AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-29, 23:48   Link #241
Robotnik
Not a member

Does anyone remember what episode the badminton bit from the OP is in? Or is my memory of the show merging with parts that were only in the manga?
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 02:50   Link #242
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
Does anyone remember what episode the badminton bit from the OP is in? Or is my memory of the show merging with parts that were only in the manga?
I don't remember that part being in the anime either. It probably is recent exposure to the manga.

Speaking of which, managed to get it in the past week and do a bit of reading. YenPress did a fine job but the editing problems found in the releases of Sunshine Sketch have turned up in this too (ie. putting a translation note between panels as opposed to using the space the sign/whatever takes up). Overall, a good release.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 13:03   Link #243
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
There is such a segment in the manga, but it did not appear in the anime outside of the opening. Still keep in mind that we still have the OVA. So maybe it will appear then.
Old 2009-12-31, 17:48   Link #244
Dop
Mmmm....

I recently read volume 2 and thought "Aha! That's where the bit with the shuttlecocks in the opening titles came from!"
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 11:33   Link #245
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I recently read volume 2 and thought "Aha! That's where the bit with the shuttlecocks in the opening titles came from!"
I wonder how much of the stuff in volume 2 that didn't make it into the anime will be in the OVA.

I really love the part of the opening where Noda Miki pulls out all the rackets. It's like she's prepared for battle.

On a side note, I got the Music Palette awhile ago. It's definitely nice to have. Also listening to the ending songs in a row can be quite interesting. I also like how Awara Chikako has her own tune. Chocolate Street!
Old 2010-01-30, 20:28   Link #246
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
On a side note, I got the Music Palette awhile ago. It's definitely nice to have. Also listening to the ending songs in a row can be quite interesting. I also like how Awara Chikako has her own tune. Chocolate Street!
For such a simple series, the OST is an unusual amount of win. Lots of bass.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 12:30   Link #247
Midonin
Last Engage

The OVA's finally out. While I will wait for the subs, I've already watched it. Fashion and drawings of the sky are the order of the day, and seeing Noda and friends again is a lot of fun. I liked the special ending they came up with for it too. A live action black poster paint, friend of Professor, created by Noda, wanders around a campus seeing artwork from the series recreated, and ends with a Claymation shot of the GA five. Just as fun as the series.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 08:41   Link #248
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Given the price of the volume being the same as the two episode volumes, I kind of wish the OVA had been longer. Also, I was hoping certain strips would have gotten animated. Ah, well.

That aside the OVA was a pretty nice episode over all. I like the scene with Chikako near the end and heck it was one of the scenes I wanted to see animated. So I did get something.

Also, Noda is quite pretty. Her smiling is a good reminder of that.
Old 2010-04-05, 17:58   Link #249
kuro341
Lucky Star love anyone?

Noda seems to be a fan favorite of a lot of people. (She is also my favorite character) I am glad that they are made an OVA and am currently downloading it. I am pumped for it. Yay!!
kuro341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 13:04   Link #250
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I went ahead and created a manga thread over in the manga subforum for this series since Yen Press is producing an english translation for it and this thread discussion seems to be veering towards the manga away from the anime.

Just read volume 2 ... quite funny stuff (Masa for the win with her hairpins... and Kisa's effective use of Masa's pencils)

The anime DVD (japanese only, Region 2) came out in April 2010 it seems ... http://mv.avex.jp/ga/goods.html

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-07-06 at 13:18.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 00:05   Link #251
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually.. Aa-san and her "not-kansai" chubu accent was my favorite character, its unfortunate we didn't see more of her feisty loose cannon antics.
Old 2010-07-14, 23:04   Link #252
Jiji
*Scanlator

For some reason, Aa-san is the character that's always on my mind with G.A., too. I have a really hard time picking a "favourite" out of the characters, but Aa-san always stands out to me. I think it might be partly a memorable character, but also in the anime, the voice actress was truly outstanding.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-15, 15:18   Link #253
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiji View Post
For some reason, Aa-san is the character that's always on my mind with G.A., too. I have a really hard time picking a "favourite" out of the characters, but Aa-san always stands out to me. I think it might be partly a memorable character, but also in the anime, the voice actress was truly outstanding.
Heh.. I was quite disappointed when the crabby little character didn't actually get to share the umbrella with her club-mate because the sun came out. They're always picking at each other so it would have been a nice counter-moment.
Old 2010-07-17, 09:28   Link #254
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Actually.. Aa-san and her "not-kansai" chubu accent was my favorite character, its unfortunate we didn't see more of her feisty loose cannon antics.
Aa-san is one of my favorite characters in general. Although the princess (Nodamiki) is also a strong contender. In any case, what we need is another season. That has potential to solve the fact we never got enough Aa-san. As if it's even possible to get enough.
Old 2010-08-03, 12:01   Link #255
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

(also posted in manga thread)
Okay.... this is interesting; a *FIGURE* release for this series... wonder how many they'll do?

Kisaragi to start, a nice one of her and her art equipment scattered about:
http://www.hlj.com/product/CAD13241
Old 2010-08-04, 12:03   Link #256
Jiji
*Scanlator

I am no figurine collector by any stretch, but a figure of Noda-chan would do nicely. Maybe Professor, too.
Jiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 05:10   Link #257
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Good to see the Geijutsuka Art Design Class OVA finally subbed. It was a heart warming episode, like most of the TV series. Of course, with the usual madness thanks to the wacky characters.

I really should start reading the manga.
Old 2010-08-30, 07:02   Link #258
Dop
Mmmm....

Hurray for the OVA - that just makes me want to dig out the series and watch it all over again.

Can hardly wait for the third volume of the Manga...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 23:56   Link #259
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Good to see the Geijutsuka Art Design Class OVA finally subbed. It was a heart warming episode, like most of the TV series. Of course, with the usual madness thanks to the wacky characters.

I really should start reading the manga.
Yes, anyone who enjoys the anime really has to read the manga. It fills in all the little nooks and crannies between the episodes.

Tags
manga time kirara, seinen, slice of life