Notices

Old 2016-01-07, 11:37   Link #341
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
I don't like Alisa :v
I'll fite you m8 DDDDDDD:::;

I've finally got to ch 4 and is now pretty much used with the dub...except for Laura since I don't think I've heard her voice for a long time till now. Still can't get used to Sharon, Osborne and Vita though Also I must say Alfin's dub is perfect She really gets the tone of a cheery and playful princess like the original

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 11:51   Link #342
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

I've finally got to ch 4 and is now pretty much used with the dub...except for Laura since I don't think I've heard her voice for a long time till now. Still can't get used to Sharon, Osborne and Vita though Also I must say Alfin's dub is perfect She really gets the tone of a cheery and playful princess like the original
Haha

I prefer Laura, Emma and Sara. Alisa is my least favorite female character in the cast. Heck, I like Millium more because of her banter with Jusis!

Sorry~
Old 2016-01-07, 18:45   Link #343
Iron Maw
Banned

I actually like Alisa now myself now that she's mostly dropped the tsundere act after Ch1. Now it only ever briefly appears when the other characters are poking fun at her at of shear embarrassment.

Laura is still the best girl of course, but Sharon and Sara are getting dangerously close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nono in this game; when they switched to their summer uniforms, you can see Rean and Alisa both wearing the same type of gloves but in opposite hands.
Ooooh, I see. I haven't gotten their uniforms yet myself... even through it's supposedly summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

I feel like Laura's VA has gradually better after the initial performance in prologue which was... frankly pretty damn bad. Especially compared to everyone else.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-01-07 at 20:38.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 00:18   Link #344
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Sharon won me over in chapter 6!

Also...That epilogue is all kinds of crazy!

@Prologue Voices: Hatsuu mentioned it on twitter that she had all the voice actors start recording with the prologue first, which is why it was stiff and awkward.
Old 2016-01-08, 06:36   Link #345
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

no chance for Zero and AO english?
i watch fan translation of prologue on youtube and it's so good
Old 2016-01-08, 08:39   Link #346
Iron Maw
Banned

New avatar GET!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
no chance for Zero and AO english?
i watch fan translation of prologue on youtube and it's so good
Oh you watched that too? Yeah SSS crew are the pretty damn likable from what I've watched and setting wise Crossbell might just be favorite location in Zemuria. Of course that only deepened my depression over the fact we won't see this for awhile (if ever. )

It's one reason why I hope CS sells really well for XSEED so that potential path for Crossbell games can paved to come overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
@Prologue Voices: Hatsuu mentioned it on twitter that she had all the voice actors start recording with the prologue first, which is why it was stiff and awkward.
Well that explains it. Thanks.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-01-08 at 10:15.
Old 2016-01-08, 13:24   Link #347
marvelB

I'd LOVE for the Crossbell saga to come overseas (Ao is pretty much my favorite Kiseki game ever), but the fact that Xseed already skipped it to release Sen/CS instead already shows that they don't consider it very high-priority at the moment. And I believe those guys already have CS2 and TiTS the 3rd in their work schedule, so I doubt we'll be hearing any news of a potential localization of the Crossbell games anytime soon....

....Though on the plus side, there's a fan translation of Zero currently in the works! In fact, the project is slated to be done by December of this year (not set in stone though), with the same group working on an Ao translation afterwards. Hopefully, this will whet our appetites if Xseed can't deliver!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 14:35   Link #348
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'd LOVE for the Crossbell saga to come overseas (Ao is pretty much my favorite Kiseki game ever), but the fact that Xseed already skipped it to release Sen/CS instead already shows that they don't consider it very high-priority at the moment. And I believe those guys already have CS2 and TiTS the 3rd in their work schedule, so I doubt we'll be hearing any news of a potential localization of the Crossbell games anytime soon....

....Though on the plus side, there's a fan translation of Zero currently in the works! In fact, the project is slated to be done by December of this year (not set in stone though), with the same group working on an Ao translation afterwards. Hopefully, this will whet our appetites if Xseed can't deliver!
It's not that they don't consider it high priority, it's the issue that Ao does not have a Japanese PC version so they can't work with it. I'm not sure if they can work with the Chinese version too.

Anyways, Falcom requested them to work on Cold Steel I and II instead as well. Hopefully the sales are positive enough that they can bring over Zero/Ao and TC as well.

The fan translation isn't as good as XSEED's. Unfortunately i'll skip that as I really prefer XSEED's quality.
Old 2016-01-09, 04:20   Link #349
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just about to enter the

Spoiler for Spoilers:

I assume this is the final dungeon since it's the epilogue and all. Hopefully it'll provide a little bit of closure as the game as been WAAAY too open ended with events and mysteries.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 06:59   Link #350
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Just about to enter the

Spoiler for Spoilers:

I assume this is the final dungeon since it's the epilogue and all. Hopefully it'll provide a little bit of closure as the game as been WAAAY too open ended with events and mysteries.
It will provide some hints and answers. Just keep playing. Hehe
Old 2016-01-09, 07:01   Link #351
cloud04
Scanlator

any comments on this game? i plan to buy it some time later although im havent played of the games yet also, jap audio?
Old 2016-01-09, 07:10   Link #352
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
any comments on this game? i plan to buy it some time later although im havent played of the games yet also, jap audio?
Anything in particular you want to know about? This is a traditional turn based JRPG in almost every sense.

No Japanese audio, but the dub imo is quite good not that it matters too much seeing as a good percentage of the dialogue aren't voiced over. Still the localization team did an awesome job.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 09:11   Link #353
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
It's a Falcom game, so it's an automatic buy!

You won't have any regrets! Though it would help to know what kind of comments you're looking for.
Old 2016-01-09, 09:57   Link #354
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:

Honestly at this point I think highest chance we of getting the Crossbell might be XSEED some convincing Falcom to do a PS4 port or remaster a'la Trails in the SC on PS3 in Japan.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-01-09 at 12:01.
Old 2016-01-09, 11:44   Link #355
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It is done.

Went with Fie's ending. I actually did not really see those true identities coming. Goddamn cliffhangers. I'm actually slightly peeved at the way this ending was handled. It was as if they chose to cut it in the middle of a pivotal scene being played out and then BOOM credit roll.

This leaves me conflicted. I love how the game played out to build the world in the onset of one of the most tumultuous events of its nation's history to play out the fact that the game itself is the beginning of the much larger narrative, however being someone who thinks that a game must also be self contained and whole, the way the final events were handled (especially that ending) banks too much on the assumption that the player will see the story to its completion.

If I didn't know there were more games to go, I'd find this rather infuriating. I mean I know this is the structure Falcom intended, but for what it's worth AFAIK and remember TitS and any of the Y's games were self contained narratives that at least ended things in a relative closure. Even Xenosaga and .hack// closed up each installment properly. Here it's like getting cut mid episode and being told to wait for next season.

Don't get me wrong I had a blast and I found the story fascinating, but I really, REALLY wished they handled that final segment better. Anyway just a few questions:

Spoiler for Big Ass Spoilers:

Anyway time to head into TiTS. ToCS will allegedly come out in October so it gives me enough time to finish both TitS games.
Old 2016-01-09, 11:53   Link #356
Kirayuki

Quote:
Spoiler:
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 12:26   Link #357
marvelB

Quote:

Spoiler for ending:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 12:33   Link #358
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2016-01-09, 18:19   Link #359
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Holy shit that (Chapter 5 boss) is a royal asshole! Spamming Nightmare and summons all day.

The only way I beat it was to blow all 6 of my 200cp S-crafts on it, even then if I didn't have critical on Laura it wouldn't be enough.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 16:42   Link #360
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Holy shit that (Chapter 5 boss) is a royal asshole! Spamming Nightmare and summons all day.

The only way I beat it was to blow all 6 of my 200cp S-crafts on it, even then if I didn't have critical on Laura it wouldn't be enough.
Yea that was the hardest boss yet. Had to get some luck so he didn't nightmare too many of my peoples (was too lazy to reload and equip nightmare resist)
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria