AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-03-15, 16:20   Link #9301
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

While we don't know about the time when Quint used it, Subaru had no problem using it without an advanced AI. Nor did Teana's Anchor Gun, which was build by herself no less.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 16:29   Link #9302
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
While we don't know about the time when Quint used it, Subaru had no problem using it without an advanced AI. Nor did Teana's Anchor Gun, which was build by herself no less.
Yeah, my original reasoning was when the Nakajima twins used their Revolver Knuckles they had them synced to their own rollerskate IDs, but now that you bring it up, they didn't start out with them.

Think it's possible that cartridge systems can be used on Storage Devices, then? If so, then I suppose I'll need to find an entirely different reason as to why Roas never used one, or just nix that bit of info from the scene entirely.
Old 2011-03-15, 17:06   Link #9303
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Perhaps maintaining a cartridge device could be above his budget? I imagine that a device with a cartridge system would be more expensive to maintain than one without. It's just a theory with no canonical support, but it would serve as an explanation.
Old 2011-03-15, 17:08   Link #9304
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Works fine enough for me.
Old 2011-03-16, 00:24   Link #9305
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Huh. I forgot that I never posted this.

Spoiler for An End:
Think of this as official retirement, but probably not permanent.
Old 2011-03-16, 03:28   Link #9306
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
Huh. I forgot that I never posted this.

Spoiler for An End:
Think of this as official retirement, but probably not permanent.
Epic...it's a nice ending, and sorta open too, for the ones that are still alive.

It's An End, but not The End, right?
Old 2011-03-16, 10:57   Link #9307
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Intro and Chapter 1 Scene 1
Chapter 1 Scene 2
Chapter 1 Scene 3
Chapter 1 Scene 4

Spoiler for Chapter 1 Scene 5:

And this is all I've gotten completed at this point.
Old 2011-03-16, 13:06   Link #9308
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Hmmm. I created one of these chars about 3 years ago, but never did anything with it because shortly thereafter I dropped off the face of this place. I decided to check back in upon realizing that the only reason I was fascinated with Touhou, was that what I really wanted was another Nanoha series, and Touhou is really the only thing with almost (but not quite) similar levels of unwarranted firepower. So yeah, I suppose you really can't fight Fate.

I think I'd like to take another crack at OC design and see what three years of mostly-offline experience has done to me. Like, y'know, actually learning how to fight. Mind you, my creativity stat does seem to have taken a hit in the meantime. . .

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 00:31   Link #9309
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Nanoha + Touhou levels of "unwarranted firepower" here in OCT? uh uh-oh oh
Old 2011-03-17, 01:50   Link #9310
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Touhou has characters with powers like time stopping, auto-insanity and nuclear fusion. To compare them to Nanoha is like comparing a lion to a kitty.

But welcome back. We could use a bit more life in this place.
Old 2011-03-17, 13:13   Link #9311
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Touhou has characters with powers like time stopping, auto-insanity and nuclear fusion. To compare them to Nanoha is like comparing a lion to a kitty.
It is not like the Nanoha characters doesn't have their own "destructive" abilities, but in both cases, I think it sucks, I'm personally against super-destructive character that can blow entire planets with the lift of a finger, they're so... boring in these days.
Old 2011-03-17, 15:11   Link #9312
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
yeah at least you don't start there with an ability set like that, there's no room for progression or even direction for a plot. Superman was given weaknesses after all.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 10:46   Link #9313
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

~~~Final Intelligence Update Completed~~~

What a strange time it has been. We've laughed, we've cried, we've raged about crack until hell froze over.

During this time, a small Belkadi boy of questionable birth turned into an overblown hero before being torn down over and over. As he grew and changed with each canon rectify and fanon complaint, so did I learn of tropes and cliches and traps to fall for. As his profile turned from a few thousand words to fucking 54 pages including illustrations and suggestions for variation, so did I go from happy little twit to depressed emo grouch to cbf troll.

Nanoha has come, grown up, and disappeared while pushing a giant asteroid set by me to destroy this thread.

Lo, with a page made of 44157 characters, is a relic from the past made valid to the present. This is what I believe would have been how things would be, had a certain grimdark world and a certain combined fic not come and changed everything.

It was an innocent love, but how often, do first loves last? Not when two young and inexperienced individuals mistook deep friendship for real lasting destiny. They have grown as much as I have done; Fate he has gone her way, while crack has been shipped off somewhere. And I have found real purpose.

So from ashes to ashes, dawn to dusk, it is most apt, that my long journey through the Takamachi Way, begins and ends with Kha.

- Fin -

I clasped my hands over my face, and waved the light novel away. I couldn't help but steal a mischievous look as the events of another fictional time rolled by my mind's eye. It was beginning to grow into a habit, this scribble of musings about another world and another place, where magic never existed and there was only rage. Much idling before Mass had been spent on that twisted memoir of a fictional life, and I thank her Gloriousness that somehow "Meister Babylon" managed to finish the novel of his eccentric untrue life. Perhaps calling it a retirement, too.

From there, I bowed from the altar and strode away from the gold lights of Monarch Church. It was beginning to get busy. I bow heads, greeting my pious brethren on their Sunday pilgrimage.

"Light be with you, der Kleriker."

"And so shall She be with you."

I wasn't confident for the book to sell, but it was incredibly fun to think outside my little box every once in a while. But playtime is over. Got to return to the real world, and my real "job". That job looked rather cross; even after all these years, the harmless people of Belka just never agreed with the dark magical girl. Like always, I took her hand, our minds connected and brushed her warmth inside. She let her petty woes pour free, and we laughed.

The people stopped and stared. What a sight it must be, the Grey Knight and the Starlight Destroyer chatting gayly. We didn't care; we never did.

I have always been her shield, and she has always been my Seiko.
Old 2011-03-19, 20:48   Link #9314
mechdra

Just went to look at Dog days website and I get the vibes that the characters are actually OC from this thread. Could someone confirm it?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 21:03   Link #9315
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Mechdra, let's be honest. There are few concepts available under Nanoha-type magitek (or beyond) that haven't been played out in this thread. At very least, a lot of the obvious extensions have probably been hit upon. Way I see it, if you see a familiar character, support them. Or make crossover fanart or something.

But the Japanese really don't like us enough to snoop our derivative forums and steal concept work.

Old 2011-03-19, 21:09   Link #9316
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You should have seen this place when StrikerS was still airing. We were howling with laughter and playfully accusing Tsuzuki of stealing our ideas every time we saw one of our own ideas back in the series.
Old 2011-03-19, 23:40   Link #9317
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

And let's not talk about how the Grey Knight Dreadknight armor concept is shared with a Belka original character's knight armor.

I still recall the conspiratists labelling each other as spies, or even Tsuzuki himself! It just shows that all mecha/SRW fans think alike.
Old 2011-03-20, 00:26   Link #9318
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

So, rewatched a good portion of the series in the last week, when I saw the description of the linker core in the movie, and Nanoha's meditation to try to get hers back up to scratch after she gets BoD'd. . . Well, all I can think of is that a mage that practiced various forms of Chinese qigong every day might be a dangerous opponent indeed.

So I've got an OC idea, strictly in the fledgling state, for a mage whose main focus is less on external projection of magic, but internal reinforcement of themselves and martial arts. Since that sort of training likely would also serve to strengthen the linker core's output, it'd serve as a double-reinforcement. In a fight, they'd be functionally a fisticuffs/tank Knight like Zafira or Subaru, with a little less shooting/technical magic, and more crazy-fast and tough as hell-ness.

Old 2011-03-20, 00:31   Link #9319
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Err... isn't internal reinforcement through magic and martial arts and such the entire idea behind the Belkan Knights? Even more so with Vivio and Einhart and Rio. Especially Einhart.
Old 2011-03-20, 00:39   Link #9320
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Hmmm. Possibly. I could only take ViViD in small doses, and had a hard time actually looking at the pages 'cause something in the tone was squicking me. I don't remember what the last chapter I read was.

But that totally makes sense.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content