AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-31, 01:26   Link #21
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

yay~ I remember a while back when there was someone who translated Kotori's route in D.C.P.C.~ Did you guys use his script?

Also, does the alpha patch include the whole route?
Old 2006-05-31, 02:40   Link #22
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Kotori first? Okay, I officially love this guy Looks like I'm gonna have to hunt this down.

Question then, is Renewal the same thing? Himeya lists it but not 'D.C.P.C' on its own, so will that work or should I be hitting Yahoo Japan?
Old 2006-05-31, 04:42   Link #23
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

oh my... Himeya really loves their markups.

The DCPS renewal version is a game package that includes the original game and a ton of DC extras like the side stories Four Seasons, Hot Springs, Summer Vacation and Winter Vacation. I think it also includes two Circus games, "Final Exam Kujiura" and another one I can't remember =p

So, for 95 bucks you do get a lot more content which makes it worth the purchase... that is if you can read it ^^;;

It should work with the patch since it's basically the same game~
Old 2006-05-31, 05:07   Link #24
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
yay~ I remember a while back when there was someone who translated Kotori's route in D.C.P.C.~ Did you guys use his script?

Also, does the alpha patch include the whole route?
Arkanos is that guy.

Yes, the alpha patch includes the complete route. As well as Alice's and Kanae's. Just make sure to always pick the location where you put your cursor over and hear the voice of the corresponding character.

As for setting your alarm clock, all the "normal"s are translated. Alice has some "early" scenes as well.

Valdra: yep, both he and I are quite big Kotori fanboys. ^^;
Old 2006-05-31, 08:06   Link #25
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Bah, the site isn't working for me either now! Yet it is for other people on it at the same time... weird.

Quote:
oh my... Himeya really loves their markups.

It should work with the patch since it's basically the same game~
Of course they do, they're pretty much people like me's only source for this stuff I have a feeling using a service like akibado might look better on paper but would end up costing even more in the end. Oh well, another thing to seriously consider ordering when I get my credit card Not like I can read the extra stuff but hey, someday!

Quote:
Valdra: yep, both he and I are quite big Kotori fanboys. ^^;
She's one of the ones I prefer the game design to the anime one for. The shade they use for her hair is just... win.
Old 2006-05-31, 08:14   Link #26
◕‿‿◕

I PM'd you the direct download links, Valdra. Hopefully those work for you.
Old 2006-05-31, 11:41   Link #27
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
As for setting your alarm clock, all the "normal"s are translated. Alice has some "early" scenes as well.
Typically enough, after recieving the football alarm, first thing I did was hit late. Fortunately, it's only the one scene that was untranslated and then it went back to English.

I like the Kotori and Alice personality, compared to the anime ones. They're more in depth and interesting. I didn't notice the art so much.
Old 2006-05-31, 12:12   Link #28
◕‿‿◕

Yeah, Kotori and especially Alice didn't get a lot of focus in the anime. You get to know them much better in their own routes.

Also Jyunichi's personality is a lot better too, IMO.

As for the translated/untranslated scenes, you can check it in the readme. All the normals and a few earlys are translated.
Old 2006-05-31, 17:45   Link #29
EdenB
Overlord

I do like the commentary, which i'm assuming is from Jun'i'chi's point of view. Random example below.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-31, 18:20   Link #30
◕‿‿◕

Yeah, it's from his PoV.
He's funnier, less clueless (though it still ain't his strongest point but he certainly does notice stuff lots better), acts more confidently, and mostly he's just better at talking overall, making jokes, things like that. I love how he interacts with for example Kotori and Miharu.

There's more to him than "kattarui". ^^;
Old 2006-05-31, 21:15   Link #31
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Just tried the patch.

Very weird, I was playing through the first day, and I was surprised how fast the events went by, there wasn't even a scene where you actually talked to anyone.

Then I tried reinstalling the game without the translation patch, and then I noticed that the same events were longer, with the characters interacting, voices and everything.

Apparently, the patch had cut tons of things out.

Did I install the patch wrong? Or is the patch supposed to be this way?
Old 2006-05-31, 21:31   Link #32
◕‿‿◕

I think you're probably in summary mode...right click and click "scenario". If you want to disable summary mode altogether (for you it'd be useful the 2nd time around), go to the config menu and set summarize read scenes to off.

In case you guys haven't noticed, you can change the system voice if you want. I have it set to Sakura.
Old 2006-05-31, 21:33   Link #33
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Ah thanks a ton, it worked.

I was wondering WTF was going on, and reinstalled the game like 3x trying to fiddle with the patch XD
Old 2006-05-31, 21:34   Link #34
◕‿‿◕

No problem, glad it worked.

It's odd though. Summary mode would only work if you have a savegame where you've already read those scenes. Do you?
Old 2006-05-31, 21:36   Link #35
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Any idea on when Tamaki's scenario will be finished? I had a really hard time reading that the first time around, what with all the complicated dialogue and kanji~ ^^;;
Old 2006-05-31, 21:39   Link #36
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Any idea on when Tamaki's scenario will be finished? I had a really hard time reading that the first time around, what with all the complicated dialogue and kanji~ ^^;;
Like I said before, I'm nothing but a shameless advertiser and a tester . I have no idea. If he's working normally it should take no longer than 2 months but I don't know if he is. I don't even know if he's been doing any actual translation work on the last few weeks, he's been busy with work and other stressful things. I can ask if you want, though.
Old 2006-05-31, 21:50   Link #37
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

heh~ no pressure. I was just a little curious about it since she is one of my favorite characters from Da Capo. Her scenario by far interests me more than other heroines, what with the whole arranged marriage and the mysterious "fukai kizuna" she and Junichi share. (plus she's a Miko which throws her moe factor off the chart ^^)
Old 2006-05-31, 21:52   Link #38
◕‿‿◕

Well, Tamaki IS one of this guy's favourite characters. I don't know how far he'd go with the whole project but I believe he'd finish at least Tamaki for sure, since she's part of his 4-character-"elite".

Her scenario is interesting to say the least. It's also one of the longest and most complicated (to translate >.>).
Old 2006-05-31, 22:03   Link #39
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Suginami is pure awesomeness.

That is all.
Old 2006-06-01, 18:29   Link #40
◕‿‿◕

Cloudnine, I heard from Arkanos that Tamaki's route will be done within the next two months more or less.

Tags
bishoujo, circus, ero-game, game patch, translation