AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-28, 20:12   Link #3261
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Now that I have a full set of gold find gear, I can finally make money doing Butcher runs from the Manor level. The inevitable deaths against supers are balanced by the gold drops on the way. I just wish the chests aren't a waste of time.
So that's why you spent 5mil on Gold Find gear...You know, you could have spent under 50k and done Nightmare Act III (core of arreat quest) runs instead. It's not only more profitable, but you will never die and have to fork over gold for durability loss, either.

I was averaging 80k every 15minutes doing that.
Old 2012-07-28, 20:13   Link #3262
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I use a Templar because he can use a shield that can have extra gold find. I don't have trouble killing things, and the extra healing helps when I kite with my wizard.

Still haven't mastered killing the butcher though. Still die to him once or twice.
Old 2012-07-28, 22:04   Link #3263
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
You have to not die in Act 1 period bar extreme negligence or lag if you want effective farming. Each death is like ~2-3% of your earnings, after all.

The thing about Templar is that monsters don't target followers enough. It's really hard to beat a 15% armor boost and 15% defense debuff on enemies.

If you want to stick with templar, eschew the healing (It doesn't do much anyways) and turn him into a suicide warrior with the intervention skills. You will die less.

To defeat the butcher; never face him directly or move to or away from him in a straight line; match his movements in a perpendicular fashion. This way if you get hit by the chains, his charge attack will never hit you, he'll be dizzy and you can shoot at him for a long while.

Also, for running Act 1, I recommend starting via Cursed Hold, jumping into the Festering Woods, and entering those 2 places (guaranteed elites). Run straight for them unless another elite pack blocks your way. Once you get that, try the cemetery and Highlands Passage which tend to contain elites. If you find Cave of the Moon Clan in the highlands, they are chock full of elites. Once done with those, you can easily have 5 stacks and run to the jailer, and Butcher will be there waiting for you still.

I don't know; I don't like the first level of Halls of Agony, for whatever reason. The reason for doing this is that act bosses have been rather nerfed and all the good stuff is concentrated on elites, so it's more important to have 5 valors running asap and killing crap than to kill the Butcher.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-07-28 at 22:21.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 22:51   Link #3264
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

See, the thing with gold farming, is that the elites are not my main source of income; I actually earn most of my gold from normal monsters after getting the 5 valour. So I am not sure rushing for elites and boss kills is useful for my setup. It would probably work better that way if I was wearing magic find gear instead.
Old 2012-07-29, 22:25   Link #3265
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

NV also boosts your gold find though. Getting 5 stacks asap is always optimal.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-29, 23:29   Link #3266
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hmm, I'm finding my solo build for my Daemonhunter isn't quite working out so well whenever I join my barbarian friend for Act 2 farming. While I can kill things faster than he can (25k DPS unmodded/unbuffed), the monsters can also kill ME just as quick. No One With Everything shenanigans after all.

I swapped out Sentry with Caltrops, and I've found that with stacking caltrops I can actually tank many of the white mobs in the act. When we run into any of the blues though, uhm, well lets say that I've been hemmoraging gold for the past few days as a result, ahaha. With my low Discipline (I only have the base 30) I can't cast caltrops fast enough to save my hide.
Old 2012-07-29, 23:41   Link #3267
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I give up, every damn party I join i get silent morons that don't share loot, leave after one death from a elite group or cant even play their class right.

I Asked this barbarian if he'd like this nice gold belt that had a lot of strength and vit. he said yes and i inspect him 5mins later, he's not wearing it. Turns out he just savaged it...... /facepalm
Old 2012-07-30, 01:04   Link #3268
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Anyone wants to play with me?
Playing solo is kind of boring and I don't want to join the Public Games.
Old 2012-07-30, 06:19   Link #3269
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Two days ago i sold a hand crossbow for 7 million gold, my first multi million gold sale. Was so happy. (780 dps with 830 life on hit and a socket, found in inferno act 1)
Old 2012-07-30, 08:51   Link #3270
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Two days ago i sold a hand crossbow for 7 million gold, my first multi million gold sale. Was so happy. (780 dps with 830 life on hit and a socket, found in inferno act 1)
But now all the decent items need 10million gold or more now. Inflation is out of control. And those with money are buying up affordable items and re-listing them at ten times the price. A pair of pants I lost the bid to because I wasn't online, was sold for 500,000. It is now listed for 22million.
Old 2012-07-30, 09:09   Link #3271
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yeah, the prices are getting out of control now. On one end, there's the people like me who are struggling to get rid of stuff, that we have to sell them on discount. On the other end, are the folk who are posting things where the BUYOUT PRICE is 150 BILLION.
Old 2012-07-30, 09:13   Link #3272
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

No, people can't buy stuffs with normal price then sell it with much higher price. They can only buy something cheap then sell it at its true value.
And the ones who control the price are not the sellers but the buyers. If there are many people want an item and willing to pay for it then of course the price will go up.
Old 2012-07-30, 10:44   Link #3273
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's way easier to find decent item on AH currently anyway. With so many suppliers, you can hardly sell anything higher than its worth price, and I don't think you can be scammed when with only 50k golds, you can find a decent weapon for act 2 Inferno.

Btw, thing that is listed more than 1 billion usually just for show, and no one buy them. I follow several item until their expired time, and I believe it's still stuck there without anyone bother, so don't let the buyout price deceive you.
Old 2012-07-31, 17:01   Link #3274
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

You can get good 800ish dps weapons for 2-3 million now; I think it would be easier tbh.

Also, they should have a browser version of the AH. Imagine people doing that shit on their phones.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-07-31 at 17:38.
Old 2012-07-31, 18:45   Link #3275
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I think I am bored enough now to try a Throw Weapon barb.

Still waiting for the Summon fix for WD...
Old 2012-08-01, 09:53   Link #3276
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Summons are fine in inferno but you have to really gear specifically for them since pets share your defense stats. Life regen and fierce loyalty really helps. I'm playing wizard now at the moment but i have beaten act 1 with wd and pets and others have done later acts. Wd is getting pets buffed still, so that's nice.
Old 2012-08-01, 14:23   Link #3277
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Funny i havent seen a witch doctor for 30 public games
Old 2012-08-01, 18:38   Link #3278
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

@Kyero: well of course you dont see WD often, they're the best class in the game! *joking*

but anyways, i'm getting bore to death with this game. i'm going to take a break and wait
for the update 1.04 and fixing of those legendaries. *goes off to play another game*
Old 2012-08-01, 19:05   Link #3279
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

I played a public game thanks to my f list being completely empty and just saw a Witch Doctor who had some decent lvl 60 set item drop for them.

I also found this in that same game, which is the best one hander I have found ever, but sadly nobody will care-- I dunno if this can even sell. Maybe if I found this last month >.>

Spoiler:

It's kinda funny that I can come close to rebuilding my own gear from scratch with just 100% gold find running around act 1. That's how worthless my gear would have become if I didn't sell most of it on the RMAH. Sadly, a lot of the weaker parts are still in limbo.

Edit: Most of the remaining gear goes unsold, but that weapon I found and put on my enchantress went for $7? Oh well, I bought her a cheap replacement. Just goes to show how worthless my stuff was.

Spoiler:

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-08-03 at 15:14.
Old 2012-08-04, 23:28   Link #3280
Wigwams

got a natalya boots with life regen, is that a good stat for DH or not?

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler