AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-07-11, 09:34   Link #5941
King-Slayer

Toki's first chapter was a pretty cute little thing. Definitely a different set up than i'm use to with the Saki series. Also that "don't become someone special to me" is a bit weird.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-12, 07:32   Link #5942
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Toki's first chapter was a pretty cute little thing. Definitely a different set up than i'm use to with the Saki series. Also that "don't become someone special to me" is a bit weird.
That kind of stuff is pretty common in yuri, and Mekimeki does like using drama. That said, the more down to earth stuff was pretty good: Toki is a good example of a shy and demotivated person, down to being paranoid about being looked at rather than glad. I'll admit this isn't the kind of relationship I expected from them, but I do believe it will be interesting to see how it develops, and hey, Toki is already imagining Ryuuka half naked, so progres has already been made.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 08:46   Link #5943
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Main series of saki was getting away from yuri lately, Toki brings the light yuri back~

Can someone tell me which posters came with Shinohayu 5?

Last edited by Daisu; 2016-07-17 at 21:57.
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 00:22   Link #5944
Kazu-kun

Saki 162 translated. Toki's still badass but Suzu has awakened in the last page. Next chapter things are gonna get rough for Toki.

On the flip side, Toki's power has evolved. Let's see how her new power set matches up to Suzu's explosions. Hopes Toki wins. She deserves it more than anyone.
Old 2016-07-18, 01:11   Link #5945
Chitanda Eru

Suzu is about to explode again. However, she is still low-level player and we saw that Satoha did stop her easily. And I think Toki is the same level as Satoha (or at least very close to her) since her ability has evovled.
Anyways, For me, this 5th-place match seems like battle between senriyama and himematsu. And I don't like it since it takes a very long time when I really want the finale comes soon @__@.

Ritz made a hint of Nodoka's left hand in the semi, however she didn't mention it anymore after that, I expect Nodoka will show her left hand skill for the final, but it seems to be impossible since there's about some hours for the final to start.
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 01:17   Link #5946
Kazu-kun

This chapter shows that supernatural abilities can easily evolve under the right conditions. Maybe Nodoka playing with her left hand will awaken some sort of new ability too. We'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, I love Toki so I don't mind this match too much. The finals can wait as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-07-18 at 01:32.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 06:48   Link #5947
Kamieichi

Intentional or coincidence? Either way, this combined image of elementary school Toki and high school Toki is fascinating.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
Can someone tell me which posters came with Shinohayu 5?
If you mean tankoubon shop bonuses, here.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-07-21, 11:26   Link #5948
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
Suzu is about to explode again. However, she is still low-level player and we saw that Satoha did stop her easily. And I think Toki is the same level as Satoha (or at least very close to her) since her ability has evovled.
And then Suzu's bombs evolve as well, her explosions now reaching beyond time or being made of chaos itself I wouldn't put it past this series to pull either of those off.

It seems Toki is already aware something could happen, but being able to see multiple results now, will she be able to tell in which one Suzu explodes? Also, its clear she can't spam even one turn sight anymore (more power means more stamina loss for the sickly girl), so she'll have to stop at some point or Ryuuka will really have a heart attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
This chapter shows that supernatural abilities can easily evolve under the right conditions. Maybe Nodoka playing with her left hand will awaken some sort of new ability too. We'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, I love Toki so I don't mind this match too much. The finals can wait as far as I'm concerned.
God's left hand?

I want Toki to win, but I wouldn't mind seeing Kirame somehow stealth her way into victory.
Old 2016-07-21, 11:36   Link #5949
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Suzu is about to explode again. However, she is still low-level player and we saw that Satoha did stop her easily.
I still remember her going crazy during the second hanchan regardless of what Satoha tried. Suzu's ability seems to be the kind that is stronger the stronger her opponents are, so it should actually be a pretty good match for Toki. I mean it needs to be, otherwise there's literally no one at the table able to stop her.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 12:29   Link #5950
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
God's left hand?
Maybe. Something is gonna happen. Otherwise it wouldn't have been brought up.

Quote:
I want Toki to win, but I wouldn't mind seeing Kirame somehow stealth her way into victory.
I would mind. After all the shit Toki went through in the semi, I would be fucking mad if she doesn't win.

That been said, I like that Toki is gonna get a good challenge from Suzu now.
Old 2016-07-21, 12:45   Link #5951
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Maybe. Something is gonna happen. Otherwise it wouldn't have been brought up.

I would mind. After all the shit Toki went through in the semi, I would be really pissed of she doesn't win.

That been said, I like that Toki is gonna get a good challenge from Suzu now.
True, and I wouldn't be surprised if its something like that. Does Nodoka really need an upgrade, though?

Matches in Saki don't always end like one thinks, so I'm keeping an open mind. Also, I like Kirame and the poor girl also deserves a break. Toki will still have her Ryuuka pillow (and Ryuuka's pillows ) no matter what.

If Suzu can do that, it will be very fun to see, after all, we know Toki can get pretty stubborn and reckless.
Old 2016-07-21, 12:56   Link #5952
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
True, and I wouldn't be surprised if its something like that. Does Nodoka really need an upgrade, though?
Considering her results in the semi, I would say yes, she needs more firepower.

Quote:
Matches in Saki don't always end like one thinks, so I'm keeping an open mind. Also, I like Kirame and the poor girl also deserves a break. Toki will still have her Ryuuka pillow (and Ryuuka's pillows ) no matter what.
Regardless of all that, I would still be pretty mad if she doesn't win. She deserves it more than anyone.

Quote:
If Suzu can do that, it will be very fun to see, after all, we know Toki can get pretty stubborn and reckless.
It's gonna be fun.
Old 2016-07-21, 13:17   Link #5953
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Considering her results in the semi, I would say yes, she needs more firepower.

Regardless of all that, I would still be pretty mad if she doesn't win. She deserves it more than anyone.

It's gonna be fun.
Fair enough, and you got her recent family meeting as a motivation to try harder. Good luck, Arata.

I know the feeling. Of course, it would be nice to see Toki take some prize home, and hope for the next gen. God knows Izumi is going to need it.

Toki is just a fun character period. Except back in the spinof days, then she's a shy, grumpy but adorable reaction face goldmine.
Old 2016-07-24, 10:30   Link #5954
Kamieichi

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-l...en_US&qid=&sr=

From this month, Big Gangan is published as ebook too.

Last edited by Kamieichi; 2016-07-24 at 11:01.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-28, 23:15   Link #5955
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Shinohayu is out!

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2016-07-29, 09:21   Link #5956
King-Slayer

I didn't expect Kyouka to be such a badass.
Old 2016-08-15, 14:45   Link #5957
King-Slayer

chapter is out.
Not much but we find a way to counter Toki's future vision.
Old 2016-08-15, 16:17   Link #5958
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Not much but we find a way to counter Toki's future vision.
We knew that since her match with Teru. Her vision is limited to one turn after all. That's all anyone needs to know to come up with countermeasures.

Of course, Toki being Toki, she'll gamble on double turn if she has to.
Old 2016-08-16, 03:48   Link #5959
AsterM
Saki Deprived

Quote:
We knew that since her match with Teru. Her vision is limited to one turn after all. That's all anyone needs to know to come up with countermeasures.

Of course, Toki being Toki, she'll gamble on double turn if she has to.
Ryuuka will probably have a heart attack then.
AsterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 07:10   Link #5960
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterM View Post
Ryuuka will probably have a heart attack then.
Well, I did say "if she has to." After all, Suzu still can't ron Toki, and the latter still has a considerable lead even at the end of the chapter.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri