AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-09-21, 07:06   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 556 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which have been released...

Quote:

-2nd Mizukage keeps claiming that everyone should have attacked him first since he was the strongest; all the while he is also complaining about being alive again, and wondering when everyone will kill him...

-Oonoki is flying around…he manages to destroy the genjutsu clam, but he is "shot" by the 2nd Mizukage, seemingly effectively knocking him out of the rest of the fight.

-2nd Mizukage is a Houzuki…which is actually a little interesting.

-Chapter ends with the Mizukage starting to use a technique that Muu, Oonoki's predecessor who Naruto beat, was never able to defeat.

-More details as they are revealed.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-09-21 at 09:20.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 09:41   Link #2
haegar
mangaviking

thx 4 the food sound like ok chap so far...the old geezer being useful for one was high time ...though it sucks a bit imho that seemingly he gets done in for that right after

I wonder if the Mizukage stepping it up a notch is preparing the field for Gaara bein badass or for yet another Naruto rescue - if Naruto ends up soloing half of the Kages I shall be irked...

question: what's a houzuki again please? thx
Old 2011-09-21, 09:56   Link #3
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Suigetsu's clan. So presumably this Mizukage should be able to take watery form?
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 09:57   Link #4
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post

Suigetsu (Sasuke's faithful water companion ) and Mangetsu are both Houzuki.

edit: ninja'd by Discerptor .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 11:14   Link #5
haegar
mangaviking

chap's out btw ...

hm. not too bad, not too good either. I'm kinda reliefed Oonoki wasn't done there at that point, that would have been quite lame. Garaa playing Pharao... oh well... I liked the burial he gave Kinimarou back then much more than this ...
anyways, am I gettin that right that Mizukage has just switched into a steam-body ... and that he can stretch all over the place and have the molecules of his steam body cause explosions anywhere he likes? and since he's making the explosions out of water which he brings in beeing one of those Houzuki and the air itself ... endless explosion spam indeed. So, basically, he's like a shapeshifting - drifting - morphing - flexible - living - inexhaustible ammo - steam-explosion minefiled-bomb? that's not half bad as techniques go..

well, all in all chap still felt somewhat shortish

Last edited by haegar; 2011-09-21 at 13:29.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 11:17   Link #6
qwertyuiopz

2nd mizukage is now my all time fav kage
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 13:28   Link #7
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
Third Hokage is still top for me but hell if the Second Mizukage ain't right next to him. There's something about a guy that shouts at others to hurry up and kill him and then complain when they fail.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 14:01   Link #8
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
Water gun! Got to love it.
Old 2011-09-21, 14:06   Link #9
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Water gun! Got to love it.
Well would be even more badass if he could just spit his enemies in the face and they die instantly instead of flicking at em with his finger ..like ... a western style sharpshooter kage (with water pistol)? dunno
Old 2011-09-21, 14:12   Link #10
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

So If Muu's family made the technique, how does Mizukage know it?

Quote:
-Chapter ends with the Mizukage starting to use a technique that Muu, Oonoki's predecessor who Naruto beat, was never able to defeat.
I don't see this anywhere in the chapter.

And what the hell is taking Naruto so long? He lost Bee in like an instant and they were nowhere near the others to begin with, yet he can't even make it to a nearby battlefield in time?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 14:27   Link #11
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Muu's family didn't make the technique, the whole chapter was just awfully translated.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 14:39   Link #12
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

What's the correct translation of that part?
Old 2011-09-21, 14:49   Link #13
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It says that even Muu didn't know how to deal with this jutsu.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 14:58   Link #14
Ero-Senn1n

The mizukage says he is stronger than Muu. Wasn't it said that they both died in a battle against each other? I thought that these two kages were the same strength.

However it may be true that the Mizukage was stronger overall but that Muu kage was his natural enemy. If Kishimoto continues with this "Naruto must find the weak point" theme then i think when Naruto comes into this battle he might realize that Muu found a way to beat the mizukage with some speciality jutsu of his (still ended in double K.O., both died), then Naruto can ask the old rock kage about Muu and find a solution to beat the mizukage. I would like such a story, but probably many others would not
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 15:03   Link #15
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Well I'm all for Naruto going detective again.
Old 2011-09-21, 15:16   Link #16
haegar
mangaviking

Than again, maybe all it takes is Sage Mode Perception followed by a Mass Kagebunshin and some Rasengan style direct attack
Assuming for a moment that the problem in dealing with this technique is not simply it's endless explosion spam attack power but more so the fact that now that the guy mist-ified himself you have no clue where and how to hit him hard - but, remember how that water-elemental thing from that anime filler arc had a "core"? Maybe Mistokage has a "core" too in that water body... The problem prly is both finding it and getting to it in time. So if he can find it with Sage mode, and then get to it ... or he spams Kagebunhsin like mad that no matter where Misto moves his "core", he is already there...

Well, lets hope it won't be that cheap. What would be kinda cool would be a fing HUGE Rasen-Vacuum that sucks the whole Kagecloud in and compresses and explodes it
Old 2011-09-21, 15:41   Link #17
Rahan

Naruto isn't going to play detective ... Gaara is going to prove he is worthy of his trust and that he has indeed the best defense ...
Then, the fight will be over quick since the Mizukage genjutsu and ninjutsu will be already defeated and we'll move on to the next battlefield ...

Kishi spoiled the scenario of this fight last week. When Naruto said Gaara had the strongest shield and the focus moved right away on Gaara, you knew Gaara's shield would be the key of the fight and that he would sucessfully tank something amazing ...
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 19:35   Link #18
Sinta

I hate that guy's design. He's stupid looking.
Old 2011-09-21, 22:36   Link #19
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

casualty count still zero....
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 22:42   Link #20
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Maybe they'll release Muu for a second and ask him.

But really, everyone knows his weakness since he told them, only the readers are the ones that don't know.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion