AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 18:43   Link #701
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Really enjoyed ep 7 ... the characters really come across as very "real" somehow.

Did not expect Mio's family to be outright "nudists", though. It would explain much in retrospect, but yeesh.

You know, though, Kaito is a strange male lead. He has principles and decisiveness, yes - he pretty much knows his mind on things, moreso than plenty of male leads in anime series. But somehow he still comes across to me as nondescript, somehow. Hmm. Maybe just me, I guess?

7.5/10 vote for ep 7 from me.
Old 2012-02-22, 23:55   Link #702
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Was looking forward to this week's "Onegai Senpai" based on what I saw others post earlier. This series just keeps getting better. While I still don't believe that it is the best boy-girl romance show of the season, it is certainly one of the best comedies this season and I have to give credit to the writers and the director for the realistic and very likeable supporting characters that go way beyond the cliches that I thought they'd enbody. I also have to credit them for not dragging out certain things like other rom-coms. I even found that my respect for Kaito has increased.

I still like Tetsurou a whole lot more than Kaito because Tetsurou is really a nice guy. It was a great moment for him to tell Mio that she should trust the nakama more, and he stood up for her. Mio also had a great moment where she finally told Tetsurou how she felt. I want to see where these two take it because I can see how they deeply care about each other, and I think they could be a great couple.

I liked how Kaito acknowledged some of his shortcomings in his talk with Ichika about Kaori. He could sense that she was pushing herself to be closer to him, but he just couldn't be man enough to confront her over it so once again Ichika does the heavy lifting for him. He also still hasn't done the kind thing by sitting down with Kanna and explaining that he wants to be with Ichika and that he isn't going to feel that way about her. This is one reason why I still can't see Kaito as a nice guy. He's a typical teenager with glasses. Although at least he's FINALLY taking some initiative in his kiss of Ichika. Now, if only he could use that initiative in his life. Then, he'd be the male lead that deserves Ichika.

I would have liked Remon to tell Kanna what she could sense about Kaito, but then again, we wouldn't have seen Kanna-nyan in a maid outfit with cat ears and a tail. So I forgive Remon for that because well, neko maid Kanna is just what the doctor ordered. I would love to see Kanna find her happiness too. Maybe she'll realize that she can do better than a guy who is only interested in the busty senpai for physical reasons(EDIT: although to his credit, he is very tolerant of Ichika's quirks like her odd way of cooking and I don't think he'd act differently when he finds out that Ichika's an alien) and meet a guy who like her for what's inside and not her bust size.

For all of this, I give this episode a 8/10. Next episode looks like they'll be a "test of courage".

EDIT: My perception of Kaito may be colored by slight envy of him.

Last edited by AbZeroNow; 2012-02-23 at 00:18.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 00:44   Link #703
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Why do most episodes start out kinda boring, but then it becomes incredibly awesome? This episode delivered. Mio confesses, Kanna dress like a catgirl while getting drunk because of Remon, and Kaito almost makes out with Ichika.

So the whole reason why Remon got kanna drunk is to ease her sorrow as to what was going to happen later on?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 05:27   Link #704
Dop
Mmmm....

I liked the bit when Kaito told Ichika that he didn't want to be chased (like Tetsurou had been) but the one doing the chasing.
Although I did then get this image of Remon filming the whole thing and adding a soundtrack of 'Yakity Sax'...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 08:59   Link #705
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kaito x Ichika
Tetsurou x Mio
Remon x Kanna (We all know Kanna secretly enjoy her special sessions with Remon, and Remon seems more interested in Kanna than in the other characters)

Those are the pairings I want to see at the end of the series. Nobody will be left all alone this way!
Old 2012-02-23, 13:02   Link #706
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's technically not too late for a "Guy C" for Kanna... You never know.

I wouldn't wish Remon on anybody romantically. From an audience POV she's a hoot. As a person (alien?) she's a sadistic terror.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 14:13   Link #707
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's technically not too late for a "Guy C" for Kanna... You never know.
Yeah but at this point it would feel like a bit of a cop out. As much as I'd hate to see Kanna end up alone with nobody, I wouldn't want that kind of cop out just to make us all feel better.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 19:51   Link #708
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Guy C for Kanna? As likely as Kaori (aka Girl C) coming back and stealing Kaito from everyone else's noses.

...dammit, that felt so dirty to say (type?). As a shipper, I SHOULD be on the far end of the 'optimistic' side ('delusional' if you will) for my ships.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 20:10   Link #709
Xaturas

Hmmm wonder what will be the result of Rinon sending the ship up up and away.
Also wasn't the ship kinda damaged so much that it couldn't fly away? Unless authors meant that it wouldn't be able to sustain life on board, but still was functional ...
Old 2012-02-23, 20:14   Link #710
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

OR it could like what the other poster said that it might be another ship coming to earth.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 21:07   Link #711
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
OR it could like what the other poster said that it might be another ship coming to earth.
I don't think thats the case.
Once Rinon god ButtSquashed the ship started. There's no way that ship from Ichika planet would start immediately after getting a distress call.

It was Ichika ship. First of all you get Rinon taking over the controls of the ship (all rinon faces appearing on the hud) watch ep 1 to confirm how it looks like when Rinon take over the ship. And ship was starting kinda from earth moving to space. (otherwise it would be shown a ship flying towards the screen not outwards)

So I'm damn sure it was Ichika ship going MIA, thing is where did it go and how did it go considering damage done to the ship.
Old 2012-02-23, 22:39   Link #712
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
I don't think thats the case.
Once Rinon god ButtSquashed the ship started. There's no way that ship from Ichika planet would start immediately after getting a distress call.
Unless they were already out looking for her. I think Remon's script has some relation to what's going on and we'll be meeting the real-life version of Kaori's space-cop soon.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 22:46   Link #713
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Hmmm wonder what will be the result of Rinon sending the ship up up and away.
Really? How should I put it, I couldn't care less... that whole alien/dying subplot has been irrelevant for several episodes now
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 22:49   Link #714
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Unless they were already out looking for her. I think Remon's script has some relation to what's going on and we'll be meeting the real-life version of Kaori's space-cop soon.
Maybe maybe not. As far as story goes Remon is a troll, thing is will her trolling be something more or just a good guesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Really? How should I put it, I couldn't care less... that whole alien/dying subplot has been irrelevant for several episodes now
Unfortunately it will play a major part. There's this foreshadowing that after summer ends they will part their ways, or so we are lead to believe. Only way for that to happen is for ichika to leave. Unless Kaito will die, cause ship go MIA. No ship=no healing = dead Kaito -_-.
Old 2012-02-24, 02:46   Link #715
teja208
Critical fanboy

From this episode:
Guy A x Girl B
Guy D x Girl E
Girl C x Dynamite Drink

Yup, perfect solution.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 18:22   Link #716
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

lol. The intoxicated Kana was so cute. Her behavior and manners of speech during such state makes her stand out more than the other cast. The maid outfit plus cat ears just made her more endearing. As for Mio, I'm glad that the episode explained why she's always naked at home or not wearing underwear.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 22:31   Link #717
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

OT:
full version of the ED's out
Nagi Yanagi''s just so awesome

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 12:04   Link #718
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako
Maybe maybe not. As far as story goes Remon is a troll, thing is will her trolling be something more or just a good guesses.
My new theory is that Remon knows the real story because she's from the *future* and she's here to make sure her ancestors hook up. And that could even mean she needs to make sure Kanna winds up with a "Guy C" we haven't met yet.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth
Unfortunately it will play a major part. There's this foreshadowing that after summer ends they will part their ways, or so we are lead to believe. Only way for that to happen is for ichika to leave. Unless Kaito will die, cause ship go MIA. No ship=no healing = dead Kaito -_-.
I think Rinon unintentionally sent a distress signal, and that was another ship that was already in space looking for Ichika. IIRC from ep 2, she's supposed to be on some other assignment and she made Rinon bring her to Earth instead. So she'd already be in trouble for that.

The show's pitched as a "nostalgic romance"; nostalgia's that longing feeling for a happier time in the past. So someone's leaving, but as the ending of Onegai Teacher shows
Spoiler:
On the other hand I think it would be perfectly fine to have this be a story about a summer romance that ended with her leaving. I think that would make anyone nostalgic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
If I remember correctly, Ichika's spaceship is damaged. It shouldn't be able to fly away like that.

I bet Rinon accidentaly sent out a distress signal. The one who's coming is going to try to break Ichika and Kaito's budding love.

girl A(lien)'s boyfriend or girl A's mother. Which one do you guys prefer? I hope it's girl A's boyfriend.
IIRC I read that one of the unused plot ideas for OneTea was for Mizuho's *fiancee* to come after her; that might be an interesting way to go (she came here to work out her feelings over her arranged marriage). But that's just a random thought.

Last edited by Robotnik; 2012-02-26 at 16:23.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 22:26   Link #719
Spychan
Aye girl, what up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
My new theory is that Remon knows the real story because she's from the *future* and she's here to make sure her ancestors hook up. And that could even mean she needs to make sure Kanna winds up with a "Guy C" we haven't met yet.
As much as I would be THRILLED by that idea...I am not getting *future* vibes whatsoever. Remon is the only character that has a higher maturity level than anybody else (regardless of her antics) and is more like an observer to me. Yes, I may definitely think she may be connected to Ichika in some way or form (maybe from the same planet only been on earth longer?) and Remon may have a connection with how everything is going to truly end in this drama.

I feel like if there is going to be space cops actually showing up, Remon is going to save Ichikas ass with her infinite wisdom.

(This was back in 2007 I guess? Whoa. Maybe 2005...IDK)Currently Watching:
Code-e, Mushi-Uta, , Zero no Tsukaima, Gurren Lagann, Nagasarete Airantou, Romeo X Juliet, Neon Gensis Evangelion, Nadia, Tsubasa Chronicle and Kami sama Kazoku.
Spychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 22:57   Link #720
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I like the theory that Remon is Ichigo underneath another alias, personally. And that her mischievous ways are only amplified as time goes on, going by her increased 'pranks' from teacher to twins to this...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen