AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-09-02, 04:33   Link #341
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
It doesn't say anything about Shana's current age. It only mentioned her appearance is about 11-12. So I don't know how you came to the conclusion that she is 13. The events in volume 5 could take place from 1-10 years ago. (Likes idea of Shana being older than Yuji in her 20s. )
For Shana to be near the same age, or maybe just a few more years seems most likely to me. However I did read somewhere that Flame Haze's mental growth is slower then that of a normal person so I would not count Shana to be over 20 out of question.

I wonder if that new Tomogara introduced is part of another original arc for the new season, since I can not remember her appearing in any volumes from 9 to 15.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 09:24   Link #342
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
I wonder if that new Tomogara introduced is part of another original arc for the new season, since I can not remember her appearing in any volumes from 9 to 15.
Well, Mare wasn't in any written novels, she's from the PS2/DS game. Infact, the scans have already made mention of that.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 14:22   Link #343
alvinkhorfire

It is already mentioned that the first few episodes involve fighting scenes, presumely with Mare. After that, the storyline will resume back just like in the novel, I think. The presence of Mare may just provide some competition for Shana.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 07:35   Link #344
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
hopefully we can get an older shana and not the gross loli/pedophilic otaku kind.
I actually like the kawaii and cute Shana to stay. Pedolicious? lol

Anyway, Shana being in her twenties in the next series just won't do for me. I don't think that she knows much of the world already to be mature in the next series. What I would really like to see is for Yuji to stop being a wimp (not as wimpy but Shirou, but still a wimp).
Pendevous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 10:08   Link #345
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendevous View Post
I actually like the kawaii and cute Shana to stay. Pedolicious? lol

Anyway, Shana being in her twenties in the next series just won't do for me. I don't think that she knows much of the world already to be mature in the next series. What I would really like to see is for Yuji to stop being a wimp (not as wimpy but Shirou, but still a wimp).
I don't know about wimp, but if the novels were any indication, there is some reason to believe that there will be some rather...big changes to the situation we left behind in season 1.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 10:26   Link #346
Phoenix14
Clannad

Im betting on the whole Yuji=Powers thing in season 2...
Phoenix14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 11:44   Link #347
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yuji ... wimp? Since when ? 0_o
As far as i recall (which would be quite a lot in this case) Yuji never acted in a way that would be even close to earning the title of a wimp or otherwise weak male lead. Given his situation he is acting absurdly calmly and he never whines about anything. Only thing i can accuse him of is not openly saying to Shana he likes her, but other than that the way he acts is quite commendable.
Old 2007-09-03, 13:07   Link #348
cyth
Banned

He shat his pants in the very first scene of season I, but eh, I would do.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 13:51   Link #349
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, there is the whole stringing Yoshida along thing, too. Though really, that's quite forgivable. It's not like he ever asked Yoshida to like him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 14:08   Link #350
Phoenix14
Clannad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
He shat his pants in the very first scene of season I, but eh, I would do.
Seriously? I don't remember that...
Phoenix14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 14:12   Link #351
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

He means Yuji being terrified in the first episode when he first encountered those abominations and was slashed in two (almost ^^) by Shana Though if being terrified in that situation is an indicator of being wimpy ...
Old 2007-09-03, 14:32   Link #352
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
He means Yuji being terrified in the first episode when he first encountered those abominations and was slashed in two (almost ^^) by Shana Though if being terrified in that situation is an indicator of being wimpy ...
Well that one is understandble, come on if someone sliced you in half and you were still alive you would freak out to. But, after everything got explained not once did you see that in him he showed alot of courage. Yuji is one of the best male lead characters out there.
Old 2007-09-03, 16:05   Link #353
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
That just emphasises how young, naive and innocent Shana is. The fact that she is one of the young flame hazes, mixed with her age and lack of social experience meant that she easily misinterprets wimpy fear and justifiable fear.

I also do agree that Yuji is a good male lead. Believing he only has a short time to live, he still tries to make a difference and even offers his own powers of existence to save his classmates... What a guy.
Old 2007-09-03, 16:43   Link #354
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
That just emphasises how young, naive and innocent Shana is. The fact that she is one of the young flame hazes, mixed with her age and lack of social experience meant that she easily misinterprets wimpy fear and justifiable fear.
Shana ? Uh ... my memory might be hazy, but when did she ever think of him as a coward/wimpy ? It was quite the opposite as far as i recall - she commented how 'weird' Yuji was compared to other Torches who learned the truth and ended up committing suicides and such
Old 2007-09-03, 20:34   Link #355
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to lazyasian224
Quote:
Shana ? Uh ... my memory might be hazy, but when did she ever think of him as a coward/wimpy ? It was quite the opposite as far as i recall - she commented how 'weird' Yuji was compared to other Torches who learned the truth and ended up committing suicides and such
yep yep... she was expecting him to like freak out and stuff and he was madd chill about it and he is one of those madd not selfish people bc he was willing to give up his power of existance or w/e so yea...

here's hoping he can fight side-by-side with shana bc he just got madd brolic at the end of season one with him usin Blutsauger or w/e it was called i dunno
lazyasian224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 20:38   Link #356
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Well, i haven't seen the anime in ages so my memory is hazy, but i though you were the one that commented on how Shana perceived Yuji to be wimpy (looks your previous post..) Maybe i just misinterpreted what you wrote....
Old 2007-09-03, 20:40   Link #357
himemiya613

i love shana the way she is
himemiya613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 20:52   Link #358
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to lazyasian224
Quote:
Originally Posted by himemiya613 View Post
i love shana the way she is
who doesnt??
lazyasian224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 20:58   Link #359
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
I don't think it is right to call him a wimp. Remember in Episode 22 in the anime when he could have been killed by Wilhelmina, if wasn't for Shana interference. Still terrified by Wilhemina's action, he announced to Shana that he would leave the city with her, although he had to leave behind everyone he loves like his mum. It is brave of him to leave the city and he is not definitely a wimp.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 01:33   Link #360
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ When did i ever call Yuji a wimp If anything i am the one arguing against such a stance

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural