AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-31, 16:33   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll admit the "shingo-ramen-whither-petoko" scene during the beauty contest just seemed kind of ... odd. The emotion was very heartfelt and I know it meant he just wanted to continue doing the "slice of life" stuff with her -- but it was a bit difficult to take seriously. Otherwise, Shingo has been relatively stellar compared with so many male leads. He may end up filed with Kyon and Rentarou if he's not careful

I've always been fond of enka ... but then I also like Indian and Tibetan music that drives most of my peers nuts... and ooooh ,gamelan music... anyway...
Old 2006-05-31, 19:37   Link #42
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
lololol.

This anime rocks!

Just finished episode 02. The kiss-clutch scene sealed the deal. im hooked! it really reminds me of Kamichu, but a lower budget version. The ending/opening theme songs also are growing on me, they are dammmn strange but in a nice way..
Old 2006-05-31, 20:51   Link #43
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Yah both Kamichu and Petopeto-san aired at around the same dates and time, but delt with very different plot lines.

Kamichu is about a middle school girl becoming a God.
Petopeto-san is about monster racism and middle school relationships.

Well, I guess their atmospheres are pretty similiar.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-31, 22:53   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
It's nice to see some Sahara-love. But never, never, never at the expense of the magical Petoko. What are you thinking? Lol.

I agree about Shingo. Somehow he always stops short of becoming annoying.

This show helped give me a new appreciation for enka. I can now sometimes enjoy it.
Nice post. They've accomplished something very difficult not only with Shingo, but Petoko too - taken two completely likeable characters and made them, well - likeable. Neither ever became annoying, despite their inherent kindness and decency.

I'm 100 - no 1000% - in the Shingo/Petoko camp. I like Sahara (I like every character on this wonderful mess of a show) but how anyone can doubt the utter perfection of Shingo/Petoko is beyond me. Shingo's love for her has been obvious from the beginning, and always selfless and completely respectful of her innocence. It's only her lack of self-respect that's prevented her from believing in it. As I said earlier, Petoko's Mom is one sharp monster, and she's known from the beginning that this was meant to be. Hopefully she'll step in and make sure things turn out right. Else, I'll be very disappointed in the ending.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 01:18   Link #45
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Episode 13 does not disappoint. It gives a good and complete closure to this anime filled with wonderful references to racism and love.

Old 2006-06-01, 02:06   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll immediately concede that Petoko+Shingo is the obvious ending (I'll just weep for yet another "violent woman" I'm very fond of - yet again they're left without a companion). I tend to think Petoko was just rationalizing in ep 12 more than lacking self respect... but its kind of like being ultra rich --- does that guy like *YOU* or that wallet? In her case, is it *her* or the ero-traps? But I can visualize an ending that might be much more bittersweet --- I'm sure we'll find out for sure soon enough and maceart is nicely keeping things to himself
Old 2006-06-02, 02:33   Link #47
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

bi-dong! bi-dang¬! Bi-Dong¬! dammit. that ending theme song is catchy...

Can't believe its only 13 episodes..... I understand if it was kamichu the quality is superb, but with this, well... i kinda expected more....
Old 2006-06-02, 03:02   Link #48
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I am currently driving my household nuts playing the two OSTs I have ... a few of the tracks are not worth repeating but the vast majority is entertaining. It crosses a fair spectrum of musical styles (my favorite being the dominant waltz tune done with violin and the traditional style folk music). The ending ED is very catchy ... the OP sounds like some slightly naughty cabaret tune

Yeah, it is kind of sad this only garnered 13 episodes.
Old 2006-06-02, 11:21   Link #49
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I am currently driving my household nuts playing the two OSTs I have ... a few of the tracks are not worth repeating but the vast majority is entertaining. It crosses a fair spectrum of musical styles (my favorite being the dominant waltz tune done with violin and the traditional style folk music). The ending ED is very catchy ... the OP sounds like some slightly naughty cabaret tune

Yeah, it is kind of sad this only garnered 13 episodes.
whats the songs called? i want 'em
Old 2006-06-02, 13:27   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
whats the songs called? i want 'em
The OP is Shiranainai Sora 知ラナイナイ空 (Unknown Sky) and the ED is Kaerimichi 帰り道 (The Road Back Home). They're both written and performed by Saneyoshi Isako さねよしいさこ (who writes her name in hiragana).

I happen to have the lyrics (in Japanese; sorry, no transliteration):
Spoiler for lyrics to Petopeto-san OP and ED:
Certainly Petopetosan and Kamichu were comparable shows last summer. But I gave up on Kamichu because, despite its lovely animation, the stories ceased to be interesting for me. Petopeto-san had its down episodes, but in general it was wonderful. I give Ueda Kana a lot of credit for hitting just the right note with Petoko.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-06-02 at 14:39.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 17:26   Link #51
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I loved the OP right away, but in time is was the ED that really blew me away. Both are wonderful, but the ED is an amazing mood piece.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 20:36   Link #52
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo
I loved the OP right away, but in time is was the ED that really blew me away. Both are wonderful, but the ED is an amazing mood piece.
I personally blame the "bi-dangs/bi-dongs"

damit. i want to know where to get it....not that im asking.....oh...what's that?....(points at his P.M. button)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I'll just weep for yet another "violent woman" I'm very fond of - yet again they're left without a companionmse).
You forget Natsumi from "you're under arrest" she was a violent women, but ended happily...

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2006-06-02 at 22:19.
Onizuka-GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 23:40   Link #53
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They're in stock at CDjapan.co.jp and really not very expensive. The CD has 24 tracks and I have only about two that I skip over. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll list up the tracks and my thoughts about them.
Old 2006-06-06, 02:39   Link #54
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Still haven't gotten a chance to translate/list the tracks... but I did find out that the lovely Sahara was voiced by Yuka Inokuchi who *also* voiced
Anju in Karin
Zazie Rainyday in Negima
Maid Sakura in Mahoraba
Uzume in Ai Yori Aoshi (heh)

She's obviously moving up in the listings (especially after Anju I'm guessing).
Interesting to me because Sahara was a rather key role in petopeto-san.

I figure VAs or seiyuu need all the love and attention they can get because it is an unfair somewhat brutal lifestyle where name/face recognition is hard to come by.
Old 2006-06-08, 12:57   Link #55
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Haven't been on this board in awhile since all the info. I had posted had got wiped when the server got hacked.

But check out what I found on a site. A 'Petopeto' figurine.

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/57817

This is really nice!

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 04:12   Link #56
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

ok this show is alittle wierd. started watching it and its not just cutesy like i thought. the students are strange like in shuffle where they are myseterious unkown races and stuff. peto gets stuck to things, things like... well this is PG13 rating!
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 13:58   Link #57
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Well it aired at late night 1 am "Otaku Hour", so I don't suppose this anime is for kids (although it's about a bunch of eighth graders).

Old 2006-06-11, 18:44   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

8th graders? I thought they were highschoolers .... okay okay I'll go check again.
hell, with the art styles the way they are its hard to tell when drawings are adults or elem school kids sometimes.

There's a petoko and choco figure set up for pre-order..... figures.... no Sahara
Old 2006-06-11, 19:20   Link #59
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Seems Vexx is a fellow Sahara fan Once again though, why did they cut her lovely long hair short?!
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 20:47   Link #60
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I know that the cutting of hair is one way to "sever ties". Sometimes women do it after they break up with someone. I guess this is the way Sahara was showing Choco just how serious she was about ending the situation.

I miss it too, though the short hair makes her look a bit more vulnerable

Tags
comedy, drama, fantasy, romance, shounen