AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-07-31, 13:07   Link #381
venom1221

wow

Luffy barely gave Blueno time to breathe with those endless attacks; There were some really nice combos stamp->yari->missile
venom1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 13:22   Link #382
marvelB

Yeah, it's interesting that the anime added more attacks to Luffy's Gear 2 arsenal (in the manga, it was just Jet Pistol, Stamp, and finally Bazooka). The animation was nice, but the art was still rather lacking (particularly Blueno), but the fight was still enjoyable nonetheless (still like the manga version more, though).

BTW, for those that didn't know, Luffy said he was able to figure out Soru's secret by watching Blueno's feet rapidly tap the ground 10 times at the moment he starts moving, and he was able to get the hang of the trick. As for the rest of Gear 2's secrets... well, we won't find out for a good while....

Oh, and it looks like it'll be an episode or two before...

Spoiler:

Last edited by marvelB; 2006-07-31 at 15:11.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 14:31   Link #383
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogata
but what about Nami and Chopper? You saw in the opening how Franky smacks the hell out of Fukurou. What about Jyabura and Kumadori?
Just hang in there...you'll be surprised how things turn out. Things aren't exactly as they first seem.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 17:39   Link #384
Dual247

talk about absolute pownage i must say, animated gear 2 looked better than i thought it would be. especially those constant attacks by luffy. it really showed off a lot of what this evolution could do, since as someone already said, more moves were shown. sucks for blueno, never had a chance. also, watching luffy go soru really reminds me of dbz in a good way. i mean the way luffy disappears and attacks were quite sweet to watch. can't wait to see his next trick

i only part in this episode that i was a little disappointed in was the scene where luffy shouts out robin. in the manga, that scene was a lot more powerful to me. while in this episode it seem kinda flat.

anyway, this episode is really a teaser for the upcoming battles. i can't wait to see all of them animated. if this battle is any indication, i'll be drooling the rest as well.

GEAR 2 BABY!!!
Dual247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 18:10   Link #385
luffy1991

265 is the latest ep
luffy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 19:00   Link #386
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffy1991
265 is the latest ep
Wow, you're behind. 273 is the latest episode. XD

Gear 2nd was really awesome...I like how Luffy's voice gets raspier...
Don't forget that there's more scenes of Luffy shouting to Robin. He's been shouting for Robin since he got on the island, actually.
Old 2006-07-31, 21:42   Link #387
Ogata
Underling

Yokozuna rocks! Can someone make a gif of him doing the DOSKOI!! to the marines / enies lobby people?
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 22:32   Link #388
Forever
Revealing the truth

Luffy was pure ownage. For a moment, I thought there is a gear third! I cant imagine what kind of pwnage that will be! Cant wait to see spandam piss in his pants!
Old 2006-07-31, 22:43   Link #389
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
Luffy was pure ownage. For a moment, I thought there is a gear third! I cant imagine what kind of pwnage that will be!

Who said there isn't another Gear? Luffy certainly said that he was about to show Blueno something even MORE interesting before he passed out after all....
Old 2006-07-31, 23:49   Link #390
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
Who said there isn't another Gear? Luffy certainly said that he was about to show Blueno something even MORE interesting before he passed out after all....
There is another gear??? Wow! That only indicates the next CP9 who will be figting Luffy is even stronger. Kaku? Lucci? Does this also means Luffy will do his fireball in the gear III mode? Don't spoil. If Luffy was one of the new models of cars with manual transmission, he will be shifting to 5th gear in no time.

Well, the fight scenes are starting to resemble DBZ more and more with all the new addition of power upgrades, and just as much fun.

And how about that Zoro? Was he cool or what!! It cracked me up when those guys were asking why someone as strong as him (referring to Zoro) wasn't the captain. I would have told them, "that's because he has no sense of direction."
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 16:48   Link #391
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Does this also means Luffy will do his fireball in the gear III mode? Don't spoil.
Hehe, don't believe the opening, Luffy never shoots a fireball. XD Gear 3rd is very...different.

As for me, I love the ominous foreshadowing of how Luffy's name will become infamous across the world even if he didn't survive Enies Lobby. They are going to emerge from this battle as the most dangerous, wanted criminals ever. I don't think even Roger invaded Enies Lobby.
Old 2006-08-01, 22:53   Link #392
marvelB

Quote:
And how about that Zoro? Was he cool or what!! It cracked me up when those guys were asking why someone as strong as him (referring to Zoro) wasn't the captain. I would have told them, "that's because he has no sense of direction."

Heh, not just that, but he's too lazy to be captain. I mean, when he's NOT fighting, he's either sleeping, drinking, or getting lost. During the whole ride in Rocketman, the first thing he does after blasting a hole in a tidal wave, slicing 2 train cars in half and defeating a powerful Marine Captain in 1 hit is... sleep. And not to mention all the booze that he drank before leaving W7 in the first place....

..And I wasn't really trying to spoil before (sorry if it seemed that way, though...).
Old 2006-08-02, 10:35   Link #393
attic_dude

i just want to say that one piece is by far the best anime right now. i used to be a fan of bleach and naruto but since they're in the filler stage i started to try out one piece. to my surprise, this has turned out to be the best anime of the three (IMHO). it took me only 1 month to get to the latest episode (273) and from episode 1 it has been an enjoyable ride, and ep 273 just topped it all off!!!!

and the best part is, i think we're just getting to the interesting parts of this arc!!

gear 2 rocks!! i love that sound luffy makes when he stretches during gear 2!!!
attic_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 12:50   Link #394
SoulSeth
海賊王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
As for me, I love the ominous foreshadowing of how Luffy's name will become infamous across the world even if he didn't survive Enies Lobby. They are going to emerge from this battle as the most dangerous, wanted criminals ever. I don't think even Roger invaded Enies Lobby.

I loved the thought of that as well ^^

273 was great, it was as simple as that. The way Luffy just completely kicked Bluenos ass was superb. I had goosebumps.
SoulSeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 20:02   Link #395
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual247
talk about absolute pownage i must say, animated gear 2 looked better than i thought it would be. especially those constant attacks by luffy. it really showed off a lot of what this evolution could do, since as someone already said, more moves were shown. sucks for blueno, never had a chance. also, watching luffy go soru really reminds me of dbz in a good way. i mean the way luffy disappears and attacks were quite sweet to watch. can't wait to see his next trick

i only part in this episode that i was a little disappointed in was the scene where luffy shouts out robin. in the manga, that scene was a lot more powerful to me. while in this episode it seem kinda flat.

anyway, this episode is really a teaser for the upcoming battles. i can't wait to see all of them animated. if this battle is any indication, i'll be drooling the rest as well.

GEAR 2 BABY!!!

You hit right on the nail, the only blemish I had with this episode was exactly the same part where Luffy shouts, the background music was great for setup as it is genearally the case in OP but delivery is a bit flat, it lack the punch the manga had.

It had me worried a bit though because, the anime had same problem in the scene when Robin told Ice Berg that she'll take all six Strawhat's life over the lives in entire world. that scene was a bit flat in anime as well.

Hopefully it'll be better next episode as it is also a fairly emotional chapter with number of powerful scenes.

And I cross my finger for that fateful scene after Robin's falshback to be well done.

But still GREAT episode and the story is just heating up.....
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 03:09   Link #396
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
You hit right on the nail, the only blemish I had with this episode was exactly the same part where Luffy shouts, the background music was great for setup as it is genearally the case in OP but delivery is a bit flat, it lack the punch the manga had.

It had me worried a bit though because, the anime had same problem in the scene when Robin told Ice Berg that she'll take all six Strawhat's life over the lives in entire world. that scene was a bit flat in anime as well.

Hopefully it'll be better next episode as it is also a fairly emotional chapter with number of powerful scenes.

And I cross my finger for that fateful scene after Robin's falshback to be well done.

But still GREAT episode and the story is just heating up.....

well one fairly standard blemish is the stupid "recap" that takes up 1/3 of the episode.

and also i fidn that the episode was dragged abit in some place, wasting quite abit of time. I think there were certain places where puases were nto really necessary, but then thats a common complain i have against alot of anime
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 23:38   Link #397
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
Hehe, don't believe the opening, Luffy never shoots a fireball. XD Gear 3rd is very...different.

I think 300 mil should be a respectful figure if Luffy.... what am I saying.. when Luffy successfully escapes from here. Yeap! Those are the moments what make One Piece so special. Hopefully, this time they will get a better headshot of Usopp for their bounty posters.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 21:11   Link #398
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
I think 300 mil should be a respectful figure if Luffy.... what am I saying.. when Luffy successfully escapes from here. Yeap! Those are the moments what make One Piece so special. Hopefully, this time they will get a better headshot of Usopp for their bounty posters.
Usopp won't be wanted... Sogeking will be.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-05, 13:59   Link #399
Chuixupu
Shikachu

That thought has been around for a really long time, but I have to say that I would find that a little dull. How will Usopp become famous if he's got an alias taking all the credit? XD
Old 2006-08-05, 14:04   Link #400
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

They know it's Ussop under the mask anyway, they'll probably put pics of masked and unmasked Ussop with the bounty. Or two separate bounties, Sogeking's being a lot higher. Which could be quite funny, I guess.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote