Notices

Old 2011-06-24, 17:12   Link #3741
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
ch 103 is out

Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by Soji; 2011-06-24 at 17:49.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 19:12   Link #3742
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Ah, that...

Spoiler for Chapter 103:

Last edited by Doc Astaroth; 2011-06-24 at 19:35.
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 21:02   Link #3743
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Ah, that...

Spoiler for Chapter 103:
A Not-Equal, I thought there we're only two? And now we find out that there are MILLIONS of them?

The Not-Equals we've seen are a a Miko(Ajimu) a virtually faceless Yakuza(Hanten) and now a nurse? Nisio is going through a lot of characters for superpowered teenagers to dress the part for.

But seriously, we've actually met two new Abnormals since Ajimu showed up, and now another Not-Equal? Where are the Minuses? The idea of Negative Abnormals really helped the story. And the manga improved ever since Misogi, Mukae, Shibuki and Gagamaru were introduced.

Where the hell are the rest of Class -13. We know the rest of the Minuses have formed a class, but we haven't seen any of them. Would it kill Nisio to introduce some new Minuses?

Last edited by Last Carpet; 2011-06-24 at 22:10.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 23:59   Link #3744
Xion Valkyrie

Wait, if 1/10th of the population is already !=, then what's the point of stopping the plan? This seems like it's the natural course for humans to take...
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 00:56   Link #3745
Sol Falling

Ajimu's plan isn't to make everybody 'Not Equals'. Remember, the Flask Plan's goal is to (via some artificial means) make everybody (as in, every human) perfect and therefore the same. So, semantically, you could probably say that what Ajimu actually wants is for everybody to be 'equal'. Strictly speaking, the fact that 1/10th of the human population is definitively 'Not Equal' might be the reason why the Flask Plan is necessary in the first place.

As for Medaka and why she's opposing them, remember that Medaka does not believe in 'genius' or 'talent' and always says that 'hard work can achieve anything'. So, the Flask Plan is not really about working hard. It's about making it so that everybody has the same level of ability as others so that there is no longer any need for struggles or competition. At least thus far, this is my understanding of Medaka's conflict with the Flask Plan now run by Ajimu.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 02:17   Link #3746
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Ah, that...

Spoiler for Chapter 103:
Thanks for the translation
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-06-26, 01:10   Link #3747
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
This week Medaka Box is 8th.

*maniacal laughter*
It was 6th actually, for the 3rd time in a row.

666, Nisio the devil!

Can someone say which chapters they were based on?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 07:24   Link #3748
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It was 6th actually, for the 3rd time in a row.

666, Nisio the devil!

Can someone say which chapters they were based on?
93, 94 & 95, which comprises Ajimu's comeback and her intent to reboot the Flask Plan, the Student Council trying to find reliable successors to preserve the good name of the academy and the introduction of the 5 "normal" chicks.

Last edited by Homura7; 2011-06-26 at 07:56.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 03:19   Link #3749
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I don't know about the rest of you, but this manga is getting lame.

Confusing and too many characters lately......behind translations aren't helping much either.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 21:09   Link #3750
Grey

Spoiler for Chapter 103:
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 06:31   Link #3751
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Thanks for the translation
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for 103:
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 06:58   Link #3752
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
A Not-Equal, I thought there we're only two? And now we find out that there are MILLIONS of them?

The Not-Equals we've seen are a a Miko(Ajimu) a virtually faceless Yakuza(Hanten) and now a nurse? Nisio is going through a lot of characters for superpowered teenagers to dress the part for.

But seriously, we've actually met two new Abnormals since Ajimu showed up, and now another Not-Equal? Where are the Minuses? The idea of Negative Abnormals really helped the story. And the manga improved ever since Misogi, Mukae, Shibuki and Gagamaru were introduced.

Where the hell are the rest of Class -13. We know the rest of the Minuses have formed a class, but we haven't seen any of them. Would it kill Nisio to introduce some new Minuses?
I think that the Minuses are awesome and are the true bad guys or antagonists will always be them.

The minus make you think and feel. By that I mean there stories are effective and give us something to chew on. Emakue thought that she might be better of dead, scar dead is a disturbed character who once gave a lecture about how it feels to be bullied. ex. licking someones shoe.

They are obvious victims, they are losers, but you cant truly beat them because they are losers who will come at you at a whim it doesn't matter to them if they lose. They provide a special challenge to the main characters. Unlike specials, normal, abnormals and not-equals, beating them up doesn't really mean you win we saw that after scar dead fight, Kumagawa was going to retread just to mess with medaka`s dream with.

Class -13 is the authors trump card for telling an emotional story. But he had a problem, he could not effectively tell that story in the scope of the flask plan, since Kumagawa although having his own goals was still kind of working for the flask plan.

This arc gives nishi a chance to introduce what I think is the final type of person(not-equal) and end the flask plan story-line, to start something knew.
If he want to keep this manga fresh and long-running he has to change things up, expand the character roster, give us a sense of mystery, etc.

I love this manga, I wish it was more popular, and get as much debate on forums as Naruto. I honestly look forward to this more that Naruto. In this manga I dont have a character that I hate or feel like bashing, In this manga the characters I should hate are my favorite(kumagawa and the minus)

I could go on forever talking about the minus and how they will be used. But I will stop here. And I hope we somehow catch up soon. Good luck with translations dr. and good speed!
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 11:07   Link #3753
Westlo
Lets be reality

Ranked 9th this week and is getting a color page the next issue, don't know if that's for the poll or not.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 15:48   Link #3754
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So after reading chapter 98 (translated), just what is with that eyepatch girl and Akune?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 18:43   Link #3755
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
So after reading chapter 98 (translated), just what is with that eyepatch girl and Akune?
She admired him back when he was the "Destroyer", but now she resents him for going soft.
Old 2011-07-01, 04:02   Link #3756
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

The 10th collected edition of Medaka Box came out recently in Japan. If you remove the covers, the inside flaps sometimes have normal art and sometimes have gags. The 10th volume is definitely a gag, as we see Emukae on her hands and knees making miso for Zenkichi. A *lot* of miso. While doing a huge text bubble's worth of dialogue similar to her rant about what her married life with Zenkichi would be like after she met him. Zenkichi is peering in through a window at her, vaguely terrified.

Sadly, for some reason the Japanese volume has the dialogue in Japanese, so I'm not sure what it says.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 13:15   Link #3757
Last Carpet

Spoiler for ch104:
Old 2011-07-01, 13:35   Link #3758
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Spoiler for ch104:
Spoiler for spoiler 104:
Old 2011-07-02, 01:49   Link #3759
Doc Astaroth

And again...

Spoiler for Chapter 104:
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 02:47   Link #3760
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Kumagawa sure have a lot of fans ^^;

Somehow, I'd like Akane to win this contest.
As far as I've seen, he is the one who always holding back.
I really want to see him at his full strength.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council