AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-30, 17:50   Link #41
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
still, i would be disappointed if Kaidou is just a bigger Drake.
Well i'd be disappointed if he's a Dragon Zoan like so many others have suggested recently.
Old 2013-01-30, 17:53   Link #42
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
What, like 30.0%?
Yes, then multiplied by 10.
Old 2013-01-30, 18:23   Link #43
Rainbowman

Looks like this arc has ended and a new arc can begin. Incidently, how many islands are there so we might map out where to go?
Old 2013-01-30, 19:03   Link #44
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Looks like this arc has ended and a new arc can begin. Incidently, how many islands are there so we might map out where to go?
We've never known how many islands there were and we've never seen a detailed map of what's next since the start of the series...I doubt we'll get one now.
Honestly, I like NOT knowing much more.
Old 2013-01-30, 19:10   Link #45
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
I would think mythical zoan... Maybe a chimara since it's a mix of different beasts. Or maybe a hydra.
That's my theory too. It would be fitting if Kaido was a powerful mythical creature, such as a Chimera, Hydra, or an even more terrifying hybrid. I hadn't considered Kaido being a Mythical Zoan, but that's reasonable for his stature. (Big Mom strikes me as Paramecia despite her crew of Zoan)
Old 2013-01-30, 19:16   Link #46
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
That's my theory too. It would be fitting if Kaido was a powerful mythical creature, such as a Chimera, Hydra, or an even more terrifying hybrid. I hadn't considered Kaido being a Mythical Zoan, but that's reasonable for his stature. (Big Mom strikes me as Paramecia despite her crew of Zoan)
i think Kaidou is soemthing more terrifiying then Dragon, Hydra or Chimera

I think it is this (Possible Kaidou)
Old 2013-01-30, 19:20   Link #47
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
i think Kaidou is soemthing more terrifiying then Dragon, Hydra or Chimera

I think it is this (Possible Kaidou)
Spoiler: http://i.imgur.com/p5KlRS4.jpg
Old 2013-01-30, 19:21   Link #48
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I meant to comment before that Kaidou's reputation really says a lot about how much of a monster Moria must have been during his younger years. If he was considered a rival of the "world's strongest creature" back then, he must have truly been a grand fighter back at that time indeed, which makes it more of a shame that he became such a lazy sloth by the time the Thriller Bark arc came around. Hopefully, Moria will have returned at least some modicum of his former glory once he returns to the story......
Perhaps. It could be that Kaido wasn't a yonkou back then and was considerably weaker compared to what he is today. So while Kaido grew in strength over the years, Moria declined in that aspect. Just throwing out that this may be the case.
Old 2013-01-30, 20:12   Link #49
Undertaker

Quote:
Kaidou is secretly Hanma Baki...on an extended vacation in the OP world.
Speaking of Baki reference and mystical zoan.

Why not an Hito-Hito fruit; Mode: Oni (or Ogre)?
Old 2013-01-30, 21:21   Link #50
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
i think the male crew members will find different uses for Baby5's head.

and Law need to make sure sanji doesn't make off with Baby5's body.
Was pretty disappointed with Sanji this arc. There was no good reaction from him when he saw Baby 5. I guess there was no panel space for dumb shit :>
Old 2013-01-30, 21:27   Link #51
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Perhaps. It could be that Kaido wasn't a yonkou back then and was considerably weaker compared to what he is today. So while Kaido grew in strength over the years, Moria declined in that aspect. Just throwing out that this may be the case.
True, you do make a fair point there. But I guess I'm just biased since we're finally getting an idea of what kind of monster was once considered a rival to the former shichibukai (plus, this is a great opportunity to shut up the "Moria is weak" crowd once and for all ).

BTW, I noticed that Law apparently didn't intend to leave B5 and Buffalo's heads in one piece after all..... since there seemed to be a time bomb on that boat (which Dofla destroyed before talking to the denden mushi). But then what was the point of leaving the denden on that boat in the first place if he was gonna blow it up!?

Quote:
Kaidou is secretly Hanma Baki...on an extended vacation in the OP world.

Honestly, I was thinking that Kaidou would be based more on Yujirou (the aforementioned father of Baki).

Actually, it would be all kinds of badass if the top dogs of Kaidou's crew were parodies of Baki characters. I mean, off the top of my head I can think of candidates like Orochi Doppo, Retsu Kaiou, Hanayama Kaoru, Jack Hanma..... the list goes on. Though speaking of Hanayama, I'd love to see an OP fight as insane as Hanayama vs. Speck in New Grappler Baki, but I doubt such graphic violence would fit Oda's style (still, you don't see too many fights where a dude gets his face blown from the inside out after getting bullets stuffed into his mouth).....
Old 2013-01-30, 21:38   Link #52
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Honestly, I was thinking that Kaidou would be based more on Yujirou (the aforementioned father of Baki).

Actually, it would be all kinds of badass if the top dogs of Kaidou's crew were parodies of Baki characters. I mean, off the top of my head I can think of candidates like Orochi Doppo, Retsu Kaiou, Hanayama Kaoru, Jack Hanma..... the list goes on. Though speaking of Hanayama, I'd love to see an OP fight as insane as Hanayama vs. Speck in New Grappler Baki, but I doubt such graphic violence would fit Oda's style (still, you don't see too many fights where a dude gets his face blown from the inside out after getting bullets stuffed into his mouth).....
I meant Yujiro D:

Anyway, while it would be awesome if Oda made a crew based on the Baki guys...I dunno about it being Kaidou's group, it doesn't sound to me like a martial arts focused crew.
That said...hell yea I would love a martial art crew based on the Baki characters, Orochi vs Sanji, Jack vs Zoro, Hanayama vs Franky, Retsu vs Chopper (Kung Fu vs Kung Fu, baby!)...how about just putting Pickle vs Everyone? XD
Old 2013-01-30, 21:49   Link #53
marvelB

I'm not gonna lie..... as much as I argue against the idea of Luffy having an easy time against the yonkou and admirals, I definitely wouldn't deny that I'd have a big, dumb grin on my face if I saw him smacking around guys like Akainu and Blackbeard like a bitch while constantly repeating "want some more?" over and over again.

Quote:
Jack vs Zoro

That reminds me..... I remember years ago coming across an OP doujin that was drawn in the Baki style, and it featured Zoro vs. Daz Bones (aka Mr. 1), the latter of whom very much resembled Jack. I should try to hunt down that comic sometime.....

Also, I kinda figure that Biscuit Oliva would be a more suitable match for Franky, but that's just me.

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-01-30 at 22:09.
Old 2013-01-31, 01:55   Link #54
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Was pretty disappointed with Sanji this arc. There was no good reaction from him when he saw Baby 5. I guess there was no panel space for dumb shit :>
There is one small reaction in chapter 695 in the second two-page spread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, did nobody comment yet on the „Sky path/way“ Doflamingo was talking about?
Originally I thought he was getting around by using the Moonstep thing from the Rokushiki, like Sanji, but it looks like there is something else.
Maybe an invisible path from island to island, like the roads on Skypiea, just invisible. ??
I noticed that too. And it seems that he travels using his hands as well.
Old 2013-01-31, 02:31   Link #55
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

One Piece Chapter 697
Laws pretty sneaky putting Daflamingo in a tight situation. It sounds like, Law is going to use Daflamingo has part of the alliance or part of the plan to hurt or take down Kaidou. It is no coincidence that Kaidou is buying the smiles from Daflamingo and Kaidou is the Yonkou Luffy and Law are planning to take down. Right now I can only think of one thing, sabotage the smiles product some how and that would leave Kaidou in a weak spot when he least suspects it or when he is relying on it. Now the question is how aware is Kaidou about what transpired at Punk Hazard? Did any of his minions watch the experiment that went wrong? Will Daflamingo give into Law’s demand?

Dresrosa
If Daflamingo loses his Shichibukai status he would not be able to go back to Dresrosa. Is that place is owned by the WG or the Celestial Dragons?

Admirals (Meaning Plural)?
When Law mentioned about the consequences of Daflamingo resigning his title has Shichibukai he mentioned about Admirals has in plural going after him. If the translation is correct then that means Kizaru is not the only one. It would make sense that you would only send Admirals to deal with rogue or defiant Shichibukai members.

Choices
There are some hard decisions to make for Daflamingo. I personally would not give into Law demands. One if you do, that means you are on his turf. Two there is no guarantees that Law will keep his end of the deal and how can you trust someone who tricked you? Finally if Law’s scheme involves damaging Kaidou through the smiles product who would end up being the obvious fall guy? Daflamingo of course.

A good solution for Daflamingo is to change the playing field by talking to Kaidou. Let him know what all transpired, who where the culprits (Law and Luffy), and what their goal is. Second remind Kaidou that you are a Shichibukai with influence and people in high place of the WG. Assets like that can be valuable to a Yonkou, for obtaining information and knowing the enemy for upcoming confrontations. Finally give him a incentive, if he helps him deal with Law and Luffy he can have CC and the Smile product all to himself, no middle man.

Update:This would also take the wind out of Laws negotiation power. It will also give Daflamingo the much needed time to exact his revenge. Talking to Kaidou could be a big mistake but with the options Law has left him are not any better. If he gives in to Laws demand he could possibly have both Yonkou and Admiral after him. The option I gave him at least he has value and negotiation room. His enemy might be only one Yonkou depending how the talks go and not the whole world. Lastly he would tip the battle grounds in his favor.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-01-31 at 13:15. Reason: The editing is in the Update:
Old 2013-01-31, 04:05   Link #56
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I expect Law doesn't actually want him to forfeit his title. He actually wants him to do something else, which he is baiting him into doing.
Old 2013-01-31, 04:57   Link #57
noktown

Quote:
True, you do make a fair point there. But I guess I'm just biased since we're finally getting an idea of what kind of monster was once considered a rival to the former shichibukai (plus, this is a great opportunity to shut up the "Moria is weak" crowd once and for all ).

BTW, I noticed that Law apparently didn't intend to leave B5 and Buffalo's heads in one piece after all..... since there seemed to be a time bomb on that boat (which Dofla destroyed before talking to the denden mushi). But then what was the point of leaving the denden on that boat in the first place if he was gonna blow it up!?

Not bringing back the "Moria weak/strong topic" again,but it never said in the manga that they were rivals,just that Moria was destroyed by Kaidou at one point.
Old 2013-01-31, 06:20   Link #58
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Not bringing back the "Moria weak/strong topic" again,but it never said in the manga that they were rivals,just that Moria was destroyed by Kaidou at one point.
At one point his crew was wiped out by Kaidou. And also, I remember reading that when his crew was shocked when he was getting beaten by luffy one of them said something along the lines of "Isn't our captain the one that was fighting equally with Kaido last(week I guess, I forget the specifics here sorry)"
Old 2013-01-31, 06:35   Link #59
Bern-san

Does Law have some type of grudge against Doflamingo? Despite being involved in shady businesses, he appears to care about his members and apparently he was close to Law... Is Law going to end up as a villain while Doflamingo ends up not being as evil as we think or is justifiable what he's doing?
Old 2013-01-31, 08:41   Link #60
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

...I fail to see how Doflamingo caring about his subordinates somehow makes him less evil.
Closed Thread