AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 3 8.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 11.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 20.59%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 14.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.94%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.88%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-18, 22:26   Link #21
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
Watch the episode? I only read these threads and Omni's blog. No way am I wasting my bandwidth cap on this. :P
Yeah...what can l say, lm a glutton for punishment....besides l feel obligated to finish a series l have stated watching. lt gives more stuff to bitch about, lulz.
Old 2009-07-18, 22:47   Link #22
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Both of you didn't spot the very obvious error. Watch the episode for this particular scene and try to figure it out. It's has something to do with the facts from the game.
hehe not everyone has played the game so your gonna drop some hints on that matter

but the most obvious error is the spelling, you wonder if it would kill them to pick up a english dictonary once in awhile. I mean this ain't the first time bad grammar is used here, the oh so aweful stuff used to describe Rosie and Largo was *faceplam*
Old 2009-07-18, 22:59   Link #23
Snowman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
so can anyone give me a summary as to what alicia and welkin where talkin about? 0.o
Spoiler for answer *HUGE spoiler*:

I've studied Japanese for 10 years self-study now, so I don't understand every single word said, but I understand about 80% of the conversation. I understood what was going on and such.
Old 2009-07-18, 23:07   Link #24
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post

I've studied Japanese for 10 years self-study now, so I don't understand every single word said, but I understand about 80% of the conversation. I understood what was going on and such.
Spoiler for hmm:
Old 2009-07-18, 23:09   Link #25
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
@darknemo2000

For the sake of the argument, I think it's better to just continue moving with the story and accept there were somewhat close. By their defintion of course.

Back to Topic.

I don't know about you guys but don't you think that almost sounds "selfish"? (Can't find the word).

For starters, I do not think it is right to push "someone" into in other person's arms, especially if they don't feel the same.

Alicia has strong feelings for Welkin, he has strong feelings for her, end of story.

Faldio comes into the picture and develops strong feelings for Alicia, ok, but Alicia defintely does not feel the same way.

In this case Welkin is disrespecting Alicia's feelings.

This time I'm throwing the monkey wrench at Welkin. If what I suspect will happen in the next battle, he better pull that head of his out of his ass.
Old 2009-07-18, 23:47   Link #26
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Spoiler for hmm:
Same here >.< The only thing I noticed is that she blushes every time she sees a man.
Old 2009-07-18, 23:59   Link #27
Runty

Methinks Alicia needs to turn to some of the other girls for advice. Maybe Marina *lol* would give some *pfft* nice tips...

*LMAO* I couldn't say that with a straight face. After what Marina did this episode, which by the way was freaking awesome, I think she might have KP duty for the next little while. Oh well, it was great for a laugh.
Old 2009-07-19, 00:04   Link #28
Snowman24

Well when you look at who is in squad 7...don't think any girls would be able to give good advice.

Edy: Just hit em!, that always works when I want a guy to do something for me
Susie: Try the non-violent approach, things can always be worked out peacefully
Aisha: What Boys!!, EWW!, boys!!.
Marina: *Glare*......*glare some more*

Personally, I think she'd have more luck asking Jann Walker how to deal with men
Old 2009-07-19, 00:09   Link #29
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
I dunno about you guys, but I think the insert of "No Matter the Distance" (from the VC game) was perfectly implemented. Just great for the mood of the moment between Alicia and Welkin.
I was mildly disappointed that it wasn't being used for the anime OP, but now I can say that it was justified.
Old 2009-07-19, 00:24   Link #30
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
@darknemo2000

For the sake of the argument, I think it's better to just continue moving with the story and accept there were somewhat close. By their defintion of course.

Back to Topic.

I don't know about you guys but don't you think that almost sounds "selfish"? (Can't find the word).

For starters, I do not think it is right to push "someone" into in other person's arms, especially if they don't feel the same.

Alicia has strong feelings for Welkin, he has strong feelings for her, end of story.

Faldio comes into the picture and develops strong feelings for Alicia, ok, but Alicia defintely does not feel the same way.

In this case Welkin is disrespecting Alicia's feelings.

This time I'm throwing the monkey wrench at Welkin. If what I suspect will happen in the next battle, he better pull that head of his out of his ass.
Its more like Welkin is insensitive jerk. But also a bit jealous and confused.

He and alicia never felt all that close in my book, and the fact that Alicia blushes to around every man that approaches her doesnt help matters much just like the fact that she seems to spend more time with Faldio than with Welkin anyway (though more is because Falkdio is sticking to her like a wet leaf to her ass).

Yeah she was flustered around him and tried to pull moves on him when alone, but she looks flustered by about every man around anyway.
Old 2009-07-19, 02:21   Link #31
Solecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Spoiler for space:

Notice something wrong here ?
I haven't watched the ep yet and don't know if it's what you meant, but aren't the T-Mag and GSR-10 Gallian weapons? I mean I guess it wouldn't be so wierd since you could use enemy weapons in the game, but I wouldn't think the imperials would stockpile them.
Old 2009-07-19, 02:32   Link #32
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
I haven't watched the ep yet and don't know if it's what you meant, but aren't the T-Mag and GSR-10 Gallian weapons? I mean I guess it wouldn't be so wierd since you could use enemy weapons in the game, but I wouldn't think the imperials would stockpile them.
You got it. It makes no sense for them to gather and stockpile the enemies weapons. I blame the animation crew of not getting their facts right.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:00   Link #33
Snowman24

Well if that was all that it was, then that wasn't fair. Since you could always stockpile Imperial weapons since forever in the game.

But you could never stockpile the Ruhm, Selvarias personal weapon, specially made for her, and her alone. You could not get that weapon until AFTER the Downloadable content was made available, or the DLC very much later after the game was released. But Imperial weapons, you got gather them as early as the 3rd or 4th mission in the video game.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:06   Link #34
jwai

Quote:
But Imperial weapons, you got gather them as early as the 3rd or 4th mission in the video game.
Never mind that most of the captured Imperial weapons are inferior to what you can already research, although the Imperial flamethrowers are really awesome.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:09   Link #35
kalbron

Hahaha.

Thank you Omni for the hilarity! Why didn't anyone else notice this?

http://randomc.maximum7.net/image/Va...0May%20Cry.jpg

Who cares if it doesn't make sense! Babelfish to save the day, then copy and paste!
Old 2009-07-19, 03:43   Link #36
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

any hints about what is supposed to happen in the next battle? I guess this is something from the game.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:43   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my, i laughed quite a bit how they just ended on such a happy brother and sister moment. Would have been better if they ended on the Alicia and Welkin walking off, but oh no, let's add in a siscon route.

Apart from that this episode was worth it just for loli Selvaria.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:50   Link #38
Darknemo2000

Well it proves you should not pay attention much to the things in VC, and not try too hard thinking since obviously script-writers were not thinking much themselves.

You just have to sit and watch it. (not going to say "and enjoy it" since so far it hasn't been all that enjoyable experience at least for me).

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2009-07-19 at 04:43.
Old 2009-07-19, 04:19   Link #39
kalbron

@Darknemo2000:

Heh, they're not even trying anymore. Especially not since they took a Devil May Cry press release/wikipedia entry and used Babelfish or something to translate it into English, then inserted it onto a sheet of paper to make it seem like some sort of "important report".
Old 2009-07-19, 04:36   Link #40
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:

l wonder when the writters will stop giving us gamers the middle finger....

About the ending, l'm pretty sure what they where trying to convey is that the only thing that's keeping welkin still going is lsara that's the only happiness he has whut with the war going on and the horrible situation going on between him and alicia...oh and that fool faldio.

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-07-19 at 04:56.
Closed Thread