AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 281 74.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 66 17.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 3.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.27%
Voters: 377. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-07, 21:06   Link #261
gmanr26

Is it really over??? This show was so f-ing good.... Why did it end so suddenly???
Old 2006-07-07, 21:15   Link #262
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

But the show could have ended even faster, 6 or 7 episodes, if they didn't use the random episodes and inserted chapters from other novels.

Edited due to incorrect information
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-07-07 at 22:48.
Old 2006-07-07, 21:40   Link #263
Decel

I think 6 or 7 eps wouldn't have created the same amount of impact. Many of the fun -aka filler- episodes really let the characters simmer/settle in imo.
Old 2006-07-07, 21:59   Link #264
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Well, kyoani originally planned 24 episodes and lowered it to 14.
Name your source, please?

That was a rumour used to insult KyoAni. I would prefer if people stop spreading it...

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-07-07 at 22:35.
Old 2006-07-07, 22:46   Link #265
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Name your source, please?

That was a rumour used to insult KyoAni. I would prefer if people stop spreading it...
Source = AnimeSuki Forum > Series Discussion > Current Series Discussion > Suzumiya Haruhi > One of the threads

Too bad I can't search directly using '24', I couldn't find that post.

But don't worry its the first time I posted this so, now that I have the correct information, the probability of this occuring will not happen again from me
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-07-07, 22:56   Link #266
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Source = AnimeSuki Forum > Series Discussion > Current Series Discussion > Suzumiya Haruhi > One of the threads

Too bad I can't search directly using '24', I couldn't find that post.

But don't worry its the first time I posted this so, now that I have the correct information, the probability of this occuring will not happen again from me
I know you meant no harm...

But the original idea that KoAni changed Haruhi episode numbers was to suggest they "sold out" for making Kanon. This was a ridiculous idea, since you are not allowed to change episode lengths on the fly unless you own the TV station.
Old 2006-07-08, 01:15   Link #267
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanr26
Is it really over??? This show was so f-ing good.... Why did it end so suddenly???
This topic has been discussed to death so much it deserves its own thread for debate.
Old 2006-07-08, 04:23   Link #268
hi-hi

I actually had more fun watching the baseball episode right after watching this one, than the first time round.

I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if the show was shown in the normal order though. Part of the fun was the baseball episode being shown so much earlier, yet fit so perfectly after the last episode.

Episode shuffling was great, and actually caused more rewatching than without episode shuffling. More DVD sales than without episode shuffling I think. People also want to rewatch it in chronological order.
Old 2006-07-08, 14:55   Link #269
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I watched it in chronological order after viewing the latest episode, and things made so much more sense in order. I'm torn whether or not viewing it out of order was the correct thing to do, as part of me enjoyed it, but part of me didn't, as I had to watch it again to really get the jist of what was going on.
Old 2006-07-08, 16:26   Link #270
nforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
It's pretty much the biggest thing since sticky rice

I'm also very intrigued by Kimidori-san. My guess, from her mannerisms and speech, is that she's another interface like Nagato and Asakura. Same for Shamisen.
This can be true, as
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-08, 17:59   Link #271
Decel

Not to mention that the whole situation seemed to have been planned by Yuki.
Old 2006-07-08, 18:38   Link #272
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
I heard the kissing scene is in this episode...Can't wait till September when I return to UK where I get FREE internet and watch it@@
Old 2006-07-08, 18:40   Link #273
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ WTF september O.o you poor thing dnt read any spoilers from this thread so you can be surprised...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-08, 21:48   Link #274
mangafanatic

Having been out of town working, I've only just gotten to see the last episode, and-- I can honestly say that I have no reserve in giving this episode a perfect ten. I told myself no episode deserved a "ten", since ten must be perfection. But I take it back. This is, very likely, the best episode of anime I have ever seen in eight years of otaku-dom. The music, the animation, the execution: all flawless.

So, my money is on a sequel being released in the Spring season. . . Actually, that's just my wishful thinking. But honestly, I see no reason why this show shouldn't get another 13 episode run. In the mean time, I suppose I shall just read the novels as they're being translated.

And in case I never get a chance to say it: Haruhi, thanks for the fun.
Old 2006-07-08, 21:54   Link #275
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafanatic
Having been out of town working, I've only just gotten to see the last episode, and-- I can honestly say that I have no reserve in giving this episode a perfect ten. I told myself no episode deserved a "ten", since ten must be perfection. But I take it back. This is, very likely, the best episode of anime I have ever seen in eight years of otaku-dom. The music, the animation, the execution: all flawless.

So, my money is on a sequel being released in the Spring season. . . Actually, that's just my wishful thinking. But honestly, I see no reason why this show shouldn't get another 13 episode run. In the mean time, I suppose I shall just read the novels as they're being translated.

And in case I never get a chance to say it: Haruhi, thanks for the fun.
Fall 2007 would probably be more realistic, but then there's FMP to take into account. I don't think I've ever wanted FMP to delay an extra season as much as I do now...
Old 2006-07-09, 00:08   Link #276
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
Fall 2007 would probably be more realistic, but then there's FMP to take into account. I don't think I've ever wanted FMP to delay an extra season as much as I do now...
Careful now, what you say is heresy.
Old 2006-07-09, 00:26   Link #277
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigious
Careful now, what you say is heresy.
I think of it as one of those zen conundrums. Two good things, but which one first?

Or maybe if a Shinjin falls over in a closed space and no one is around, would the cast of FMP feel the tremor?
Old 2006-07-09, 00:29   Link #278
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I actually look forward to the Kanon remake. The thought of KyoAni doing the Mai fighting scenes makes me squiggle with glee. Not to mention that judging from the trailer, it would appear that they will flesh out the girls' backgrounds more.

With FMP!, Kanon, and now SHaruhi all from KyoAni, I'm set for the next several months. :P I do not mind waiting more than a year if it means maintaining this level of quality( or even better, improving).

Cheers.
Old 2006-07-09, 19:18   Link #279
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
It's pretty much the biggest thing since sticky rice
got a link or anything for this? not that i dont belive, just that i'll rather see it than take someone's word for it

禁則事項です
Old 2006-07-09, 19:50   Link #280
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Well, one of the songs reached #2 or #3 on the Oricon charts. The OP and ED singles sold out within the day they were released and online retailers were backed up for weeks with orders. The DVD's are also doing really well.
I've gleaned all this from the various threads here. Unless you can read Japanese fluently, that's probably the most you'll get for info for a while.
Closed Thread