AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-02-26, 23:01   Link #23381
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Seems like while the canon's busy giving Hayate the shaft, the fanfiction community is making her the chewtoy. :V
Hey, I gave her a promotion! But being the chewtoy makes her more interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
And here we go! After a long while, chapter 3 of Sisters... because if nothing else, writing has never been the one thing that's failed me, or the one thing I've doubted.

Spoiler for Sisters, chapter 3:

A lot of framework and foreshadowing in this chapter, mostly because I'm starting to set some things into motion and develop some points.

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Interesting...

Chrono's a smart man . It'll be interesting to see what Fate does with the knowledge .

EDIT: Page claim for poor Hayate!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 00:08   Link #23382
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Cards And Devices

Chapter 14 - Rescue

Spoiler for Chapter 14 - Rescue:

Spoiler for Author Notes:
sniperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 03:10   Link #23383
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Part 1 of Crime Never Sleeps...and now an update, which is a little bit more talky but slowly the stuff behind the scenes begin to unfold...

Crime Never Sleeps
Part 2

Spoiler for Crime Never Sleeps, part 2:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Old 2010-02-27, 11:12   Link #23384
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Part 1 of Crime Never Sleeps...and now an update, which is a little bit more talky but slowly the stuff behind the scenes begin to unfold...

Crime Never Sleeps
Part 2

Spoiler for Crime Never Sleeps, part 2:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
So you're posting this in bits and pieces, eh? Nice, very nice. Builds up the suspense quite well.

Interestingly, I had no idea Raven was so young. o_o Ouch. Now I'm starting to understand why this case has so many people split down the middle with how to handle it. On one hand she murdered in cold blood, including an NSIS agent, but on the other hand she's only a child and was traumatized by the loss of her family... oh, line, thin line you're walking there, Hayate.

It's a small thing, but I liked the observation that Hayate never rode Chrono like this when he was director because she knew she could trust him, compared to Auris. It's a tiny thing, but it explains a lot of her actions.

And hey.... it's always darkest just before dawn, right?
Old 2010-02-27, 14:10   Link #23385
Tabasco

I think one of the things I liked about the Shadowverse is we see just how cunning and manipulative Hayate can be when she sees the need.

I mean come on, running the entire investigation black would be a normal response to a case this potentially explosive, but to precisely time the information leaks in order to get the public response she wants? That's something else. I'm looking forward to more.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 15:17   Link #23386
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Honestly, I can't remember which one of us brought up the idea of Hayate sort of being Chrono's "angel on the shoulder" as far as the Shadows and the NSIS go, Dezo or me.... it just seemed to fit her extremely well.
Old 2010-02-27, 15:19   Link #23387
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
So you're posting this in bits and pieces, eh? Nice, very nice. Builds up the suspense quite well.

Interestingly, I had no idea Raven was so young. o_o Ouch. Now I'm starting to understand why this case has so many people split down the middle with how to handle it. On one hand she murdered in cold blood, including an NSIS agent, but on the other hand she's only a child and was traumatized by the loss of her family... oh, line, thin line you're walking there, Hayate.

It's a small thing, but I liked the observation that Hayate never rode Chrono like this when he was director because she knew she could trust him, compared to Auris. It's a tiny thing, but it explains a lot of her actions.

And hey.... it's always darkest just before dawn, right?
Ah, good on the Chrono bit...I was worried that Hayate might seem too callous, making so many of her hard decisions seemingly without much cause . It's good to know that some of her reasons are visible .

But what kind of person is Hayate, alone in the dark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
I think one of the things I liked about the Shadowverse is we see just how cunning and manipulative Hayate can be when she sees the need.

I mean come on, running the entire investigation black would be a normal response to a case this potentially explosive, but to precisely time the information leaks in order to get the public response she wants? That's something else. I'm looking forward to more.
I've always been fascinated with the idea of the "cold higher-ups" even if you consider that Lindy and Chrono are technically "higher ups" too (Gil Grahem is a more clear-cut example). So then I got thinking...what if Hayate was promoted up to becoming one of those higher-ups too? How would she deal with it? RB already explored the differences between TSAB mentality and the heroic mentality that people like Nanoha have, and so I wanted to test that one step further--a hero having to choose between the two (or come up with creative solutions ).
Old 2010-02-27, 17:19   Link #23388
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Short post is short, but to the point.

Basically, for personal reasons, I've decided to step down from co-writing "Day" with Nanya. He has permission to continue on with it by himself, without my input or help. Thank you to everyone who has followed the story so far, and I wish Nanya the best of luck in continuing on with it.
Old 2010-02-27, 17:21   Link #23389
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:

Basically, for personal reasons, I've decided to step down from co-writing "Day" with Nanya. He has permission to continue on with it by himself, without my input or help. Thank you to everyone who has followed the story so far, and I wish Nanya the best of luck in continuing on with it.
I'm personally rather curious about why you're stepping down, but since you said it's for personal reasons, then I'll refrain from asking. Still, it was fun to read while it lasted. A great salute to you, RB, for having given us a great story while you co-wrote it with Nanya. *salutes*
Old 2010-02-27, 18:14   Link #23390
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:

Well if that's what you've decided on, we'll all support your choice. It's sad when your favourite band breaks up, but who knows, maybe we'll have a Nanya and RB reunion tour sometime in the future?
Old 2010-02-27, 18:19   Link #23391
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:

Life is ever changing, and our paths wind all over the place. Sometimes, two paths will part, and such is life. The time is never lost or meaningless, though, as long as you take what you've learned and apply it while moving forward. That's all any of us can ever do.

Here's hoping your path continues to shape itself favorably for you. If not, you still have plenty of friends who are willing to help where they can. ^_^
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 18:21   Link #23392
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Honestly, I can't remember which one of us brought up the idea of Hayate sort of being Chrono's "angel on the shoulder" as far as the Shadows and the NSIS go, Dezo or me.... it just seemed to fit her extremely well.
Hey! Don't rob me of my only good contribution!
Old 2010-02-27, 18:25   Link #23393
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Ah, crap. I'm sorry about that, Spawn. Forgive me? *hugs*

And thank you everyone, for understanding. It helps a lot.
Old 2010-02-27, 18:28   Link #23394
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Ah, was that yours? I suppose I'd better ask for your permission too, as I'm using the plotline that Hayate's the overseer of the NSIS for Crime Never Sleeps ...
Old 2010-02-27, 19:45   Link #23395
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Updates on FF.net

Cards And Devices - Ch 13

Decisions - Ch 02

@RadiantBeam
I just hope I wasn't the last drop in your decision to do this. Nevertheless, I'm still one of your biggest fans, and I'm SO looking forward to see more from you.
Old 2010-02-27, 20:15   Link #23396
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Damn, time for another BACKLOG BREAKER!

Quote:
This is a plot-bunny I've been working on for the last while, so I decided to post the first bit as a teaser in order to motivate myself to actually finish it soon .

Borrowing RadiantBeam's Shadows/NSIS concept, I've thrown Auris Gaiz in as the new Director of the NSIS, who's been partnered up with Hayate to deal with a case that has the TSAB and the city of Cranagan split down the middle...

Crime Never Sleeps
Part 1

*snip*
Ah, so you've started in on this one! Great opening sequence; I like the political back-and-forth (I love the way the Ground Forces Intelligence leader is so confused and angry over Hayate's decision--particularly since Hayate herself used to be an investigator for the Ground Forces pre-StrikerS*)

Spoiler for Natter about Hayate's career path:

I also love Auris's confusion about Hayate's decisions, Hayate's sneakiness overall, and how Auris has concluded that Hayate must be scared of her growing authority. If Auris is still anything like her "somewhat reluctant but ultimately behind her father" self of StrikerS, or even growing to drop the "reluctant" out of there due to her increasing age and hence decaying idealism, then there may be a point there. Unlike Chrono, who balanced the necessity of covert ops pragmatism with the honor and idealism of the TSAB ethos and deeply felt the weight of the conflict between the two, Auris is clearly more into the "pragmatic" and less into the "ideals," a major headache for the Intelligence Oversight Subcommittee and anybody in the TSAB bureaucracy who believes in decency and the rule of law.

Quote:
And here we go! After a long while, chapter 3 of Sisters... because if nothing else, writing has never been the one thing that's failed me, or the one thing I've doubted.

Spoiler for Sisters, chapter 3:

A lot of framework and foreshadowing in this chapter, mostly because I'm starting to set some things into motion and develop some points.
Spoiler for Long comments are long:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post

I always love PoliticallyAwareManipulator!Hayate, myself. I've always felt that the best thing about the Mistress of the Book of Darkness is that what really makes her scary has nothing to do with her magical powers, but her brain.

Vita: I'm sure Signum would agree after being forced to wear that dragon-girl outfit for the last Comiket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
I'm personally rather curious about why you're stepping down, but since you said it's for personal reasons, then I'll refrain from asking. Still, it was fun to read while it lasted. A great salute to you, RB, for having given us a great story while you co-wrote it with Nanya. *salutes*
*wave* Hi, good as always to see you drop by!

Quote:
Quote:
Ah, was that yours? I suppose I'd better ask for your permission too, as I'm using the plotline that Hayate's the overseer of the NSIS for Crime Never Sleeps ...
Yep. "The Deep Shadow of Chrono Harlaown" was the fic. Don't miss it, because it adds a lot to Chrono's characterization in the Shadows series, particularly if you're going to be using Auris as kind of a dark-side-of-the-mirror version of Chrono. My Chrono in "Shadows Fall," quite frankly, had too many sharp edges to him, and spawn rounded off both those edges and the character as a whole, while deepening his depiction and making him more of a natural development of his canon self. I'm a lot happier with the way I have Chrono in "The Shadows We Cast," and it's spawn's version of him that RadiantBeam and I have made into the NSIS director in the ViCia/Shadows stories. (Personally, I consider "The Deep Shadow..." to be an official part of the series.)
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 22:25   Link #23397
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Damn, time for another BACKLOG BREAKER!

Ah, so you've started in on this one! Great opening sequence; I like the political back-and-forth (I love the way the Ground Forces Intelligence leader is so confused and angry over Hayate's decision--particularly since Hayate herself used to be an investigator for the Ground Forces pre-StrikerS*)

Spoiler for Natter about Hayate's career path:
Yeah, thanks for your help in the details ! I suppose I should have mentioned all the help you gave me on it in my first post, sorry, my bad !

Yeah, I give Hayate's SIB past a nod in Part 2, but you're right in the natter part: She switched military branches? Weird! I'll really regret that she went back to investigations, I always found the career choices of the 3 Aces interesting in how they differed from each other: Nanoha went into teaching, Fate investigations and Hayate ultimately into command.

Quote:
I also love Auris's confusion about Hayate's decisions, Hayate's sneakiness overall, and how Auris has concluded that Hayate must be scared of her growing authority. If Auris is still anything like her "somewhat reluctant but ultimately behind her father" self of StrikerS, or even growing to drop the "reluctant" out of there due to her increasing age and hence decaying idealism, then there may be a point there. Unlike Chrono, who balanced the necessity of covert ops pragmatism with the honor and idealism of the TSAB ethos and deeply felt the weight of the conflict between the two, Auris is clearly more into the "pragmatic" and less into the "ideals," a major headache for the Intelligence Oversight Subcommittee and anybody in the TSAB bureaucracy who believes in decency and the rule of law.
I'm always laughing as I write Auris speculating on what Hayate's up to , since Hayate being so cheery and seemingly open and frank about her emotions always messes up Auris' thoughts . Something I'm not exploring as deeply is how Auris feels about Hayate, her father's enemy, essentially taking over her dead father's position.....For Hayate, it also makes her wary of Auris, since Auris would know the ins and outs of what her new position entails, being her father's assistant and all. Plots inside plots inside plots! It's too bad that this story has a limited scope--I'd love to take Auris further on other cases, just to see what kind of results her pragmatism would bring ^^, but I wouldn't want to overstay my welcome in RB's Shadowverse !

Quote:
Yep. "The Deep Shadow of Chrono Harlaown" was the fic. Don't miss it, because it adds a lot to Chrono's characterization in the Shadows series, particularly if you're going to be using Auris as kind of a dark-side-of-the-mirror version of Chrono. My Chrono in "Shadows Fall," quite frankly, had too many sharp edges to him, and spawn rounded off both those edges and the character as a whole, while deepening his depiction and making him more of a natural development of his canon self. I'm a lot happier with the way I have Chrono in "The Shadows We Cast," and it's spawn's version of him that RadiantBeam and I have made into the NSIS director in the ViCia/Shadows stories. (Personally, I consider "The Deep Shadow..." to be an official part of the series.)
I've read all the Shadowsverse fics , but it's been a while, so the details of who came up with what blur in my mind a little . Sorry spawn!

One thing RB asked me that I didn't have an answer for was "Why was Chrono replaced by Auris as Director of the NSIS?". If anyone has an answer for that it'll be great , it wasn't essential for my story so I hand-waved that, but I must admit, I'm curious myself ...
Old 2010-02-27, 22:32   Link #23398
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
One thing RB asked me that I didn't have an answer for was "Why was Chrono replaced by Auris as Director of the NSIS?". If anyone has an answer for that it'll be great , it wasn't essential for my story so I hand-waved that, but I must admit, I'm curious myself ...
I hope my take on the Shadowverse doesn't have anything to do with it... Who am I kidding, it would be an honor if it had!
Old 2010-02-27, 22:41   Link #23399
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperk View Post
I hope my take on the Shadowverse doesn't have anything to do with it... Who am I kidding, it would be an honor if it had!
I did read it, and I hope you don't mind me stealing the idea that Hayate sometimes asks Lutecia to run special missions for her from you? ^^

Ah, sorry, did you throw in some Chrono controversy?
Old 2010-02-27, 22:47   Link #23400
sniperk
Overgrown Kid

Quote:
I did read it, and I hope you don't mind me stealing the idea that Hayate sometimes asks Lutecia to run special missions for her from you? ^^

Ah, sorry, did you throw in some Chrono controversy?
Actually the idea that Hayate used Lutecia I had it stolen from RB before so...

About Chrono, I just used a little passage to foreshadow him not wanting the job anymore, of course, in it's earliest stages.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha