AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-04-13, 14:42   Link #141
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
So, my brother and sister got the game. I have noticed something: This game is almost begging to be MSTed. With sure voices and dialogue, it'd be hard not to make fun of the cinemas. One of the people for Organization XIII sounds like he's really high, puberty kicked Sora in the throat with no mercy, and other stuff, y'know? *snicker*

I would play it, but the epilogue turns me off. I don't want to play as Roxas. He's such a faggy-boy and I want him to burn in hell. There's another reason: my sister threatened me to leave the PS2 at home instead of taking it to my dad's overnight.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 17:14   Link #142
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
I actually found Sora's voice to fit the character pretty well (US version, that is. Haven't played the JP), specially since in the game's timeline it's passed a year since the first game.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 19:06   Link #143
Pipp-ORK

Yeah, Sora's voice is okay, but I prefer his KH1 voice. :P In KH2 he sounds kinda like he has a sore-throat, or something.

Haha, when you first began playing as Sora (after the Roxas thing), I was all, "YES!!!"

;-; <------ Tears of JOY, man, JOY.
Pipp-ORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-14, 01:42   Link #144
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipp-ORK
Yeah, Sora's voice is okay, but I prefer his KH1 voice. :P In KH2 he sounds kinda like he has a sore-throat, or something.

Haha, when you first began playing as Sora (after the Roxas thing), I was all, "YES!!!"

;-; <------ Tears of JOY, man, JOY.
Mind you, Sora's voice is still Haley Joel Osment, so I guess it's equally as fitting that seeing as Sora aged, so did Haley Joel.
Old 2006-04-14, 11:07   Link #145
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I would have preferred they actually hired an actor that has already had a voice change rather than Osment - if I recall, the JP voices never changed, as Sora already had a post-pubescent voice. Osment sounds almost exactly like him now, too - but I wish he had always sounded like that.
Old 2006-04-14, 19:28   Link #146
iceyfw

ouch when riku got hit on the side from ansem.

i hope there is a kh3.. =
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 06:36   Link #147
ruchik

in spoiler tags just in case....an actual interview with nomura.

Spoiler for for secret ending:
ruchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 22:44   Link #148
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Specific KH2 Non-Spoiler Question....

Hey...I just started playing KH2 tonight and I need an answer about the difficulty levels.

I'm not sure whether to stick with hard or switch to normal.

I played the original KH on hard but never finished it....I got stuck around the point where Beast fights with you...it just got to the point where tons of leveling seemed necessary...that or uncanny playing skill. So I don't want a difficulty that will prevent me from playing the game.

That said, I've heard a lot of reviewers saying that KH2 is too easy. In fact, one review talked about how they button-mashed on normal without looking at the screen and often found that they'd won fights. I like some challenge and don't mind some leveling. I play most games on hard and breeze through them....as I've heard some say, "hard is the new normal."

It would seem I should just go with hard, right? Thing is (swallow pride), I'm having some difficulty with the first boss on hard (pride mode). Now...the game doesn't give any opportunities to really level before this, so my guess is that future difficulties can be eased with some leveling. Still, should I stick with hard if I'm having difficulties here? Is normal as easy as reviewers say?

MODS: I'd put this in the KH2 thread, but it reeks of spoilers....even stuff that isn't in spoiler boxes.
Old 2006-04-15, 22:56   Link #149
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Having trouble with the first boss even on Proud?

Even though Sora's somewhat easier to use compared to Roxas, I'd say you're better off playing Easy or Normal. While this game does indeed need less of a levelling compared to KH, it all boils down to how good you are with action games and your reaction time.

And the only reason this game looks somewhat easier is due to Forms and Single button reactions. If this game has multi-button reactions, it'd be way harder.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 00:02   Link #150
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

hmm.....nevermind...I just realized that you could make enemies respawn by leaving the area. after 5-10 minutes of leveling, he was nothing.

Mods...I guess you can close this....sorry for the bother
Old 2006-04-16, 00:38   Link #151
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
And the only reason this game looks somewhat easier is due to Forms and Single button reactions. If this game has multi-button reactions, it'd be way harder.
Though not much of a challenge, that happens on Atlantida. Still pretty fun to beat.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-04-16, 00:51   Link #152
iceyfw

awesome... but where did you the informationfrom?
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 01:03   Link #153
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Must say Kh2 is WAY better than number 1 and Riku is to die for in Kh2 Also like to say Roxas was ok but after a while he got annoying as for the secret ending a field of keyblades looks nice

@Tia. Nice Riku avatar guessing you like him to Yay another Riku fan ^^
Old 2006-04-16, 01:03   Link #154
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Yeah, definetly awesome.

Even it's a small light of hope, it's bette than nothing, right fellas? :P

Old 2006-04-16, 09:42   Link #155
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Earth day, Day one, Razer's log:

Due to my laziness to use a mod to play IIDX, I played KH2 for three hours. I am not past the part of playing Roxas, or as my siblings and I dubbed him, "Faggy boy". I am grateful for being done playing Faggy boy, and perhaps the game will go uphill from this point onward. There are too many cinemas throughout the game, and I am forever grateful
for the "Skip scene" option, for it has saved me much time.

The new Gummi Ship challanges are quite fun this time around instead of annoying. I am amazed by the work they put into traveling from world-to-world for the sequel. I am greatly impressed by the improvement.

End transmission.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 10:20   Link #156
Renesis-C
Senior Member...?

Just Finished the game. Thoughts:

1) Like the reviews online have stated, the battles have losed a bit of their spark from the first KH1. I'm not exactly sure why, there's alot more going on screen, more abilities (less magic and summons though, but i didn't use them much in no.1 anyway), enemies are not as "push over" as the reviews suggest (not hard though). I think for hardcore fans (i.e me and I guess everyone else here) this small thing won't matter, like, it's not as if the battles sucked. I'm also not sure about the whole camera issue, In both 1 and 2, i'd never needed to adjust the camera. Ever.

2) AWESOME, I repeat, AWESOME story. This alone kept me going late into the night. It was well worth the initial confusion to continue and beat the game.

3) Animations. In game was probably just a step foward, Opening and Ending were pretty giant leaps. Thumbs up.

4) Gummi ship is ALOT better than before.

5) Liked how the characters "grew" and not just Sora (i.e Cloud).

The awesome and the very intriguing plot alone made this game one of my favourites ever. But it didn't go as high up on my list as i would have hoped, that's because of the battle system and the linear way in which the game plays (alot more linear than in Kh1 and that was linear too).
Still, I have no regrets pouring 27 or so hours into the game (I did most of the side quest stuff, but not every single one) and would happily do it again.

Sadly I didn't get the secret ending (so i have no idea what the last few pages of posts are on about). But, I hope there is a KH3, because it's such a great idea (disney vs square-enix) and it'd give the makers a chance to get everything perfect, not to mention how awesome it'd be on PS3.
Renesis-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 10:35   Link #157
Kaito

This game is still not out yet in the Netherlands. I believe we have to wait till the end of october. I want to play it so bad.
Kaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 10:41   Link #158
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
There are too many cinemas throughout the game, and I am forever grateful
for the "Skip scene" option, for it has saved me much time.
OH MY GOD, THAT WAS THE BEST IMPROVEMENT EVER!

Seriously, having to go through the entire scenes when you die just SUCK. Example is
Spoiler:

Quote:
Sadly I didn't get the secret ending (so i have no idea what the last few pages of posts are on about). But, I hope there is a KH3, because it's such a great idea (disney vs square-enix) and it'd give the makers a chance to get everything perfect, not to mention how awesome it'd be on PS3.
Youtube amazing is, young padawan. Just do a search and you'll find a lot.

Old 2006-04-16, 18:25   Link #159
sinistral
SOS団

Completed KHII yesterday. I am very glad to play Proud Mode because it seriously sucks trying to get 100% for the Jiminy's Journal(collect this number of shard/stone/gem).

Thought that it didn't really close the story, thus opening a path for a sequel.
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 20:06   Link #160
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesis-C
Like the reviews online have stated, the battles have losed a bit of their spark from the first KH1. I'm not exactly sure why, there's alot more going on screen, more abilities (less magic and summons though, but i didn't use them much in no.1 anyway), enemies are not as "push over" as the reviews suggest (not hard though). I think for hardcore fans (i.e me and I guess everyone else here) this small thing won't matter, like, it's not as if the battles sucked. I'm also not sure about the whole camera issue, In both 1 and 2, i'd never needed to adjust the camera. Ever.
I personally thought battles were -more- dynamic than before - there's a level of interactivity that wasn't there before. In the first game, battles were little more than mashing the X (or O for imports) key - even the added specials in Final Mix were little more than randomly-activating tack-ons to standard combos. KH2 had a much larger degree of variety - not only with the interactivity prompts, but with the ability to use different attacks within combos - I had fun coming up with custom strings, alternating between the X (O) and Square keys to keep things from getting boring.