AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-08-08, 12:52   Link #11601
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
Well, it seems weird that they didn't appear on the one on top. So the best explanation I can come up with is that that poll was for recent anime.
Another explanation is that, from time to time, there will be a surge of enough new characters that gained popularity temporarily to change the ranking, even the top 10.

The key is whether any of them has staying power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Heh, we been saying that for the last 10+ years...

SEED & DESTINY are possibly popular enough to eclipse the classics...

- Tak
Sure, but it's not just the CE series. That's the interesting part for me.

And while we're on the subject, at this point, with so many anime shows coming every year, not to mention every season, 10-12 years ago might as well be ancient times. I think that qualifies SEED and SEED Destiny to be considered part of the classics.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 16:09   Link #11602
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
And while we're on the subject, at this point, with so many anime shows coming every year, not to mention every season, 10-12 years ago might as well be ancient times. I think that qualifies SEED and SEED Destiny to be considered part of the classics.
Bah, I am picking up oldies like:

Fist of the North Star, Mospeada, Southern Cross, Orguss, Votoms and re-watching the first Super Dimension Fortress Macross (for the Nth time).

Last year, I finished a marathon of Z, ZZ and re-watched Chars & Turn A (for the Nth time).

So if CE is classic, I wonder what those were?

Don't make me (re)watch Victory or G Gundam, it ain't happenin'

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 16:54   Link #11603
monster

Quote:
Just plain old.
Old 2014-08-08, 18:10   Link #11604
weirdguy

Quote:
Bah, I am picking up oldies like:

Fist of the North Star, Mospeada, Southern Cross, Orguss, Votoms and re-watching the first Super Dimension Fortress Macross (for the Nth time).

Last year, I finished a marathon of Z, ZZ and re-watched Chars & Turn A (for the Nth time).

Don't make me (re)watch Victory or G Gundam, it ain't happenin'

- Tak
I made a plan on re watching all the animated series released and I came upon Victory after going through Wing(surprised I was able to go through it again) 0079, Zeta, and ZZ. I just lost all willpower to continue on. I'm still wondering what Tomino was smoking when he wrote the episode with the bikini girls... G Gundam was fun the first time, but... I also really don't want to go through it again.

Anyways, I was going through the Destiny Remaster stuff, and found out that the blu ray included a cast talk. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the seiyuus were talking about in the cast talks?
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 19:49   Link #11605
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
G Gundam was fun the first time, but... I also really don't want to go through it again
Oh yeah, G Gundam was campy camp. Its also infinitely funnier if you are familiar with the Chinese novel counterpart that the manliest character in G Gundam, Mr. Asia, is based upon.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 19:58   Link #11606
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Oh yeah, G Gundam was campy camp. Its also infinitely funnier if you are familiar with the Chinese novel counterpart that the manliest character in G Gundam, Mr. Asia, is based upon.

- Tak
I think the Wikipedia article says it all...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongfang_Bubai
Old 2014-09-10, 19:41   Link #11607
weirdguy

Lookie here!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Kotohono; 2014-09-13 at 02:21. Reason: Please use the [images] tag for large images in the future
Old 2014-09-10, 19:47   Link #11608
shadow1296

Quote:
Lookie here!

Spoiler for size:
yep still on the top ten list has there ever been a time they weren't
Old 2014-09-10, 20:30   Link #11609
Bogart
Banned

Wow. Over a decade old. Who are the people that buy that magazine?
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 17:56   Link #11610
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, as for me, after all this time, telling people that "Kiracus are still on the top ten" is like telling people that the sun is still rising. It'll be more news-worthy when they stop being in it.
Old 2014-09-11, 18:42   Link #11611
monster

Kira and Lacus aren't always in the top 10 anyway.
Quote:
And I though you guys would like to see who ranked on top of them too...
I guess that could be a fun little trivia to know if someone were to show what kind of characters would outrank them over time and how long those characters would hold those higher ranks.

But that's probably too much work.

As for me, my main interest in this particular ranking is that the #1 girl beat #2 girl. (I had the impression that people prefer #2 girl. Then again, going by people's reaction to Lacus, I should know better than to equate the interests of people at AnimeSuki with the interests of people who take these kinds of polls.)
Old 2014-09-11, 21:49   Link #11612
S.Freedom

Quote:
Well that would be off topic because the characters above them are those of other series and thus have no relation to Gundam Seed/Destiny. As such we'd have to do some gymnastics to keep on topic for the thread we're in.

If you'd posted this in some sort of general topics thread we could discuss that sort of thing to our hearts content. As it is we're already pretty off topic.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 10:01   Link #11613
Gundamx

Quote:

The problem isn't that. R_D seems to be taking this a little too personal. It's unusual for something like this to bother a person so much he/she has to complain about it. All R_D had to do was leave after a quick glance. But he instead stayed amd wasted even more time than he already has.
don't bother with Kira/Lacus hater
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 11:38   Link #11614
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
My response had nothing to do with shipping. My response had everything to do with the frivolousness of the post.
Old 2014-09-12, 16:51   Link #11615
weirdguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
I don't even get bothered by SEED haters. Hate all they want. I don't care. But as Rising Dragon said, that's not what his post was about.
Old 2014-09-13, 02:13   Link #11616
n0m@n
C-Z

I actually liked Flay over the rest of the girls.
Lacus was potrayed as a perfect(too perfect) girl. Though I still like her.
Cagalli was too boyish(even though she was too emo).
Stellar was too retarded.

Flay had her issues, but that's what made her character stand out.
She was more of a good "daughter" than Lacus to be honest.
Flay using any method to save her dad. Lacus pretty much killed her dad by handing Freedom to Kira(and used her dad's death to get closer to him).

...If I think about it, all three girls lost their daddies during the series...

I really don't understand people that says Rayet's(Aldnoah.Zero) behavior is more acceptable than Flay(srsly wtf).
Old 2014-09-13, 03:30   Link #11617
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I really don't understand people that says Rayet's(Aldnoah.Zero) behavior is more acceptable than Flay(srsly wtf).
Heh, I agree with you on that. Not only Rayet, the majority of characters in A.Z often think and act illogically (especially the Martians) that I swear the SEED characters are easily better than them simply because most of them think and act more like human beings . All in all, the writing in A.Z is just facepalm-inducing so far.
Old 2014-09-13, 04:37   Link #11618
monster

Quote:
She was more of a good "daughter" than Lacus to be honest.
Flay using any method to save her dad. Lacus pretty much killed her dad by handing Freedom to Kira
Two different situations.

Flay had no involvement in her father's work while Lacus does. Flay loved her father and was willing to do (almost?) anything to keep him from dying while Lacus loved her father and was willing to risk (almost?) anything to fight for the ideals that she and her father shared, ideals which her father undoubtedly taught her.

They were both "good" daughters in their own way.
Quote:
(and used her dad's death to get closer to him).
Wow, so cynical.
Old 2014-09-13, 06:02   Link #11619
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Heh, I agree with you on that. Not only Rayet, the majority of characters in A.Z often think and act illogically (especially the Martians) that I swear the SEED characters are easily better than them simply because most of them think and act more like human beings . All in all, the writing in A.Z is just facepalm-inducing so far.
Tbh, I don't feel a thing about any characters from A.Z besides Inaho. I do enjoy the series, but the characters hasnt build up inside me yet. Even if the princess did get killed by Raylet, I wouldnt have felt a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Two different situations.

Flay had no involvement in her father's work while Lacus does. Flay loved her father and was willing to do (almost?) anything to keep him from dying while Lacus loved her father and was willing to risk (almost?) anything to fight for the ideals that she and her father shared, ideals which her father undoubtedly taught her.

They were both "good" daughters in their own way.
The first half was shown in the episodes so its correct.

But for the second part(underlined ones), those scenes were never shown. We don't know how much Lacus loved her father nor do we know if they shared exactly the same ideal. Well, Lacus represented the Clyne faction after Siegel's death so we can assume they had the same ideal.
But the problem is we didn't even see them talking to each other during the whole series(They appeared in the same scene but Siegel was talking to Maichio).

Quote:
Wow, so cynical.
I was being sarcastic for that part of my post. So I didn't expect any serious reply from anyone
Old 2014-09-13, 06:16   Link #11620
monster

Quote:
But the problem is we didn't even see them talking to each other during the whole series(They appeared in the same scene but Siegel was talking to Maichio).
Sure, but in that context of them being in the same room, it can be assumed that what we see is just a part of a bigger setting wherein Lacus could also interact with her father.

At any case, I don't really see a problem in the lack of such scenes. Unless there is any hint of a friction between the two, the expected interpretation is that they are a regular loving family. Additionally, Lacus being shown to grief over his death is more than enough to point that out (aside from any seriously cynical interpretation, which I feel is unwarranted in this case).

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep