AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-24, 14:36   Link #5061
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Finally we are onto something. Another 7 years and we ll probably get to the meat of Saki and Teru's estrangement. Wonder if Ritz is going to put the competition on hold for a bit to focus on Teru's background for the next few chapter. Either way, I'm looking forward to Usuzan last 2, the first 3 players have been fodder so far to build up expectation for their aces. Though i kinda feel bad for Yuan being toyed around so much by all the other players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Forgot to ask, I wish someone can tell to me more about what is Matano's Rinkai Shoe-in and Takami's Sangenpai?

P.S. This very conversation also acts like a foreshadowing that Takami will be facing Choe in the near future meaning that Rinkai made it through the semi but of course, one can't rule out the possibility that Ritz could be trolling us readers yet again.
The sangenpai comment is probably to avoid having South wind stuck with Choe. If Takami is going to seed for a yakuman, it's probably easier to do daisangen instead of shoushuushii (3 wind triplet + 1 wind pair) since it's unlikely for her to have South wind from her starting hand to discard first to build her final hand with Choe's power in play.

I don't think you can draw any hints for the finals with that little segment since other than Kiyosumi, none of the other schools have any plot armor but i think Himematsu might have gotten a death flag with their mentor showing up and most of their characters' background story told.
Old 2014-06-24, 15:00   Link #5062
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Time for Shinohayu leaks

Spoiler for Spoiler:

This is the best part, though.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 17:47   Link #5063
King-Slayer

Chapter is out.
Really loved Hayari's mom and her personality. Also it looks like we might be still on course for a death of an idol.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 18:00   Link #5064
Bladezer

Yes finally my time to shine

Saki chapter 129 leaks are out. Seems we are getting Usuzan's flashback, really happy about that. Glad we didn't go into Teru back story, I think that should really be saved for the finals or during the individuals.

Also Hayari's back story seems to be wrapping up, which means we may finally head into the main plot.

Also hopefully find out who is Usuzan's Vice captain is. I'm hoping its Sawaya, I just feel she's the better choice, also seems more fitting that Yukiko would get more attention as the captain then the vice-captain, and before anyone says that Nodoka being the vice-captain supports with Yukiko being vice-captain, i'd just like to remind you all that they had no idea if she would be in the team tournament at all. Also don't say I'm wrong until get the actual chapter, please.

Really looking forward to the vice-captain match. For this match I also see it being Kinue who loses the most points, because that probably who Usuzan's vice-captain will be aiming for, if they don't win through mostly tsumoing

I really want to find out Megan plays, I also want to ask you guys something, what is the likely hood that Megan could use a style the emulates American style mahjong, like how Hao emulates Chinese mahjong for her style, now I doubt that is her style just curious, an also wondering if its possible to use some american winning hands in riichi mahjong like with how some chinese hands can qualify for winning hands.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 21:09   Link #5065
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Yes finally my time to shine

Saki chapter 129 leaks are out. Seems we are getting Usuzan's flashback, really happy about that. Glad we didn't go into Teru back story, I think that should really be saved for the finals or during the individuals.

Also Hayari's back story seems to be wrapping up, which means we may finally head into the main plot.

Also hopefully find out who is Usuzan's Vice captain is. I'm hoping its Sawaya, I just feel she's the better choice, also seems more fitting that Yukiko would get more attention as the captain then the vice-captain, and before anyone says that Nodoka being the vice-captain supports with Yukiko being vice-captain, i'd just like to remind you all that they had no idea if she would be in the team tournament at all. Also don't say I'm wrong until get the actual chapter, please.

Really looking forward to the vice-captain match. For this match I also see it being Kinue who loses the most points, because that probably who Usuzan's vice-captain will be aiming for, if they don't win through mostly tsumoing

I really want to find out Megan plays, I also want to ask you guys something, what is the likely hood that Megan could use a style the emulates American style mahjong, like how Hao emulates Chinese mahjong for her style, now I doubt that is her style just curious, an also wondering if its possible to use some american winning hands in riichi mahjong like with how some chinese hands can qualify for winning hands.
And the next chapter will be released in two weeks, Hope that Ritz can maintain this pace as long as possible
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 08:25   Link #5066
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Chapter is out.
Really loved Hayari's mom and her personality. Also it looks like we might be still on course for a death of an idol.
Nah, that would be too awful. Now we'll get to see how the hell this segways into mahjong. And yes, Hayari has a really nice mom, and one who definetly trusts her daughter a lot. To think this honest child will become an idol with a thing for the young ones.

Speaking of idols...

Spoiler for Saki 129:
Old 2014-07-04, 17:15   Link #5067
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ch 129 is out... and I must admit Usuzan is not quite as I expected them to be. Not a bad background chapter, I guess, but am still waiting for Saki to reappear and face Nelly....
Old 2014-07-04, 17:40   Link #5068
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Ch 129 is out... and I must admit Usuzan is not quite as I expected them to be. Not a bad background chapter, I guess, but am still waiting for Saki to reappear and face Nelly....
Welcome to the rest of the year.

Wait, what the hell, Usuzan?

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2014-07-04, 17:44   Link #5069
tsunade666

uwawawawawaaaaaaaaa! PONYTAIL GLASSES GIRL COMBO!!!

Its hard to pick between idol or ponytail glasses!!

Did ritz got tired in drawing? some panels (or page 11) are literally black and white outlines and doesn't have shading or shadowing at all.

Or is it the scans group fault? too much leveling or burning.

Uzusan is a weird majhong club. They are totally newbie or didn't play the game at all even though its a mahjong club room.
Old 2014-07-04, 17:55   Link #5070
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Welcome to the rest of the year....

Well, yeah, but I can still look forward to something, right? Especially with no Saki anime in the wings official announcements wise and all....

In any event I was kinda interested in the remark "I have seven riichi's left." I guess this is an early hint at her monstrousness or something....
Old 2014-07-04, 17:59   Link #5071
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
uwawawawawaaaaaaaaa! PONYTAIL GLASSES GIRL COMBO!!!

Its hard to pick between idol or ponytail glasses!!

Did ritz got tired in drawing? some panels (or page 11) are literally black and white outlines and doesn't have shading or shadowing at all.

Or is it the scans group fault? too much leveling or burning.

Uzusan is a weird majhong club. They are totally newbie or didn't play the game at all even though its a mahjong club room.
It's Ritz's fault. She made a post saying there was no time to finish the toning on this chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

Well, yeah, but I can still look forward to something, right? Especially with no Saki anime in the wings official announcements wise and all....

In any event I was kinda interested in the remark "I have seven riichi's left." I guess this is an early hint at her monstrousness or something....
Sounds like a limitation to me, then again, each one could count.

Of course, I'm already looking forward to the final match, it's just... a long time from here.
Old 2014-07-04, 18:14   Link #5072
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Whahahaha . That's my reaction after I read the chapter . They have a mahjong room and don't the sempai sold the game. they played every kind of game but Mahjong.

Now waiting for next chapter for the end of that flashback and the start of the match.

Last edited by Fragment off; 2014-07-04 at 18:40.
Fragment off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 19:24   Link #5073
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I had a good laugh, first from the unfinished pages that i don't remember seeing before in mangas i have read till now and the mahjong club that plays every other game than mahjong and don't even have mahjong tiles left.
Old 2014-07-04, 21:41   Link #5074
King-Slayer

Not a bad transition chapter. It looked like she had this long ass chapter planned (judging by where it left off) and didn't really consider toning till it was too late. Ah well we get a chapter in two weeks so I don't really care. Usuzan is so cute.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 21:49   Link #5075
Peanutbutter

Wow, Usuzan is the tea-drinking Keion-bu in Saki.

Quote:
The seniors sold the tiles away.
There was another chapter where there was only outline and no shading. I recall it was the introduction of this semis match. Ritz had to apologize due to her failure to meet the dateline, resulting in an incomplete manuscript submitted.

Megane Maya-chan has my love. And she's changing clothes? What will she change into?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 21:55   Link #5076
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Wow, Usuzan is the tea-drinking Keion-bu in Saki.

There was another chapter where there was only outline and no shading. I recall it was the introduction of this semis match. Ritz had to apologize due to her failure to meet the dateline, resulting in an incomplete manuscript submitted.

Megane Maya-chan has my love. And she's changing clothes? What will she change into?
I think you can see it at the end of Zenkoku-hen. Something along the lines of Nodoka's avatar. So yeah, this match is gonna get lewd.

And it will still be a drag.
Old 2014-07-04, 23:32   Link #5077
Kamieichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
You can see it in Main manga chapter 114 and Achiga chapter 8.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

By the way, Ritz said in the blog that the image of Yukiko and Satoha is a possible future event of individual tournament.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 02:41   Link #5078
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

Yeah, another Nodoka-tier character. And now a skirt with a slit ? Ritz sure knows how to appeal readers.
Old 2014-07-05, 04:53   Link #5079
Chitanda Eru

According to the last episode of Saki: Zenkoku-hen, I think vice-captain of Usuzan may have the power of Mahou shoujo or some think like that )
Anyways, after reading chap 129, I feel disappointed about Usuzan, They seem not to be as strong as Hayari-pro said or kind of high level ace
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 11:08   Link #5080
Nihilanth

It's good to see Usuzan getting development (which reminds me of how Tsuruga didn't get all that much attention until Momo's debut midway through the vice-captain round), since in addition to seeming less than competent, they also seemed fairly uninteresting as characters, possibly comparable to Koshigaya from Achiga-hen (they're the one that fell to fourth place after the lieutenant match and never recovered, while Kentani just barely lost).

However, it's unfortunate that we'll have to wait for more details on Teru and Saki's past. I hope it won't end up being delayed until Saki and Teru face each other in the individuals, since Saki will be facing Awai in the finals, rather than Teru (it's a bit odd how no one seems to have noticed that, although Saki does seem to be aware which position Awai plays on her sister's team).

I'm particularly interested in hearing about it, because I'm writing a Saki/Girls und Panzer crossover fanfic, called "Necessary To Win," in which Saki characters compete in tankery alongside the Girls und Panzer characters. For example, Saki and her Kiyosumi teammates, as well as the Tsuruga girls, join the protagonists in Oarai, while Teru and her teammates from Shiraitodai are part of the main rival, and champion for 9 out of the 10 previous tournaments, Black Forest.

The fic is currently up to just after the semifinals, and is going into Saki and Teru's past. Without spoiling too much, the fic's version of what happens includes the mysterious girl from Saki and Teru's family photo, and I'd hoped to actually find out the girl's canon name, among other things (even if what happens to her in canon is most likely different from in this fic).

Of course, I had to make my own interpretations about certain things, or modify others to fit the story. One example is Hisa's (Oarai's vice-captain, and treasurer for the student council) backstory in this fic, and the circumstances that resulted in her not being able to see Mihoko again and ending up in a school that doesn't have a very good team for the game she's interested in. As such, I suppose that's one thing you'll have to expect when doing fanfiction for works that aren't yet finished, much like how people who wrote Naruto fanfiction had to deal with changing information regarding Tobi's true identity.

You can find the fic, titled "Necessary to Win," here.
Nihilanth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri