AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-06, 05:40   Link #2081
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennedealer22 View Post
So could it also mean, that the same thing (similar) happened to Saori's sister otaku group, where they had to break and moved to their normal lives?
Perhaps, or it could just be that the Website died, but the three/four of them still see each other. And let's not forget this about Kaori's group: When she wants them together, she still can get them organized.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 05:46   Link #2082
Tennedealer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Perhaps, or it could just be that the Website died, but the three/four of them still see each other. And let's not forget this about Kaori's group: When she wants them together, she still can get them organized.
Suddenly, Saori's role in the series become a little bit clear, then again, I haven read the last volume sooo yea ><
Tennedealer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 05:57   Link #2083
VTP-DDM

Spoiler:
VTP-DDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 06:02   Link #2084
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTP-DDM View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Volume 12, based on incomplete information:
Old 2013-06-06, 06:04   Link #2085
s0beit
kiririn.me

Spoilers
Spoiler for From Vol11
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So I guess the question becomes, did he realize it then? I like to think so, but then I haven't read 12.
s0beit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 06:06   Link #2086
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I didn't expect a straight up imouto end. Too bad for Kuro-san.
Old 2013-06-06, 06:10   Link #2087
Tennedealer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Volume 12, based on incomplete information:
Thats why until i see the complete summary from a legit source, im not buying anything. Still, I wonder if people who claim to have the last volume on their hand, simply just skipped (read) to the end and posted about it, which would explain the mass confusion that is going on
Old 2013-06-06, 06:13   Link #2088
Tennedealer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I didn't expect a straight up imouto end. Too bad for Kuro-san.
Then again, the series was about brother/sister relationship, so it wasnt THAT unexpected
Old 2013-06-06, 06:20   Link #2089
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Thats why until i see the complete summary from a legit source, im not buying anything. Still, I wonder if people who claim to have the last volume on their hand, simply just skipped (read) to the end and posted about it, which would explain the mass confusion that is going on
This would be extremely likely actually I can see people doing that. We will probably get a more conclusive end after the 10 year reunion.
Old 2013-06-06, 06:21   Link #2090
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Indeed, sometimes incomplete informations, or out-of-context information are even more confusing than straight-up wrong info.
Old 2013-06-06, 06:24   Link #2091
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

well i am disappointed, , well its all about bro sis relationship
i wished it was kuroneko though

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-06 at 06:32. Reason: per earlier-stated in this thread, can't allow this per rules
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 06:35   Link #2092
Mentar
Banned

So, based on what little summaries we got, it seems that we get a full cop-out non-resolution with the character I have the biggest reservations for. Yaaay. Yes, I probably should wait for full summaries, but I feel confident enough already that my main points of criticism will not be resolved.

What does remain?

The show managed to raise several interesting questions (what if a brother gradually fell in love with his sister that seemed to hate him all the time), but ultimately failed to offer convincing answers.

- What will they do about the social stigmatization?
- How would the parents act?
- Why would characters like Ayase, who threatened to kill Kyousuke over it, suddenly condone this kind of resolution?
- Why would any genuine romantic love revelation between those two suddenly be reverted? (Answer: Cop-out) If so, what's the point of the entire story up to now?

The funny thing is that it's not the incest part which bothers me (e.g. I'm fully rooting for a Miyuki ending in Mahouka), it's the pretense of the author to tackle this issue, but then shying away from pulling through.

Coitus Interruptus is no passing grade in my book. It's the equivalent of popping the bubble of foam with arguably the least commercial blowback. The pilot is jumping off the burning plane with a parachute, but failed to save it.

Sorry.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 06:38   Link #2093
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
- Why would any genuine romantic love revelation between those two suddenly be reverted? (Answer: Cop-out) If so, what's the point of the entire story up to now?
Well, again, it really wasn't reverted, hence the final kiss. But keeping up the sibling act in public was likely how they decided to deal with the social stigmatization. (Of course, this isn't necessarily a solution that lasts forever, but neither is the timeframe of the novel. We'll see what happens at the ten-year reunion.)
Old 2013-06-06, 06:41   Link #2094
type-R!

That picture is priceless. So far I'm not disliking what is coming out, but still need to wait to know what exactly happens.
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 06:44   Link #2095
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Trawled the Chinese forums:

Spoiler for Final volume summary:

Interestingly, the guy who posted this was on the Kirino ship, and even he was also extremely unhappy about the way the book ended.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 06:47   Link #2096
finalfury
Incognito

Well, if it wasn't for the other illustration pics along with that, I would have called fake, fake, and more fake. I'm really confused about what to think now. That moment when you start to want to write fanfiction. :/
Old 2013-06-06, 06:48   Link #2097
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Trawled the Chinese forums: [...]
Yeah, there are still some inconsistencies at this point between the various spoilers that are out there that still need to resovled. This is basically a version of the spoiler that was posted the other day, but at the very least the details of the final chapter of the light novel don't seem to be included in it for whatever reason. (It may be that this is the very same spoiler from the other day, in fact, just coming from the Chinese forum and not from a recent novel reader.)
Old 2013-06-06, 06:49   Link #2098
Kakurin
大佐

Well, even though some of it is backed up by the pictures, but there are a number of issues that bother me, like

Spoiler for Reply to spoiler:
Old 2013-06-06, 06:50   Link #2099
Tennedealer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
That picture is priceless. So far I'm not disliking what is coming out, but still need to wait to know what exactly happens.
Saw 2 of the pics of the LN, and so far what ive seen, not completly shocked nor surprised, but then again pics can only count for so much, for it is true that a picture tells a thousand words but a thousand words depict a picture as well
Old 2013-06-06, 06:52   Link #2100
Tennedealer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Well, even though some of it is backed up by the pictures, but there are a number of issues that bother me, like

Spoiler for Reply to spoiler:
where did you find that info? could you maybe send it over here or send it to my channel ?

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings