AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-23, 18:01   Link #2061
Javiersansano

Dudes, please. .. use spoilers tag... i'm waiting for the whole novel to be translated... just by reading the tutke if each chapter the plot gets slightly spoiled.

By the way, who should i be thanking for the so far swift translation?
Old 2014-01-23, 18:20   Link #2062
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
By the way, who should i be thanking for the so far swift translation?
js06, the translator since Volume 20 I think.

Also called js06.exe, for the speed of his translations.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-01-23, 19:16   Link #2063
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Dudes, please. .. use spoilers tag... i'm waiting for the whole novel to be translated... just by reading the tutke if each chapter the plot gets slightly spoiled.
This thread is for future speculation. This thread allowed spoilers to be not put in spoiler tag because if you visit here. It mean your knowledgeable on what's currently happening to speculate on what will happen later on.
Old 2014-01-23, 19:34   Link #2064
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Like what Kyon said....Christian method is outdated because it's using Osiris Aeon.
But that's why I said there could be magicians from Horus, for example: Aleister after getting the Book of Law from Aiwass.

Quote:
This is not the same as saying Magic is fail. Religion and Aeon is a method of wielding power that's all so saying religion = Magic is incorrect.
I don't get this part of yours. Could you rephrase it?

Quote:
In fact if anyone can be said to be closest to wielding pure Magic, it's Othinius since she's adding phases....not operating under them. Although manipulating phases only means she isn't quite there yet in terms of reaching the true world.
She may add phases but IMO she can't bend them at all or else she would be able to go back to her world. It seems the phases she can manage doesn't involve traveling back to time.
Old 2014-01-24, 10:04   Link #2065
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Heh? What?

Spoiler for long and shameful:
Old 2014-01-24, 10:11   Link #2066
tsunade666

I think the time isn't the problem here because the perfect world shows that Othinus can start a world from scratch that has different time and events.

Othinus can't go back doesn't mean she can't create a world where the current time and era is still year 80' 90' or even 2000 BC or year 0000 of christian calendar.
Old 2014-01-24, 14:38   Link #2067
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ Heh? What?

Spoiler for long and shameful:
I already adressed the fact she can't do that proves my point of her being withing the countable world that Aleisters mocks.
Old 2014-01-24, 20:02   Link #2068
WiliamZ0

I still kinda interested on how Touma gonna spill out his sadness on Misaka Will
Old 2014-01-24, 21:36   Link #2069
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
I still kinda interested on how Touma gonna spill out his sadness on Misaka Will
I'm still waiting on the four pages of cursing.
Old 2014-01-24, 22:32   Link #2070
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Since the question of "how can Othinus be topped" has been asked more than once, I figured I'd share my own little theory here.

Since we're almost positive that Aliester and Aiwass are the true Final Boss(es), with Laura stewart possibly in the mix as well, I'm thinking that where Othinus failed in truly changing the world (they were all just filters, and IB brought them back to the "original" world), Aliester will succeed. I'm figuring that Aleister distributing the Sisters around the world will be part of it, since IIRC, this was in order to create a literal worldwide AIM field. I think it's been said that the AIM field gives him access to the IND... anyways, I think that the theory right now is Aleister is using what Othinus is doing to his own advantage, and I think he might even be able to override IB as a reference point. Basically, where Othinus only changed the world so it would affect Touma, I can see Aliester truly changing the world through the AIM field, and even IB wouldn't be able to keep the original world around. And yet Touma would be the only one aware of this change, but the difference between Aliester and Othinus would be that Touma would still be a part of the world and people's lives

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2014-01-24, 23:24   Link #2071
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

But let's not forget about the other foreshadowings too:

Spoiler for NT8:

Spoiler for NT9:

Then there is that "that of which that writhes in Sahara" (previously posted by allfictions)...
Old 2014-01-24, 23:58   Link #2072
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
But let's not forget about the other foreshadowings too:

Spoiler for NT8:

Spoiler for NT9:

Then there is that "that of which that writhes in Sahara" (previously posted by allfictions)...
oh god, the author planning on killing touma at the end.
Old 2014-01-25, 00:24   Link #2073
tsunade666

are we getting a Touma and Index final battle? >_> that's already been done in Shana and I like more that one than this. The impact of Touma vs Index won't be compare to Shana vs Yuuji because there is an actually romance development on those two than Touma and Index.
Old 2014-01-25, 01:57   Link #2074
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
are we getting a Touma and Index final battle? >_> that's already been done in Shana and I like more that one than this. The impact of Touma vs Index won't be compare to Shana vs Yuuji because there is an actually romance development on those two than Touma and Index.
Perhaps not, but it would come full circle, what with the very first novel he 'fought' with her. Think of it as a rematch.
Old 2014-01-25, 12:38   Link #2075
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I already adressed the fact she can't do that proves my point of her being withing the countable world that Aleisters mocks.
Do what? Travelling back in time? Why would she do something so useless? She doesn't want to travel 10 years into the past of a world she doesn't like, she wants her old one back.
And how does that prove your point anyway? I fail to see any correlation.
Old 2014-01-26, 03:24   Link #2076
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Do what? Travelling back in time? Why would she do something so useless? She doesn't want to travel 10 years into the past of a world she doesn't like, she wants her old one back.
And how does that prove your point anyway? I fail to see any correlation.
I like the fact that this conversation is actually happening and that I am understanding it & agreeing with the ridiculous points. (Read what you said again without any Index context and you'll understand what I mean. Travelling back in time? Why would she do something so useless? lol)

Also, after this volume it's pretty obvious that Touma's personality has changed a lot and will be different. This has become obvious. It's also obvious to me why Touma decided to face the world... If he already treats himself as a demon to humanity that broke all of the relationships he had with his friends and has to rebuild them from ground-zero in the future, then what better what to do that, than to become the enemy of the whole world and get your friends' support.

I feel like Touma might not have changed, but his relationships to everyone else changed immensely. This makes everything different and interesting.
Old 2014-01-26, 08:20   Link #2077
WiliamZ0

I still wanna to see how NT9 ended and how NT10 will continue NT9 (especially with Touma who became enemy world for Othinus)
Old 2014-01-26, 08:41   Link #2078
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
I still wanna to see how NT9 ended and how NT10 will continue NT9 (especially with Touma who became enemy world for Othinus)
Yeah, this coupled with the fact that he said he's going to tell everyone what happened makes it obvious his relationship with them is going to be strained.

Not only is he making himself the enemy of the world, but he's going to tell people that he sacrificed the world for himself before he got to this situation.

Not only are most people not going to believe him, initially, but he's also going to have to rebuild these friendships.

This is really turning the series on its head and it's making it much more enjoyable.

I love it when events mess with all of the inter-character relationships in a series. It's better here though because it didn't need death (ok maybe it did...) to make it happen.
Old 2014-01-26, 09:47   Link #2079
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Yeah, this coupled with the fact that he said he's going to tell everyone what happened makes it obvious his relationship with them is going to be strained.

Not only is he making himself the enemy of the world, but he's going to tell people that he sacrificed the world for himself before he got to this situation.

Not only are most people not going to believe him, initially, but he's also going to have to rebuild these friendships.

This is really turning the series on its head and it's making it much more enjoyable.

I love it when events mess with all of the inter-character relationships in a series. It's better here though because it didn't need death (ok maybe it did...) to make it happen.
Well, I think it have something to do with what Kazakiri ever say to Index in Vol6.

Quote:
“…That’s not the case. To quarrel… is a proof of good friendship.”
“Why? Quarreling will hurt others. I’ll be hurt if I hear someone say something bad about me. Friends with good feelings won’t say anything that will hurt others.”
“Friends who are able to quarrel…”
Kazakiri said calmly,
“Are friends… who can be together even when they quarrel. A friendship won’t end because of a quarrel. That person… because he believes in you, he won’t break off with you just because of a quarrel… thus, he could quarrel with you without holding back.”
“Really?”
“That’s true… if not, do you think that it’s better not to quarrel? Because if you don’t want to quarrel… you have to hold in your feelings, and you have to laugh even when you don’t want to… and it’s over once you quarrel… you just have to give up on this friend and go make another one. Do you want this thin ice-like relationship…?”
also Will say something similar in Chapter7 remember
Old 2014-01-27, 03:05   Link #2080
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Hmmm...

People, let's compare please. Bear with me, I think I'm onto something.

Spoiler for Othinus, NT9:

Spoiler for NT8 fake spoilers:

It's not the exact same thing (for example, where do you put Espers?), but it has enough similarities to make one ask: was the leaker Kamachi trolling us!?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions