Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-07-26, 10:01   Link #201
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I. I can't believe they actually...
Its japan, they even cheerleader dance to "we will rock you by queen" so yeah..
Old 2010-09-25, 23:52   Link #202
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

I've been looking on serebii at some of the Gen V pokemon's stats, and I happened to notice that a lot of the new pokemon evolve at relatively high levels compared to previous games. (Here's an example here Washibon, the pre-evo of Wargle, probably the most badass pokemon of Gen V, doesn't evolve into Wargle until level 54.)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 02:31   Link #203
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I've been looking on serebii at some of the Gen V pokemon's stats, and I happened to notice that a lot of the new pokemon evolve at relatively high levels compared to previous games. (Here's an example here Washibon, the pre-evo of Wargle, probably the most badass pokemon of Gen V, doesn't evolve into Wargle until level 54.)
A reason to raise more Pokemon to high levels, then. Interesting.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 03:40   Link #204
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
A reason to raise more Pokemon to high levels, then. Interesting.
Interesting indeed. Despite the lower level curve than Sinnoh, (the curve is less than Hoenn, but more than Johto) I can definitely say that I'm that impressed with pokemon's first romp IN AMERICA! And I really can't wait for a chance to play it myself and try out all of the new type combo's, (Ground-Dark, Fire-Psychic, Fire-Ghost, Bug-Electric, Bug-Fire, Normal-Grass, Dark-Fighting, Dark-Steel, Dark-Dragon, Ground-Electric, Dragon-Electric, Steel-Fighting, Rock-Fighting, Normal-Fighting, Pure Flying, Water-Ghost, Ground-Ghost, Grass-Steel, Dragon-Ice, and Normal-Psychic.). I also have a few guesses on what's coming next, such as: The third version being Gray Version (There's a third Legendary dragon Kyuremu that seems to be related to Reshiram and Zekrom.), and the area Gen VI might be based around the Boston Area. (It's close to New York city, which isshu region is based on, if they wanna do an "American Version" of Gold and Silver, and it also offers more opportunities for sea routes than the New York version with all of little Islands in Boston Harbor.)
Old 2010-09-26, 12:58   Link #205
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Bibarrel approves of B&W.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-26, 13:07   Link #206
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Notice they took out all the TM for the mid level Elemental moves.

Unfortunately they also took out the only Dragon "Special Move" available as TM

Anyone know how to migrate your Pokemon form the previous gen yet?
Old 2010-09-26, 21:26   Link #207
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Anyone know how to migrate your Pokemon form the previous gen yet?
There's a version of pal park available after you get the NatDex. (Different minigame to catch the pokemon, and none of the pal park limitations in previous games.)
Old 2010-09-28, 11:55   Link #208
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
There's a version of pal park available after you get the NatDex. (Different minigame to catch the pokemon, and none of the pal park limitations in previous games.)
to get the NatDex don't i have to completely the RegionDex and if so, how do i get Zorua? Don't i have to import one of the Beast Trio to get Zorua?
Old 2010-09-28, 12:23   Link #209
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
to get the NatDex don't i have to completely the RegionDex and if so, how do i get Zorua? Don't i have to import one of the Beast Trio to get Zorua?
I'm not sure if you have to complete the region dex like the last games. My guess is that you don't have to this time around.
Old 2010-09-28, 14:53   Link #210
ChainLegacy
廉頗

So what exactly is so innovative about this entry? Didn't the original news of this claim it would revolutionize the series? Or was that just rhetoric from Nintendo? I'm reading the region is based on America, and the prof. is female, not exactly the type of big changes one would hope for... though I guess it is kind of cool.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 15:12   Link #211
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
So what exactly is so innovative about this entry? Didn't the original news of this claim it would revolutionize the series? Or was that just rhetoric from Nintendo? I'm reading the region is based on America, and the prof. is female, not exactly the type of big changes one would hope for... though I guess it is kind of cool.
the final form of the starters are pretty nice. However statwise, Infernoape/Swampert/Venusaur still ruls as the top of the starters.

We might see actual innovation in the 3rd game which i suspect will be 3DS exclusive.
Old 2010-09-28, 15:26   Link #212
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
So what exactly is so innovative about this entry?
Everything.

They actually changed the story for once beyond fighting Champion and becoming the world champion. Graphics got a major update with a really neat 2.5D style. Gameplay has been updated alot with rotation battles on top of 6v6 and double battles.

Tons of new type combinations and major tweaks to vs and wifi battles, major updates to some older Pokemon through new abilities granted through the Dream World uplink. They threw in Pokemon Musicals as a replacement for Pokemon contests. For your first run through you will only ever meet 5th Pokemon till post game so it actually is a new continent instead of Geodudes everywhere. Oh and really nice music.

On a somewhat unrelated note it seems B&W has a chance of being the most successful opening game release internationally in gaming history. Its already broken the world Top 12 with only its Japan release accounted for, its already predicted to hit 4mil+ after it goes international which would put it second only after Modern Warfare 2.
Old 2010-09-28, 15:30   Link #213
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
The Pokemon kind of move around a little during battles. That and "Dream World" are the only really "new" things beyond the obviously new Pokemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
They actually changed the story for once beyond fighting Champion and becoming the world champion.
What exactly is different? You still get the 8 badges, still fight an evil group, still fight to become the champion, and still save the world, as we've done since gen3.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 15:39   Link #214
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
What exactly is different? You still get the 8 badges, still fight an evil group, still fight to become the champion, and still save the world, as we've done since gen3.
You don't even fight the Champion till long after post game for one thing and attempted a tiny bit of character development for the main enemy for once?
Old 2010-09-28, 15:44   Link #215
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
You don't even fight the Champion till long after post game for one thing and attempted a tiny bit of character development for the main enemy for once?
didn't they try that in GenIV with Cyrus' grandfather?
Old 2010-09-28, 15:48   Link #216
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Yeah and also sort of did the same for the rival in HGSS. The event for Celebi actually let you travel back in time and and do a event showing you how your rival became an ass.

But in Black & White its less of a side thing and more direct story, at least the Isshu Gym Leaders get involved in the final showdown instead of sitting around on their asses all day for once.
Old 2010-09-28, 16:58   Link #217
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this time if I get into this gen it will probably be whenever the third game. Not really a fan of the starters this time around nor actually most of this gen's pokemon . Without that what changes they did make aren't enough to really get me to grab it day 1.
Old 2010-09-28, 17:09   Link #218
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well this time if I get into this gen it will probably be whenever the third game. Not really a fan of the starters this time around nor actually most of this gen's pokemon . Without that what changes they did make aren't enough to really get me to grab it day 1.
the starters look better but stat wise....

1. the smug looking grass lizard is basically a faster chikorita = USELESS
2. Bacon - Fire/Fighting, i rank it the least of the 5 fire starters. it is basically a slower ver of Magamator with Fighting. Completely outclass by the previous 4 gen of Fire Starters.
3. The sea otter thingy tried for a balance Phy and Spe Attack but is too slow. I rank it with Totodaile, Useless.

Infernoape/Swampert/Venusaur still ranks as number #1 of the starters. I started off with the FirePig but i am looking to replace it with the first decent fire pokemon i capture.
Old 2010-09-28, 17:21   Link #219
GDB

Quote:
3. The sea otter thingy tried for a balance Phy and Spe Attack but is too slow. I rank it with Totodaile, Useless.
He's Feraligatr with better Special Attack by a lot, and slightly better overall in stats too. However, unlike Feraligatr, he cannot use Agility.

Quote:
Infernoape/Swampert/Venusaur still ranks as number #1 of the starters.
Could've sworn I just read someone post this exact statement on Smogon or somewhere. Like, in the last 20min.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 17:23   Link #220
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He's Feraligatr with better Special Attack by a lot, and slightly better overall in stats too. However, unlike Feraligatr, he cannot use Agility.
still useless,

Quote:
Could've sworn I just read someone post this exact statement on Smogon or somewhere. Like, in the last 20min.
because it is true.

Tags
nintendo, pokemon black and white, rpg