Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-06-05, 15:26   Link #1241
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Would it really be turn by turn?

I mostly meant Hyuse and Yuma. Did they have anything like that before coming to Earth?

They don't need to know how to bake, they have a machine for that.
Not every Agent is a gamer geek. Turn based would give even noobs time to get gud. Like 2 minutes per turn are already enough. Doesn't matter if someone does his turn in 10 seconds, the people not used to computer games can still use the other 110 seconds for their turn.
I could be wrong ofc but any real time game would reaaaaaaaaaally give a huge boost to anyone who plays games regularly compared to the rest.

Given how surprised the Galo agents and even their prince in hiding reacted to lights in the streets at night I highly doubt they got trion computer games, lol. And Yuuma seems far more interested in the actual trion combat to play fake combat on a screen.

Well, that's easy then. Wonder if Border gonna create some broken stuff or missing ingredients or other accidents on the ship. Honestly the whole "do ten hours homework per day for whole week" doesn't really feel like a great way of testing how to handle a trion ship traveling through the neighborhood.
Except ofc the agents are expected to stay out of the way and let the engineers handle all the stuff on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So the fighting simulations are video games. Makes me hopeful we'll get through them quickly so the manga can actually reach the neighborhood before 2030. The author has a tendency to go in depths with everything, which is a good thing most of the time, but can also slow the story to a crawl.
Yeah, those computer games will probably not get as many chapters as the rank war battles tended to. The real page eater gonna be all those teams and their ship drama during this whole week, lol, that could go on for two years or more in real time.

Anyone else wonders if Katori's "I only gonna go with my team" is a set-up similar to how Osamu's Katori in the "do not wanna work with" list was a clear set-up for those two to end in the same group?
Like Border clearly is thinking something with making Wakamura Captain for this test and not her. And it would be pretty interesting if Katori not only gets an invitation to join the expedition but also accepts it despite her own words right now because her priorities changed.

It is quite obvious that she is jealous of Osamu's goal/drive he got while Katori must feel like letting Hana down after her big words of becoming the best just to surrender to the walls of effort she hits each time once her talent can no longer carry her. It will be most curious to see those two interact in the next seven days and how said interaction might change over time.
Old 2021-06-05, 16:12   Link #1242
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Not every Agent is a gamer geek.
There's a whole spectrum between "I've never heard of video games" and "I'm a gamer geek". As Japanese teens and young adults, I'm confident that 100% of the other agents are familiar with the concept, and the overwhelming majority have some experience.

Quote:
Turn based would give even noobs time to get gud. Like 2 minutes per turn are already enough. Doesn't matter if someone does his turn in 10 seconds, the people not used to computer games can still use the other 110 seconds for their turn.
I could be wrong ofc but any real time game would reaaaaaaaaaally give a huge boost to anyone who plays games regularly compared to the rest.
But turn-based doesn't test their instant decision making. If they want to know about their tactical sense without the time constraints of real combat, they have those written tests.

Quote:

Given how surprised the Galo agents and even their prince in hiding reacted to lights in the streets at night I highly doubt they got trion computer games, lol. And Yuuma seems far more interested in the actual trion combat to play fake combat on a screen.
I'm thinking it may vary from planet to planet. And one of the Galo people had something like a game controller...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 12:55   Link #1243
Wandering Soul

New chapter out.

Everyone's speculating on the purpose of swapping everyone's team. Some people got close to the answer while everyone else has interesting ones. I especially like Hyuse and Yume's answer and Konami's reaction to it.

Suwa coming in last when it comes to points isn't that bad when you remember Osamu isn't really contributing.
Old 2021-07-01, 14:33   Link #1244
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
New chapter out.

Everyone's speculating on the purpose of swapping everyone's team. Some people got close to the answer while everyone else has interesting ones. I especially like Hyuse and Yume's answer and Konami's reaction to it.

Suwa coming in last when it comes to points isn't that bad when you remember Osamu isn't really contributing.
He may be in danger of being considered the load... He already is by Katori. It's not like he'll magically have more trion tomorrow.

On the plus side, his workaround gives everyone in his squad more time to work on their assignments.
Old 2021-07-01, 14:35   Link #1245
Blaat

Quote:
They probably also lost points because they had a power out.
Old 2021-07-01, 18:05   Link #1246
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Suwa squad being dead last was predictable. And obviously, they'll make a major comeback by the time this is over.

I liked that Yuma and Hyuse provided the same answer. People with experience with real wars think differently. The fact most B-rank members have never been in real life threatening situations might actually be a big problem. The bail out system makes them feel safe, but they won't have that in the neighborhood.
Old 2021-07-01, 22:32   Link #1247
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
No shock that Suwa's team is dead last to start. You've got to make Mikumo or whatever team he's on the underdog. They are the main team in this exercise in terms of who we're likely to focus on. So having them start at the bottom and work their way up as the situation unfolds is pretty standard.

I also liked the responses from Hyuse and Yuma there. They do have that combat experience to bring into this. Of course there are several reasons for why this happened and if we combine most of the answers we can piece that together. But I do think on some level that was considered. This is a pretty extreme mission with real risk. People could end up dead here. Obviously can't completely prepare people for losing teammates during the mission. But any experience in suddenly having to rebound with a completely fresh team might make the difference.
Old 2021-07-01, 23:27   Link #1248
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Got to give it to the author, there are very few shounen mangaka able to make such a hair pulling arc out of what basically has been people chatting around a table. I'm getting Akagi vibes here.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-02, 09:35   Link #1249
James Rye

Quote:
New chapter out.

If you think about it, it is pretty sad since Konami lost half of her original Border family before the foundation of the Border everyone now knows. She experienced the whole dying and shuffling/replacing people as a child.

And Suwa's point ain't that bad with just 4 people answering questions while the fifth prepares for tomorrow. Bet with Osamu they would be between 1900 and 2000 points in total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
They probably also lost points because they had a power out.
Yeah, I would have given them minus for not checking the gauge considering it is literally their lifeline for this ship, running EVERYTHING on it with it.

Quote:
Suwa squad being dead last was predictable. And obviously, they'll make a major comeback by the time this is over.

I liked that Yuma and Hyuse provided the same answer. People with experience with real wars think differently. The fact most B-rank members have never been in real life threatening situations might actually be a big problem. The bail out system makes them feel safe, but they won't have that in the neighborhood.
I predict they gonna reach like top5 before the end of the week.^^
Old 2021-08-01, 16:29   Link #1250
James Rye

Spoiler for Spoiler for Ch. 211:
Old 2021-08-03, 11:50   Link #1251
James Rye

It's out!
17 pages and that's okay since Ashihara gotta take care of himself.
Katori's grrr grrr and silent scream panel were amazing. It's so good, it's already in color by some fan:

How can you go to a meat restaurant and only eat rice though? Like no wonder she's a chibi, she ain't eating her veggies and other stuff, just rice all day long!

Kakizaki's reaction when Taichi offered to help cooking was great as well.

Still wonder why the captains or maybe all test subjects are allowed to call each other with their phones. Seems counterproductive if the teams help each other out or share info with each other.
Old 2021-08-03, 12:03   Link #1252
Blaat

Katori's facial reaction was great. I'm surprised no else besides Hyuse came up with " let's share the work load" plan. I guess majority of the border agents are in high school mode.
Old 2021-08-03, 12:35   Link #1253
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Katori's facial reaction was great. I'm surprised no else besides Hyuse came up with " let's share the work load" plan. I guess majority of the border agents are in high school mode.
Not enough pressure to do so, maybe, except for Kuga's team.
Old 2021-08-03, 15:41   Link #1254
Wandering Soul

Katori's reaction to last place was hilarious. She didn't blow her lid though so that's a sign for growth.

I'm surprised the captain's are allowed to call each other. I thought part of the point of locking everyone in was to prevent contact with others like that, but it seems that's not the case.
Old 2021-08-03, 16:30   Link #1255
James Rye

Come to think of it, they never took their cellphones nor did the rules state it was forbidden to contact another. And like Hyuse said if cheating was not allowed then him telling the actual answers loudly would have been considered cheating as well, but no punishment happened.

If so then the less highly intellect teams could catch up really quickly if they divide the work in a clever way while the intelligent teams keep doing their "teacher's pet" approach and start losing ground point-wise.

Also noticed how Rokuta seemed pretty one-track-minded for an Operator? I mean how she answered that question and panicked over the overflowing pot. Feels to me like she would have trouble directing 2-3 agents at once. Maybe's that's why Urushima is the sole partner of her.

Poor Shiki still acting like a little kitten thrown between a bunch of wolves. Hope the little brother plan works soon else she gonna be a wreck when this week is over.^^;

Glad that Katori starts to show signs of growth because this is NEEDED if I wanna see Katori and Osamu work together as a team in those battles and in the long battle at the end of this ship test! I really wanna see those two work together!!! >.<
Old 2021-08-03, 17:55   Link #1256
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Most people would never think of doing something like that knowing they're being monitored. Hyuse himself most likely only brought it up because he had already confirmed it's not something they would get punished for.
Old 2021-08-04, 02:15   Link #1257
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Figuring that out was probably part of the exercise.

I read about something similar. A team of cadets were each given a list of supplies to bring on a march. The total was much too heavy to carry on a hike. The MC noticed that if they all brought all the supplies, it would be redundant - it was enough to bring one big tent instead of one/person and so on. So they could divide the load into something manageable.
Old 2021-08-04, 11:02   Link #1258
James Rye

If so then Suwa's squad should notice this sooner or later since they already took photos of the questions to answer later instead during the time written in the rules. Yet no point deduction seemed to have happened.
Old 2021-08-04, 18:36   Link #1259
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
If so then Suwa's squad should notice this sooner or later since they already took photos of the questions to answer later instead during the time written in the rules. Yet no point deduction seemed to have happened.
It's completely different from sharing answers with others though. But yeah, usually, that would be considered cheating too.
Old 2021-08-05, 01:36   Link #1260
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It's completely different from sharing answers with others though. But yeah, usually, that would be considered cheating too.
Since Osamu's going to work on the answers ahead of time, I could see Katori demanding them (along with his lunch money). Though she might be too proud to do that. But the point is, the temptation will be there.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2021-08-12 at 16:48.

Tags
action, shounen stargate