AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 15 23.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 33.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 29.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 04:19   Link #61
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Hmmm...I like Sae, don't know what's wrong with you guys.

Spoiler:

As far as Aono is concerned I'm with Skyfall on this one. I'm not too sure how much "logic" I did apply to come to the same conclusion though.
Old 2007-05-27, 04:31   Link #62
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Mayuko made that comment as in, "Was he the target you're after?" Not because she knew him.

Cheers.
I guess that's where the translation versions differ. I used Lunar's version.

"Was it him?" implies a prior relationship with Matsuri for Yorito, Takeshi and Mayuko.

"Was he the target you're after?" implies that Mayuko doesn't know that they are after Matsuri and doesn't know Matsuri. This would also mean that Matsuri revived a total stranger which is not likely imo.
Old 2007-05-27, 04:50   Link #63
Mueti
あ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

"Was it him?" implies a prior relationship with Matsuri for Yorito, Takeshi and Mayuko.

"Was he the target you're after?" implies that Mayuko doesn't know that they are after Matsuri and doesn't know Matsuri. This would also mean that Matsuri revived a total stranger which is not likely imo.
I don't think the translation really makes much of a difference here, "Was it him?" doesn't necessarily imply a prior relationship between them. It could as well mean "Was it him (you were after)?". It's just a more literal translation of what she actually said (「彼なの?」).
Old 2007-05-27, 05:02   Link #64
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:

Erm... it has nothing to do with difference in translations. It was "Was it him?" in [Doremi]'s version as well. Mueti explains further. My post was an elaboration on what she meant, and not quoted from the subtitles.

Takeshi's response is important here in terms of context. His reply wouldn't make much sense if Mayuko was trying to state that she knew Yorito personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
I don't think the translation really makes much of a difference here, "Was it him?" doesn't necessarily imply a prior relationship between them. It could as well mean "Was it him (you were after)?". It's just a more literal translation of what she actually said (「彼なの?」).
To be more precise, "Was it him whom you were after?"

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-27, 05:17   Link #65
Mueti
あ!

Quote:
To be more precise, "Was it him whom you were after?"
Oh, yes of course, thanks for the correction. ^^

I'm starting to wonder just how long they'll keep waiting before we're provided with the background we need to understand all of their actions. Maybe there finally will be some sort of revelation if Yorito interrupts the two girls' fighting next time.
Old 2007-05-27, 06:24   Link #66
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2007-05-27, 06:35   Link #67
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Spoiler for Reply:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-27, 06:47   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-27, 07:07   Link #69
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Matsuri and Aono:
Old 2007-05-27, 07:32   Link #70
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Spoiler for Matsuri and Aono:
Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2007-05-27, 08:03   Link #71
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-27, 08:09   Link #72
kct

Quote:
Spoiler for Reply:
Spoiler for more lulz?:
Old 2007-05-27, 08:40   Link #73
orion

Quote:
That would be right if the target was male but the target is female. So using that statement and implying "target" would mean that Mayuko doesn't know who the target is. That is unlikely as they have been together for a while looking for the target imo.

Of course, we have 5 episodes for this to play out and see all the relationships.
Old 2007-05-27, 08:46   Link #74
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
That would be right if the target was male but the target is female. So using that statement and implying "target" would mean that Mayuko doesn't know who the target is. That is unlikely as they have been together for a while looking for the target imo.

Of course, we have 5 episodes for this to play out and see all the relationships.
? What is your current episode in terms of watched fansubbed episodes? It has been already been explicitly stated (especially in Ep07) that Mayuko does NOT know who the Yaka is (up to the point where she finally meets Matsuri at least), nor has there been any direct indication that she even knows what gender is it.

Takeshi has been withholding information from her ALL this time, which is WHY she decided to run away from Takeshi in the first place.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-27, 09:02   Link #75
orion

Actually, the lack of use of the Yaka's name implies nothing imo. For all we know, Takeshi could have a problem with hearing that name (gets raging mad, blah, blah, blah) and told her not to mention that name ever again. If Matsuri did revive Mayuko, then she knows Mayuko and Mayuko knows her.

That's why I said let's wait and see how the others are really related.
Old 2007-05-27, 09:34   Link #76
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Actually, the lack of use of the Yaka's name implies nothing imo. For all we know, Takeshi could have a problem with hearing that name (gets raging mad, blah, blah, blah) and told her not to mention that name ever again. If Matsuri did revive Mayuko, then she knows Mayuko and Mayuko knows her.

That's why I said let's wait and see how the others are really related.
You're starting to confuse between knowing Matsuri as a person, and knowing Matsuri as a Yaka.

It is entirely possible for Mayuko to know Matsuri, but NOT know that she is a Yaka (just like how Mana knows about the existence of Yakas, but not know that Aono is one). This ties in handily with Takeshi withholding information from her, because he will not want to traumatise her, if this is the case.

When Mayuko queries about the Yaka, it is not in knowledge of knowing who the Yaka is. Who the Yaka is, is irrelevant to the point of Mayuko not knowing the Yaka's identity, and an entirely separate issue.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-27, 10:29   Link #77
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Nah. When they turned her into a manipulating shotapedo, her moe potential went downhill imo.
Absolutely wrong. In fact, she's shooting up in the meter of Skane-sama's favourite subcategory of moe; Psycho-Moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icerack View Post
Sae is annoying, IMO.
Imagine someone scraping her fingernails across a blackboard.

That is what Sae's voice keeps doing to me. >_<

Now, now. I'm honestly quite bemused at the Matsuri vs. Aono war of attrition, here. Did this place become the Shuffle! forum while I was away?
Old 2007-05-27, 10:33   Link #78
PastPrime

Quote:
You're starting to confuse between knowing Matsuri as a person, and knowing Matsuri as a Yaka.

It is entirely possible for Mayuko to know Matsuri, but NOT know that she is a Yaka (just like how Mana knows about the existence of Yakas, but not know that Aono is one). This ties in handily with Takeshi withholding information from her, because he will not want to traumatise her, if this is the case.

When Mayuko queries about the Yaka, it is not in knowledge of knowing who the Yaka is. Who the Yaka is, is irrelevant to the point of Mayuko not knowing the Yaka's identity, and an entirely separate issue.

Cheers.
Basically, that was the impression that I got. Mayuko thought that Matsuri and the Yaka were two different people. She didn't realize that the Yaka that Takeshi was trying to kill was Matsuri, who she wanted to talk to.
Old 2007-05-27, 11:04   Link #79
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Now, now. I'm honestly quite bemused at the Matsuri vs. Aono war of attrition, here. Did this place become the Shuffle! forum while I was away?
Me too. I'm amazed by how people try to judge a character based on his/her moral standings and in direct comparison with reality, when we're talking about a fictional story...

Character development, even more in anime, is not about moral standings. It's about development, people.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-27, 11:30   Link #80
kct

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Character development, even more in anime, is not about moral standings. It's about development, people.
In some cases, it is more like about how we interpret the development of the character (and the end result of it) as a whole, whether it is good, or not. However, however fictional is a work, there is sometimes instances opinions are influenced by what we see in real life, and as far as some of the people put here, what Aono has been doing is not right in the moral context, whatever is her intention (drama's started, and there's no turning back).

This is getting deep >_> . Man, I want the good times to return.
Closed Thread