AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-02-19, 01:37   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
It's supose to be a "Zombie" movie, where the zombies flood like water and can pile on each other so fast they can climb a huuuge cement wall.

Looks like a complete joke if you ask me.
It looks like "Left For Dead" video game franchise (in terms of the zombie behavior patterns). The source title is an entirely different animal (told in retrospective interviews).

So I'm pretending the movie is titled L4D2+ The Home Movie and will see it at matinee
Old 2013-02-19, 04:26   Link #42
Kyuu
=^^=

I better see some Saiyans coming out of this movie.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 04:43   Link #43
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This is more like People Versus Zombies: the Movie.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 06:45   Link #44
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
It's supose to be a "Zombie" movie, where the zombies flood like water and can pile on each other so fast they can climb a huuuge cement wall.

Still less of a Joke than the Battle of Yonkers in the book IMHO.

-World where US military so under budget that they can't resupply artillery, yet has access to large numbers of high tech junk that was discontinued IRL due to being too expensive

-All cars are pintos, and MRLS rocket strikes are substantially less effective when there are no cars to blow up zombies

-The Chair Force somehow isn't arrogant enough to demand that they be on station to carpet bomb the zeds from the start of the big PR show

-Thousands of metal fragments exploded above zombie horde are marginally effective (This is of course why soldiers in WW1 never wore helmets to protect them from exploding fragments)

-Thousands of metal fragments shot out of a cannon straight at zombie horde from the ground is SUPER EFFECTIVE cause it's t3h SUPAH SHOTGUN!

So I don't think there's much room to complain about the Surf Zombies being silly IMHO.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2013-02-19 at 18:07.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 07:36   Link #45
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
This is more like People Versus Zombies: the Movie.
Needs Lollipop Chainsaw and Korezom crossovers
Old 2013-02-19, 09:25   Link #46
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I find the title a bit corny... Reminded me of Mazinger Z instead of zombies..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 09:56   Link #47
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Needs Lollipop Chainsaw and Korezom crossovers

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 11:17   Link #48
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:

Sadly it seems Hollywood and the advent of intense social media/interconnectivity pretty much made the premise of the source material on the efficacy of slow zombies and the subsequent response by the Pre-war government null. So yeah we get the absurd fast zombies going around like hive mind colonies instead.

Although it still seems to use the broad outlines of the novel with that "wall" being the extention of the famous Israeli walls that went around the pre 1968 borders.

As for Yonkers, I just seriously hope our military isn't that...sad.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 11:29   Link #49
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

dont know what u guys are smoking, im really looking forward to fast, and ultra jumping zombies, the slow ones that moan alot are getting plain boring
Old 2013-02-19, 18:08   Link #50
Mistressy
Maximum High Powered Wub
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
dont know what u guys are smoking, im really looking forward to fast, and ultra jumping zombies, the slow ones that moan alot are getting plain boring
I cannot agree more. This movie seems to be intense and a fast-pace horror. Which most scary movies is lacking recently.

Even better, Brad Pitt is in it. So you know that THINGS are going to go down.
Mistressy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 22:12   Link #51
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
They should run an ad for Left 4 Dead 1/2 before each showing.
Old 2013-02-20, 10:36   Link #52
GDB

Quote:
How would that logistically work, though? Zombies are dead. Their bodies are undergoing or have undergone rigor mortis. They should be stiff as hell, hence slow. Fast works in video games, but not movies.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 12:08   Link #53
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
How would that logistically work, though? Zombies are dead. Their bodies are undergoing or have undergone rigor mortis. They should be stiff as hell, hence slow. Fast works in video games, but not movies.
Slow zombie aren't exactly more realistic than fast zombies. Once you've reached the physical silliness of ANY undead person walking around with a bullet through their heart...running doesn't suddenly break suspension of disbelief.
Old 2013-02-20, 12:12   Link #54
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Slow zombie aren't exactly more realistic than fast zombies. Once you've reached the physical silliness of ANY undead person walking around with a bullet through their heart...running doesn't suddenly break suspension of disbelief.
What about zombies that have to have their limbs torn off?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 12:24   Link #55
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
You're comparing physical limitations of moving with physical limitations of living. Zombies aren't alive, so they aren't bound by the limitations of living. They aren't the "unstopped", so physical limitations of moving should still apply.
Old 2013-02-21, 13:41   Link #56
james0246

Quote:
It depends on how the zombie body works. As so long as energy is being pumped into the system, then higher reactions are possible. For example, if say nanotechnology, or some sort of extremely efficient photosynthetic plant, or maybe a highly efficient bacterium or fungus, were to take over the body, then the relevant power supply could be used to boost the bodies reaction times to peak levels for extended periods of time. (Arm chairing: Could a virus somehow influence the growth and power of the mitochondria effectively boosting the entire performance of the body (if the mitochondria didn't simply destroy the cell)? Maybe something is influencing the ATP in a persons body, forcing it to overreact and create bursts of pure energy?). Hopefully there would be a significant downside (the body deteriorates faster, which is what spurs the continued assault on nearby 'living' humans (somehow the zombie body is able to use the influx of raw flesh and blood to counteract the decaying process of whatever allows the zombie to move so quickly?), otherwise it is too unbelievable (the whole decaying thing is somewhat inconsequential to the overall analysis of the zombie since zombie doesn't necessarily mean dead anymore).

Whatever the case, fast zombies are the only real feasible answer (i.e. threat) for today's society. Instant communication of cell phones and email make slow zombies completely unrealistic (unless they are only in third world countries or were actively used as weapons and placed in strategic locations), and easily dealt with. A global threat would only develop in case of fast zombies. Sadly, fast zombies are even less human than slow zombies, so the threat becomes less personal and more overdramatized.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 06:37   Link #57
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I would rather see Ayumu in that dress.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 08:37   Link #58
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Whatever the case, fast zombies are the only real feasible answer (i.e. threat) for today's society. Instant communication of cell phones and email make slow zombies completely unrealistic (unless they are only in third world countries or were actively used as weapons and placed in strategic locations), and easily dealt with. A global threat would only develop in case of fast zombies. Sadly, fast zombies are even less human than slow zombies, so the threat becomes less personal and more overdramatized.
I don't know, Highschool of the Dead paints a realistic picture of how slow zombies could potentially wreak havoc on the current world.
Old 2013-02-22, 09:39   Link #59
james0246

Quote:
I don't know, Highschool of the Dead paints a realistic picture of how slow zombies could potentially wreak havoc on the current world.
Does it paint this picture around the back aching M-Cup boobs, because I do not remember any real realism concerning the actual apocalypse (it literally just happens), just some of the aftermath. As it is, where Japan may fall, America wouldn't even bat an eye (what with the millions of guns a large minority own and the standing army and hardware that can be easily used (one of the stupidest things in the novel was Brooks inability to describe just why the American military failed so spectacularly; the excuses used were simplistic at best).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 09:44   Link #60
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
High School of the dead doesn't really do that. All it does is just have the zombie apoc happen, with zombeis appearing in massive numbers world wide simultaneously. There's no explanation for how it happened.

That's pretty much the exact same thing that happened in World War Z the book. One minute the zombie outbreaks are secretly being contained in small outbreak locations...the next thing you know there are 10 million shamblers coming out of New York at the Battle of Yonkers.

You're not exactly painting a very realistic picture if the population of new York literally goes from 99% human to 90% human off screen with no explanation. Wouldn't the presence of a mob of even a few dozen zombies result in a significant police reaction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
(one of the stupidest things in the novel was Brooks inability to describe just why the American military failed so spectacularly; the excuses used were simplistic at best).
Simple. Max Brooks just doesn't know much about the military, and he's not aware of how little he knows about the military. (The latter of which I consider a bigger problem)

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2013-02-22 at 10:45.