AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-09-18, 14:37   Link #4641
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

well, Murrue did retire at the end of SEED too (from what was shown in Destiny), so nothing prevents her from sitting in the captains seat again
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 15:06   Link #4642
Destined_Fate

I suppose but that poor lady needs a rest with Mwu since they've been denied peace until the end of Destiny.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 16:09   Link #4643
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
well, Murrue did retire at the end of SEED too (from what was shown in Destiny), so nothing prevents her from sitting in the captains seat again
You know... during my early entry of Destiny, I almost, almost thought she and Andy were going to hook up.

Then Mwu showed up. Its funny how he'd lose all the memories regarding the Archangel, but retain his perversion, especially concerning Murrue

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 22:23   Link #4644
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You know... during my early entry of Destiny, I almost, almost thought she and Andy were going to hook up.
- Tak
Same here.

Setting them up together is probably one of the obvious & coolest things this series didn't do (and reviving Mwu as Neo isn't cool at all). Both are mature people who lost their loved ones and has been (living) together since the end of SEED. It's normal if they're attracted to each other coz they share the same sympathy.
Old 2012-09-18, 22:27   Link #4645
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Fully agree, even though Mwu's survival was a total asspull, i still think he should've survived SEED (although in a different way, lets hope the REMASTER fixes it)
Old 2012-09-18, 22:31   Link #4646
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Her role is better served as a Captain/supporter since it's what she does better than any of the other cast members. Since Murrue is retired at the end of Destiny with Mwu it kinda leaves only Lacus left to be the Captain of a ship for the team unless they want to introduce a bunch of new characters on top of the new ones that will be needed for the 3 mains to trash.
unless plan GS series the next generation of mu & murrue have own kid now 16-18yrs or likely if main 4 get own kids for future of GS era.

hey make lead being a FEMALE gundam pilot.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 22:40   Link #4647
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Same here.

Setting them up together is probably one of the obvious & coolest things this series didn't do (and reviving Mwu as Neo isn't cool at all). Both are mature people who lost their loved ones and has been (living) together since the end of SEED. It's normal if they're attracted to each other coz they share the same sympathy.
Quote:
Fully agree, even though Mwu's survival was a total asspull, i still think he should've survived SEED (although in a different way, lets hope the REMASTER fixes it)
But to be fair, in the SEED specials, he was hinted to have survived. Then again, if they went with the Andy x Murrue direction, adding a revived Mwu to spice things up, then maybe... just maybe we wouldn't have to deal with so much reused scenes, eh?

IMO, I thought it was a completely missed opportunity.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 23:20   Link #4648
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Mu surviving the Strike Gundam's destruction doesn't bother me as much as the shield he used to protect the Archangel putting up a decent defense against the Dominon's positron blaster.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 23:37   Link #4649
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But to be fair, in the SEED specials, he was hinted to have survived. Then again, if they went with the Andy x Murrue direction, adding a revived Mwu to spice things up, then maybe... just maybe we wouldn't have to deal with so much reused scenes, eh?

IMO, I thought it was a completely missed opportunity.

- Tak
Nah, the stock footage would've still been there, all fuku and moro's fault.

Yeah, they did retcon it with the SE's, but i'd like to see it redone in a better way for the REMASTER, Think Char's Hyaku shiki at the end of Zeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Mu surviving the Strike Gundam's destruction doesn't bother me as much as the shield he used to protect the Archangel putting up a decent defense against the Dominon's positron blaster.
Did we ever see the shield break against beams? honestly that wasnt my biggest problem with that part, it would be nice if they had a small scene with the engineers saying they added heavy anti-beam coating on it or something like tat.

The big problem i had with that part was the Strike melting apart, then you see it whole parts of it a few scenes later. Like the head being intact when it was melted off and such.

Oh, not to mention the entire thing blew up.

But, they did do some amazing things with the REMASTER sofar, and the actual scene itself doesnt really need to be redone, just the part about the helmet and .. well, the strike melting/blowing up.
Old 2012-09-19, 03:55   Link #4650
Aquaman OS

In the series airing there was a shot of Mwu's shattered helmet floating amongst the wreckage when Murrue was screaming his name pretty much confirming he was dead. Later in the opening of the finale ep Rau flies by and also sees it and looks momentarily shocked/disapointed. In the special edition, and oddly enough the US release, those shots were altered to remove the helmet. Obviously, in the Remaster they'll do the same thing.

Which is why everyone immediately knew who Neo really was the instant he appeared.

They can't really alter it anymore, because the story was the EA picked him floating in space, and turned him over to Jibril.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 05:10   Link #4651
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Seems unlikely since that would kill a SEED Destiny Remaster considering what Mwu does in Destiny. At most we can hope for them showing us how Mwu survives and is retrieved by the Feds for brainwashing as Murrue thinks he's dead.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 05:18   Link #4652
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
In the series airing there was a shot of Mwu's shattered helmet floating amongst the wreckage when Murrue was screaming his name pretty much confirming he was dead. Later in the opening of the finale ep Rau flies by and also sees it and looks momentarily shocked/disapointed. In the special edition, and oddly enough the US release, those shots were altered to remove the helmet. Obviously, in the Remaster they'll do the same thing.

They can't really alter it anymore, because the story was the EA picked him floating in space, and turned him over to Jibril.
Most of us already know that, Aquaman .

What we hope from the Remaster is that at least it changes how Mu “dies” AKA change that melting-and-blown-up-Strike scene. Unlike Andrew’s LaGOWE where we only saw the explosion from afar and it happened on earth, we clearly saw Strike slowly melting and blown up into smithereens in space where survival is 100-times more difficult than on earth. The Strike melting and blowing up alone is a more than enough confirmation that no human being can ever survive that. Thus, we don’t even need a broken helmet to confirm that Mu’s (supposed to be) very much dead.

Once again, we want at least that Strike scene to be changed by the Remaster to make Mu’s survival more believable.
Old 2012-09-19, 08:27   Link #4653
Washu-Chan