2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 15:22   Link #1281
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
.........Wut to say about this trainwreck. I didn't really get it the first time so I had to rewatch. Was drowning in the Sanzu River when Nunnally cried.
Surprisingly I'm pleased with the ending we were given. Even if Lelouch dies and leaves a peaceful world for Nunnally as he promised. At least the trainwreck had a good result instead of a bad result.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:23   Link #1282
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiku View Post
What I don't understand is why he didn't take C.C.'s code. She didn't want to live, so is this really a good end for her? But she seems happy. Is this what Lelouch meant by making her smile before she died? I don't know why this would make her smile. She was even crying earlier. He changed the world and made it better. But is that what C.C. needed to be happy? I never thought that was what she needed. And it didn't seem like that was what Lelouch meant when he told her "I know your true wish now". I thought she wanted to be loved, and love someone. And now she did, but it was lost.
As much as I hate to say it, the ending and Lelouch sacrifice didn't feel like it gave me enough closure. Maybe there will be an extended ending on the DVD?

Besides not knowing C.C.'s name, there were some other things that remained unexplained as well. The time when Lelouch Geass became permanent, Suzaku seemed as if he could see C.C. inside her Knightmare, or the green human shaped aura that was outside.
She said something like "Can he see my..? Or is he also...?"
Is he also what? And that green aura appeared in the first episode as well on the truck that contained C.C. I always thought that was Marianne. Lelouch also appeared as that aura when he entered the World of C. I guess maybe the writer decided to change some things in the story, so this part was left out and never explained. And I'm not sure how Nunnaly could see a vision of Lelouch and Suzaku's conversations when she touched his hand either. Isn't that something that C.C. could do by touching Lelouch? Maybe he had a Code after all...
To clairfy, what C.C desires now is to live, as Lelouch urged her to do previously. As for the smile part, and the love thing, I'm of those who thinks that he is alive and likely driving the horse carriage, so this just adds more weight to how I feel on the subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
NOT GET SKEWERED BY THE SWORD!

Have a realistic peace instead of peace based on a lie. He screws Suzaku, he screws Kallen, he screws Nunally and what does Lelouch get?

His having sex with C.C in some hayloft. He can't watch over the world since if he ever does return the Charade would be revealed.

Living with his sins? Do you honestly think a man that treats his friends like shit would give a rats about the people he didn't like?
What's realistic in you terms of view? I believe more then documents, or agreements between nations, a real peace has to be obtained through the will to sustain it, and that must come from every individual who lives under it, thus encompassing the whole world. It is by will that we move forward, that we seek to grasp this thing known as peace and happiness, and it is through stirring peoples wills that I think we can achieve as such. As for Suzaku, well he wanted it that way and it becomes more important that Lelouch can't be there for him now after obtaining it in the first place, Kallen is living up her life in the new world so I don't know why you're complaining about her, and Nunnally is also working in sustaining this dream that she and her bothered shared.

What, can't watch T.V anymore? What about that whole sometime down the line this will fail bit, I imagine Lelouch will have more flexibility in that regard later on.

And you know what Charred? I'm getting just freaking sick of your rather simplistic and utter defamation of what Lelouch is and what he has done, in the end he's the guy who managed to bring about world peace as I said he would, he's the guy with the results, and that speaks more then what ever you're saying I feel.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:23   Link #1283
TheCreator

LMAO @ Guilford... isn't blind? buddy is running out with a gun like he can see.
TheCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:25   Link #1284
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
To clairfy, what C.C desires now is to live, as Lelouch urged her to do previously. As for the smile part, and the love thing, I'm of those who thinks that he is alive and likely driving the horse carriage, so this just adds more weight to how I feel on the subject
Well now we got another "plot device" that will be with us, and for some "screwing" we our heads as we try to decide on the "actual" end of the series. If it is the end of the series......

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2008-09-28, 15:25   Link #1285
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Jeez, this thread moves too fast but anyway, I'm in the Lelouche is still alive camp although I'm pretty ok with him dying too cause the scene with suzaku stabbing him and each other taking up their punishment to atone for their sins.

Nunnally crying her heart out for her brother and only made worst that she learnt of his plan was just so sad. It would have been a classical epic story with him dead.

But too many things points to Lulu being alive. Orange's knowledge of the whole sham and C.C's monologue gave away a lot.

While C.C's original contract was for her death but i believe it was only a solution to her loneliness. Having Lelouch around with her meant an end to that
Old 2008-09-28, 15:26   Link #1286
nutype
Future MD

you know what the scary thing is?

Even if Sunrise lopped off his head fanboys would still say he is alive by making the evidence fit the conclusion.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:26   Link #1287
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreator View Post
LMAO @ Guilford... isn't blind? buddy is running out with a gun like he can see.
Don't you know blind men make superb marksmen? Just watch Daredevil. Or Umibozou.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:26   Link #1288
Forever
Revealing the truth

An absolute open ending that Sunrise can manipulate as they see fit. If they decided to end the franchise, then lelouch will most likely be dead. Although they could always include a picture drama in the DVD to show that he is alive.

But it really sux to see that there is no explanation to Geass and C.C. real name.

I can really forsee the possible title of the Code Geass Movie if they decide to continue.

Schneizal's Counterattack!!!

2 years later, the geass on Schneizal weakens (I think it is shown that Geass does not casted does not last forever) and Schneizals breaks free from his geass.

Secretly, he delves into heavy research into geass itself, revealing geass true nature. He plots to once again use the power of geass to conquer the world (Rewrite the memories of the entire world via world of C).

Lelouch felt the disturbance of the world of C. He calls C.C via her real name and once again don the mask to save the world.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:26   Link #1289
Knight_of_Zero
Knight of Zero

I think that Lelouch is now in the World of C, and like Marianne he can speak to CC in her mind.

Nunally is probably the EMpress, and judging by the look on Ohgi's face Japan is Japan again.

Good ending. I was disappointed by the last few episode, but it was all simply for this spectacular finale.

Many loose ends, but the conclusion exists, and it was good.

Well done Sunrise, the bar for anime quality has risen yet again and Code Geass will live on in the mids of its many fans.
Knight_of_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:27   Link #1290
Hiku

Quote:
But in the previous episode, C.C. told Kallen that "I want to end this accumilation called "experience". So it seemed like she still wanted to die.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:27   Link #1291
5_of_Spades

Quote:
I don't know, its the ideas that I think speak the loudest, least why do legends have such an impact even today? That there will be continued struggles to maintain it is no doubt, but I think this is the first time it will actually be fully achieved, and as such I think that with that wish for something better fulfilled people will work harder to maintain it now that they know its possible. You have to believe if its going to work in the first place Spade, that kind of attitude already defeats the purpose. I think, I hope anyway, and have faith, that Lelouch finally managed to break the chain with himself this time, and a new one not tied to itself but ever flowing will carry forward the new link that he has established. That is my belief anyway, but since this has never happened before in history I can understand your pessimism, at the same time I am optimistic because it has never happened before in history and that leaves for all kinds of new considerations. I will believe, and I'll end it on the note they left us on with this series, as they have done with many a Sunrise series, that though war be the continuation of mans history, in the end the conclusion is peace
I wish I can be more optimistic too. But there are worse rulers in history than the evil emperor image that Lelouch made himself, and overthrowing them sure as heck didn't end war.

The only way to create so-called "peace everlasting" is to go Schneizel or Charle's routes, to freeze the world in a state of eternal stagnation. Lelouch wanted change and evolution. I think he knew and accepted the possibility of future conflict and war when he pulled his "Zero Requiem". All he had hoped to do was halt present conflict and set an heroic image for future generations to follow. Most people want peace and prosperity, but there are always folks out there who'd love to stir things up for their own gains/believes. More often than not these people are in the seats of power.

In this way, the ending of Code Geass for me is both hopeful and despairing.
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:27   Link #1292
GodOfSpeed

Blah i won't believe Lelouch is dead, and many people won't believev it too :P

We all just really hope he's alive....this anime is fantastic....all hail Lelouch! XD
Old 2008-09-28, 15:27   Link #1293
Charred Knight

Which brings me another thing

If Jeremiah knew why didn't Lelouch tell Kallen?

If a woman loved me the least you could do was to give her a dear John letter, instead he probably causes her to be a single woman all her life.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:27   Link #1294
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
I wonder what C.C. meant when she said that Kaguya understood a part of Lelouch's true nature/ saw a part of Lelouch.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:28   Link #1295
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
I wonder what C.C. meant when she said that Kaguya understood a part of Lelouch's true nature/ saw a part of Lelouch.

His slightly less of an asshole than he shows himself to be?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:29   Link #1296
BlackDove
Unheard

Wow, I was amazed they had the guts to do that ending.

I was totally expecting some time reversal bullshit where everyone goes back to school and everything is just the way it was when the whole thing started, except solved, and everyone lived happily ever after.

But they did the whole thing right.

Goodbye Lelouch. Great anime, both first and second season.

Onwards, towards Gundam 00.
BlackDove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:29   Link #1297
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

He could either be immortal or the one dying was his servant? =/
First time I watched the end I thought he couldn't possibly be alive, but it really looks like C.C.'s trying to talk to Lelou at the end when she calls his name, and she looks a bit too happy imo.
Old 2008-09-28, 15:30   Link #1298
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

a fitting end for that douche bag glad he died, now code geass is enjoyable!
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:31   Link #1299
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
I'm eagerly waiting the eclipse release but I also dread how badly they are going to ruin a once great series. I'm just glad it's over, they can't hurt it anymore than they already have.

PLEASE be a good ending T_T
Gundampilotspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 15:31   Link #1300
narmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDove View Post
Wow, I was amazed they had the guts to do that ending....

But they did the whole thing right.

Goodbye Lelouch. Great anime, both first and second season.

Onwards, towards Gundam 00.
I too am amazed with the ending and I have to admit Sunrise did an excellent job. With Gundam 00 season 2 coming up, they have quite alot to explain and hopefully we will get an ending not similar to Code Geass R2.