AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-03-28, 16:12   Link #481
Zappster

Congratulations to Arsenal. What a result and a performance to match

Juve were absolutely awful and barely troubled Arsenal (1 shot on target all game I think). Looked really out of sorts and not particularly bothered at the prospect of playing in a CL semi final(see Camoranesi), whereas it seemed like all the Arsenal players would die for the cause. In the end they just seemed to want it all that more. A shame Arsenal didn't score more tbh. Once again Henry rubbished claims that he's not a big game player by his performance today. Not just him but the whole team played out of their skins.

Camoranesi though, total cunt. You've just been sent off in a CL game where you've played pretty shit(admittedly the rest of the team weren't any better) and then you start swaggering off the pitch blowing kisses and waving, right in front of the manager almost. It didn't seem like he cared at all about what he'd done, looked totally relaxed and calm about it. Whereas you see Capello who looked furious.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 23:31   Link #482
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

Let us not forget also from the Champions League, SLBenfica Vs FCBarcelona = 0-0. OMG! A freakin' tie. I can't believe we (Benfica) actually got a tie from them. I'm not getting my hopes up, I know we can clearly lose in Barcelona.
Caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 00:38   Link #483
real folk blues..

i'm rooting for benfica on that one.. i don't like barcelona... lay off henry!!
anyway, looks like arsenal did the right thing in selling vieira, the poor guy got booked for the match and will be unavailable for the return leg. cesc fabregas however, scored a goal, created another and won man of the match.
go figure.
but having said that, i was in tears when i saw vieira playing in highbury, wearing a black and white jersey.
it just wasn't right..

Last edited by 1.0.7.; 2006-03-29 at 19:30.
1.0.7. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 03:13   Link #484
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Different fortunes for both Milan teams last night.

AC Milan leave it very late, for a while, I thought Lyon would hold out, but that goal by Inzaghi was quite amazing, after Shevchenko shot and hit BOTH posts. Good thing Inzaghi was there at the right time. And then Sheva went and put the nail in the coffin for Lyon's hopes. It's a pity for Lyon, who played on par with Milan, IMO.

Villarreal continue to show their amazing counter attacking ability, they are more of an Italian catenaccio side than Inter were. To be in the semi-finals of the Champions League in their first try, not bad at all.

AC Milan will face the winner between Benfica and Barcelona tonight, just hope Barca don't run out of goals like Liverpool did. And Arsenal have a tough task at Juve, but Juve has del Piero injured, Viera and Camoranesi suspended, while the Gunners have gamemaker Cesc Fabregas fit on time. My money's on the Gunners to emulate Liverpool last season.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 03:05   Link #485
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Barca wins and Arsenal holds a draw with Juventus, making Arseanl the winners on aggregate.

Damn, another red card... for NEDVED?!

Looks like its going to be Arsenal vs. Villa and AC Milan vs. Barcelona...
________
California Dispensary

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:14.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 05:07   Link #486
real folk blues..

3 red cards for juventus over the two legs. have to say thoguh, that the game at turin was uninspiring.. but who cares, we're through
and i would've hoped benfica would go through *sighs*
Old 2006-04-06, 05:35   Link #487
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

.. I thought this thread was dead in the hax

A dream final for me would be against Barcelona ... "Lay off your hands!!!" ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 09:40   Link #488
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

AC Milan vs Barcelona, definately two games worth waking up in the middle of the night for. (Extreme timezone differences, you know) But Barca seem to have all the right stuff at the right time, simply the favourites of the favourites. (It's amazing that Barca has so far only won one European Cup in the history of the competition, while AC Milan has six already. Even Benfica had two, one more than Barca, though they won that ages ago. )

I've said it once and I'll say it again, the Gunners have the aura of Liverpool last season. I won't be surprised if they overcome the defensive counter-attacking style of Villarreal and get to the final.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 06:29   Link #489
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
I've said it once and I'll say it again, the Gunners have the aura of Liverpool last season. I won't be surprised if they overcome the defensive counter-attacking style of Villarreal and get to the final.
The mercurial Henry is just a tremendous source of confidence for the young Arsenal side. Bar more injuries, I predict an Arsenal v Barca or Arsenal v AC Milan final.
Old 2006-04-19, 01:09   Link #490
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

AC Milan lost against Barcelona 0-1... What a game..... anyway tonight is the Arsenal v Villareal match, which is what im more hyped up for.
________
Ford boss 302 engine specifications

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:16.
Old 2006-04-19, 01:23   Link #491
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I just checked the goal for the Barca-Milan game. Ronaldinho made an amazing pinpoint pass. Both the assist and the goal are amazing. Hopefully, despite the disadvantage of the first game, Milan goes to finals again, and this time won't stop halfway through the match and gets the cup at the end.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 11:51   Link #492
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

My money's on Barca v Arsenal final. I think Barca should win the return fixture against AC.

Arsenal v Villareal tonight. Should be interesting: I wonder if Arsenal can keep their current good CL form going. Kinda like us last season..
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 23:01   Link #493
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yes!!!! it pays to stay up late and watch

Go Gunners!!!

Some questionable refereee decision but overall.. we have 1 leg in the final. A splendid performance to end our glorious Highbury day in Europe. Luck played a bit part to Arsenal as well .. so no complaining
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-19, 23:09   Link #494
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Arsenal is going to win.

Damn I demand a rematch for AC milan and Barca, Milan has to beat Barca, cause I just don't like them.

Anyways Inzaghi and Shevchenko are always the stars for AC, I want to see more stars rise in AC insted of both of them.

For world cup go Italy!
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 23:21   Link #495
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

o.O Italy supporters o_O .. Then, my dear friend Hawq, we are eternally enemies during world cup events o_o

Or do you mean EURO?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-19, 23:41   Link #496
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

either one.

I have been an Italy supporter since I was 7, getting the influence from my mother.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 01:41   Link #497
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Haha, Arsenal beat Villa 1-0. Anyway, has anyone SEEN the game?. To be honest for the first 30 minutes I was more entertained when the squirrel ran onto the field, not once, not twice, but THREE times. It was hilarious..... thats Highbury for you...
________
Hiv / Aids Advice

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:16.
Old 2006-04-20, 01:55   Link #498
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Haha, dont see the squirrel from the live telecast .. but damn that coughing >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-20, 02:06   Link #499
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
either one.

I have been an Italy supporter since I was 7, getting the influence from my mother.
Good thing. I've been Italy supporter since I was born, since I'm italian

As for the semifinals round 1, Barcelona had a bit of luck in San Siro on tuesday, I believe the draw (1-1 probably) would have been the fairest result, Milan wasted a lot of chances, and yes, Inzaghi's absence was heavy to efford. Gilardino is still young and as a value he's still like 1/2 Inzaghi. Add that Shevchenko was entrampted, and Kakà closed in a cage (but he didn't seem much inspired either).
Add that Ronaldinho is so much the stronger player in the world at the moment and the 0-1 is done.
My percentage before San Siro's match were Milan 49% Barcelona 51% (just because Barça had return at home), but now with this result I'd say for Camp Nou: Barcelona 70% , Milan 30% . It's not impossible for italians to recover, but there's a needing for all of the most powerful players to be at their best, and this doesn't exactly seem the best period.

Yesterday I've saw one of the most boring matches a CL match can offer. I really expected a lot more from the Gunners. Well 1-0 was a right result IMHO. True that a regular gol of Henry was invalidated but true also that a clear penalty for Villareal was denied.
Bad bad referee performance, how could you put an unexperienced man like Plautz as referee for a CL semis?

Bah, anyway now it'll be tough for Arsenal in Madrigal stadium. Even though they're still my obvious favourite (let's say 60% vs. 40%)
Old 2006-04-20, 02:06   Link #500
real folk blues..

wow..now where do i stand? with KiNa or Mr. Hawq? haha i've been an italy fan since world cup `94 as well..
man..i live in the same time zone as you KiNa, but i was too tired..i didn't hear my alarm go off :cry: so the only action i got was from eurosportnews.. yeah well..at least we won!!!
can't rest on our laurels just yet though, next week is the decider hope we make it..
i'm still concerned about the ongoings inside arsenal football club.
henry, pires, cole even campbell have uncertain futures.. i hope things will turn out well..
that henry interview scared me a bit though, yeah we can see his commitment on the field, i hope that's an indication that he's staying. OR..that he's leaving and he just doesn't want to say it yet :S..
anyway,
enough of that, tottenham for the weekend, we need to beat them to catch up with them..which i hope we do

Tags
football, soccer