AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-25, 13:21   Link #121
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Nvidia reveals $3000 GTX Titan Z graphics card for "supercomputer-inspired performance"
Quote:
The GeForce GTX Titan Z is built around two Kepler GPUs and 12GB of dedicated frame buffer memory. It features two GK110 chips, and is powered by a total of 5,760 processing cores, or 2,880 cores per GPU. It has also been engineered for 5K and multi-monitor gaming.

"If you're in desperate need of a supercomputer that you need to fit under your desk, we have just the card for you," Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said (via the Nvidia blog).
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nvi.../1100-6418530/
comments: i didn't know where to post this but here. that's one BEASTLY price...i mean the 12 gb graphic card.
so anybody planning to buy one? i'll stick with my gtx 690 for another 5 years or so or until it dies. but man,
the power level of this card is SUPER nuts!
Old 2014-03-25, 13:36   Link #122
sa547
*Author

^
Unless there's a real practical application for those cards (small-scale computational flow dynamics comes to mind or Bitcoin mining), generally I'll leave that GPU to those who are definitely die-hard.
Old 2014-03-25, 16:30   Link #123
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Nvidia reveals $3000 GTX Titan Z graphics card for "supercomputer-inspired performance"

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nvi.../1100-6418530/
comments: i didn't know where to post this but here. that's one BEASTLY price...i mean the 12 gb graphic card.
so anybody planning to buy one? i'll stick with my gtx 690 for another 5 years or so or until it dies. but man,
the power level of this card is SUPER nuts!
That's some crazy price. Definitely not something your average consumer will buy or need. I say it's more catered to hard core enthusiasts or people that actually need that much power for their systems, for whatever it is they are doing, that is if they are willing to murder their wallets. I wonder how many years this card will last before it's considered obsolete. Probably not too far into the future we can get a card that does the same thing at less than 20% of that 3k price tag.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote