AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-13, 19:24   Link #21
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Wow... this many replies and no-one has mentioned Kikuko Inoue? That's... just wrong. Belldandy (A!MG), Uraha (Air), Shuko (Angelic Layer), Chitose (Chobits), Yayoi (Happy Lesson), Alv (Kiddy Grade), Yukariko (Mai HiME/ Otome), Mizuho (Onegai Teacher/ Twins), Nanase (Yumeria - my favourite of her recent roles), to name but a few of her awesome roles. Damn, she rocks

And look at my sig for the other of my favourites.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 19:54   Link #22
sayde

Wendee Lee

Crispen Freeman

Mark Gatha

And Depending on his performance in FF7 AC, Steve Burton will take the place as my 4th favorite VA ever.

I don't know the names of many japanese va's so I'll refrain from mentioning them.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 23:14   Link #23
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Uraha (Air)

English VA for Shinji in EoE

Ed- FMA

Haruko and Naota english VA's for FLCL.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 01:28   Link #24
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

In no particular order except the first two:

Tamura Yukari - Misha (Pita Ten), Kurusu Tomari (Kashimashi), Takamachi Nanoha (Nanoha / Nanoha A's), Yoshino Sakura (Da Capo), Tsukishima Shiori (Midori no Hibi) etc.etc. (list cut for longness)

Horie Yui - Honda Tohru (Fruits Basket), Shirakawa Kotori (Da Capo), Ichijou Kaoruko (Futakoi/Futakoi Alternative), Amemiya Yuriko (Nanaka 6/17), Takeuchi Rio (Spiral), Narusegawa Naru (Love Hina), Sawachika Eri (School Rumble) etc.etc. (list cut for longness)

Tange Sakura - Kinomoto Sakura (Card Captor Sakura tv series & Movies)

Hara Fumina - Tokunaga Kokoro (Aishiteruze Baby)

Kuzuhara Miyu - Sakashita Yuzuyu (Aishiteruze Baby)

Fujita Daisuke - Katakura Kippei (Aishiteruze Baby)

Nakahara Mai - Kasugano Midori (Midori no Hibi), Mizuki Maia (Daphne in the Brilliant Blue), Tokiha Mai (Mai Hime), Miu (Dears)

Iwao Junko - Ceres (Ayashi no Ceres), Tomoyo Daidouji (Card Captor Sakura tv & Movies)

Matsuoka Yuki- Kasuga Ayumu aka Osaka (Azumanga Daioh!)

Kaneda Tomoko - Mihama Chiyo (Azumanga Daioh)

Kanako Mitsuhashi - Asahina Suzuka (Suzuka)

Ueda Kana - Tohsaka Rin (Fate/stay night)

Suzumura Kenichi - Shiki (Shingetsutan Tsukihime), Narumi Ayumu (Spiral), Nagihara Nenji (Nanaka 6/17)

As new entries:

Yahagi Sayuri - Maaka Karin (Karin)

Inokuchi Yuka - Maaka Anju (Karin)

Sakai Kanako - Onda Aka (REC)
Old 2006-02-14, 14:56   Link #25
Pippin4242

I can't believe nobody's mentioned Shinichiro Miki (however he's spelling it in English these days...)

He played Kurz Weber in FMP and Kudoh Yohji in Weiss Kreuz, and was also in Weiss (the band). I totally swoon for both of those characters based on that deep but versatile voice alone!

The other two anime I've heard him in are Kokoro Library (which made me want to claw my eyes out, but his acting was fine if maybe a little miscast) and Black Jack, where he played the fisherman's son in one episode.

Sure, it's an instantly recognisable voice. But I think it's because of the little squeaks and sighs and vocal twitches (there was a word for this, but I've forgotten) that his voice is so memorable. I absolutely adore him.

*~Pips~*
Pippin4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 16:17   Link #26
Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
Leaving Animesuki

Send a message via AIM to Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
English voice acting

I really plan on working for Funimation Entertainment and ADV Films. One of the first ones I want to star in well just look at my signature and youll know. Then I plan on moving onto the FMA Movie and then work for ADV.
Tsukuyomi Moon Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 16:53   Link #27
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Re: English voice acting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
I really plan on working for Funimation Entertainment and ADV Films. One of the first ones I want to star in well just look at my signature and youll know. Then I plan on moving onto the FMA Movie and then work for ADV.
You really shouldn't have any problem to get a job as an English VA. Judging by the quality of English dubs (or rather, the complete lack thereof), they always take the next best random persons off the street for it

As for actual VAs who deserve that name (i.e. Japanese ones), no one has impressed me as much this far as Hayashibara Megumi
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 17:14   Link #28
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Mistuishi Kotono - Mireille (Noir), Excel (Excel Saga), Murrue Ramius (Gundam Seed)

Seki Toshihiko - Rau (Gundam Seed), Reito (Mai-HiME) and last but not least - Legato (Trigun). Great voice for playing the villain type characters.

Noto Mamiko - Yukino (Mai-HiME/Mai-Otome), Nina (Monster), Shimako (Maria-sama ga Miteru)

Koyasu Takehito - Ilpalazzo (Excel Saga), Mu La Flaga (Gundam Seed), Kuroyanagi (Yakitate Japan)

Hayashibara Megumi - Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop), Haruka Urashima (Love Hina)

Tanaka Rie - Lacus Clyne (Gundam Seed), Suigintou (Rozen Maiden). Gotta love Suigintou's voice.

Nanri Yuuka - Henrietta (Gunslinger Girl), Nao (Mai-HiME/Otome).
Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 00:11   Link #29
apr
Pedestrian

I like Takahiro Sakurai (Cloud in FF7:AC) and Chiwa Saitou (Hazuki in Tsukiyomi).

Obviously there's a gazillion more on my list, but I thought I'd try not to bore you.
Old 2006-02-15, 14:02   Link #30
Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
Leaving Animesuki

Send a message via AIM to Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
Well Funimation and ADV are the best ones in America for english dubbing. Im actually a good actor myself so I dont think anyone could complain about me being an anime voice actor.
Tsukuyomi Moon Phase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 21:13   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Please take a look at Hashihime Seiyuu Gallery. I've got around 30 female seiyuu there, each with a photo, links and a little blurb. They've all done work I like.

But if you ask who I like best, it's:
Orikasa Fumiko (Chise in Saikano, Miu in Ichigo Mashimaro)
Kawasumi Ayako (Lafiel in Crest of Stars, Aoi in Ai yori Aoshi, Tazusa in Ginban Kaleidoscope)
Ueda Kana (Yumi in Marimite, Petoko in Petopeto-san, Hazumu in Kashimashi).
The first two have enormous range: they can do all kinds of roles. Ueda Kana is the best moe actress around right now, I think.

I also love Saitou Chiwa, but not so much because she's a great actress as that I find her voice very attractive and interesting -- and highly identifiable. Some VAs are good because you can't recognize their voices; some are good because you can.

The recent work of Takahashi Mikako (Ayu in Honey & Clover, Maki in Karin, Rika in Hantsuki) has been very effective (and affecting).

And I'm definitely watching Yahagi Sayuri, who is doing such great work in her debut role as Karin.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-02-15 at 22:49.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 02:18   Link #32
YoshiZumi
Translator for Ayu

Send a message via AIM to YoshiZumi
First of all thank you for this link http://hashihime.atspace.com/Hashi_seiyuus.html. I can say that I like all the actresses on the list.

My favorite female seiyuu right now is Orikasa Fumiko. It's amazing how she can portray such a wide range of characters. She can play the serious Kuchiki Rukia from Bleach or Meia Gisborn from Vandread. Then play the idiot Katagiri Himeko from Pani Poni Dash. And other times she can voice little girls like Miu from Ichigo Mashimaro or voice act ojou-sama types like Kuzuhara "Ojou" Yayoi in Uchuu no Stellvia. I can honetsly say I am a fan of hers.

And also Yukino Satsuki as well. I'm a big fan of hers too. Just to name a few, Chirdori in Full Metal Panic, Tina Foster in Ai Yori Aoshi, Kasukabe Saki in Genshiken, Otohime in Love Hina, Tachibana Rei in Pani Poni Dash, Sumiregawa Nenene in R.O.D.

I can't really decide on one male seiyuu so I'm going to say Seki Tomokazu and Takagi Wataru.

Seki usually portrays characters that are really passionate. Kyo from Fruits Basket, Sagara in Full Metal Panic(The seki tomokazu and Yukino Satsuki voice duo is amazing), a few gundam titles(G gundam, Seed, Destiny) Gai in Nadesico, Bart in Vandread. His screaming voice and his angry voice is awesome.

Takagi Wataru sort of plays side characters that are most of the times dumb. Genzo from Tenshi Na Konamaiki, Rikudou from Excel Saga, and most notably Ganjyu from Bleach. A very noticeable voice. When ever I hear his voice, I can tell that it is Takagi.

I also must also say that the best overall voice cast of 2005 was for Pani Poni Dash and Ichigo Mashimaro.
YoshiZumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 02:44   Link #33
suguru
京都 ikitai~

These would be my votes:

Favorite male seiyuu: Iwata Mitsuo (Gan-chan in Mini-Goddess, Marco in Shakugan no Shana, the mechanic guy whose name I forget in Stratos 4, and others...). Was born to play Gan-chan. Also cool because his voice is so distinctive, it's easy to tell parts he plays.

Favorite female seiyuu: Yui Horie (Kotori in Da Capo, Naru in Love Hina, Ayu in Kanon, Multi in To Heart, and a billion others) and Chiwa Saitou (Becky in Pani Poni Dash, Hazuki in Tsukuyomi, among others). Always been a sucker for Yui Horie voiced characters--somehow I wind up rooting for her character 90% of the time. Ayu and Multi in particular are just great characters and she voiced them perfectly.

Most impressive seiyuu: Yumiko Kobayashi (Excel in Excel Saga, Poemy in Puni Poni Poemy). She's so hyper it's enough to make your ears bleed--I don't think I could say her lines at half the speed or volume she can without seriously injuring myself. I remember hearing the US voice actress who worked on the dub for Excel Saga actually did injure her voice and someone else had to finish the series--trying to be like Kobayashi-san can be bad for your health. It's hard to imagine how anyone could come across as that hyper without mainlining espresso by the gallon, but Kobayashi does it. Listening to her voice all the time would drive me insane but the roles she does she gives more energy to than any other actor, actress, or seiyuu I've ever seen.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 19:08   Link #34
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Talking

I'm not at the point yet where I can distinguish between different voice acting of a certain "type" (for example, most "shy" female anime characters sound the same to me, exceptions include Yukino from Mai). But here's what I found impressive:

Yumiko Kobayashi (as above, Excel Kobayashi and Poemi and thingy from Yakitate! Japan)

Yamaguchi Mayumi (Envy from FMA)

Watanabe Naoko (as Guu from Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu)

Shindo Naomi (as Shizuru from the Mai series, the va really stands out and really suits the character, and makes my spine tingle when the voice goes to "Shizuru mad" mode)

Kato Nanae (Ahiru from Princess Tutu)

Guy who does Laplace Demon

Ohtani Ikue (Chopper from One Pisece)
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 10:59   Link #35
Pippin4242

YoshiZumi, you've mentioned two of my favorites there. Tomokazu Seki is awesome- I only recently found out he played Dee Layter in Fake! I can't believe Dee and Sosuke could be the same person. Dee is ten years older with a much deeper voice, is forever laughing and teasing, and acts like a bitchy version of Kurz from time to time. I would never have considered it. He also played Ken in Weiss Kreuz, which I only got into because of seiyuu swoonage, and I still didn't notice.

Yukino Satsuki is another seiyuu with an incredibly versatile voice. She played Milly in Trigun, with a voice that reminds me more of Yukana than anything!

And... seriously, BTW? Himeko is Rukia??? I think my world just ended... BWAHAHA!

*~Pips~*
Pippin4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 11:59   Link #36
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin4242
And... seriously, BTW? Himeko is Rukia??? I think my world just ended... BWAHAHA!

*~Pips~*
I also just noticed the Himeko's voice when Kaoru Chujo mentioned in the post. Very different, you know, she sounded like totally a different person.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 13:01   Link #37
ayyo

Chiwa Saito

Hazuka - Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~
Kokoro - Kokoro Library
Becky - Pani Poni Dash!
Anita - Read or Die TV

and those are only her main character roles.

No one in existence atm can pull off a better cute voice, bratty voice, crying, or 'hau hau'. No. one.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 13:05   Link #38
dannyz

Without question the best seiyuu that i have ever heard is the person who plays Tsukamoto Tenma is School Rumble. Koshimizu Ami i think her name is. Her voice for the ditzy Tenma is simply halerious if you listen to it. I cannot imagine anyone else in that role. So who's with me?

Oh yeah, Gotou Yuuko is pretty good too
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 16:23   Link #39
Arnyer
Ferratus

Van from Escaflowne. That guy can do an anguished scream like no other.
Arnyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-24, 18:37   Link #40
Tapp Zaddaz
Banned

Personal Favorites

Junko Minagawa (Yumi-Hale nochi Guu, Yoshitaka-He is my Master)

Shigeru Chiba (Buggy the clown-One Piece, Don Kanonji-Bleach)

Mika Kanai (Vanilla H; Normad-Galaxy Angel, Magical Teacher Komachi)

Akira Ishida (Gaara-Naruto, Nagi-Mai HiME/Otome)

Minami Takayama (Conan Edogawa-Detective Conan)

Mika Kikuchi (Arika Yumemiya-Mai Otome)

The entire cast of Pani Poni Dash.
Tapp Zaddaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seiyu