AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-05-09, 20:04   Link #21
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
The move is over used. The cloning and the AoE attack which follows shortly after, killing them all, it's just happening all the time...
Old 2008-05-09, 20:08   Link #22
nines
I much prefer the 2d

So what is he another jinchurike or something?
Old 2008-05-09, 22:04   Link #23
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
So what is he another jinchurike or something?
Sora is def not a jinchuuriki cause Sora isn't even in the manga. He's a filler character and will cease to exist as soon as this short filler arc ends.
Old 2008-05-09, 22:08   Link #24
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TailsOfDestruction View Post
Sora is def not a jinchuuriki cause Sora isn't even in the manga. He's a filler character and will cease to exist as soon as this short filler arc ends.
It's not like there's 3 or 4 faceless captured Akatsuki fodder jinchuriki in the manga that could be fleshed out by the anime, or anything

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 23:20   Link #25
ace_TZ
Logical Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
coup d'etat seems like its quite a popular phrase nowadays
No since the ancient roman days (Sulla, Caesar) it was famous.

But now a days when the prime minister leaves his country for a foreign visit, its time for real world danzo's to grab the throne. (this happened in thailand couple of years before).
ace_TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 13:02   Link #26
Langus
Optimus Prime

This episode was weak. Its only redeeming qualities were the hilarious scenes with Sai. For something that took an extra week to come out I was really disappointed with it. *yawn*
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 13:43   Link #27
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
For something that took an extra week to come out I was really disappointed with it. *yawn*
Once again, it's not like the animation team will improve something in that week, the episodes are made way before the day they are aired. If no episode airs during a week, it's just because TV-tokyo decided to air something else in Naruto's time slot (and they will probably air 2 episodes the week after).
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 15:59   Link #28
Cael
Lurker Mode

Quote:
Do you all remember when Naruto used Tajuu Kage Bushin no Jutsu on half-transformed Gaara and pwned him. Well that's the last time I remember this jutsu actually having any significance in a fight, and that's just sad lol
Apart from fillers and movies, he doesn't use it a whole lot. Once against Kimimaru and once during his spar with Kakashi in the beginning of Shippuden. Both times he was matched up against much higher level opponents. It also took a while for his opponents to fight their way through all the clones. Imagine how Naruto would fair if he used Tajuu Kage Bunshin no Jutsu against the other chuunin in his class? He might even find success against some Jounin, like Neji or Kankurou.

His technique is useful for gaining info on his opponents abilities without putting himself in harms way. And gives the anime team a chance to show the viewer a new characters strength and techniques. If Naruto ever expands his arsenal of justu this technique will become very powerful. But right now, all he can do offensively is throw kunai or ninja stars or use taijustu and rasengan. From a defensive standpoint, if you're standing in the back or middle of a crowd, you're not going to have a good view of what's going on. So when an attack comes and the person infront of you dodges, you're sort of left out to dry. Especially if you're standing still.

Naruto has been pretty effective up to now when he's on the move and using a small amount of clones. Look at his spar with Kakashi, or the time he took out Itachi's clone or when he separated Gaara from Diedara.

I thought this episode was pretty good.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 16:11   Link #29
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post

Naruto has been pretty effective up to now when he's on the move and using a small amount of clones. Look at his spar with Kakashi, or the time he took out Itachi's clone or when he separated Gaara from Diedara.
you're absolutely right when he uses a small number its way more effective, but I was talking about his mass clone jutsu/tajuu kage bushin no jutsu. That jutsu should pwned people if used effectively.

<Ryuujin> "It's not like there's 3 or 4 faceless captured Akatsuki fodder jinchuriki in the manga that could be fleshed out by the anime, or anything"

you mean to tell me the anime team has the balls to make up their own character and have him be a jinchuuruki. OK then let's just say the anime team creates a character named "Sadoul" and gives him the 8 tailed beast, then what the hell is gonna happen when Kishimoto writes in his manga a year from now that "Uruk" has the 8 tails beast within him and kills off Tsunade. How is the anime team gonna correct this?

Last edited by 9TailsOfDestruction; 2008-05-10 at 16:36.
9TailsOfDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 20:57   Link #30
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

I find it hard to watch these episodes. At the beginning of ep 57 Naruto loses yet another fight to a filler character. I'm getting really sick of Naruto needing to be saved time after time. Let Naruto win a fight please. How else can he ever stand up to anyone top-teer if he cant even beat a yogurt wind user?

Oh yeah, this is filler, never mind. X_x
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 21:21   Link #31
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Good eps...so good, in fact, that I wouldn't have thought they were filler had I not known that they were. The story seems to fit pretty well with Naruto's typical storytelling means. The whole "I had a lonely childhood" thing is pretty played out, but it seemed reasonably well executed here.

Better yet, it was nice to see Naruto thoroughly outfight another character. It was a nice reminder that he IS a competent ninja.
Old 2008-05-11, 01:43   Link #32
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Lol these fillers are better than the main story itself .

Much much better. isnt it supposed to be the other way around .
Old 2008-05-11, 04:24   Link #33
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Sora probably is a jinchuriki. Remember Naruto had that dream and he saw a shadow of something transforming.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 04:55   Link #34
NeonZ

Quote:
you mean to tell me the anime team has the balls to make up their own character and have him be a jinchuuruki. OK then let's just say the anime team creates a character named "Sadoul" and gives him the 8 tailed beast, then what the hell is gonna happen when Kishimoto writes in his manga a year from now that "Uruk" has the 8 tails beast within him and kills off Tsunade. How is the anime team gonna correct this?
They won't give the 8 tailed beast to him, considering how it hasn't appeared in the manga yet, but almost any other one is fair game. Many have been captured by the Akatsuki already, but their jinchuriki weren't even shown. There's no way Kishimoto will suddenly go back and detail them out of nowhere, so creating those characters for filler episodes isn't really dangerous.

Isn't there the shadow of a Kyubi-like monster behind the new filler character in the opening? I'm guessing that pretty much confirms he's some kind of jinchuriki.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 09:48   Link #35
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
There's no way Kishimoto will suddenly go back and detail them out of nowhere, so creating those characters for filler episodes isn't really dangerous.
How do you know Kisihimoto wont go back and write them in. Ok when Akatsuki gathers all of them in the future and Kishimoto does a panel in the manga for each jinchurruki to remind us of who they were and what # beast they had...result anime team screwed up the storyline big time. They owe it to the creator of the story not to randomly create jinchuuriki, especially in a FILLER. Come on like I said before they don't got the balls to do that. SORA ISN'T A JINCHUURIKI!!!!!! And he will cease to exist and we will never see him again just like the other forgotten characters in all of the other filler arcs.
Old 2008-05-11, 19:46   Link #36
NeonZ

Quote:
Ok when Akatsuki gathers all of them in the future and Kishimoto does a panel in the manga for each jinchurruki to remind us of who they were and what # beast they had...result anime team screwed up the storyline big time.
Remind us? There's nothing to remind anyone, because he just didn't show it, besides a brief mention of their capture.

The tailed beasts of the ones that were only mentioned already were extracted by the Akatsuki, there's no reason to go back and show the containers, especially because at least one had no container.

Quote:
Come on like I said before they don't got the balls to do that.
Mizuki? 7 swordsman of Mist? Asuma's old partners? Does any of that ring a bell? They have already created or modified characters who could theoretically appear in the manga, but probably won't.

This whole arc is detailing a place and organization briefly mentioned in the manga, which could be brought back later in flashbacks and contradict the anime, yet they're still doing it.

Detailing a Jinchuriki who was completely ignored by Kishimoto in the manga, in spite of his potential importance, isn't such a big stretch. Besides, if he isn't a Jinchuriki, why did they randomly insert a random beast behind him in the opening?
Old 2008-05-11, 20:08   Link #37
nine_tailed_kyuubi

BTW how long will this filler arc last ?
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 20:31   Link #38
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post

Detailing a Jinchuriki who was completely ignored by Kishimoto in the manga, in spite of his potential importance, isn't such a big stretch. Besides, if he isn't a Jinchuriki, why did they randomly insert a random beast behind him in the opening?
Ok i'm not going to state what Jinchuriki's have been captured or are still out there cause I don't want to spoil it for people cause this isn't a manga thread but its very crucial to the storyline if the anime team makes up their own jinchurukies. I don't why you don't understand this. Let's just say hypothetically that Sora is a Jinchuriki and has the #6 tail beast within him which is a Gorilla type beast. Then the anime team has to make a shit load of episodes in which Akatsuki tracks him down and attempts to take his beast out of him, this will then be a whole new filler arc, cause it wasn't in the manga. Do you honestly believe they would do something this drastic? What will happen 2 years from now hypothetically speaking when Kishimoto writes that "Uruk" has the #6 tail beast within him and its a dragon beast. Again I ask you how will the anime team correct this?

"Besides, if he isn't a Jinchuriki, why did they randomly insert a random beast behind him in the opening?"

Dude you need are you blind that isn't a random beast. PLEASE watch the OP again it is clearly the Kyuubi which is behind Sora. Jeez how did you not realize that

Last edited by 9TailsOfDestruction; 2008-05-11 at 21:00.
9TailsOfDestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 22:57   Link #39
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The sound effects seemed off and dull for the first half of the special.

Nothing remarkable to comment for the first half. Only thing that they'll be exploiting about in this arc is going to be the use of wind-natured jutsu from that monk dude, in order for Naruto to integrate it into his training.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 08:11   Link #40
NeonZ

Quote:
Again I ask you how will the anime team correct this?
Did you completely ignore my last message...?

How they'll handle that? The same way they'll handle Kishimoto suddenly deciding to reveal the name of the 7 Swordmen of Mist, even though he has shown no interest in them at all so far and they've already made up one character and inserted him into the group.

I don't know exactly what they'll do, but, as I've already said, they've modified characters (Mizuki), detailed locations (the temple of the current arc) and introduced other characters who still could be mentioned in the manga, so transforming a nameless jinchuriki into an actual character wouldn't be a first for them. The situation would be no different from any of the previous ones.