). However, if it really bothered him like it seems, he should do more than just argue with her about it a little and then drop it. Walk out, put a jacket on her, keep arguing.

2) The Swim Team arc-- During the first part, he just left the pool with Akune because he'd just get in the way. Didn't even bother trying and decided to let Medaka do all the work. When it came to the swim race, he'd rather argue with Akune than actually try to win.

3) The Unzen fight-- Never lifted a finger to even try and help Medaka, despite her being (supposedly) badly injured.

4) The Door of Rejection-- Didn't even try to get through. Considered it impossible right away.

5) Hard Wrapping fight-- See Unzen fight. Content sitting on the sidelines while Medaka fought. Never tried to help her outside of the initial pounce. I think she tells him to stay away at one point, but he should have said "Screw that" and helped her anyway. He just listened and gave up.

6) Understanding Medaka-- He said it himself-- he's never even tried to understand Medaka and still hasn't. If he really loves her, you think he'd put some effort into understanding her.

7) Dog retrieval-- Was going to just give up until Shiranui manipulated him into doing it (and then subsequently got eaten).

8) The Judo Fight-- Again, he went half-heartedly against Akune until Medaka stepped in.

The only time Zen has ever "tried" at anything, were taking down the deliquent who ran against Medaka for the presidency, the final point in the Judo match when Medaka threatened to cry, and against King when he went after Medaka-- all to protect Medaka. When it comes to everything else, he just acts pathetic and doesn't even bother trying because he automatically assumes it's either impossible or not worth it.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-12-18 at 10:53.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council