AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-19, 12:35   Link #1261
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
Corticarte from Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica looks exactly like Sana
Corticarte happens to be one of my all time favorite characters, so I had a hard time getting to like Sana because I kept seeing her as Corti.

I personally had no expectations for this show because my friends told me it was what seemed like a harem, and I avoid harems like the plague. However, as the anime neared it's end, those same friends told me to go watch it, and since they know my tastes really well, it was really easy for me to enjoy the show.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 23:01   Link #1262
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Some people aren't pleased with the outcome of the romance, but to dislike the story overall for that seems a weak reason for me. That's like disliking Clannad ,
Spoiler for Clannad ending spoilers:

For me it wouldn't have mattered who Shingo ended up with , as long as the developments to it were realistic and/or believable (unlike a certain Feng eroge adaption last year >_>). I would even have been content with Ange if the anime pulled it off believable, eventhough i liked her story the least of all heroines.
But Clannad/Key is different since it (always) was fated to end with the first girl even if that means destroying any sense of realism trough resurrections.

I recommend Mashiro btw. It was refreshing for the usual harem series.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 08:43   Link #1263
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Well my point was that people will always somewhat dislike a romance anime if their favorite pairing won't make it, but it does not make the romance itself bad.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 09:43   Link #1264
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The last (9th) episode of Nuko Radio is out yeterday, but i can't rip that normally because of it's securities (it's exclusively for animate this time and it can't be found on lantis' radio site). So i will have to rip that using a less practical way.

Anyways seventhstyle blog posted what the first blu ray has as extras and i am still waiting for my BD to arrive. (was shipped out today)
warning: nsfw
http://seventhstyle.com/2012/01/24/m...ai-uncensored/

also a magazine scan (a very small one though) of this
Old 2012-01-25, 14:48   Link #1265
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

ooh man those extras....too bad I already picked Shana Final as my BD pruchase of the season
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 19:17   Link #1266
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Took me more time than usual, because the final episode wasn't on lantis radio this time >_>

Anyways the final episode of nuko radio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xuk-P9-b3k

edit: LOL after checking the lantis site, they did put the final episode on their site a few hours ago, but their list was not updated. So episode 9 had the name of episode 5. (they only keep the latest 4 episodes on their site)
This kinda made my effort kinda pointless of recording it directly from animate using a line in cable and and an external soundcard and the waste of time converting the file.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-01-25 at 19:46.
Old 2012-01-25, 21:55   Link #1267
darkalpha

Well, I won't deny that I was disappointed with the series concluding with Mui end. I had hoped or either Airi or Sena (because as far as I can tell, I don't think there've been a series introducing a boy-hating heroine or one with phobia of sorts for boys, and then eventually have that girl overcome that and hook up with one. (If anybody knows of one, please let me know as I'd really like to watch one.)

However, despite that, I don't think negatively of Mashiro iro Symphony - in fact, I think it's actually one of the best dating sim anime adaptions I've seen in past few years. I really enjoyed how characters in the show gradually matured. I think I'll buy the series when they come out in US.
darkalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 07:44   Link #1268
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Somehow i got the OST in the mail today (which was much faster than expected, i thank fedex for that)
Just as I originally thought, the music of the anime did not stand out too much for me.

Eventhough i could recognize atleast 28 of the tracks (out of the 40, including the tv sizes of the op and ed) when they were played in the anime, but they were still not that memorable. Also 3 of the tracks really sounds almost too similar
The 2 tracks that i liked the most were 叶わない恋 (the music played at the very end of episode 10) and さよなら君の声 (Pf Arrange) (which is just as the name suggest a pianoforte arranged version of sayonara kimi no koe)
Old 2012-02-07, 11:48   Link #1269
hyl
reading #hikaributts

More merchandise arrived today

The bigger book at the top of the picture is somewhat like a sketch artbook for anime.

The other 2 smaller books were the comiket 81 books that were drawn by Izumi Tsubasu, the original artist
Old 2012-02-07, 12:22   Link #1270
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The bigger book at the top of the picture is somewhat like a sketch artbook for anime.

The other 2 smaller books were the comiket 81 books that were drawn by Izumi Tsubasu, the original artist
I should be getting the anime lineart book in the mail either today or tomorrow myself, but I'd really like to get those C81 books as well. I don't suppose there's an easy way to get them at this point, though, except through expensive auctions.
Old 2012-02-07, 12:24   Link #1271
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I should be getting the anime lineart book in the mail either today or tomorrow myself, but I'd really like to get those C81 books as well. I don't suppose there's an easy way to get them at this point, though, except through expensive auctions.
I got mine from an auction when they were "cheap" at 1450 yen.
Old 2012-02-08, 21:10   Link #1272
taichi-kun

Quote:
Took me more time than usual, because the final episode wasn't on lantis radio this time >_>

Anyways the final episode of nuko radio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xuk-P9-b3k
Thanks! I didn't know about this.. and there are 9..

It would be great a summary of the picture drama
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 22:07   Link #1273
crazypeter

Several days ago I passed the Mashiro-iro Symphony galgame. I do feel it is quite a wise choice to choose Miu's route for Annie. Actually Airi's route is quite sweet but there is nothing but sweet in Airi's route. I quite appreciate the BGM in the game. Compared with game, the piano version of さよなら君の声 in 8th ep sounds better.

I 've got a lot of fun from the Mashiro-iro Symphony game. There are many things interesting about Shingo(quite unexpected....) and I can see quite personality for each character~
Old 2012-02-21, 10:17   Link #1274
hyl
reading #hikaributts

So apparently episode 9 was not the last one (eventhough the animate website didn't give a date for the next episode like usual and let it intentionally blank up untill a days ago)
But then again, the silly overdramatic skit at the end of episode 9 kind of gave away that there was possibly another episode.

I haven't finished listening to episode 10 because i was converting and uploading it, so i am not even sure if this one is the actual final episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXSCIGhdjS4

edit: those Inui Sana garagekits from Volks are going for pretty high prices in the japanese auctions at this moment.
I forgot to save the link of that auction, but one went for over 20.000円

Last edited by hyl; 2012-02-21 at 10:27.
Old 2012-02-23, 20:23   Link #1275
Marina2

Anyone know which character is in the extra of the second volume BD?

and...... Does anyone get their hands on the second and the third book in this page http://www.mashiro.tv/goods/index.html

I want to know how is inside.
Old 2012-02-23, 21:37   Link #1276
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Anyone know which character is in the extra of the second volume BD?

and...... Does anyone get their hands on the second and the third book in this page http://www.mashiro.tv/goods/index.html

I want to know how is inside.

Saved this info on a notepad file, but i forgot the source.

Vol.1/Live2D映像:アナザーストーリー 「彼女色の愛理」
Vol.2/ノンテロップオープニング
   ・愛理と桜乃のミュージッククリップ:キャラクターパレットVol.1収録曲に映像を載せてお贈りし ます!
Vol.3/ピクチャードラマ:「桜乃とアンジェのおむかえ大作戦」(仮)
Vol.4/ノンテロップエンディング
   ・みうとアンジェと紗凪のミュージッククリップ:キャラクターパレットVol.2収録曲に映像を載せ てお贈りします!
Vol.5/ピクチャードラマ:「みうと紗凪のおとまり大作戦」(仮)
Vol.6/新録キャストコメント(仮)
※特典は都合により変更・中止される場合がございます。

As for the books, i never bought the starterbook from c80 , but that other book will arrive in 1-2 weeks (package got delayed by the customs, because i bought the entire set and that set contains food (manjuus))
Old 2012-02-23, 21:42   Link #1277
usspaul

im just curouse but what are the sales looking for the dvd release for this anime ?
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 22:08   Link #1278
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post
im just curouse but what are the sales looking for the dvd release for this anime ?
I assume you meant the first one, seeing that the 2nd dvd/blu ray only came out a few days ago.

*3,165/*2,325 *1 Mashiro-iro Symphony [DVD+BD]: 2012/01/25

So 840 dvd's sold.
Old 2012-02-23, 22:41   Link #1279
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I did get both of these books, and they're sort of nifty, but they're only 500 yen, so it's more of a bonus than a major artbook or anything. They're 24-page black-and-white books that contain special illustrations/messages from the cast and crew, some lineart from the show, a few images of some of the storyboards, etc. So yeah, it's a neat bonus, and I think it's worth the 500 yen price, but don't expect the world.

And as for the sales, I would say they're about in line with expectations for this genre (i.e. not very high). The slightly higher price point and the various bonuses (like the cloth posters) really pitch it as a sort of "hardcore fans-only" release. I really thing the bigger objective marketing-wise was to promote the games.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:57   Link #1280
Kyuu
=^^=

Well, I must say. This series was quite promising for the first 6 episodes. Then things started to feel like it's going downhill 2 episodes later. With the original conflict (school merging proposal) pretty much resolved, they had to focus on a new conflict (the kittie club).

Poor Sena getting cast aside like that -- after that naked bath scene... as if it never happened.

EDIT: Eps 10. Lame lame lame. Bah!

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-04-02 at 10:12.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen