AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-22, 23:53   Link #21
drsypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Mega Man EXE was an isometric/panel battle game, so I dunno how they could adapt that to a 2D plane. Mega Man or X would work better, in my opinion. As for Viewtiful Joe; that's an interesting idea! Why not?
Megaman Network Transmission did pretty well in terms of bringing EXE into the realm of 2D-ish. They could use some of the more popular battle chips for his attacks that aren't his buster, I suppose. Overall, though, I do agree that Megaman or X would work better either way. I'd definitely like to see one of them in here, preferably classic Megaman.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 00:11   Link #22
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Do we all agree on Pit should be left out atleast?
I don't, though I certainly think he should be nerfed. Multiple jump recovery and two reflection attacks with one of them doubling as an edge-guard made him really annoying to fight against.

Quote:
How about they bring in Kingdom Hearts into the Flay, come on. It will be epic beyond epic
Well if Square Enix does get a representative in this game then Kingdom Hearts seems like the ideal series choice for it considering it suits Smash's cartoony flair more.

The problem is, whether or not Disney's ownership behind some of the property in Kingdom Hearts will interfere with that. I suppose it could be avoided if they stuck to implementing only KH original material though.
Old 2011-06-23, 00:28   Link #23
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Y'know, I also gotta say I'd like Mewtwo back instead of Lucario. His moveset (if almost the same), looked alot cooler~

... I also wonder how the voice cast will sound, seeing as 4kids had a big play in Brawl's VA cast~
Old 2011-06-23, 01:01   Link #24
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I heard some rumors that Capcom may lend some characters like Ryu or Megaman to this game, but nothing official.
Old 2011-06-23, 06:23   Link #25
GDB

Quote:
Considering he's getting a 3DS game soon... probably not?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 06:59   Link #26
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Considering he's getting a 3DS game soon... probably not?
.....FFF- well they better nerf his cheap butt...
Old 2011-06-23, 07:17   Link #27
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Expecting more Famicon Tantei Trophy goodness. That's really the best thing about Brawl for me.

Oh well. Going to dream about having the lovely Ayumi as a playable character and Nintendo resurrecting Famitan series!
Old 2011-06-23, 08:04   Link #28
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfBunny View Post
There will be a Capcom character to be on the next game. I vote for Ryu!
I doubt it. If there'll be a Capcom character in SSB4, it'll be Mega Man, classic NES version, as that is by far the most recognizable Nintendo-related character from Capcom.

Quote:
Jigglypuff [...] should retire from being unlockables, and they should automatically join the new game.
Blasphemy. Lethal Joke Characters should always be unlockable.

Quote:
For newcomers to be on the next Smash Brothers, I vote for Master Cheif from Halo.
Not happening. The first condition for a third-party character to appear in SSB is that a game the character appears in has to have been released on a Nintendo console at some point. Not a single Halo has ever been on a Nintendo console, so Master Chief is without a doubt out.

Quote:
how about jigglypuff not be in the game at all, and give the space to a actual interesting character. and if you disagree, i'll SHOOT YOU! XP
Jigglypuff is one of the most interesting characters in the game. Not only is she a Lethal Joke Character, she manages to be powerful despite being weak and slow. Her moveset allows good players to completely devastate opponents even though her stats are really bad. The only remotely similar character is Mr. Game & Watch, who is also a Lethal Joke Character and easily defeated, but his speed is average and he is one of the strongest characters in the game. Jigglypuff is way too unique to be cut, to say nothing of how popular she is in Japan.

Quote:
As for Master Chief- I'm sorry, but just no. Not only is he with Microsoft, but I just cannot see any way that this guy would be fair in a fight.
The same could be said of Samus and Snake, and the opposite could be said of Jigglypuff, Kirby, Olimar, et cetera. How powerful a character is in-universe has nothing to do with his actual performance in a fighting game; he'll just be balanced to fit in. People die when they're shot with a gun, but in any fighting game with guns, you just lose a bit of HP when hit.

Quote:
Then again, it was like that with most characters. Like it or not, Smash Bros. was pretty unbalanced. Sure, there's a handicap option which works, but I sure wouldn't want to have that degrading my victories. 'Tis better than not being able to move though.
If you were talking about only SSB64, I would agree with you - that game is simply unbalanced. For Melee and Brawl, though, I can't agree with you. Although the difference between Top Tier and Bottom Tier was quite large, it was still quite possible to reasonably play anything Middle Tier and up competitively. And there's even examples like Gimpyfish who can win at tournaments with Bottom Tier characters.
In Brawl, they even fixed all the balance issues Melee had, leading to a well-balanced game if it weren't for a single rotten apple - Meta Knight was too powerful, which was a serious balance issue. Other than Meta Knight, the power difference between the other characters was quite good for a fighting game.

Quote:
Sure! Who do YOU want to be on the next Smash Brothers? Anime girls?
Not happening. One of the conditions for third-party characters was that they were mainly game characters. Non-game characters that happen to have a spin-off game on a Nintendo console will not be chosen as SSB characters. The only possibility of anime characters is if the anime was a spin-off from the game, but how many of those have been on Nintendo consoles?

Quote:
I wonder if the Brawl announcer will stay.
He won't. The announcer was different in all three previous games, so there's no reason to think they won't change it this time.

Quote:
Id like no toon link but rather twilight princess link with two forms (like Zelda) Wolf and Human Link.
I doubt Young Link/Toon Link will be cut. Maybe it'll appear in a different form again, but the character has appeared in two SSB games so far, so the odds of it being cut from the roster is rather tiny.

Quote:
As for characters, Lucario is obviously out. Some new Pokemon from GenV will take his place.
Agreed. The character itself will be out, but the main moveset will be on a new character again.

Quote:
No idea if Pokemon Trainer will stick around with the Kanto starters.
Most likely. The Kanto starters were chosen even though they were already at Generation 4 at that point. They were obviously doing it to represent the original Pokemon. The Trainer himself was also clearly modeled after Red.

Quote:
Curious what they'll do with the Fire Emblem characters. Marth is obviously staying since he's so popular. Ike, though? He's not a new character, and technically he's not the most recent Fire Emblem leader (Marth is). Could he be removed in favor of Sigurd, to promote a Fire Emblem 4 3DS game (conjecture, since they've released FE1 and FE3 on the DS, don't assume this to be happening)? MAKE IT SO, NINTENDO!
Roy was easily cut because he was barely more than a Marth clone, and not very popular. Ike is much more unique and much more popular than Roy ever was, though, so he has a much better chance of staying. It's possible they'll do a Mewto-style character exchange with staying moveset, though.

Quote:
Well, technically, I want Namco characters to be in there.
If a Namco character will get in, it'll be Pac-man. Other characters barely stand any chance. I mean, if you think of 'Nintendo' and 'Namco', how many characters do you think of? I can't think of any truly popular characters except Pac-man.

Quote:
Not happening, ever. Masahiro Sakurai, the creator of SSBB, is also the creator of Kid Icarus. He loves the character, and a new Kid Icarus will be released soon, making Kid Icarus a Nintendo flagship title again. Cutting Pit would be like cutting Mario, Link or Kirby. It just isn't happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
-Viewtiful Joe
The franchise is dead, and the hype for it was short-lived. I'd say the chances of Viewtiful Joe appearing in a non-Capcom fighting game are pretty slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
How about they bring in Kingdom Hearts into the Flay, come on. It will be epic beyond epic
I don't see it happening. The only Kingdom Hearts games released on Nintendo consoles are spin-offs. When you think Kingdom Hearts, you think Sony, not Nintendo.

Quote:
.....FFF- well they better nerf his cheap butt...
Characters are always re-balanced in new installments. Just look at Sheik, a top-tier character in Melee, who become a whole lot less awesome in Brawl, and Mr. Game & Watch, a Lower Tier character in Melee who became rather powerful in Brawl.

Pit is mid-tier, though, so he won't be truly getting nerfed. He will probably be newbie-nerfed like Link, though; he won't actually be any less good as a character, but the techniques that are easily abused by newbies will be made less easy to abuse.

Quote:
What do you want for the next Smash Brothers? And who do you want to be on the new game?
Most of all, proper online play. That is all I really ask for. The rest is extra.

As for characters:
-Knuckles the Echidna (third party character, I don't see it happening, attention has shifted to Shadow in the newer installments)
-Mega Man
-Mii
-More Warioware characters (Kat/Ana or 9-Volt would be interesting)

And of course, we will inevitably be getting a new Lethal Joke Character after Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch and ROB...but I have no idea who it will be.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 08:21   Link #29
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
As for characters, Lucario is obviously out. Some new Pokemon from GenV will take his place.
Most likely Zoroark.

Quote:
As for Viewtiful Joe; that's an interesting idea! Why not?
Not popular enough I'd imagine.

Quote:
Curious what they'll do with the Fire Emblem characters. Marth is obviously staying since he's so popular. Ike, though? He's not a new character, and technically he's not the most recent Fire Emblem leader (Marth is). Could he be removed in favor of Sigurd, to promote a Fire Emblem 4 3DS game (conjecture, since they've released FE1 and FE3 on the DS, don't assume this to be happening)? MAKE IT SO, NINTENDO!
Sigurd would be too good to be true, still thoroughly annoyed they removed Roy for Ike. Personally never liked Ike an awful lot though thats more because when he hit the scene was about the time the FE series really began to go down the drain. It maybe they simply use older Ike from FE10.

Quote:
Megaman Network Transmission did pretty well in terms of bringing EXE into the realm of 2D-ish. They could use some of the more popular battle chips for his attacks that aren't his buster, I suppose. Overall, though, I do agree that Megaman or X would work better either way. I'd definitely like to see one of them in here, preferably classic Megaman.
Think I would actually like Megaman.EXE over classic or X, he was a good update to the series, though I'm fine with any as long they stay the hell away from Star Force. If they decide to push their luck, I wouldn't mind MMZ Zero as well, he really doesn't get enough appreciation.

My only real hopes is they bring back proper comboes into the game and tone the hell down Metaknight. I know Sakurai fanboys the guy as does everyone else but it was really ridiculous how he outprioritized everyone. Maybe also make hazards in levels a hell lot less damaging and fatal so its actually reasonable to play them without getting robbed of a win.

I wouldn't mind Final Smashes making it back into the game but they'd need a huge nerfbat and for that terribad smash ball mechanic to be rid of.
Old 2011-06-23, 12:31   Link #30
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Mega Man EXE was an isometric/panel battle game, so I dunno how they could adapt that to a 2D plane. Mega Man or X would work better, in my opinion. As for Viewtiful Joe; that's an interesting idea! Why not?
um, onimusha blade warriors,

for capcom the obvious choice is servbot LOL jk, that reminds me MM legends 3 is coming out on 3ds, maybe Rock Volnutt

I hope they give Ganondorf a style this time, instead of being, a slower, stronger version of captain falcon, preferably with a sword.

I honestly wouldn't mind ryu, although samus already stole his final smash

overall I say MMZ zero, even though I prefer the original zero
Old 2011-06-23, 14:15   Link #31
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
No, Kid Icarus should not be a forgotten game.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 16:23   Link #32
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Mega Man EXE was an isometric/panel battle game, so I dunno how they could adapt that to a 2D plane.
Mega Man Network Transmission. Onimusha Blade Warriors.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 16:25   Link #33
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
I owned Network Transmission- was actually my first Gamecube before Mario Party 4. I still think X or Classic would work better, but this was a possibility I had forgotten about.
Old 2011-06-23, 16:27   Link #34
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
I owned Network Transmission- was actually my first Gamecube before Mario Party 4. I still think X or Classic would work better, but this was a possibility I had forgotten about.
It was ignored (which was sad considering it was a pretty good throwback to the old-school Mega Man games), so it's understandable people would forget.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 16:47   Link #35
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
It was ignored (which was sad considering it was a pretty good throwback to the old-school Mega Man games), so it's understandable people would forget.
Yes, agreed. It might not be worth much, but I loved and played that game to death.
Old 2011-06-23, 17:16   Link #36
Zakoo

I would love a tales of character. But impossible I guess ?
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 17:32   Link #37
GDB

Not impossible, but very, very unlikely. If one were to be in, it'd either be Myuu as a trophy character, Asch as a trophy character, or Luke as a playable/trophy character.
Old 2011-06-23, 17:38   Link #38
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I'd think Lloyd would actually have the best chance as a Tales representative actually.

Both Symphonia games debuted on Nintendo's consoles after all.
Old 2011-06-23, 17:48   Link #39
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

A Tales character IS quite unlikely, but a combo fighter like Lloyd, Luke or Yuri would work quite well in a Smash Bros game. GDB probably suggested those because of the upcoming Tales of Abyss game on the 3DS.

But as far as licensing goes, it's up to Namco Bandai to allow or disallow said characters; Nintendo probably won't even consider them anyways.
Old 2011-06-23, 18:23   Link #40
GDB

Quote:
GDB probably suggested those because of the upcoming Tales of Abyss game on the 3DS.
Yep. New trumps old for character selection.

Tags
super smash bros. 3ds