AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-25, 17:03   Link #81
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Or you can do unlock scenario which unlocks chapter select and you can just pick day 5.
This isn't an option for those playing the Demo, unfortunately.

Mion (Sonozaki Futago-tachi)
Old 2008-01-27, 01:53   Link #82
Roll

Wow! that was quick! As always, thanks for the translation patch! And about the save files problem, I really don't mind, I always start from 0 anyway! I like to read it many times : P
Old 2008-01-27, 13:36   Link #83
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Talking

Heh, no comments yet on Super Penalty Game Fetish Land(TM), aka Onikakushi Day 5?

Old 2008-01-27, 14:11   Link #84
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I really starting to wonder who's more perverted Battler with his fetishes or Keiichi and his "God" mode
Old 2008-01-27, 18:20   Link #85
MrZombie

This is odd, I can't seem to get the patch for day 5 working at all. Day 4 and the "What Kind of Name is 'Rena'?" TIPs are the last thing that's translated. I wonder what's going on?

That's the full version I'm using.

Edit: Ignore this please. Seems there were some problems with my save data. I feel like an idiot.

Last edited by MrZombie; 2008-01-27 at 18:32.
Old 2008-01-27, 18:32   Link #86
Hareoic
There will be burgers

I'm confused as to what's been translated so far...
Old 2008-01-27, 18:35   Link #87
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
I'm confused as to what's been translated so far...
The first 5 "chapters" of Onikakushi, aka Days 1-5; as well as the TIPS that follow after each of these Days.

Old 2008-01-29, 09:06   Link #88
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I already said in a PM. Day 5 left me rolling in my bed laughing.
Old 2008-02-01, 06:29   Link #89
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

Day 5 was HELLA funny. The "Everything" simply topped it off...

Its weird, but I want to see a picture of Keiichi in all that gear, just so I can laugh my head off more.... The setup is just too evil funny.

I recently received a copy of Higurashi that I bought online from http://www.himeyashop.com/
Apart from a small stuff up (they sent me Umineko no Naku Koro ni part 2 instead of Higurashi Kai Matsuri Bayashi - getting it fixed right now) it was a fairly simple and quick order process. They even support PayPal.
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...oducts_id/2237
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_in...oducts_id/4952
They were fairly straight forward, and fairly easy for me to use. Even their support (in the rare situation you need it) was fairly easy to use.

Im thinking I might upload a small guide for people on how to get their systems running Higurashi with the English Patch, both the Demo and the Full Version. Unfortunately, alot of those guides out there seem to contain steps that arnt needed. Plus, Windows loves to do some stuff that just plain confuses or scares when you first see it. Also, some of the steps arnt needed to play the game, just to get it to install correctly.

Hmm. Would there be enough people out there who need Windows 2000 instructions?
Old 2008-02-01, 14:15   Link #90
Rayneing
Trombe!

You can see Keiichi wearing all that in the Onikakushi manga. I don't have a picture handy, unfortunately.

Heh, I can't wait for Day 9.
Old 2008-02-01, 20:00   Link #91
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
You can see Keiichi wearing all that in the Onikakushi manga. I don't have a picture handy, unfortunately.
And, that tells me where to look....
*downloads*

Here we go!
Old 2008-02-06, 15:03   Link #92
EndlessDestiny

Send a message via AIM to EndlessDestiny Send a message via MSN to EndlessDestiny Send a message via Yahoo to EndlessDestiny
I've been trying to get the game to work. I downloaded the patch and demo game. I double click the onscripter, a window pops up then disappears. If I click the game file it's in japanese.
Old 2008-02-06, 17:26   Link #93
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessDestiny View Post
I've been trying to get the game to work. I downloaded the patch and demo game. I double click the onscripter, a window pops up then disappears. If I click the game file it's in japanese.
Make sure that the patch files are in a subfolder of the demo game. Look for the folder that actually contains these demo game files: nscript.dat, arc.nsa (~50MB), a Japanese .exe, etc.

Now, if the demo files are C:\Program Files\higurashi, you would put the patch files (onscripter-en.exe, etc.) in, say, C:\Program Files\higurashi\English

Hope this helps,

Last edited by Sonozaki Futagotachi; 2008-02-06 at 17:32. Reason: clarity
Old 2008-02-07, 22:00   Link #94
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

On the main menu in the demo version there are four buttons and the third is for Omake. When I click on it, it only says exit, so what exactly do i have to do to unlock it? Also, will you be translating the Omake?
Old 2008-02-07, 22:11   Link #95
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
On the main menu in the demo version there are four buttons and the third is for Omake. When I click on it, it only says exit, so what exactly do i have to do to unlock it? Also, will you be translating the Omake?
The Omake is not available in the demo version. Technically, you shouldn't be seeing the Omake button at all, but the original game script doesn't seem to leave out the button correctly (it's not there when the program starts, but seems to appear if you come back from the "Continue" menu and such.)

The Omake elements are available in the full version of the game, and yes, we are translating them.

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)
Old 2008-02-07, 22:40   Link #96
DaCyclops
Freshly Exiled Zero

On the topic of using the demo, make sure your computer is extracting it correctly. I do know that the extractor uses Japanese characters in some file names, and it can royally screw those up if you dont do it correctly...
(I think I might hurry up on that guide I mentioned...)

And your right about Omake not being left out correctly. Fairly sure that if you click in its position when its "not there" it will appear and take you to the Omake section... You only get to Exit, but thats still a bit unusual.

On another note, what does the Omake actually contain? I know it has the Chapter Select feature, and when I tried that it did add more features in there (and I think one was a minigame). What exactly are the extras?

Last edited by DaCyclops; 2008-02-07 at 22:42. Reason: err, forgot to actually say the demo stuff.
Old 2008-02-08, 01:19   Link #97
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Okay, about the Omake...

When playing the demo, once you've finished the Onikakushi story, you'll have proper access to the Omake menu from that point on.

You'll be able to jump to a particular chapter (from the "Start" button), and the Omake menu has access to a bonus "afterwards" scenario as well as a full TIPS menu.

If you have the full game, once you finish Onikakushi you'll have access to the same Omake as the demo, as well as a minigame. The later stories (Watanagashi, etc.) will give you other bonus scenarios and minigames, and some other stuff which we haven't looked at very much yet. (Hey, those won't be available for a while...)

Old 2008-02-08, 20:39   Link #98
EndlessDestiny

Send a message via AIM to EndlessDestiny Send a message via MSN to EndlessDestiny Send a message via Yahoo to EndlessDestiny
I got the english patch working, but there's no sound.
Old 2008-02-08, 22:35   Link #99
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
The Omake is not available in the demo version. Technically, you shouldn't be seeing the Omake button at all, but the original game script doesn't seem to leave out the button correctly (it's not there when the program starts, but seems to appear if you come back from the "Continue" menu and such.)

The Omake elements are available in the full version of the game, and yes, we are translating them.

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)
Thank you very much ^_____^
Old 2008-02-08, 22:37   Link #100
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Oh, by the way. What do you do in the Mini-games?
Closed Thread