AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-17, 06:18   Link #14741
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well unless they can come up with a hit series to place in the Fall line up, they would have to go with Railgun 2 again.
For some reason i still can't accept this.
Old 2011-11-17, 07:18   Link #14742
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Regardless, we are the more mature, reasonable and understanding face of the Raildex faction so we should politely and graciously accept whichever series gets the next season.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-11-17 at 09:34. Reason: typo
Old 2011-11-17, 08:57   Link #14743
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Regardless, we are the more mature, reasonable and understanding face of the Raildex faction so we would politely and gracious accept whichever series gets the next season.
That's a lie and you know it.
Old 2011-11-17, 08:59   Link #14744
desrtsku
Nympholept

That's so well said I have tears flowing from my so long dried eyes. T ‿‿ T

However, I'll be pissed off like hell if they dare screw up with the Sister Arc
Old 2011-11-17, 18:47   Link #14745
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post

Same here. It's one of the few arcs I'm looking forward too plus the introduction of Misaki.
Old 2011-11-17, 19:00   Link #14746
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post

>Implying there will be a sisters arc
Old 2011-11-17, 23:34   Link #14747
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Oh hey, I haven't checked the TAMNI forum in a while-

-sees NT3 cover-

-bangs head against wall-

WHYYYYYYYY

Angsting aside, the light novel rankings are pretty okay. I'll be lurking around here for spoilers when NT3 comes out.

Also, that Iskander is an imposter. His beard isn't red.
Old 2011-11-18, 01:07   Link #14748
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Also, that Iskander is an imposter. His beard isn't red.
we cant be sure everything behind kamijoto is in a green filter.
Old 2011-11-18, 03:13   Link #14749
leukrota

I haven't been here for a good while either...

And yeah, that cover is a nice Kamikoto teaser. Hopefully, the novel will be more than a tease, although that might be a long shot... Not that I care much about that particular pair as any is fine by me (Touma-Index excluded, I just can't make myself like that one.)

About Kono Light Novel ga sugoi! rankings, it's nice to see that TAMNI fell just one place, and that Mikoto didn't fall at all... I am worried about SNS not making it to the top 10, considering it published already it's last novel... was the ending that bad?
Old 2011-11-18, 03:29   Link #14750
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I haven't been here for a good while either...

And yeah, that cover is a nice Kamikoto teaser. Hopefully, the novel will be more than a tease, although that might be a long shot... Not that I care much about that particular pair as any is fine by me (Touma-Index excluded, I just can't make myself like that one.)
I'm calling Menage a trois on Touma/Mikoto/Index.

The two get married while the third is a freeloader.

Quote:
About Kono Light Novel ga sugoi! rankings, it's nice to see that TAMNI fell just one place, and that Mikoto didn't fall at all... I am worried about SNS not making it to the top 10, considering it published already it's last novel... was the ending that bad?
Rather than a bad ending, it's more like interest in Shana LN had waned, it's been like this for a long time.
Old 2011-11-18, 04:09   Link #14751
leukrota

Quote:
I'm calling Menage a trois on Touma/Mikoto/Index.

The two get married while the third is a freeloader.
Well, getting rid of Index is probably harder than besting an Archangel. So it might end like that if Mikoto becomes the "winner".
Quote:
Rather than a bad ending, it's more like interest in Shana LN had waned, it's been like this for a long time.
I guessed the interest would regrow with the conclusion. But seems I guessed wrong.
Old 2011-11-18, 09:46   Link #14752
Miraluka
Banned

I think the answer can be found who is the engine that drives Touma to do crazy things, if the engine even changes from A to B, then sadly I would have no option to agree but since the WW3 didn't happen, I find that almost impossible.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:14   Link #14753
leukrota

^ Did I miss something? What's this about WW3 not happening, and what does that have to do with Touma's "engine" ? as you put it.

Though btw, the engine did change, it's now Touma himself (almost as if he had found his "true will")
Old 2011-11-18, 10:29   Link #14754
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
^ Did I miss something? What's this about WW3 not happening, and what does that have to do with Touma's "engine" ? as you put it.

Though btw, the engine did change, it's now Touma himself (almost as if he had found his "true will")
I've been thinking of that, though is not clear yet.

The reason why he started his business with the magic side and the reason he went all the way to Russia was only one.

Now that he returned and gave 0 explanations to Index , the only thing I can hope is her to defect Academy City or Touma's group in order to find the answers on her own... and get some role in the plot. I would like to see Touma's fear become real he have been afraid that she would leave him back in Russia.

Oh, and the whole thing in Hawaii I bet Gremlin just set up a decoy and Birdway and Co, just did bite the bait. To let themselves to be revealed like that, there must be more than one reason.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:40   Link #14755
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Now that he returned and gave 0 explanations to Index , the only thing I can hope is her to defect Academy City or Touma's group in order to find the answers on her own... and get some role in the plot. I would like to see Touma's fear become real he have been afraid that she would leave him back in Russia.

Oh, and the whole thing in Hawaii I bet Gremlin just set up a decoy and Birdway and Co, just did bite the bait. To let themselves to be revealed like that, there must be more than one reason.
Well, if it's a trap, Leivinia might have sensed it... which could be why she's not part of the group

Don't worry about Index though, she is the title character after all, so one way or another she'll get involved, that goes without saying.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:49   Link #14756
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Well, if it's a trap, Leivinia might have sensed it... which could be why she's not part of the group
She said she has a secreat weapon just in case but, if Gremlin knows already Touma's allies there must be conter measures to those just in case situations, Gremlin's members doesn't seem to be ordinary magicians and just the first member did move both science and magic side, what if Mjolnir's magician was just a low level pawn?

Quote:
Don't worry about Index though, she is the title character after all, so one way or another she'll get involved, that goes without saying.
I'm not worried about her character but her knowledge and magic, it really has cool stuff and add to that those crimson wings from vol.20-22 then good things and epic fights can come out of them.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:53   Link #14757
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I think the answer can be found who is the engine that drives Touma to do crazy things, if the engine even changes from A to B, then sadly I would have no option to agree but since the WW3 didn't happen, I find that almost impossible.
Wilf, I don't know if it's because it's close to midnight here and my eyes are sliding out of focus, but I don't understand a word you just said.

Quote:
I've been thinking of that, though is not clear yet.

The reason why he started his business with the magic side and the reason he went all the way to Russia was only one.

Wait, are you saying something about Index?

Quote:

I'm not worried about her character but her knowledge and magic, it really has cool stuff and add to that those crimson wings from vol.20-22 then good things and epic fights can come out of them.
Oh now I get it.
Old 2011-11-18, 10:53   Link #14758
Eratas123

Um, the list of people going to Hawaii includes both Accelerator and Misaka in the same group. Would these two even be able to work together, knowing their history? Misaka WORST is going as well, hopefully Mikoto questions Accelerator why exactly he's hanging around with an older clone of her.
Old 2011-11-18, 11:52   Link #14759
judasmartel
*Author

Hm. I don't think Mikoto isn't that kind of person, tho.

Say, now that she will get to fight magicians for real (we got so used to her fighting espers, after all), does anyone else think Mikoto will be effective vs. magicians?

And please don't tell me the old crap "MAGIC SUCKS! SCIENCE IS BETTER!" I can barely think of a scenario where a mage actually beats an esper in combat.
Old 2011-11-18, 12:08   Link #14760
leukrota

Quote:
She said she has a secreat weapon just in case but, if Gremlin knows already Touma's allies there must be conter measures to those just in case situations, Gremlin's members doesn't seem to be ordinary magicians and just the first member did move both science and magic side, what if Mjolnir's magician was just a low level pawn?
But come on... I admit, Gremlin has a clear advantage on the information department. But it's Touma, Accelerator and Shiage together! I don't think their combined strength is that easy to gauge. And I think throwing those "scientific magicians" at them is the least they can do to make it challenging.

If you put an awoken Index in the mix, it could be a serious overkill... Kamachi is probably saving her for the last arcs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Um, the list of people going to Hawaii includes both Accelerator and Misaka in the same group. Would these two even be able to work together, knowing their history? Misaka WORST is going as well, hopefully Mikoto questions Accelerator why exactly he's hanging around with an older clone of her.
I'm waiting for that interaction too... and WORST isn't the "BEST" mediator exactly ... it can be quite fun... Ultimately, I don't see a problem with Mikoto accepting to work with Accelerator. Since trusting/forgiving him was the clones' decision I believe she will respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Hm. I don't think Mikoto isn't that kind of person, tho.

Say, now that she will get to fight magicians for real (we got so used to her fighting espers, after all), does anyone else think Mikoto will be effective vs. magicians?

And please don't tell me the old crap "MAGIC SUCKS! SCIENCE IS BETTER!" I can barely think of a scenario where a mage actually beats an esper in combat.
Railgun SS2 gave already a small test of her skills against magic, not that she realized at the time...

Aside from that, considering how it has always been played, I don't see any particular advantage on either magic or esper powers. It's always about understanding the opponents to find their weaknesses and then exploiting that. Power, magic or machinery are just means to an end.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen