AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-09-05, 08:02   Link #21
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
I agree with eureka seven movie wich was a joke
Very good visually and some of the best dog fights i've ever seen but jesus
The storyline was a mess (kinda like Ao now but Ao is a bit less horrible)

I hope to see a great movie with at least a understable storyline , not something messy with a crazy non-senese ending (seriously the end of E7 movie , wtf)
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:11   Link #22
LKK

Despite trying twice, I still haven't finished the TV series. Don't know why because I enjoy its outlandishness. Maybe with this new movie coming out, I'll have the drive (pun intended) to watch the final half-dozen episodes.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 13:17   Link #23
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://www.stardriver-movie.net/

Same staff and cast as the TV series. Opens in Japan Feb 9 2013.

The description on the site sounds like it will be a remake. The blurb calls the movie a "new construction" of the story featuring Takuto, Wako, and Sugata. This is supposed to be a brand new work which presents the characters in a completely new light, and represents the new vision of the Star Driver franchise. Or... something like that. Lol.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sounds like SD's version of the Utena movie...
Old 2012-09-05, 22:52   Link #24
Zip

Judging from the outfits, I hope this movie completely eliminates the "school" concept and goes balls-to-the-walls epic space opera. I also like Tauburn's slightly more mechanical design, but I was hoping for a bit more Mamoru Nagano greebling.
Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 23:22   Link #25
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Wako looks sexy in this outfit
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 00:13   Link #26
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Wako looks sexy in this outfit
Ginga Bishoujo!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 00:35   Link #27
sky black swordman

Quote:
Ginga Bishoujo!
Dont you mean Bishounen?
Old 2012-09-06, 00:37   Link #28
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Fantastic, though I tend to be leery about this sort of thing. So long as it isn't like the E7 film though even that had a few good sequences. Some sort of compilation with new versions of some sequences would be the likely expectation and I do like the sound of a new post-ending epilogue showing how everyone is doing.

Love that image though and Wako and Sugata's outfits. Wako's makes her look older to me for some reason though. Maybe it's because I can't off the top of my head recall too much really fanservicey stuff from her. That's like the skimpiest thing I think she's ever worn. Like how they each have their own unique clasps on the uniform. Sun for Wako, Moon for Sugata, and Star for Takuto.

The new Tauburn is pretty cool. Like the more mechanical look to it. The two shield things remind me a bit of Samekh's peacock thing it had going. King Tauburn perhaps for a new final battle?

The post ending is what really has me excited though. Just hope it's a nice one for everyone, especially our trio. Except Head. He needs to have some sort of further comeuppance.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 04:32   Link #29
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Mag photos:

Images
Old 2012-09-06, 04:43   Link #30
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i hope Wako chooses in the end of the movie who is the better man lol

my take to resolve the love triangle
Sugata X Keito
Takuto X Wako
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 05:59   Link #31
sky black swordman

After looking at the MAG Photos, I am starting to wonder if all 3 of them pilot Tauburn together.
Old 2012-09-06, 06:04   Link #32
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It seems the new Tauburn is called Tauburn Compartment.
Old 2012-09-06, 08:05   Link #33
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
i hope Wako chooses in the end of the movie who is the better man lol

my take to resolve the love triangle
Sugata X Keito
Takuto X Wako
Unlikely and I think it sort of works that way. I believe that they even said she chose both of them and why not?

I also don't think Keito should really be rewarded for her behavior in any way.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2012-09-06, 11:21   Link #34
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

If it is the changed ending, I certainly hope they show Sugita/Takuto with Wako instead of some horribly cliched ending of two guys that leaves way too much for imagination.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 17:25   Link #35
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
It seems the new Tauburn is called Tauburn Compartment.
Seriously ?

Because it's new big strange blocks on his arms ?
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 03:43   Link #36
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Unlikely and I think it sort of works that way. I believe that they even said she chose both of them and why not?

I also don't think Keito should really be rewarded for her behavior in any way.
im hoping they will change Keito somehow since they will have a new ending for the movie... they might as well make a better love story than Twilight
Old 2012-09-07, 03:55   Link #37
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Images
I never seen a female soldier wearing a Three Piece Uniform (excluding the stockings and shoes)
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 10:40   Link #38
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
im hoping they will change Keito somehow since they will have a new ending for the movie... they might as well make a better love story than Twilight
Doing so would result in a completely different character, which would be something of a waste honestly I think. I always was curious what happened with her afterward since her actions led to to Sugata's fate even if he did intend it. Redemption is more interesting then simply being a better person from the start.

What does Twilight have to do with this at all? I don't follow.

Besides, I thought there was something to the fact that rather then one becoming a third wheel, what mattered was that they were all together as a trio. Besides, I rather liked Wako's bittersweet admittance to the fact she couldn't choose.

What's more, it seemed pretty clear neither Takuto or Sugata had any problem about the whole thing. They never fought over her. Hell, despite both loving her, they seemed inclined to let the other take her. Sugata because of his fate and simple want for Wako to be happy, and Takuto when he realized Sugata did romantically love Wako. All more interesting then just pairing Sugata off with Keito, even when it was implied that while he cared for her he only really loved Wako.

It was probably the closest thing I'd ever seen to an OT3 that actually seemed to work.

Old 2012-09-07, 11:11   Link #39
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
What does Twilight have to do with this at all? I don't follow.
its just an internet meme... its just for joking purposes

one thing is for sure this movie will have changes to the TV series story... so its not gonna be surprising if they make drastic changes like making a different character for Keito or that she will have a different ending than the TV series... their is no point on making a movie if they will not make significant changes to the story
Old 2012-09-07, 11:36   Link #40
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
its just an internet meme... its just for joking purposes

one thing is for sure this movie will have changes to the TV series story... so its not gonna be surprising if they make drastic changes like making a different character for Keito or that she will have a different ending than the TV series... their is no point on making a movie if they will not make significant changes to the story
It would depend on the nature on the movie really. The TTGL movie was a compilation that had differences, but ultimately remained true to the characters.

But then this is Bones who made the E7 film so I suppose completely drastic character changes might possibly be expected. Perhaps she'll become even more unsympathetic like Gekko State did.

I suppose I'd just chalk it up to another disappointment if they pulled something like that. Expand on the characters as they are and give us glimpses of their fates.

Maybe even give some explanations on the Cybodies as well.

Tags
aniplex, bones, kiraboshi, star_driver