AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-25, 03:44   Link #35521
monster

Food is meant to be eaten, not to be carelessly thrown/dropped at other people.
Old 2015-01-25, 04:15   Link #35522
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Food is meant to be eaten, not to be carelessly thrown/dropped at other people.
It is humanitarian aid. We are providing our starved enemy with food.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-01-25, 04:57   Link #35523
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Also psychological warfare.
Old 2015-01-25, 05:22   Link #35524
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Controversy still continues slightly in Japan, albeit muted.

Confirmation of ISIS prisoner exchange for Goto, who they want to keep alive for this.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2015-01-25, 05:43   Link #35525
Ghiest Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Also psychological warfare.
Same thing the Mongols did. They catapult dead animals and prisoners at walled cities.
Old 2015-01-25, 06:34   Link #35526
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The thought does bring up the question, 'what happens if you cover a Muslim populated town in pig parts?' No one had an answer for that even in the 1990s when it was suggested in song (silly song, but still....).

(The song was called "Bacon Bombs". I don't remember who wrote it. I heard it on the Dr. Demento Show back in the mid-90s)
Old 2015-01-25, 06:45   Link #35527
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... Nothing in particular? I mean, they're going to get angry, but that's nothing new.
Old 2015-01-25, 07:01   Link #35528
Ghiest Cid

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp

I think this has relevance to the topic about pigs and terrorists. They won't be deterred anyway. They would just reinterpret their belief for their own convenience.

Last edited by Ghiest Cid; 2015-01-25 at 07:19.
Old 2015-01-25, 07:02   Link #35529
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Now this is really getting stupid. Are you guys angry at ISIS or at Muslims?
Old 2015-01-25, 07:48   Link #35530
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiest Cid View Post
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp

I think this has relevance to the topic about pigs and terrorists. They won't be deterred anyway. They would just reinterpret their belief for their own convenience.
It'd be a pretty dumb belief in the first place if it included "yeah, your enemies can easily send you to hell".

It's not like Christians don't take a lot of liberties with "You shall not kill"...
Old 2015-01-25, 09:01   Link #35531
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
If ISIS appears to want a prisoner swap now involving that Iraqi woman detained in Jordan for the last 10 years, here's what I hope coalition countries will do: rig the woman with explosives inside her body and unbeknownst to her, make the swap deal, and then detonate the device to kill as many of those fuckers as possible when the second hostage is away and safe.

I'm sorry to sound blood thirsty, but it's about time coalition countries give the bastards a genuine sucker punch after everything they have done.
Now Now, the prisoner didn't ask for Japanese hostages to be taken having been in a cell for 10 years...

or should we use you as a bomb too? Have some standards in your tactics man...Professionalism you know....have some self respect XP

Or in other words, there are ways to effectively drive your message home without stooping to their level

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2015-01-25 at 09:24.
Old 2015-01-25, 12:05   Link #35532
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It is humanitarian aid. We are providing our starved enemy with food.
If you sincerely believe that there is a high degree of probability that the pork will be used for food, then fine, though I think it would be better to drop other types of food that is more certainly to be eaten, not to mention healthier.
Old 2015-01-25, 13:16   Link #35533
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
They are bound by the Geneva convention. If they do that the ramifications will be great in the future.

If they want, the more sinister method would be to misdrop rations containing pork into their territory using drones, then declare flight path error.
Still, the idea of sucker-punching ISIS is something that should never be kept buried, regardless of what the approach is. We are playing too nice with them when this fight is about being ready to play a dirty game against the enemy.

Too bad the idea of dropping pig parts and "bombing" lard from the air wouldn't work for everyone here, but it could be quite an option for psychological warfare if that could cut their manpower down.
Old 2015-01-25, 14:06   Link #35534
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
If you sincerely believe that there is a high degree of probability that the pork will be used for food, then fine, though I think it would be better to drop other types of food that is more certainly to be eaten, not to mention healthier.
What makes you think that they wouldn't eat the rations? Morever, what kind of healthy rations would you recommend?

Quote:
Still, the idea of sucker-punching ISIS is something that should never be kept buried, regardless of what the approach is. We are playing too nice with them when this fight is about being ready to play a dirty game against the enemy.

Too bad the idea of dropping pig parts and "bombing" lard from the air wouldn't work for everyone here, but it could be quite an option for psychological warfare if that could cut their manpower down.
The US could just do this and it problem would be fixed an instant.

I suspect that the political motive behind it is to let ISIS act as a counter-influence in the region considering how Iran had subverted Iraq through the Shia Muslims in the Iraqi government, with the silent blessings of Saudi Arabia.

With Syria now in a stalemate, Iran now plays a countercard in Yemen with the Houthi rebels. I am willing to bet the next party will be back in Libya.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-01-25, 14:14   Link #35535
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
You keep thinking your enemy is a cowardly and superstitious lot, and before you know it a clown is killing your sidekick and you get your spine broken.
Old 2015-01-25, 15:07   Link #35536
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
I suspect that the political motive behind it is to let ISIS act as a counter-influence in the region considering how Iran had subverted Iraq through the Shia Muslims in the Iraqi government, with the silent blessings of Saudi Arabia.

With Syria now in a stalemate, Iran now plays a countercard in Yemen with the Houthi rebels. I am willing to bet the next party will be back in Libya.
Until further notice, Iran-backed groups don't really attack foreigners these days while ISIS and other Sunni-led groups already did. I don't see any purpose in letting them go as long as such madness continue with them. They are just like Manuel Noriega overstepping his purpose through very illegal activities.
Old 2015-01-25, 18:15   Link #35537
maplehurry

Quote:
Until further notice, Iran-backed groups don't really attack foreigners these days while ISIS and other Sunni-led groups already did. I don't see any purpose in letting them go as long as such madness continue with them. They are just like Manuel Noriega overstepping his purpose through very illegal activities.
Some politicians, however, have a different mindset.

"Wow, SUCH BAD GUYS. Well, what if we let them flourish to overthrow Assad whom we couldn't get the permission to intervene... THEN we can have a legit reason to intervene in the region after these bad guys take over !"

Not accusing Obama of anything, just a hypothetical example. What SH said is probably closer to actual reality.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2015-01-25 at 18:37.
Old 2015-01-25, 18:35   Link #35538
monster

Quote:
What makes you think that they wouldn't eat the rations? Morever, what kind of healthy rations would you recommend?
Because they don't know where the food came from or what's in it. People who maintain a certain diet would likely not just eat anything presented to them unless they trust that the people offering it would respect their dietary habits.

On the other hand, there is probably a provision for not following the dietary rule in cases of necessity, like hunger. And if that's case, then there's no problem at all.
Old 2015-01-25, 20:38   Link #35539
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Protests taking place in Japan to free Goto.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2015-01-25, 23:18   Link #35540
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i am beginning to come to the idea that the best thing for Africa is to leave it alone to solve its own problems. Every time someone goes in trying to help, usually end up creating even more problems.
That won't happen. Africa unfortunately (for them) holds a large part of the world's resources. Which means that people are going to meddle in their affairs for their own profit for a very long time.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international